PDA

View Full Version : Beamer pulls 180*, won't redshirt Taylor after all.....

Salt City Sooner
9/2/2008, 03:20 PM
Anybody say panic button?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3565596

silverwheels
9/2/2008, 03:28 PM
Well, when you lose all of your receiving threats from last year, plus your top running backs, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start a QB that is incredibly inaccurate and can't run. At least Taylor can run.

Paperclip
9/2/2008, 03:30 PM
Had to be done.

royalfan5
9/2/2008, 03:38 PM
I was hoping they wouldn't panic until right before the NU game. Now Taylor has three games to get going before NU.

85sooners
9/2/2008, 05:54 PM
beamer ball lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUstud
9/2/2008, 06:32 PM
beamer ball lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's probably the biggest myth in college football now. Seems like they always lose their games on ST mistakes...plus they haven't had a good QB since Vick right?

birddog
9/2/2008, 07:13 PM
"I'm very hopeful Sean will have an NFL career," Beamer said. "That tells you what we think about him and his talents."

heh.

SoonerDood
9/2/2008, 07:35 PM
Beamer is up there with Tommy Bowden and Fat Phil as perennially overrated.

BudSooner
9/2/2008, 07:40 PM
Well that didn't take long, at the very least it gives him...oh hell nevermind.
They are doomed.

Salt City Sooner
9/2/2008, 10:11 PM
That's probably the biggest myth in college football now. Seems like they always lose their games on ST mistakes...plus they haven't had a good QB since Vick right?
Bryan Randall was a very good post-Vick Tech QB. Other than that, they haven't had much. Marcus Vick definitely showed some glimpses of talent at that spot, but he ended up getting the boot.

VA Sooner
9/2/2008, 10:19 PM
The Hokie nation is in mourning all weekend. Young, inexperienced receivers and a QB that can't throw and can't move and the worst thing of all... thinks he's better than he really is.

Take the redshirt off of Taylor and work with the kid and build the player for the next few years. This is the rebuilding year... let Glennon go. He's got no chance of going to the next level.

And work on that offensive line... it's a sieve. Pirates were walking past the line all day long.

One bright spot... they have a very capable running back in Kenny Lewis.

ouwasp
9/2/2008, 11:43 PM
I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised to see VT outta the mnc hunt so early. Now I can actually hope they win here or there.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2008, 08:16 AM
Its amazing what the loss to a team you shouldn't lose to will do to the quarterback situation

badger
9/3/2008, 08:48 AM
Every program has rebuilding years. Knowing this fact doesn't make it any easier when it's your team's turn to rebuild.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 09:16 AM
Beamer is a jerk...can't stick to a plan. His team will still suck this year, and he will lose a year of eligibility on the QB.

badger
9/3/2008, 12:27 PM
Some programs can cope with rebuilding years better than others. Our rebuilding year was 2005. According to the OU presser book that they release every year (which can't be completely relied upon, because they said we won the 2000 Big 12 championship 27-27) our attendance average went down a few hundred... but, hehe, their graphic has a larger bar than the year before, despite the attendance figure going down. Yay, press book, where we put positive shpins on everything! :D

...so, how do you put a positive shpin on losing to East Carolina?

VA Sooner
9/3/2008, 04:37 PM
I can see a positive spin if East Carolina routs West Virginia (dream come true)... then VT will have some comfort in knowing that ECU was actually a decent team. The defense was very good... but this was the price to pay for 2-3 years of rebuilding and finally having a team of very experienced players.

I've watched Glennon have good games and bad games... he's a mediocre quarterback at best. I can see two ways to look at it:

Accept that this is a re-building year and get the receivers more experience and let the defense develop. The offensive line has had more than enough time last year... it's time to start gelling together with their QB.

OR... try to salvage this year by losing the eligibility on Tyrod and come up with a bowl game this year. The ACC is looking pretty weak this year with Clemson going down in flames on national TV with what was supposed to be a veteran team against 10 freshmen/redshirt-freshmen on Alabama's team.

Beamer's got a tough choice... Bud Foster is going to kick some Hokie butt this week... Furman will be a tune-up for the "revised" team before conference play.

Rebuilding is never fun... I like what Stoops and company are doing this year... making sure we have good depth and that the depth has experience as well to make sure we get through the season in good steed and taking into account injuries as the year progresses.

By the way... anyone catch that third-string QB for UCLA on Monday night?

badger
9/3/2008, 04:46 PM
By the way... anyone catch that third-string QB for UCLA on Monday night?
NP put it best Monday night - "Dude's getting laid tonight." Cut to some LA chicks cheering in UCLA blue and gold :D