PDA

View Full Version : Pollspeak

The Maestro
9/3/2008, 10:45 AM
Interesting website...how the AP poll voters actually voted.

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=T&s=5&p=9&w=2&t1=75&t2=0&v=397

The worst? Molly Yanity of Seattle. Had us 9th behind Kansas, Missouri and Boston College.

She's already received a friendly e-mail from me today. I guess she will become a believer in a few weeks.

Kirk Bohls even has us at number 2. Bet the folks in Austin love that!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 10:50 AM
Scott Wolf from the LA times....that guy is the writer who insisted on voting Florida ST number 1 throughout the 2000 season because "even though oklahoma is undefeated, we all know FSU would defeat them in a bowl matchup."

badger
9/3/2008, 10:57 AM

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=T&s=5&p=9&w=2&t1=75&t2=0&v=397

The worst? Molly Yanity of Seattle. Had us 9th behind Kansas, Missouri and Boston College.

Ok, so we go up there to Warrrshington and convince her to vote otherwise, kay?

Or perhaps, a roundhouse kick to the Huskies will not suffice. We should just go ahead and return the NBA team we stole. That might be the key to getting a higher ranking from that single AP writer who really makes all the difference in the world to OU's rankings in a poll that doesn't even count toward the championship game. :D

Goodbye, OKC Thunder, Barons, Marshals, etc. We were really looking forward to you, but I'm sorry, it just can't be because Molly Yanity is bitter that the only thing she gets to cover in Seattle now are the Mariners, Seahawks and college teams, but no Sonic basketball.

:P Screw you, Seattle writer. See you in a week for your whuppin'

Collier11
9/3/2008, 11:37 AM
I could care less about the polls, they dont mean anything until we get a few games into conf

sooner59
9/3/2008, 11:42 AM
I just thought it was funny that someone from Oregon voted us #1.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/3/2008, 01:02 PM
Adam Van Brimmer Has us at #8 behind #4Mo and #2Bama, but has Wake Forest at #9? This dude isn't taking this seriously.

OUMallen
9/3/2008, 01:09 PM

She's already received a friendly e-mail from me today. I guess she will become a believer in a few weeks.

Kirk Bohls even has us at number 2. Bet the folks in Austin love that!

The higher we are, the better for UT in Oct. Either they win and it's a better upset, or they lose and they were supposed to lose to the #2 team. Stupid whorns.

Mandibleclaw
9/3/2008, 01:10 PM
This only proves that many morons have voting privileges.

Collier11
9/3/2008, 01:23 PM
NO, it proves that people who hold a position of high responsibility dont take it very serious therefore they should lose their vote.

NYC Poke
9/3/2008, 01:24 PM
Great website.

soonermix
9/3/2008, 01:40 PM
at this point it really is like throwing darts at a dart board in the dark, drunk, while beating your head into a wall

NYC Poke
9/3/2008, 03:33 PM
Why should the polls be any different from how I chose classes in college?

badger
9/3/2008, 03:50 PM
Why should the polls be any different from how I chose classes in college?

Well, well, pokie, looks like you have Tulsa's vote and... Savannah's, haha, according to this. (http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=T&s=5&p=9&w=2&t1=76&t2=0&v=397) That dude must still remember you from between the hedges last year, eh?

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 04:19 PM
Fowler, James and Herbsteak...ABC/ESPN continues to wield Thor's Hammer of Influence.

Ray Ratto has us #2. I like that guy. He is a frequent guest on Rome is Burning.

NYC Poke
9/3/2008, 04:24 PM
I thought the Savannah one was a little odd, too. I wonder if there's any connection through golf between him and Holder?

I think we have a fine little team, but we haven't proven anything yet. A ranking at this point is premature. WSU is not a good football team.

badger
9/3/2008, 04:27 PM
I thought the Savannah one was a little odd, too. I wonder if there's any connection through golf between him and Holder?

I think we have a fine little team, but we haven't proven anything yet. A ranking at this point is premature. WSU is not a good football team.

The voters tend to vote for teams they're familiar with, so if it wasn't your Georgia game, perhaps it was the Troy game. Yes, I know you lost them both, but they were (laugh out loud funny) road games and perhaps the Savannah reporter is giving you kudos for improvements since last year.

Or perhaps, the reporter is mistaking you for one of the other OSU schools out there. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 04:38 PM
looks like they are well on their way to being a better than 101 ranked defense badj....what did we bet again?

badger
9/3/2008, 04:45 PM
looks like they are well on their way to being a better than 101 ranked defense badj....what did we bet again?

um... derp?

(I can't believe I'm typing "derp" so much lately - it's a little dumb noise created by a TF2 server, but it's much more fun than saying "huh," which sounds even worse)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 04:46 PM
fverp!

badger
9/3/2008, 04:47 PM
and anyways, didn't I say that they were going to be better than 100?

...and WHY are we having this conversation after they play the worst team in the pac 10?!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 04:49 PM
no you went the uther way saying they would be 101 or worser....because EVERY GAME COUNTS!