PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Tailgate Particulars

C&CDean
9/2/2008, 03:12 PM
This week's tailgate will pretty much go as follows:

-Tailgate festivities will begin somewhere around 11 - 11:30ish.

-Menu is chicken. We'll have fried chicken, chicken strips, and wings with dips and sauces. There'll be slaw, tater salad, black-eyed peas, and pasta salad.

-Since the game is at 2:30, there will most likely be a continuation of the festivities after the game for a while until traffic clears out.

-Besides the usual domestic beers, we will feature 6-point Newcastle, Pacifico, Corona, Rolling Rock, and other beers upon request.

-We'll have the mini help-yourself-bar as well. Feel free to bring a bottle of your favorite poison to share, or let me know what you like and I'll see if we've got it.

Please feel free to bring other dishes/desserts that go with this menu (or even if they don't go with this menu). Last week Mrs. Stoop Troup brought some killer guacamole and salsa. Thanks to her for the excellent grub.

This weekends games should be a lot better than last weekends, so some excellent football should be found on the HD flat screen at the tailgate as well.

Hope to see everybody there.

NormanPride
9/2/2008, 03:27 PM
doleo, that Pacifico was awesome. I can't believe I hadn't tried it before. And kudos to Mrs. ST! The guac was the bomb. Will there be fresh tomaters again, Dean?

Are there going to be people there with tickets? Baj and I will be scrounging around for some, and I would prefer to line SF.com posters' pockets rather than some random db. :)

C&CDean
9/2/2008, 03:36 PM
There's always somebody there with extra tickets. And yes, Mrs. Stoop Troup's guacamole and pico were indeed the bomb.

Momma canned a ****load of tomatoes last night, but there should be some fresh ones this week that we'll bring. You just can't beat those jet stars.

NormanPride
9/2/2008, 03:50 PM
Awesome. baj's love for tomatoes sometimes makes me jealous. :D

soonermagicgirl
9/2/2008, 10:35 PM
We will be there around 11 or so to help set up.

Hey Dean we are bringing 2 industrial size cases of trashbags (about 200 in each case) and industrial papertowels (8 huge rolls each box) to use for future tailgates. That should cover us for the rest of the season. LOL

Oh yeah..Don't forget the salt and limes for the coronas!

badger
9/3/2008, 12:52 PM
Awesome. baj's love for tomatoes sometimes makes me jealous. :D

It can only rival my jealousy for your love of video games :mad:

;)

CK Sooner
9/3/2008, 07:24 PM
We will be there around 11 or so to help set up.

Hey Dean we are bringing 2 industrial size cases of trashbags (about 200 in each case) and industrial papertowels (8 huge rolls each box) to use for future tailgates. That should cover us for the rest of the season. LOL

Oh yeah..Don't forget the salt and limes for the coronas!

I agree :D

setem
9/3/2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds good!

Last TG was fantastical!

I was glad to help get the TV in the trailer and out of the wetness before anything bad happened! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/smilies/tmnt.gif

soonermagicgirl
9/3/2008, 09:56 PM
This week's tailgate will pretty much go as follows:

-Tailgate festivities will begin somewhere around 11 - 11:30ish.

-Menu is chicken. We'll have fried chicken, chicken strips, and wings with dips and sauces. There'll be slaw, tater salad, black-eyed peas, and pasta salad.

-Since the game is at 2:30, there will most likely be a continuation of the festivities after the game for a while until traffic clears out.

-Besides the usual domestic beers, we will feature 6-point Newcastle, Pacifico, Corona, Rolling Rock, and other beers upon request.

-We'll have the mini help-yourself-bar as well. Feel free to bring a bottle of your favorite poison to share, or let me know what you like and I'll see if we've got it.

Please feel free to bring other dishes/desserts that go with this menu (or even if they don't go with this menu). Last week Mrs. Stoop Troup brought some killer guacamole and salsa. Thanks to her for the excellent grub.

This weekends games should be a lot better than last weekends, so some excellent football should be found on the HD flat screen at the tailgate as well.

Hope to see everybody there.

ummm...The best tater salad I ever ate was at the tailgate..Haven't had any like it since... Can't wait!!

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 07:15 AM
ummm...The best tater salad I ever ate was at the tailgate..Haven't had any like it since... Can't wait!!

Walt's tater salad? IN!

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 10:13 AM
Walt is without a doubt, the tater salad king.

We picked up fresh limes last night. We also picked up the following at the likker store (in addition to the regular domestic beers):

Newcastle Ale, Pacifico, Tecate, Modelo Blanca & Modelo Negra, Corona, and some booze.

If anybody wants to bring any kind of desserty dish, that'd be helpful. If anybody wants to bring any dish, that'd be helpful too.

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 10:44 AM
Walt is without a doubt, the tater salad king.

We picked up fresh limes last night. We also picked up the following at the likker store (in addition to the regular domestic beers):

Newcastle Ale, Pacifico, Tecate, Modelo Blanca & Modelo Negra, Corona, and some booze.

If anybody wants to bring any kind of desserty dish, that'd be helpful. If anybody wants to bring any dish, that'd be helpful too.

but is it? Walt's tater salad? I really really really really really really really want that recipe.

soonerbrat
9/4/2008, 12:37 PM
tatatoes, aigs, mayo, salt and I think something something from the late 60s or early 70s ;)

there are 5 ingredients. 5. what's the other one?

NormanPride
9/4/2008, 01:42 PM
Beer?

C&CDean
9/4/2008, 02:15 PM
Schmeg.

soonermagicgirl
9/4/2008, 08:33 PM
there are 5 ingredients. 5. what's the other one?

I need to get that receipe as well. I would love to learn how to make his famous tater salad.

Let me know when we have mexican and I can make some of my homemade salsa. I'll make two kinds HOT and HOTTER...LOL

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/5/2008, 08:55 AM
tatatoes, aigs, mayo, salt and I think something something from the late 60s or early 70s ;)crack? No, that's the brownies.

soonerbrat
9/5/2008, 09:11 AM
Schmeg.

sick

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 09:32 AM
You asked.

soonerbrat
9/5/2008, 09:41 AM
well how do i get that to put in my potato salad when I make it?

C&CDean
9/5/2008, 09:47 AM
Call Walt.

Flagstaffsooner
9/5/2008, 03:53 PM
I hear WKRP is going to bomb you guys with turkeys.