PDA

View Full Version : Obama question?

achiro
9/2/2008, 05:08 PM
My sis, who still believes Obama is the antichrist(and a muslim):( , just told me something about him campaigning in Kenya in 2006 for his cousin who is a muslim and has ok'd killing of christians??? I've found a little info but nothing that seems factual and it goes both ways on the story, anyone know the real story?

Harry Beanbag
9/2/2008, 05:10 PM
:pop:

OKLA21FAN
9/2/2008, 05:13 PM
you just posted it on the innerweb....it has to be true!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2008, 05:13 PM
Google up obama kenya muslim kill christians religion of peace 2006

achiro
9/2/2008, 05:49 PM
Google up obama kenya muslim kill christians religion of peace 2006

I've googled it, I find that he was indeed in Kenya and spoke in support of this guy Raila Odinga. I also find people, including some government officials making claims that he ordered the killing of another tribe primarily christian but I also find people disputing it. I am loking for factual info

achiro
9/2/2008, 05:55 PM
and more than any of it, I am wondering why he was in Kenya speaking for the guy, cousin or not?

SicEmBaylor
9/2/2008, 05:57 PM
My sis, who still believes Obama is the antichrist(and a muslim):( , just told me something about him campaigning in Kenya in 2006 for his cousin who is a muslim and has ok'd killing of christians??? I've found a little info but nothing that seems factual and it goes both ways on the story, anyone know the real story?

I'm doubting it's real only because the thought of there being a legitimate election in Africa for which to campaign is laughable.

shaun4411
9/2/2008, 06:23 PM
the same internet has lots of people who actually think he's a muslim

Rogue
9/2/2008, 06:37 PM
Sigh. I know several otherwise seemingly sane people who believe he's a muslim and the devil. It's really sad. I mean maybe if I told them all they have to give me a dollar or the boogeyman will lay under their bed and growl every time there's a full moon I could get something out of it. As it is, I just can't believe these people live in the same world I do.

Whet
9/2/2008, 06:39 PM
When in school in Indonesia, his school record identified him as Muslim.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2008, 06:39 PM
I'm doubting it's real only because the thought of there being a legitimate election in Africa for which to campaign is laughable.makes good sense.

SoonerBorn68
9/2/2008, 06:40 PM
Sigh. I know several otherwise seemingly sane people who believe he's a muslim and the devil.

He is NOT the devil. He's the anti christ. ;)

Rogue
9/2/2008, 06:43 PM
When in school in Indonesia, his school record identified him as Muslim.

See, here's what I don't get about that...how it would matter if he was Muslim? Or Jewish? Or some version of Christian that you aren't? Or heathen? Or belonged to the church of the flying spaghetti monster. Are we electing a spiritual guru or an executive?

Rogue
9/2/2008, 06:44 PM
He is NOT the devil. He's the anti christ. ;)

Yeah, actually that is what they said. I guess I don't know the difference.

Whet
9/2/2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.theobamafile.com/_images/ObamaIndonesianCitizen.jpg

lexsooner
9/2/2008, 06:47 PM
See, here's what I don't get about that...how it would matter if he was Muslim? Or Jewish? Or some version of Christian that you aren't? Or heathen? Or belonged to the church of the flying spaghetti monster. Are we electing a spiritual guru or an executive?

It DOES matter to some people, because the POUS has always been a "Christian," whether or not he had a lick of faith or not. But a Muslim, is them people who blow up planes and attack the WTC and are swarthy and smell bad and make weird sounds and done wants to wipus us out.

Whet
9/2/2008, 06:49 PM
Sigh. I know several otherwise seemingly sane people who believe he's a muslim and the devil. It's really sad. I mean maybe if I told them all they have to give me a dollar or the boogeyman will lay under their bed and growl every time there's a full moon I could get something out of it. As it is, I just can't believe these people live in the same world I do.

I guess some of those sane people are correct - he was raised a muslim.

His greatest problems are is marxist influences, his tainted "friends" and mentors.

Whet
9/2/2008, 06:51 PM
Barack Obama was born of Communist activists, mentored by a communist writer and activist, spent his college days hanging around radical activists, worked as a radical community organizer learning the radical tactics of Alinsky, kept contact with radicals through the years, attends a radical church, and today lends his political skill to the international goals of radical activists, and has radicals working on his campaign.

Whet
9/2/2008, 06:56 PM
Alinski roots:

Obama answered a help-wanted ad for a position as a community organizer for the Developing Communities Project (DCP) of the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) in Chicago. Obama was 24 years old, unmarried, and according to his memoir, searching for a genuine African-American community.

Both the CCRC and the DCP were built on the Alinsky model of community agitation, wherein paid organizers learned how to "rub raw the sores of discontent," in Alinsky's words.

One of Obama's early mentors in the Alinsky method was Mike Kruglik, who had this to say (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=7004) to an interviewer of The New Republic, about Obama:

"He was a natural, the undisputed master of agitation, who could engage a room full of recruiting targets in a rapid-fire Socratic dialogue, nudging them to admit that they were not living up to their own standards. As with the panhandler, he could be aggressive and confrontational. With probing, sometimes personal questions, he would pinpoint the source of pain in their lives, tearing down their egos just enough before dangling a carrot of hope that they could make things better."

The agitator's job, according to Alinsky, is first to bring folks to the "realization" that they are indeed miserable, that their misery is the fault of unresponsive governments or greedy corporations, then help them to bond together to demand what they deserve, and to make such an almighty stink that the dastardly governments and corporations will see imminent "self-interest" in granting whatever it is that will cause the harassment to cease.

Another interesting read is this article about Barry:
Pinko (http://www.plumbbobblog.com/?p=215)

Sooner02
9/2/2008, 07:51 PM
If it was true, don't you think it would've been on fox news by now? The man's been campaigning for almost two years, I think it would have been brought out by now.

StoopTroup
9/2/2008, 07:57 PM
When I'm in a Country where the Leader kills people at the drop of a hat...

I'm in full support of all his policies.

SouthFortySooner
9/2/2008, 07:57 PM
He's no different than you or me. And that is how we feel about it down here in McCurtain Co. (winky thang)

JohnnyMack
9/2/2008, 08:10 PM
Obama and his paternal 1st cousin Odinga, wanted to bring the whole of Kenya under Sharia law. Obama campaigned for Odinga in August of 2006,just before he filed with the US Federal Elections Commission for his presidential candidacy.

The idea was simply to have the Luo tribe, mostly Muslims, to take over Kenya from the inheritors of colonial power, the Kikuyu, and bring the country under Sharia law, kick out the Western investors in the nation that had made it one of the most stable nations in Africa, and supplant those Western investors with wealthy Arab oil money.It all failed.Then Odinga yelled election fraud, and put his Luo Islamofascists into the streets of Nairobi to “protest” by murdering, raping and maiming Kikuyu people, including the recent burning alive of a church full of Christians.

If Obama and Odinga had succeeded, the next step in the plan would be for president Obama to help Odinga consolidate his power over Kenya by international recognition and trade. That will NOT happen. Obama wanted to expand Islamofascism, and annex Kenya to Somalia and the Sudan in an Islamofascist axis.

This puts both Obama and Odinga right up there in a pantheon with Idi Amin.Obama hates America, and the basis for America’s wealth. His actions show this.

Sounds plausible to me.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_UMJPRMUyTLA/RqexgqVPTTI/AAAAAAAAAAs/PufHzLAIvG4/s400/n522306244_197290_3718.jpg

GottaHavePride
9/2/2008, 08:15 PM
It DOES matter to some people, because the POUS has always been a "Christian," whether or not he had a lick of faith or not. But a Muslim, is them people who blow up planes and attack the WTC and are swarthy and smell bad and make weird sounds and done wants to wipus us out.

Um, from John Butler, Dean of Graduate Arts & Sciences at Yale (who has a pretty solid resume):

"Jefferson had real trouble with the Divinity of Christ and he had real trouble with the description of various events mentioned in both the New and the Old Testament so that he was an enlightened skeptic who was profoundly interested in the figure of Christ as a human being and as an ethical teacher. But he was not religious in any modern meaning of that word or any eighteenth century meaning of that word. He wasn't a regular church goer and he never affiliated himself with a religious denomination"

I'm not arguing that the vast majority of US Presidents have been Christians of some form or another, but there are exceptions.

mdklatt
9/2/2008, 08:53 PM
I mean maybe if I told them all they have to give me a dollar or the boogeyman will lay under their bed and growl every time there's a full moon I could get something out of it.

That will probably work if you do it via e-mail.

achiro
9/2/2008, 09:03 PM
and more than any of it, I am wondering why he was in Kenya speaking for the guy, cousin or not?

anyway?

JohnnyMack
9/2/2008, 09:18 PM
anyway?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kenya.asp

Snopes is your friend.

achiro
9/2/2008, 09:25 PM

Snopes is your friend.

I've read that. Have you? It says right there that he had talked to the dude on the phone in January this year and had made a public appearance with him in Kenya in 2006. I am asking what it was about and what his connection to this dude is?

Turd_Ferguson
9/2/2008, 09:52 PM

http://www.break.com/index/a-moment-for-the-history-books1.html

soonerscuba
9/2/2008, 10:19 PM

http://www.break.com/index/a-moment-for-the-history-books1.html

Oh ****. The Dems are in deep trouble.

Echoes
9/2/2008, 10:43 PM
If it was true, don't you think it would've been on fox news by now? The man's been campaigning for almost two years, I think it would have been brought out by now.

So true. Come on man.. Obama issued kill orders? I thought the Palin daughter scandal was reaching.. This one takes the cake.

Just because you might not agree with someones views on subjects, that does not mean they issue kill orders for the slaughtering of Christians.

Harry Beanbag
9/2/2008, 10:47 PM
Just because you might not agree with someones views on subjects, that does not mean they issue kill orders for the slaughtering of Christians.

But that's what Muslims do.

;)

Echoes
9/2/2008, 10:49 PM
But that's what Muslims do.

;)

;) Lol. Yep! All of them!

To the original poster though, I know what you mean. I have a friend who is the same way. She hasn't heard this rumor, but she will buy into the internet e-mail flagpin/muslim/antichrist rumors fast.

Kinda like some people on the board...

It's so annoying ;)

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 12:33 AM
Um, from John Butler, Dean of Graduate Arts & Sciences at Yale (who has a pretty solid resume):

"Jefferson had real trouble with the Divinity of Christ and he had real trouble with the description of various events mentioned in both the New and the Old Testament so that he was an enlightened skeptic who was profoundly interested in the figure of Christ as a human being and as an ethical teacher. But he was not religious in any modern meaning of that word or any eighteenth century meaning of that word. He wasn't a regular church goer and he never affiliated himself with a religious denomination"

I'm not arguing that the vast majority of US Presidents have been Christians of some form or another, but there are exceptions.hey, i read something about this earlier!

1-February-1991

President George Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW Washington, DC 20500

President Bush...

I know that you have much on your mind lately with the events in the Persian Gulf, but I must ask for just a moment of your time to point out a mistake you made in a recent speech. I was listening to CNN radio yesterday morning when I heard you say that, "one cannot be president of our country without faith in God." You also claimed that "this is a nation founded under God."

I am an American, and I like being American, because I really enjoy the fundamental notions which underlie our government and Constitution. But I have never thought of our founding fathers as particularly religious people. In fact, the fusion of religion and government was exactly what they came here to escape. I assume that when you used the word "God," you were referring to a Christian conception of God, but in fact this could not be farther from the beliefs of our nation's founders. For example, Thomas Jefferson once wrote that, "I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature." This from one of the most intellectual and celebrated presidents America has ever had. Abraham Lincoln felt the same way. He wrote, "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." Even George Washington, the father of our country, did not subscribe to the view with which you seemingly credit him. He once even stated that "the United States is in no sense founded upon the Christian Doctrine." And I have read statements by John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, and others to much the same effect.

Granted, you did not specify the nature of the god to which you referred. You did not distinctly assert his Christian character, but you are a Christian, President Bush, and so I assume that it is a Christian god you invoke. However, many of our founding fathers held no belief in any sort of god at all. Jefferson once said that "it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." And Thomas Paine, author of The Rights of Man, the first man to name "The United States of America," and the first man to propose American independence wrote, "I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church."

I do not wish in any way to restrict your religious beliefs, indeed your Christianity "neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." What I do object to is the association you draw between your religious beliefs and the ideas by which our great nation was founded. Our founding fathers were no more religious than they were the stiff, oil-painted characters we picture them as, which makes sense, for without such a high degree of religious tolerance our country could not have the level of religious freedom that we all enjoy today.

I know that you are under much pressure lately due to the responsibilities of war, so I will leave you now, only with the suggestion that your religious beliefs, no matter how valid, are your own, and do not, have never, and I hope never will belong to the country as a whole. Our freedoms are too wide and valuable to allow such a specific view to become part of the institution.

Respectfully,

Guy Petzall.from http://www.jalanjalan.com/letters/index.html

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 12:45 AM

Snopes is your friend.

So you mean that guy in Kenya doesn't have 21 million USD he needs to deposit into my bank account? ****.

Blue
9/3/2008, 01:02 AM
Hey Proud Gonzo, that's great and all but this country was founded UNDER GOD. Your people will succeed and God will be pushed out of this country and this country will fail. Congrats.

Why the hostility towards an imaginary being?

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 01:36 AM
Hey Proud Gonzo, that's great and all but this country was founded UNDER GOD. Your people will succeed and God will be pushed out of this country and this country will fail. Congrats.

Why the hostility towards an imaginary being?
1) you DO realize I didn't write that letter, right? I didn't even say if I agreed or disagreed with it.
2) what do you mean "your people"?

Blue
9/3/2008, 01:40 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C5nu5GRDzog&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C5nu5GRDzog&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blue
9/3/2008, 01:45 AM
1) you DO realize I didn't write that letter, right? I didn't even say if I agreed or disagreed with it.
2) what do you mean "your people"?

Yeah, you just posted it because you thought it was cute. "Your" people= Hate God, thinks anybody who believes in God is an idiot. Thinks religion sours society to the point that PEACE would reign if it was wiped out.

Why act coy when you obviously posted it with a point?

achiro
9/3/2008, 07:30 AM
I've read that. Have you? It says right there that he had talked to the dude on the phone in January this year and had made a public appearance with him in Kenya in 2006. I am asking what it was about and what his connection to this dude is?

Anyway?

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah, you just posted it because you thought it was cute. "Your" people= Hate God, thinks anybody who believes in God is an idiot. Thinks religion sours society to the point that PEACE would reign if it was wiped out.

Why act coy when you obviously posted it with a point?Actually, I wasn't making a political (or religious) point. I was reading that site earlier and when i saw this thread take a turn, thought it was amusingly coincidental and decided to share. If I'm making any point, it should be that the site I quoted is f*cking HILARIOUS. You should read that dude's letter to the manufacturers of Alpha-Bits voicing concern for unequal distribution of letters and lack of punctuation in their cereal.

And while you're at it, you should also pull that holy-stick out of your self-righteous, judgmental a5s and smack yourself with it a few times. TIA

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:50 AM
Anyway?

Obama made a trip through Africa in 2006. While in Kenya it looks like he spoke at a rally or two or three in support of this guy (although since there doesn't appear to be any audio or video of what he said I guess we don't really know).

And then he issued orders to have all the Christians wiped out right before he handed over a ginormous Ed McMahon style check for 1,000,000 USD.

trey
9/3/2008, 10:52 AM
Your people will succeed and God will be pushed out of this country and this country will fail. Congrats.

do people really believe this nonsense? hilarious!

badger
9/3/2008, 10:52 AM
You know, this might be a rumor to send into Doonesbury - the daughter that used to be a Deaniac in 2004 is now part of some Web site that tracks down Obama rumors and refutes them. Maybe Doonesbury can just hotlink the South Oval for future rumors :D

achiro
9/3/2008, 10:58 AM
Obama made a trip through Africa in 2006. While in Kenya it looks like he spoke at a rally or two or three in support of this guy (although since there doesn't appear to be any audio or video of what he said I guess we don't really know).

And then he issued orders to have all the Christians wiped out right before he handed over a ginormous Ed McMahon style check for 1,000,000 USD.

I assume you are trying to be sarcastic in the last sentence? My concern and question here is your first paragraph. He was in Africa supporting this guy who later ordered the killing of Christians. This doesn't give you pause at all? Seriously?

badger
9/3/2008, 11:06 AM
I assume you are trying to be sarcastic in the last sentence? My concern and question here is your first paragraph. He was in Africa supporting this guy who later ordered the killing of Christians. This doesn't give you pause at all? Seriously?

Well, everybody's going to die eventually, anyway, right? So, why postpone the inevitable?

(cue sensitivity police... this entire thread drips of sarcasm, not just specific sentences, much like all South Oval threads)

Lighten up. All killings, Christians and otherwise, are not a good thing.

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 11:08 AM
This is exactly why I think I am done talking election politics on this board for the most part. There are people on here who are so stupid and gullible they believe that Obama now has a hand in killing Christians, while I love policy debates and conversations about issues that are a tangible point to political process, arguing over whether or not Obama masterminded 9/11 (don't kid yourself, it's coming) serves no other purpose than to make everybody dumber for having read it.

There are other boards without the abusive environment, yada, yada, yada.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 11:10 AM

Do you have any specific information (I'm being serious here) that shows specifically Odinga issuing orders to "wipe out" Christians? I understand that after a hotly contested election that violence broke out, but is there a smoking gun that ties Odinga to the violence? I've seen plenty of right wing blogs but nothing from a reliable news source. Odinga is sitting as the Prime Minister of Kenya today, no?

Echoes
9/3/2008, 12:18 PM
And while you're at it, you should also pull that holy-stick out of your self-righteous, judgmental a5s and smack yourself with it a few times. TIA

True. Wow.. Gonzo just posted it to put it out there.. No need to call him out as being a God hater.. wow.

proud gonzo
9/3/2008, 12:21 PM
True. Wow.. Gonzo just posted it to put it out there.. No need to call her out as being a God hater.. wow.fixed. ;)

Echoes
9/3/2008, 12:23 PM
Dangit! I knew it! I knew it! I literally looked at the screen for 3 minutes thinking what I should put.. I wanted to go with her!

badger
9/3/2008, 12:34 PM
fixed. ;)

We both suffer from this prejudice here at SF.com. Woe to the Republic :(

;)

achiro
9/3/2008, 12:49 PM
Do you have any specific information (I'm being serious here) that shows specifically Odinga issuing orders to "wipe out" Christians? I understand that after a hotly contested election that violence broke out, but is there a smoking gun that ties Odinga to the violence? I've seen plenty of right wing blogs but nothing from a reliable news source. Odinga is sitting as the Prime Minister of Kenya today, no?

READ MY FIRST ****ING POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!! I asked the same damn question you just asked. I will also add that regardless of the answer, I still wonder why he was promoting anyone in Kenya???

badger
9/3/2008, 12:54 PM
Politics brings out the worst in a lot of situations :(

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 12:57 PM
Dangit! I knew it! I knew it! I literally looked at the screen for 3 minutes thinking what I should put.. I wanted to go with her!

Shes to classy to go out with you .
just sayin:P

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 01:15 PM
READ MY FIRST ****ING POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!! I asked the same damn question you just asked. I will also add that regardless of the answer, I still wonder why he was promoting anyone in Kenya???

Don't get all hateful sawbones.

We don't know what he said. Do we? Would this mark the first time one of our leaders spoke in a foreign land either for or against a particular political candidate?

mdklatt
9/3/2008, 01:20 PM
Dear Obama Haters,

It's okay to vote for John McCain if you want to vote for John McCain. You don't need to be on a constant lookout for new was to rationalize your Obama hatred. No matter how many real and imagined reasons you come up with for voting against him, your vote still only counts once.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 01:22 PM
Don't get all hateful bonepopper.

We don't know what he said. Do we? Would this mark the first time one of our leaders spoke in a foreign land either for or against a particular political candidate?

Fixed it fer ya there , Dayum Libs cant get anything right .:rolleyes:

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 01:32 PM
Dear Obama Haters,

It's okay to vote for John McCain if you want to vote for John McCain. You don't need to be on a constant lookout for new was to rationalize your Obama hatred. No matter how many real and imagined reasons you come up with for voting against him, your vote still only counts once.
Did you know there is no record as to what Obama was doing while Hitler rose to power? I mean, I can't speak to it one way or another, but he didn't bother getting a birth certificate until 1961 and we should look into what he was doing during the 30s.

SoonerBorn68
9/3/2008, 01:52 PM
Did you know there is no record as to what Obama was doing while Hitler rose to power? I mean, I can't speak to it one way or another, but he didn't bother getting a birth certificate until 1961 and we should look into what he was doing during the 30s.

It's easy to hide your identity when you're the anti christ. ;)

achiro
9/3/2008, 02:15 PM
You guys are right. God forbid we spend any time trying to figure out what our candidates stand for through their actual actions. We should just take anything they say as the truth. If we don't know the answers, it's just easier to post tinfoil hat pictures and sarcasm to try and change the subject. It's a heck of a lot easier than facing things that might actually make you question the almighty.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 02:49 PM
Exactly where does Sarah Palin stand in regards to her association with the Alaskan Independence Party?

achiro
9/3/2008, 03:19 PM
Exactly where does Sarah Palin stand in regards to her association with the Alaskan Independence Party?

oh, and answer questions with questions.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 03:27 PM
It would seem that there isn't any 100% iron clad information relating to what you're alleging. I would think however if it was true and that this was some sort of hate crime on this guy's part instead of post election violence flare ups we might have heard something. WTF do you want, someone to fly to Kenya? You've got your slant, I've got mine. I happen to think if something as serious as what you're alleging happened did happen that maybe he wouldn't be sitting as the Prime Minister of Kenya right now. That's my opinion on it anyways.

achiro
9/3/2008, 03:27 PM

The Alaska Division of Elections confirmed that Palin had been registered as a Republican since 1982.

achiro
9/3/2008, 03:36 PM
It would seem that there isn't any 100% iron clad information relating to what you're alleging. I would think however if it was true and that this was some sort of hate crime on this guy's part instead of post election violence flare ups we might have heard something. WTF do you want, someone to fly to Kenya? You've got your slant, I've got mine. I happen to think if something as serious as what you're alleging happened did happen that maybe he wouldn't be sitting as the Prime Minister of Kenya right now. That's my opinion on it anyways.

Double standard!

You're sitting there wondering what the hell I'm talking about? I'm talking about the fact that you just said that he wouldn't be sitting as Prime minister yet the fact that Palin is the sitting governor has no bearing in all the things that people continue to banter about. If she was really as bad as people are saying, would she have been voted in and would she have such a high approval rating 2 years into her tenure? :pop:

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 03:48 PM
Double standard!

You're sitting there wondering what the hell I'm talking about? I'm talking about the fact that you just said that he wouldn't be sitting as Prime minister yet the fact that Palin is the sitting governor has no bearing in all the things that people continue to banter about. If she was really as bad as people are saying, would she have been voted in and would she have such a high approval rating 2 years into her tenure? :pop:

I didn't say she was bad. I said she isn't the lily white angel the right is trying to portray her as. She's got skeletons in her closet just like we all do. She's not the Jeanne d'Arc of the political world. I've said all along what concerns me about SP is her record of intolerance and her association with bigots like Pat Buchanan and moonbat organizations like the AIP.

SoonerBorn68
9/3/2008, 03:52 PM
Double standard again! Palin's consorts with a "known bigot" in Pat Buchanan but Obama's relationship with Jeremy Wright doesn't phase you?

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 03:54 PM
Double standard again! Palin's consorts with a "known bigot" in Pat Buchanan but Obama's relationship with Jeremy Wright doesn't phase you?

I didn't say that. Although I think Jeremiah Wright is no dummy.

I see Obama as the lesser of two evils. Sue me.

SoonerBorn68
9/3/2008, 03:56 PM
RUS! I gotta case for ya! :D

achiro
9/3/2008, 03:59 PM
I see Obama as the lesser of two evils.
I find this hard to believe with you being the first to jump in front of the train for anything someone says remotely negative towards messiah Obama. Picking between the lesser of two evils generally leads to a much more apathetic attitude.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 04:04 PM
I find this hard to believe with you being the first to jump in front of the train for anything someone says remotely negative towards messiah Obama. Picking between the lesser of two evils generally leads to a much more apathetic attitude.

I tire of the bull****. How often is Obama's policy called into play around here instead of things like him giving money to a Christian Killer?

OklahomaTuba
9/3/2008, 04:09 PM
I'm sure JM has no problem with Obama being friends and supported by a terrorist Bill Ayers.

With friends like these, its no wonder The One is so beloved by the left.

SoonerBorn68
9/3/2008, 04:11 PM
I hope you know Johnny every time I call him the anti christ or a muslim I'm just messing with you. Hence the ;). I know it drives you & the others nuts & it's meant to.

I really think Obama is bad for America. His voting record in the Senate tells me he's nothing but the same ol' same ol' Democrat but the difference is he's got a liberal Congress to work with for two years & will have at least 2 SCOTUS appointments during an 8 year term. It will take a generation to undo all the damage he could potentially do.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2008, 04:11 PM
I tire of the bull****. How often is Obama's policy called into play around here instead of things like him giving money to a Christian Killer?

Almost never, and you know I totally 100% agree with that point. To be fair though, Obama hasn't offered too many specifics....

achiro
9/3/2008, 04:15 PM

Double standard again!
How many comments have you made in the last 4-5 days regarding Palin that had nothing to do with policy?
I am more than happy to talk policy with you just not sure you know how. ;)

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 04:18 PM
I've said over and over again that her policy towards abortion, gay rights and drilling don't jive with me. And I pointed out that she knows how to get earmarks just like every other politician.

Ike
9/3/2008, 04:21 PM
Almost never, and you know I totally 100% agree with that point. To be fair though, Obama hasn't offered too many specifics....

Except for the areas that I care most about...

When it comes to science policy, and how science can inform policy Obama has offered far more specifics than I really expected him to. JSM has offered a few (and strangely the details he has offered have mirrored, almost exactly, some of that Obama has offered...), but Obama has gone much much farther in clairfying his position.

In fact, given some of the bleak outlooks that science faces today, I have absolutely no idea (because he has not offered anything at all) as to how JSM plans to address the issues facing science, while BHO has made very clear what he plans to do...

achiro
9/3/2008, 04:30 PM
I've said over and over again that her policy towards abortion, gay rights and drilling don't jive with me. And I pointed out that she knows how to get earmarks just like every other politician.
On abortion and gay rights, fine everyone has an opinion.
On drilling, fine, my opinion is that you are clueless if you don't think we should drill now and work on alternatives in the mean time but again, your opinion.
The earmark deal is one of those little talking point things that you picked up from some lib site that doesn't tell the whole story. First of all, she was a mayor at the time, se did what she needed to do within the system to help her city the bet way she could. I admire that. I can't claim to have ever been to Wasilla but here's from a friend that lives there:

Okay, just so it is understood, calling Wasilla a city with a population of 9000 is to ignore the population of the area. I don't really know the population within the city limits, but the area has a population of around 80,000 right now and growing. Part of the area is the third fastest growing in the country. Wasilla provides support, services, infrastructure and shopping for the rest. It is located 35 miles from Anchorage also serves as a bedroom community for the workforce in Anchorage. There is over 1,000,000 sq. ft. of new retail space under development to support the area. It is a growing vital hub for this area.

Also, have you really looked at her actual record in Alaska? Seriously, I can't imagine that you wouldn't get excited seeing the way she turned the government inside out. AND the tax rebates she enacted to the citizens, her thing is, it's their money not the states.

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 04:37 PM
On abortion and gay rights, fine everyone has an opinion.
On drilling, fine, my opinion is that you are clueless if you don't think we should drill now and work on alternatives in the mean time but again, your opinion.
The earmark deal is one of those little talking point things that you picked up from some lib site that doesn't tell the whole story. First of all, she was a mayor at the time, se did what she needed to do within the system to help her city the bet way she could. I admire that. I can't claim to have ever been to Wasilla but here's from a friend that lives there:

Also, have you really looked at her actual record in Alaska? Seriously, I can't imagine that you wouldn't get excited seeing the way she turned the government inside out. AND the tax rebates she enacted to the citizens, her thing is, it's their money not the states.
Now, that wasn't too hard, was it? It is possible to make an argument in favor of somebody without invoking the Obama is a Christian killer card.

shaun4411
9/3/2008, 04:50 PM
I didn't say that. Although I think Jeremiah Wright is no dummy.

I see Obama as the lesser of two evils. Sue me.

wright is just one of many. how about one of his closest friends, the man from whom he started his initial senatorial campaign...he was indicted on like half a dozen felonies

C&CDean
9/3/2008, 04:51 PM
I've stated all the reasons why I dislike Brack. Each and every one of them has been minimalized by lefties as "right wing paranoia." So be it. I'll just head back to my bunker and stock up on grenades and ammo.

What I'm still waiting for is somebody to tell me why they like the guy. And if the words "hope" or "change" as included, I will personally rip your anus out with a hay hook for being so stupid. The guy is a no-substance schmo. Plain and simple. Why in the hell else would the libs love him?

Ike explained why he like the big O (in legitimate terms), but nobody else has. Of course I think Ike is full of ****, but that's another argument for another day...

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 04:52 PM
The earmark deal is one of those little talking point things that you picked up from some lib site that doesn't tell the whole story. First of all, she was a mayor at the time, se did what she needed to do within the system to help her city the bet way she could. I admire that.

I don't begrudge her for taking advantage of the system the way it is. What I find interesting is that she's consistently taken huge chunks of these earmarks (Alaska has led the nation in per capita earmark distribution for a while) and is now being trumpeted as a beacon of change. She's taken all this money from a system McCain has consistently railed against and we're not supposed to notice? I didn't get wind of this from a lib site, rather CBS news. A tad more credible I imagine than the right wing blogs you pulled your Obama is a Christian killer crap.

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 04:54 PM
I've stated all the reasons why I dislike Brack. Each and every one of them has been minimalized by lefties as "right wing paranoia." So be it. I'll just head back to my bunker and stock up on grenades and ammo.

What I'm still waiting for is somebody to tell me why they like the guy. And if the words "hope" or "change" as included, I will personally rip your anus out with a hay hook for being so stupid. The guy is a no-substance schmo. Plain and simple. Why in the hell else would the libs love him?

Ike explained why he like the big O (in legitimate terms), but nobody else has. Of course I think Ike is full of ****, but that's another argument for another day...

What he said........

achiro
9/3/2008, 05:04 PM
Now, that wasn't too hard, was it? It is possible to make an argument in favor of somebody without invoking the Obama is a Christian killer card.

Seriously, you are barking up the wrong tree on that one. I am a policy guy. I started this thread because I found it odd that he was in Kenya. I asked if anyone had ay FACTS on the subject becasue most of what I had found was off the end but whatever.

achiro
9/3/2008, 05:15 PM
I don't begrudge her for taking advantage of the system the way it is. What I find interesting is that she's consistently taken huge chunks of these earmarks (Alaska has led the nation in per capita earmark distribution for a while) and is now being trumpeted as a beacon of change. She's taken all this money from a system McCain has consistently railed against and we're not supposed to notice? I didn't get wind of this from a lib site, rather CBS news. A tad more credible I imagine than the right wing blogs you pulled your Obama is a Christian killer crap.

First of all, I NEVER said anything about Obama being a christian killer and its rediculous to say I did but whatever.

Now back to the earmarks. I already explained that. Look up her record of "change" you might actually like it.

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 05:20 PM
What I'm still waiting for is somebody to tell me why they like the guy. And if the words "hope" or "change" as included, I will personally rip your anus out with a hay hook for being so stupid.
I am voting for him becuase he's black.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2008, 07:43 PM
I really think Obama is bad for America. His voting record in the Senate tells me he's nothing but the same ol' same ol' Democrat but the difference is he's got a liberal Congress to work with for two years & will have at least 2 SCOTUS appointments during an 8 year term. It will take a generation to undo all the damage he could potentially do.

Um, President is a 4 year term. If he gets elected and you don't like him, vote him out after 4. That's what the country did with George Bush 1.0.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 08:11 PM

Really just to **** you off more than anything.

Rogue
9/3/2008, 09:44 PM
blah blah blah

What I'm still waiting for is somebody to tell me why they like the guy.

blah blah blah

-Pay as you go fiscal responsibility.

-We should have fought the terr'ists in Afghanistan where they were at the time, not Iraq where they weren't.

-He's much more environmentally sound.

-He is the guy that did NOT vote with GWB 90% of the time.

-I'm for universal healthcare.

-Like McCain, he's been a good supporter of veterans' benefits and healthcare.

All that said, there are lots of reasons I like McCain too, most of them are aren't policy though. I like his maverickness, I like that he hasn't been a party lapdog except for the last 8 years, he's a genuine American hero and a vet (we need more vets in office IMO), he's been a great advocate for POWs with the Phoenix VA Regional Office.

Bearcat Penguin
9/3/2008, 10:30 PM
I wanted to go with her!

In your dreams, buddy.

SoonerBorn68
9/3/2008, 10:41 PM
Um, President is a 4 year term. If he gets elected and you don't like him, vote him out after 4. That's what the country did with George Bush 1.0.

Um, no **** sherlock. I'm doing my best but you Obama sheep keep drooling out of the sides of your mouths chanting, "change, change, change."