PDA

View Full Version : Low key Sooner bar in Phx - interest?

AZOUFan
9/1/2008, 03:24 PM
I know that some folks have gotten the Tilted Kilt to show Sooner games during the season and that is most definitely appreciated. My friend just purchased a bar however in Paradise Valley and is looking to push some major sports action. Well, I say major but what I should say is more local neighborhood low key action. It's a small place, dartboards, 4-5 TV's, etc. Get your beer from the owner, not a gal in a skirt, you get the drift. Anyone interested in meeting up in a place like that during the course of the year?

He's a WSU grad and a big CFB fan, so that's going to be a major theme for the bar. It's open and under the new ownership, and I figured I'd at least like to try to get some action going there as well. It's a big town and people have different tastes. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post the details. He's got the Direct TV / Sunday Ticket / Gameplan / every football game ever televised package (clearly I don't know the exact details) so every game is an option. Let me know what you think!

Sean

aj44mc
9/1/2008, 09:24 PM
Cross Streets? I am definitely interested.

AZSOONER
9/2/2008, 01:05 AM
The Kilt owner is an OU alumn, with plenty of t.v's, and 8 outta 10 of them had the game on, with the sound. Why leave a good thing?

Crucifax Autumn
9/2/2008, 03:33 AM
Yeah..How about a vegas club!

Harry Beanbag
9/2/2008, 07:19 AM
The Kilt owner is an OU alumn, with plenty of t.v's, and 8 outta 10 of them had the game on, with the sound, and boobies everywhere. Why leave a good thing?

Fixed. :)

auto
9/2/2008, 07:33 AM
Fixed. :)

agree with that.:D

swardboy
9/2/2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry, the title of the thread reminded me of the lyrics "third rate romance - low rent rendevouz".....

Outopia
9/2/2008, 08:34 AM
I always liked the billboards around town for the "Tilted Kilt" with all the clevage. Nice signage.

olevetonahill
9/2/2008, 08:52 AM
Cut the boy some slack
Low key do mean Hes gonna have Boobies right ?

aj44mc
9/2/2008, 09:10 AM
I will have to check it out. I have only been to the Kilt in Tempe.

The Maestro
9/2/2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah, no offense, but a Wazzu owner vs. OU owner, audio and large T.V.'s everywhere, the girls, good selection of brew and Tempe vs. Paradise Valley make this a no-brainer for me. Guess I will be back there this week since I assume the Oregon State-Penn State game will be on ABC locally due to a Pac 10 team on at the same time as OU.

Good luck with the Wazzu guy bar thing, though. That didn't sell the steak or the sizzle.

AZOUFan
9/2/2008, 11:18 AM
Relax guys, he's a friend of mine. Like I said, thanks a ton for the previous work on this, not trying to offend anyone here. You are more than welcome to hang out at the Kilt and feel special for an afternoon pretending that the waitress is really interested in you and not a tip. :D

This thread is for people who are interested in a different atmosphere than that, not better or worse, just different.