PDA

View Full Version : John Williams Hanging it Up

KingDavid
9/1/2008, 10:21 PM
My understanding is that John Williams decided to hang it up after not winning any playing time through the fall camp. Any other news here?

Good luck to you, JW!

Rogue
9/1/2008, 10:26 PM
The 7th year guy?

Rhino
9/1/2008, 10:29 PM
Sixth year. Word is he really never recovered from the torn achilles, fell behind and got discouraged.

Too bad. Kid had a wealth of talent, just couldn't stay healthy.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 10:31 PM
Rotten dealio when injuries plague a career like this. I can only imagine how much it must suck.

Sooner Eclipse
9/1/2008, 10:36 PM
Too bad. The guy was so full of potential. He was having a great year in 05 until he got hurt. I was so looking forward to following him that year. He was one of the bright spots coming out of fall camp.

Good luck to John in in the future. Thanks for being a Sooner.

(Note to 04- dont neg me, ya wuss, I know he got hurt in the first game, but the year includes spring, summer and fall camps as well)

adoniijahsooner
9/1/2008, 10:38 PM
Dont feel to bad for him, because the guy still recieved a free education, andcan still make a good life for himself. I always try to look at college sports from that perspective, instead of thinking everyone will make it to the league. I do feel bad for him, because of the work he put in to try to return.

Rogue
9/1/2008, 11:00 PM
Man, when he was healthy he was a beast on the line.
Too bad. Good luck, kid.

OKC-SLC
9/1/2008, 11:06 PM
That really is unfortunate.

Thanks for being a Sooner.

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:55 PM
Good Luck Young Man. Thanks for your best effort.Glad we As Fans and School could help you along In life .:)

Widescreen
9/2/2008, 12:21 AM
I feel bad for him. Jason White could come back (to an extent) from that kind of injury because he wasn't getting pounded on by 300lb linemen every play. Once a lineman's knees start to go, it's pretty tough to make a recovery good enough to compete at the highest levels.

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 02:12 AM
When I hear the name Jason I get teary eyed... What is Jason doing now?

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2008, 03:26 AM
Very sad from such a talented kid. I hope he does well n life.