PDA

View Full Version : espn radio

rondog79
9/3/2008, 10:37 AM
did anyone hear this this morning doooshbag on their kept calling ou chokelahoma and overrated. he say he's taking all the pressure off ohio st and putting it on us. morons like that make me sick

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 10:44 AM
was it cowherd

boomersooner28
9/3/2008, 10:58 AM
Hold on...I have the entire transcript...yes it was Cowherd

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 11:01 AM
I don't listen to ESPN radio until Nate Newton comes on..I could careless about cowherd

badger
9/3/2008, 11:03 AM
Hey, he has a point - Oklahoma was sorely choking against the stormy clouds last Saturday. The stormy clouds held us to SEVEN POINTS in the second half. SEVEN!

And the stormy clouds aren't even ranked. We are doomed, people. Convert to tOSU, USC and other top ranked t-shirts... I mean FOOTBALL PROGRAMS... before OU suffers another "loss" (against the spread) to an unranked opponent.

boomersooner28
9/3/2008, 11:14 AM
We (Sooner Nation) Have Been Called Out

Live from "The Herd" hosted by USC homer Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio and ESPNU.

"Let me get this out. I have been critical of Ohio State. There is no question about that. But, people banging Ohio State for losing 2 national titles? At least they lose them to SEC teams. What about Choke-la-homa? They don't get a third of the media criticism and they've lost to everybody. They've lost to the Big East, the WAC, the SEC, they were embarrassed by the Pac-10. USC clobbered em. A USC player told me 2 years ago. That when they (USC) were up by 40, they (OU) were still talking trash. They (OU) are obnoxious. Listen, at least Choke-la-home is not only delusional but they are obnoxious. At least midwest football fans, they're delusional, but they are nice people. And big game Bob Stoops? What a joke. He's 4-4 in Bowl games. Urban Meyer and Pete Carrol run circles around him. They've lost 4 of 5 Bowls. 2 of em absolutely embarrassing gags. There was a kid in knew in Jr High, his name was Jimmy Almeston. He reminds me of Oklahoma fan. He would taunt people and get in a fight about every 2 weeks. He would then just get blistered and he would still never shut up. He was inept and cocky. And that's what Oklahoma is. At least Ohio St. fans are cautiously optimistic. They respect USC. I get 1,000 e-mails a day and OSU fans say "we need Beanie, we have to play our tails off", they are cautious. I mean Oklahoma fan, I got an e-mail today from an OU fan that said "USC- we would crush them." You (OU) are not even in USC's class! USC is 17-1 against top 10 teams with the only loss being in a game in which they were leading by 12 in the 4th quarter. You (OU) are not even in their class. They (USC) play 17 points better in big games, you (OU) play worse. Say what you want."

All while "Choke-la-homa not as great as they think they are" is pasted to the bottom of the television. :rolleyes:

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah....I heard it this morning.

All this crap comes from us.....well......basically palying like crap in our bowl games as of late. We win a bowl this year....it goes away. Lose again......and geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh :D

PDXsooner
9/3/2008, 11:24 AM
now, let's all admit that even though he's exaggerating there is some truth that hurts in that rant. we will naturally (and rightfully) point to our successes -- the National Title in '00, the destroying of Pac-10 champ Wazzu in the Rose Bowl in '02, the 5 Big 12 Championships for stoops, etc...

if we were judging another team we'd point out losing (one of them badly) in 2 nat'l title games (and the other we were a big favorite and lost), and losing to teams named boise state and west virginia as favorites.

ou is definitely a top 3 program this decade but lose the edge to usc, and probably ohio st. we have a legit claim to #2 with osu.

boomersooner28
9/3/2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, at this point, there is not much we can say. :O

badger
9/3/2008, 11:25 AM
He's 4-4 in Bowl games. Urban Meyer and Pete Carrol run circles around him. They've lost 4 of 5 Bowls. 2 of em absolutely embarrassing gags.
[/B]

Um... derp?

Independence Bowl 1999: Loss to SEC Ole Miss.
Orange Bowl 2000 (or 01): Win against ACC Florida State
Cotton Bowl 2001 (or 02): Win against SEC Arkansas
Rose Bowl 2002 (or 03): Win against Pac 10 Wazzu
Sugar Bowl 2003 (or 04): Loss against SEC LSU
Orange Bowl 2004 (or 05): Loss against Pac 10 USC
Holiday Bowl 2005: Win against Pac 10 Oregon
Fiesta Bowl 2006 (or 07): Loss against WAC Boise State
Fiesta Bowl 2007 (or 08) Loss against Big East West Virginia.

Ok, I count NINE bowls there, not eight, genius. We've never played Urban Meyer, as he was at Utah before and we have yet to meet Florida since his arrival there. I would also like to point out that in those bowls with Stoops, we are 2-1 over Pac 10 teams... and these are teams that have beaten Carroll. But, whatev, I'm obviously not going to get angry over someone that is just doing his job to make us all angry and listen to his garbage.

Pieces Hit
9/3/2008, 11:28 AM
The only thing that's gonna end this crap is a BCS win.

That, or a well-placed 2x4.

PDXsooner
9/3/2008, 11:31 AM
cowherd definitely is a pac-10 homer (er, check that -- USC since they are the only real power in the Pac-10). and he became much more anti-OU after OU fans become so obsessed and complained incessantly after the oregon refereeing debacle (which was a joke, and in my book we went to autzen and won).

boomersooner28
9/3/2008, 11:36 AM
The funny thing is that I was chillin on the couch, minding my own business, flippin through the channels trying to find something to watch. I didn't even know that his radio show was on ESPNU. I get to that channel and listen for a sec just to se what the douchbag looked like because I had only heard the guy, never seen him. I knew he was a douchrocket. It wasn't 2 minutes later when he starts bagging on us like crazy. Heh.

badger
9/3/2008, 11:40 AM
Meh, bagging on OU after two Fiesta Bowl losses (or after the two nat'l title losses) is like calling George W. Bush "dumb" on late night television. It's already been done over and over, get over it, get over yourself, because you're not original and you're not funny.

It is funny that you bring up the Oregon reffing debacle (and for the record, I'm sure there are Oregon fans out there that would gladly remove the 2006 game from the recordbooks if we remove the 2005 Holiday Bowl from the record as well... no deal? Ok, then deal w/ it). Are you suggesting that we give this guy the same treatment that some of OU rogue fans gave this particular replay ref? :D

soonerboy
9/3/2008, 11:46 AM
Meh, bagging on OU after two Fiesta Bowl losses (or after the two nat'l title losses) is like calling George W. Bush "dumb" on late night television. It's already been done over and over, get over it, get over yourself, because you're not original and you're not funny.

It is funny that you bring up the Oregon reffing debacle (and for the record, I'm sure there are Oregon fans out there that would gladly remove the 2006 game from the recordbooks if we remove the 2005 Holiday Bowl from the record as well... no deal? Ok, then deal w/ it). Are you suggesting that we give this guy the same treatment that some of OU rogue fans gave this particular replay ref? :D

im starting to think that you are cowherd

badger
9/3/2008, 11:48 AM
im starting to think that you are cowherd

http://chosenofmystra.net/gabby/noob.jpg
;)

Scott D
9/3/2008, 12:26 PM
I hate people like the ones in this thread that continue to allow jerkoffs like weasleherd to have a radio program that has become syndicated on television.

badger
9/3/2008, 12:28 PM
I hate people like the ones in this thread that continue to allow jerkoffs like weasleherd to have a radio program that has become syndicated on television.

Hey, our football team can always use a little extra motivation, right?

:mad: especially in January :mad:

:D j/k

sooner94
9/3/2008, 12:31 PM

Cowherd's comments are definitely over the top, but look at our last 4 BCS games. Best way to shut up the critics is the stomp some *** the BCS championship game in Miami.

Remember also, that the more guys like Cowherd make over the top comments and stir up ****, the more attention they get. And that is what he is trying to do- get more attention.

Echoes
9/3/2008, 12:33 PM
Ouch. His comments burn.

We need to win something this year.

Scott D
9/3/2008, 12:41 PM
Hey, our football team can always use a little extra motivation, right?

:mad: especially in January :mad:

:D j/k

if the football team needs motivation out of that idiot, then they all need to change sports to cheerleading.

badger
9/3/2008, 12:44 PM
if the football team needs motivation out of that idiot, then they all need to change sports to cheerleading.

Need? No, but I said they could "use" it, not that they "need" it, but they could always "use" it.

In conclusions, we need a direct competitor to ESPN for sports news. Some rich dude needs to step up. T. Boone???? ;)

Scott D
9/3/2008, 12:50 PM
Versus is working on it. Using the same path ESPN took to "glory".

badger
9/3/2008, 12:53 PM
Versus is working on it. Using the same path ESPN took to "glory".

I remember watching that channel twice - for the USC/Stanford game last year, and the Chuck Norris MMA league. I like Chuck's better than UFC. They might just pull it off, and if they do, we'll all be better off for it.

sooooo sick of espn controlling everything sports.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/3/2008, 12:54 PM

I can say this; I have no idea who that a-hole is and I am glad about that. He is doing nothing more than throwing out insults. I have never heard of him before, but now that I have, I will turn the dial every time I hear his name. Dudes like that just want you to tune in. I won't. I'd kick his *** given the opportunity though.

Scott D
9/3/2008, 12:56 PM
it wouldn't be hard. He's probably not even 150 lbs soaking wet in winter clothing.

badger
9/3/2008, 12:57 PM
From Wikipedia:

Cowherd attended Eastern Washington University[1] and began his career as the play-by-play voice for the Pacific Coast League's Las Vegas Stars. He eventually became a sports director at KVBC-TV in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he was named Nevada's Sportscaster of the Year five times. He also served as sports anchor at WTVT-TV in Tampa, Florida. He moved to Portland, Oregon, in 1996, where he spent nearly two years at KGW Northwest NewsChannel 8, working as a sports anchor and hosting the 30-minute 'A guy's take on baseball' program. In 2001, The Herd moved from an afternoon time slot on all-sports radio KFXX to the morning drive time.

In 2003, Cowherd was selected to replace Tony Kornheiser for the late morning time slot on ESPN Radio.

In other words, harmless. Don't let him get to you.

primetime43
9/3/2008, 01:07 PM
If I were Stoops I would play that everyday before practice and games to give the boys a little extra juice!

Scott D
9/3/2008, 01:17 PM
if they need motivation from that, then there are serious recruiting issues.

birddog
9/3/2008, 01:29 PM
i guess i'm the only one that finds cowherd entertaining. :O

SoonerRecon
9/3/2008, 01:43 PM
must be a contract year for cowturd, he needs ratings and so he takes a swing at an easy target. don't listen, and he'll get replaced by some other west coast homer. espn sucks, don't watch, but if you must then don't listen.

The_Red_Patriot
9/3/2008, 03:13 PM
Doug Gotleib called in and tried to defend OU. He wouldnt let him get a word in.

Doug said that Collin rewrites the history books and brought up the point that OU came back 18 pts behind in the 4th qtr against BSU.

Collin said USC would never be behind a program like BSU by 18 pts.

Doug said something along the lines of " yea, USC just loses to Stanford at home"

Collin said you will have to better than Stanford and cut him off.

badger
9/3/2008, 03:21 PM
Doug Gotleib called in and tried to defend OU. He wouldnt let him get a word in.

Doug said that Collin rewrites the history books and brought up the point that OU came back 18 pts behind in the 4th qtr against BSU.

Collin said USC would never be behind a program like BSU by 18 pts.

Doug said something along the lines of " yea, USC just loses to Stanford at home"

Collin said you will have to better than Stanford and cut him off.

You know who USC will have to be better than this year?

Ohio State
Oregon State
Oregon
Arizona State
Washington State
Arizona
Washington
Cal
Stanford
Notre Dame
UCLA

Unless I am mistaken, each of the teams that bolded received votes in one of the polls this week (yes, even Arizona, go Mikey go!). I don't believe that there is any team out there that will take USC likely and doesn't want the opportunity to make a national statement. Now, who will USC actually lose to? Here's my picks:

Ohio State
Oregon State
Oregon
Arizona State
Washington State
Arizona
Washington
Cal
Stanford
Notre Dame
UCLA

Yes, I said it - Stanford beats USC again. There is just something about the fighting trees this year - a coach that doesn't give a d@mn about what a college football scheme should be like and what he should do in any given situation. Anyone watching last week knows that Stanford is capable of beating anyone.

MiccoMacey
9/3/2008, 03:25 PM
1) I like listening to Cowherd. For an admitted PAC-10 guy, he absolutely thrashed the PAC-10 President last year about his weak conference.

2) Most of what he said is true. We've lost 4 of our last five bowl games. We got embarrassed by USC.

3) What he didn't tell you is that OU's bowl record the last five years is bad because we've played the toughest bowl schedule of any team I can think of over that same period.

2003 - played #2 LSU
2004 - played #1 USC
2005 - played #6 Oregon
2006 - played #5 Boise State (I think they were #5...going off memory)
2007 - played #8 West Virginia (see BSU)

Find me another team in the land who played comparable bowl opponents. I looked once, but I don't think anyone played the level of opponent we've played.

PDXsooner
9/3/2008, 03:28 PM
USC has gotten off easy in bowl games playing the big ten.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/3/2008, 03:34 PM
Hold on...I have the entire transcript...yes it was Cowterd

FIXED:cool:

Jdog
9/3/2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah....I heard it this morning.

All this crap comes from us.....well......basically palying like crap in our bowl games as of late. We win a bowl this year....it goes away. Lose again......and geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh :D

Problem is - we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we win like SC, then Cowherd would say it's because we're a dirty program. If we lose then we're chokers.

Don't listen to A$$es like that. Screw him. We have one of the best programs around - our coachs win - they've made some mistakes - but it's still great football.

Lott's Bandana
9/3/2008, 04:38 PM
Appalachian State beats Mish last year and this guy comes on the air and questions whether they have electricity on their campus. Anyone else says something like that, they get fired.

All this from a guy who went to Eastern Washington. Jeebus.

picasso
9/3/2008, 05:20 PM
bet you money this guy was 3rd string in 8th grade.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/3/2008, 05:56 PM
I do like Mike & Mike but turn it off once cowherd comes on. He is very annoying.

birddog
9/3/2008, 06:02 PM
i remember colin called us the best team in the country last year before our loss to colorado.

sometimes it's not good to have selective memory.

soonerboomer93
9/3/2008, 06:14 PM
you guys realize Cowherd was up on oklahoma all last year, saying how good we were. He also admits he's a USC homer, and hates the big 10. He called out the pac-10 commissioner on serveral BCS items and the pac-10 refs for out of conference games at home issue.

Some of the critism, especially regarding bowl games is well earned. Some of it's just trash talk, but he also admits he wants to generate controvery and likes to **** off people.

Bottom line, there's no excuse for a bowl loss this year, and there shouldn't have been one last year. I don't care who's injured, who's suspened for stealing, what ever. We're deep enough and talented that injuries and suspensions aren't an excuse.

IronHorseSooner
9/3/2008, 07:01 PM
FWIW, he said before the 2007 draft that because AD's dad was in prison that teams ought to do a background check on him. He was dead serious and when someone called in to debate this, he treated them just like he treated Gottlieb when he came in to defend us. On the other hand, he and Pete Carroll did agree that the only team that would really concern him if they had to play them every year was us.

cheezyq
9/3/2008, 07:07 PM
Ouch. His comments burn.

We need to win something this year.

Sorry, but I can't take this *** clown (Cowherd, not you) seriously enough to think his comments burn. He's an idiot.

1. He takes USC player's comments (likely out of context) and uses it to say all OU players are jerks. What PROBABLY happened is that the Sooner player was excited about a good play and was trying to pump his team up and keep them from giving up. Either way, to hold that up as an example that Stoops and Co. are bastards is weak sauce.

2. He calls all midwesterners delusional. Sorry, but I've been down this road before. He thinks that because they have higher crime, smog, and 2-hour commutes to work, that means that they are more enlightened than the rest of us. They work 14-hour days to barely afford about 700-800 square feet of living space, while us backwards midwesterners are "delusional" with our acres of land.

Coastal habitants spend numerous hours either sitting single file in their cars, or slaving away for a corporate entity whose leaders view them as merely a vehicle for attaining their own luxurious retirement. We have lower crime rates, better schools, cleaner air, and more time to spend with our families. They have students bringing guns to school, inner city schools that are merely recruiting grounds for gangs, smog, and spend 16-18 hours a day away from their homes and families JUST to be able to afford the basic necessities...and he calls US delusional?

3. He samples a single, solitary email from a random OU fan and uses it to condemn the entire fanbase.

Colin Cowherd is world-class boob who is paid merely to spout random absurdities as facts and **** off his listeners in the name of controversy and ratings. And yes, if we face USC this year, we will beat the (*^*#$&^% out of them.

illinisooner
9/3/2008, 07:13 PM
The Herd openly admits being a Pac 10 homer, and always hates on the Big 12. However, his points are always absolute and he never does more than a few minutes of research or recalling something from memory when making these points.

A Sooner in Texas
9/3/2008, 09:16 PM
http://chosenofmystra.net/gabby/noob.jpg
;)

and that's about the nicest way it can be said.

bluedogok
9/3/2008, 09:35 PM
I do like Mike & Mike but turn it off once cowherd comes on. He is very annoying.
Pretty much the same, I listen to ESPN Radio, after M&M I switch over to WEEI out of Boston since I will not listen to the local Whorn radio here or the Sports Animal online since both are pretty much worthless. Tirico & Van Pelt are pretty good to bad the Cowturd time is slotted between them.

KingBarry
9/4/2008, 04:24 AM
Look guys, we have basically sucked in bowl games. Very conservative play has produced uninspired players. I am not criticizing our staff or players. I understand that these are high stakes games, after a long layoff, and away from home. I understand that in these situations, Coach Stoops likes to rely on D to win games. At the same time, I realize that the national press is going to make fun of us until we win some more bowl games.

What if some hairpiece started spouting off that SC was full of it and all talk and LA style PR? Pointed out that in BCS terms the Trojans only `one peted`, and had produced little hard ware otherwise, and was basically over rated every year?

Would you call for his head? Would you turn him off? No, I think you would not.

When you win, you get the glory. When you lose, you......... do not.

The_Red_Patriot
9/4/2008, 11:47 AM
Collin picks his nose and eats his boogers.....Wonder if he is related to Chase?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYtb6-E5m-E

badger
9/4/2008, 12:00 PM
and that's about the nicest way it can be said.

AS LONG AS you add the winky at the end, you can say or post anything - it lets the peoples know you are kidding around. ;)

It's is equal to a reporter, police officer or lawyer adding "allegedly" to every statement - WE'RE NOT SAYING IT'S TRUE, we're just saying it happened... allegedly.

It's equal to NBA player punching each other in the throat and kicking each other in the groin... SO LONG AS you ask "Are you OK?" afterward, to let it be known that whatever damage was dealt was unintentional. FALCONNNN... PUNCH! ...are you ok?

Consider that your n00b ejumacation for the day. ;)

Allegedly. ;)

Are you ok?