Remi Ayodele cut by Cowboys
Teddy Lehman on IR with the Lions
Bassey/Ah You cut by Rams
49ers cut Lewis Baker
Vikings cut Alexander/Marcus Walker

can't think of anybody else

OK2LA
9/2/2008, 10:12 PM
And they say we don't have players in the N.F.L. . . . .

Rhino
9/2/2008, 10:15 PM
Travis Wilson added to Broncos practice squad.
CJ Ah You added to Rams practice squad.
Marcus Walker added to Vikings practice squad.
Joe Jon Finley added to 49ers practice squad.
Remi Ayodele added to Saints practice squad.

Eric Bassey is expected to be added to the Rams practice squad.
Larry Birdine is expected to be added to the Broncos practice squad.
Lewis Baker is expected to be added to the 49ers practice squad.

KingDavid
9/2/2008, 11:21 PM

love that positive focus!

soonersweetie
9/3/2008, 11:53 PM
it would be nice if we would actually get to see them play :(

practice squad :(

JLEW1818
9/3/2008, 11:57 PM
How much does a rookie on practice squad make

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2008, 12:27 AM
about tree fiddy...

8timechamps
9/4/2008, 01:18 AM

I was a little surprised that Rufus was sent packin'. Any word on where he'll land?

rondog79
9/4/2008, 12:02 PM
he should of stayed home

badger
9/4/2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for centralizing this. The thread per cut player was getting depressing :(

Practice squad players typically make a fraction of what regular squad players make and seldom make more than the practice squad minimum, as a courtesy to other teams. No need to compete over players that weren't good enough to make regular rosters, y'know?

In perspective:
$325,000 is the rookie minimum salary.
$4,500 is the weekly practice squad salary.

Stay with a team 16 weeks, and that adds up pretty nicely (4,500 x 16 = $72,000). However, practice squad players can be cut with a snap of a finger, especially with ongoing injuries and player transactions during the regular season (see Thompson, Paul), which is sad but true. Squaders are expendable, so our guys need to continue playing hard, show their worth and they may even move up to a regular roster spot should the injury bug bite the Neffel the way it's bitten college in week one.

stoopified
9/4/2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for centralizing this. The thread per cut player was getting depressing :(

Practice squad players typically make a fraction of what regular squad players make and seldom make more than the practice squad minimum, as a courtesy to other teams. No need to compete over players that weren't good enough to make regular rosters, y'know?

In perspective:
$325,000 is the rookie minimum salary.
$4,500 is the weekly practice squad salary.

Stay with a team 16 weeks, and that adds up pretty nicely (4,500 x 16 = $72,000). However, practice squad players can be cut with a snap of a finger, especially with ongoing injuries and player transactions during the regular season (see Thompson, Paul), which is sad but true. Squaders are expendable, so our guys need to continue playing hard, show their worth and they may even move up to a regular roster spot should the injury bug bite the Neffel the way it's bitten college in week one.$4,500 X 16 games =72K,If they get paid for bye weeks,preseason,postseason(if their team makes it) that adds up tp pretty good money in my book.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/4/2008, 08:29 PM
They do get paid for the post season and bye weeks

badger
9/4/2008, 09:14 PM
I am not really sure how that all works, but I know that players get paid regardless of output or injury and I think that applies to the practice squad...of course, you are quite likely to be let go if you are an unproductive practice squad member :D

I mean... there's hundreds more players for practice out there for the NFL teams to choose from!

I think pay for all players is split up either 16 or 17 ways so that they are only paid during the reg season - unless they choose to get their payments split up more so that they are paid throughout the year. I don't think anyone chooses that option, however. They want their money ASAP :D

birddog
9/8/2008, 04:38 PM
anybody have some updates on how our former players performed over the weekend?

tia.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 04:41 PM
I ll tell ya what I know off the top of my head

Lofton had 4 tackles and played well
Brandon Jones had 1 catch for 5 yards
Mark Clayton had a 42 yard TD run on a reverse and caught 2 passes for 13 yards
Clint Ingram had a couple of tackles
Dusty had a couple of tackles and played really well...Tommie had a tackle
Mark Bradley didn't have a catch but he did play

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 04:42 PM
Roy had a couple of tackles I m sure Corey Ivy had a tackle or 2

birddog
9/8/2008, 04:42 PM
and AP is not on a roster?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2008, 04:44 PM
nope

badger
9/8/2008, 05:09 PM
All Day on all night (weak smile) on Monday Night Football tonight. Due to the Packers supremely talented defense, look for the Vikings to run continuously in hopes of wearing out the likes of KGB et al. The Packers out-talent the Vikings WR's in secondardy skillz, not to mention get-to-the-quarterback ability, so look for the Vikings game plan to be running... all day. Because man cannot live on bread alone and offenses cannot live on running alone (as we learned through the Lions with Sanders), look for the Viking to at least get in field goal range when the WR's fail to block for AD. The kicker, Ryan Longwell, was at one time (PACKERS time, grr...) the most accurate kicker in NFL history. In other words, there will be points, even if they aren't touchdown points.

On the Packers side of the ball, there are no Sooners on Packer offense or Viking defense, so you can stop reading here if you choose :D I'll to make it relevant to AD if possible... The Packers have Ryan Grant, who you would love last season if you happened to grab him on your fantasy team. He takes the pressure off newbie QB Aaron Rodgers, who has backed up QB legend Brett Favre :(:(:( for several years. To get AD back on the field, the Vikings secondard, which includes a whorn :mad: :mad: :mad:, so no hope there :D However, with former Pro Bowler Darren Sharper (PACKER pro bowler, grrr....) expect a few mis-thrown balls to lead to AD running once again.

When you combine the talent of the Packer's defense with the sheer talent of AD, you have a big :confused: face. However, I think back to the days of Packer frustration dealing with Barry Sanders. Packers won, yes, but Barry always got his yardage and stats. It was a miracle day when we held him to -1 yards (that made the Hall of Fame video, hehe).

Prediction:
-AD has 150 yards.
-AD has at least one touchdown from a longer run, not a goalline stance.
- Decoy No. 29 contributes about 30-50, making total Vikings rushing about 200 yards.

Packers: 35
Vikings: 13

birddog
9/8/2008, 05:26 PM
this pack-vikes game is the most interested i've been in an nfl game since "sweetness" led the bears to the 85 superbowl.

shaun4411
9/8/2008, 06:36 PM
so what exactly is the life of a practice squader? you practice with the team, learn the playbook, pray for injuries to backups, and watch games from the sidelines? maybe try to get a date with some of the cheerleaders?

birddog
9/8/2008, 10:09 PM
so, i see reggie smith is listed as 4th team cb on an awful 49er team.

good luck with that, reg.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=sfo&formationId=15

CCSFO
9/12/2008, 01:53 AM
A. Patrick added to CLE practice squad
L. Birdine added to SF practice squad.