PDA

View Full Version : Question for you grocery store shoppers

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2008, 09:23 PM
When u pick something up and decide a couple of aisles over that u don't really want it, would it be that hard to put it back where you got it? My chip rack isn't the dumping grounds for all the crap you decide not to buy, especially ****ing meat products :mad: Now get back to your arguing over politics and keep the crap off my aisle

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 09:25 PM
When u pick something up and decide a couple of aisles over that u don't really want it, would it be that hard to put it back where you got it? My chip rack isn't the dumping grounds for all the crap you decide not to buy, especially ****ing meat products :mad: Now get back to your arguing over politics and keep the crap off my aisle

You do know that it's most likely democrats doing that right? I mean they're so thoughtless towards the working people. :P

royalfan5
9/1/2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think you are really asking a question with this rant. On a personal basis, I don't put anything into the cart unless I am damn sure I want it.

SoonerStormchaser
9/1/2008, 09:34 PM
Oiler, that was my big beef for three years of working at Albertsons here in Norman before I ran off and became an ossifer.

VeeJay
9/1/2008, 09:36 PM
It's not unusual to find a four pack of 1" ribeyes stuffed behind the laundry detergents. We used to call this "Meat Department shrink."

They didn't get $10.49 per pound for it ($5.99 in my day), but it did get ground up in your Ground Round.

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2008, 09:50 PM
Oiler, that was my big beef for three years of working at Albertsons here in Norman before I ran off and became an ossifer.

I've been at this almost 20 years, but it's only the last couple of years that it's become a huge problem and an everyday occurence when i go to service my Homeland store; it's not that big of a problem at my Wal-Mart because it's not a Supercenter.

BudSooner
9/1/2008, 10:30 PM
It's not unusual to find a four pack of 1" ribeyes stuffed behind the laundry detergents. We used to call this "Meat Department shrink."

They didn't get $10.49 per pound for it ($5.99 in my day), but it did get ground up in your Ground Round.

Heh, we used to grind up beef hearts and call it ground round...it only cost us like .68 cents a pound versus the 1.78 for the good stuff.

I've been at this almost 20 years, but it's only the last couple of years that it's become a huge problem and an everyday occurence when i go to service my Homeland store; it's not that big of a problem at my Wal-Mart because it's not a Supercenter.

Who do ya work for Frito Lay? We used to find steaks, roast and stuff on the chip aisle all the time and it pissed me off because by the time we caught it, it was too far gone to do anything with.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 10:35 PM
You do know that it's most likely democrats doing that right? I mean they're so thoughtless towards the working people. :P

I didn't realize this was such a problem, I now wish to take back my poking fun at my donk friends, and just say that people that do this, donk or pub, suck.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/1/2008, 11:52 PM
One of my former math major students used to work for frito lay in california. So Frito Lay used to throw away those cardboard boxes the chips came in. They decided to re-use them. But it was a operations research problem to figure out where the boxes would be sent. (e.g., 100 supply points with 10 demand points...which supply goes to which demand to minimize cost)

So my student did the initial OR solution.

85Sooner
9/2/2008, 07:02 AM
Always put it back and always say something to anyone I see not doing the same.If they don't I will take it to checkout, the sackers will make sure it gets back

Harry Beanbag
9/2/2008, 07:07 AM
Who do ya work for Frito Lay? We used to find steaks, roast and stuff on the chip aisle all the time and it pissed me off because by the time we caught it, it was too far gone to do anything with.

Can't they just slap a Manager's Special sticker on it and put it back in the meat freezer? ;)

olevetonahill
9/2/2008, 07:11 AM
dude sounds like you got 2 Tater chip racks to take care of ?
If some one dumps off on you just move that carp over to the other dudes Taterchip rack .
Sheesh how hard can it be? :confused:

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2008, 06:49 PM
Heh, we used to grind up beef hearts and call it ground round...it only cost us like .68 cents a pound versus the 1.78 for the good stuff.

Yup

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2008, 06:54 PM
dude sounds like you got 2 Tater chip racks to take care of ?
If some one dumps off on you just move that carp over to the other dudes Taterchip rack .
Sheesh how hard can it be? :confused:

If it's meat products and i don't catch it soon enough, it can make quite a mess on MY products and guess who get's to waste their time cleaning it up? All i'm asking is for some common sense and a lot less laziness.

VeeJay
9/2/2008, 07:02 PM
When I was managing a grocery store, someone brought to my attention a rather robust lady with a long dress in line at the checkout. There was blood dripping from underneath her dress. Of course, the first thought was "Uh oh, she needs some of those things from the feminine aisle."

Heh. Turns out she was trying to shoplift a whole ribeye that was - I swear to God attached to her leg with big elastic straps. We got our meat back but I don't know what they done with it.

StormySooner-IN
9/2/2008, 07:10 PM
Heh. I just got my first job a month ago and its at Marsh....local grocery store(s that are across Indiana).
Sometimes I get to take items back to where they belong after people decide they didnt want them (and brought them up to the checkout area).

Yea, if ya dont want it....just take it to the checkout lane and we'll get it for ya ;)

SoonerInKCMO
9/2/2008, 07:26 PM
When I was managing a grocery store, someone brought to my attention a rather robust lady with a long dress in line at the checkout. There was blood dripping from underneath her dress. Of course, the first thought was "Uh oh, she needs some of those things from the feminine aisle."

Heh. Turns out she was trying to shoplift a whole ribeye that was - I swear to God attached to her leg with big elastic straps. We got our meat back but I don't know what they done with it.

My dad used to tell a story about a woman he caught shoplifting ice cream in the same way. But instead of calling the cops, he just kept her at the front of the store talking to her until the goods all ran down her leg. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/2/2008, 07:30 PM
Thats why I do all my shopping at the frito lay shelves..its all in one convenient spot

BudSooner
9/2/2008, 07:34 PM
If it's meat products and i don't catch it soon enough, it can make quite a mess on MY products and guess who get's to waste their time cleaning it up? All i'm asking is for some common sense and a lot less laziness.

Heh, I used to be a market manager for the Homeland in Bixby years ago and we had a problem with birds getting thru the front doors and homesteading around the place.
Well my store manager got pissed and brought his bb gun to work and handed it to me to off the feathered bastards(they enjoyed pecking holes in the meat and taking a **** on the rest of it)so I moseyed(ah yeah)over, found a chip rack to lean against....held my breath and let loose on one of the sob's.
I missed him, busted a light and watched as the shards found its way onto the produce rack below.

I was never allowed to play Wyatt Earp again. :(

Fwiw, I can't remember what was used to get rid of them either, don't try mouse traps....thats pure comedy watching a bird flying around with the trap stuck to it's feet. :D

StoopTroup
9/2/2008, 08:09 PM
I've had people steal my cart before I put something in it.

I don't make a scene either...

I go get a bunch of condoms and KY and wait until they aren't looking and slip them in under all the stuff they've piled up.

Then I hang out and wait for them to checkout.

Blue
9/3/2008, 01:33 AM
Quit playing that game of PRODUCT PLACEMENT and I won't throw them cookies on the chip coke aisle anymore. Give me a break, Mr. Supermarket manager.