PDA

View Full Version : No pantsuit...

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 08:32 AM
none needed.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8816/captcpsnln8101090811062wo5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 08:38 AM
She makes McCain look Vice-Presidential IMO.

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 08:42 AM
She makes McCain look Vice-Presidential IMO.

Better gams, that's for sure.;)

OKC-SLC
9/1/2008, 09:02 AM
heh.

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 09:16 AM
You won't want to read the responses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdbBTOWorEY

WdbBTOWorEY

Delegates from around the country are gathering in St. Paul to nominate Senator John McCain as the Republican candidate for president. Though the Convention will take a muted tone in the face of Hurricane Gustav, there will still be lots of action in St. Paul.

This video features entries to the RNCC/YouTube's "Why are you a Republican in 2008?" contest. Thank you to everyone who submitted, especially the following users whose submissions are included in this video:

mburn16, RickyCTheAmerican, Skypexic, mattgee24, obamatwo, RandallMRueff, Americanpat, ThePoliticalJunkie, cadborasaurus, agent021, theteenconservative, inmanwoman1, jewskater112, machosauceproduction, sfperez32, tpritts600, 40daysplus, SaveWestiesKMS, laurenjeziorski, dandogg4, brendab70, ManofRepublics, TurnwrightGallery, sally82935, FXwakeboard, itstartedatZero, lilcali25, MmmMetamucil, johnabbottnet, tus4321, Alex93a, RJGator714, theconservativetruth, BrennaHope17, CaitlynRZ, trudyreads, murphyinthemornin, abbyalger, jakeryan16candles, and sallyraea

The winner, as voted on by the YouTube community, is also at the Convention, documenting his experience:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimaste...

Be sure to stay tuned all week long to YouTube's Convention headquarters for behind-the-scenes footage, personal interviews with party leaders, and delegate uploads straight from St. Paul. It's the most footage you'll see of the Convention anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/2008conventions

If YOU have a Convention-related video, make sure to tag it "2008conventions" so we can find it and feature it on the channel.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 09:29 AM
:rolleyes:

When you have zero substance you have to have something to fall back on I suppose.

King Crimson
9/1/2008, 09:33 AM

When you have zero substance you have to have something to fall back on I suppose.

don't forget, there's always empty but emotional platitudes and blind, repetitive incantations of words like "freedom" and "patriotism" to the point in which they don't really refer to anything tangible or specific in the world.

jeremy885
9/1/2008, 09:35 AM
don't forget, there's always empty but emotional platitudes and blind, repetitive incantations of words like "hope" and "change".

couldn't agree more.

King Crimson
9/1/2008, 09:36 AM
couldn't agree more.

good point, i agree there too.

frankensooner
9/1/2008, 09:39 AM
Looks to me like she needs to do some calf-lifts. Kinda skinnyish.

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 10:01 AM
All I know for sure is the "Change" candidate was denied his expected 15 point post-convention bump by the introduction of Sarah Palin to the presidential politics scene.

we'll see how it all turns out, but my money's on the Maverick and the Gov.

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 10:18 AM
All I know for sure is the "Change" candidate was denied his expected 15 point post-convention bump by the introduction of Sarah Palin to the presidential politics scene.

That was countered by God and Hurricane Gustave.

Just saw where GW is on the way to save the day. :D

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44178000/jpg/_44178396_bush_ap.jpg

He is so Mary Poppins. :D

BillyBall
9/1/2008, 11:06 AM

Tom Cruise and Arnold Schwarzenegger? ;)

Hot Rod
9/1/2008, 11:25 AM
I think he means Mel Gibson.

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2008, 11:36 AM

You mean the 15 points the McCain camp was blathering about.

Nobody in the Obama campaign expected that.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 11:46 AM
clearly Palin has raised her children in a morally upstanding way. I hope she continues to pass these virtues on to the rest of the nation if they win.

achiro
9/1/2008, 11:48 AM
You mean the 15 points the McCain camp was blathering about.

Nobody in the Obama campaign expected that.

I saw an Obama campaign higher up that said something to the extent, "you never know but we wouldn't be surprised by a 15 to 20 point bump once more Americans are exposed to the awesomeness that is messiah Obama."

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2008, 11:55 AM
Which is completely different than "expecting" a 15 point bump.

achiro
9/1/2008, 11:57 AM
clearly Palin has raised her children in a morally upstanding way. I hope she continues to pass these virtues on to the rest of the nation if they win.

OMFG!:rolleyes:

achiro
9/1/2008, 11:58 AM
Which is completely different than "expecting" a 15 point bump.

whatever. go argue with a brick wall.

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2008, 12:04 PM
whatever. go argue with a brick wall.

A brick wall knows the difference between "wouldn't be surprised by" and "expecting."

achiro
9/1/2008, 12:10 PM
A brick wall knows the difference between "wouldn't be surprised by" and "expecting."

thats not the point and you know it but you keep ignoring the fact that the dim campaign got no bump from the vp pick, which is "normal" and "expected" and the small bump they did get from the DNC was gone within 2 days. Lets argue verbage instead, it's a LOT more fun.:rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2008, 12:13 PM
The point is that the Democrats got a large swing in both Gallup and Rassmussen from the convention, and that the only people I ever heard talking about a 15 point bump were McCain people. However, that doesn't stop McCain people from claiming that Democrats are somehow disappointed with the reaction to the convention.

achiro
9/1/2008, 01:15 PM
The point is that the Democrats got a large swing in both Gallup and Rassmussen from the convention, and that the only people I ever heard talking about a 15 point bump were McCain people. However, that doesn't stop McCain people from claiming that Democrats are somehow disappointed with the reaction to the convention.

No, my point is that I saw someone from Obama's camp talking about a bump before the convention so it wasn't just the McCain camp talking about it, told you about it and instead of you just saying ok or whatever, you felt the need to make yourself right by working the words angle.

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 01:19 PM
No, my point is that I saw someone from Obama's camp talking about a bump before the convention so it wasn't just the McCain camp talking about it, told you about it and instead of you just saying ok or whatever, you felt the need to make yourself right by working the words angle.

Achiro, you and I don't see eye to eye on much, but you are dead-on here. I think everyone on both sides of the aisle pretty much expected the DNC to be a coronation and an acceptance speech for the ages. It wasn't and the race is still dead-locked.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 01:24 PM
Achiro, you and I don't see eye to eye on much, but you are dead-on here. I think everyone on both sides of the aisle pretty much expected the DNC to be a coronation and an acceptance speech for the ages. It wasn't and the race is still dead-locked.

I think some part of the lack of a "bump" is that the people that are going to like Obama already liked Obama going into the convention. I guess you could say I wonder if he hasn't already largely maxed out his support.

...just a thought...

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 01:28 PM
I think some part of the lack of a "bump" is that the people that are going to like Obama already liked Obama going into the convention. I guess you could say I wonder if he hasn't already largely maxed out his support.

...just a thought...

I think a lot of the people who "like" BHO are supporting him for very personal reasons they are unable or unwilling to articulate. Its fun to listen to these people in various "man on the street" interviews when asked which of his policies they like the best. <crickets>

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 01:31 PM
I think a lot of the people who "like" BHO are supporting him for very personal reasons they are unable or unwilling to articulate. Its fun to listen to these people in various "man on the street" interviews when asked which of his policies they like the best. <crickets>

...so kind of like some of the libs on here? :D

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 01:31 PM
Homey, how many southern whites just ain't gonna vote fer Obama 'cause he's black? Seriously.

Can those rocket scientists tell you why they're voting for McCain?

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 01:32 PM
...so kind of like some of the libs on here? :D

You're not smart enough to convey why you're voting for McCain. Only that you're not voting for Obama and that anyone who is is a simpleton. You redefine paritsan hackery.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 01:33 PM
Homey, how many southern whites just ain't gonna vote fer Obama 'cause he's black? Seriously.

There's no doubt that there will be a lot of people that will not vote for Brack because he's black. Is that any worse then Brack getting 99.9% of the black vote largely because he's black?

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 01:35 PM
You're not smart enough to convey why you're voting for McCain. Only that you're not voting for Obama and that anyone who is is a simpleton. You redefine paritsan hackery.

What's funny is you must imagine you don't define partisan hackery on the other side.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 01:38 PM
You're not smart enough to convey why you're voting for McCain.

It's not so tough really: I don't imagine he'll raise taxes as much as Brack, if at all, and I don't imagine he'll try to enact what Brack will term "common sense guns laws" as a veiled attempt to limit the 2nd Amendment.

...and as someone who works for a living I have no reason to support Brack.

Widescreen
9/1/2008, 01:44 PM

Obama has zero substance and unattractive legs so he's actually in worse shape.

don't forget, there's always empty but emotional platitudes and blind, repetitive incantations of words like "freedom" and "patriotism" to the point in which they don't really refer to anything tangible or specific in the world.

You mean platitudes with no meaning like "change"? Which terms have we heard the most in this campaign season, "freedom" and "patriotism" or "change"? Yeah, I thought so.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/1/2008, 01:47 PM
Obama has zero substance and unattractive legs so he's actually in worse shape.

C'mon, man.

He can shoot the THREE.

Okla-homey
9/1/2008, 02:02 PM

I think most will tell you because they don't want the US to become a nanny-state comparable with most states in western Europe. And universal healthcare scares the crap out of 'em. And the comapny and counsel BHO keeps bothers them. A lot. All that, and there are probably 15 percent who won't vote for him because of the color of his skin, which is disappointing.

It would have been better for race relations in this country if the first black candidate to win his party's nom were not the most liberal man in the US Senate. Race relations could actually be set back when he loses because it will be spun as a defeat due to pervasive racism.

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 03:58 PM
What and/or who doesn't fit in this pic? :D

RNC Convention (http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080901/i/r3369058865.jpg?x=400&y=269&q=85&sig=j20f5LJS3gIzsP.VxOO8ag--)

Widescreen
9/1/2008, 03:59 PM

RNC Convention (http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080901/i/r3369058865.jpg?x=400&y=269&q=85&sig=j20f5LJS3gIzsP.VxOO8ag--)

THAT'S RACIST!

Widescreen
9/1/2008, 04:00 PM
;)

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 04:02 PM
heh.

BTW the answer is not the black dude.

BigRedJed
9/1/2008, 04:13 PM
That's easy. Everybody knows Republicans don't wear sideburns.

BigRedJed
9/1/2008, 04:15 PM
Also, guys wearing bow ties are generally gay. Possibly he's a Log Cabin Republican, though.

Now we have three things that don't belong.

SouthFortySooner
9/1/2008, 04:29 PM
For what I think to be the greater majority of the voting public, those less moved by platform and postitions, but swayed by what meets the eye about a candidate types. Sarah Palin and her legs are a knockout punch. Its funny because its steals every, look we've done something different so we must be intellectual, ploy the Dems had goin for them. BTW, I am in the politically uneducated group, but dangit AW STill GAT to vote. :D

8timechamps
9/1/2008, 10:15 PM
I like legs.

Female ones...

Harry Beanbag
9/1/2008, 10:24 PM
I still think it's hilarious how some of you hang on all these polls like they actually mean anything. Exit polls from the last few national elections weren't even close to being right, wtf chance do these polls that all of you keep crowing about every day have of being worth more than the toilet paper I flushed this morning?

8timechamps
9/1/2008, 10:26 PM
wtf chance do these polls that all of you keep crowing about every day have of being worth more than the toilet paper I flushed this morning?

You only go in the morning?

Wow...

Harry Beanbag
9/1/2008, 10:30 PM
8:00 am every morning. Think of me tomorrow people. :)

bluewcc
9/1/2008, 10:50 PM

Are you kidding me? I'm as hardcore a conservative as I know, and I don't give a flying **** about someone's color or gender. What I care about is that person's opinion on the issues I care about. I just can't wrap my head around the way some people vote based on skin color or sex.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/1/2008, 10:59 PM
I just can't wrap my head around the way some people vote based on skin color or sex.

Boobies.

Vs.

Three pointers.

Don't be silly.

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:17 PM

That fat white dude ?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/1/2008, 11:23 PM
Elvis?

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:40 PM
Boobies.

Vs.

Three pointers.

Don't be silly.

2 nips pwn 3 point every time
just sayin