PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl

SteelClip49
9/1/2008, 07:42 AM
I know Houston is known for oil and gas mainly but sugar was/is also a major factor there as well. Houston isn't the greatest city ever but it sure is cleaner than New Orleans and Reliant Stadium makes the Superdump looks like what I just referred to it as....superdump.

Would it be a good idea to relocate the game to Houston or is it in New Orleans forever with the exception of the 2006 game?

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 07:52 AM
I think you could leave the Sugar Bowl right where it is and Houston could bid for the BCS game/spot the Sugar could lose for not having a decent venue.

Unless the NCAA sees the need though...I'd imagine it's Superdump forever.

Just a thought.

swardboy
9/1/2008, 09:04 AM
The draw of the French Quarter will forever keep it there....

King Crimson
9/1/2008, 09:16 AM
outside the outcome of the game (and more than a few truly obnoxious LSU fans), i had a great time at the 03 Sugar Bowl. but, the Superdome does indeed really suck out loud.

yermom
9/1/2008, 09:25 AM
the Superdome was a dump, but it was fun going there for sure

Socrefbek
9/1/2008, 10:01 AM
Remember the entire interior of the Superdome was redone after hurrican Katrina. I imagine it is a little less dumpy now

Charla
9/1/2008, 11:22 AM
even god knows that Nawlens is the cess pool of the world and tries to give it a bath every couple a years.

Blue
9/1/2008, 01:35 PM
I love New Orleans. A city with personality.

badger
9/1/2008, 01:39 PM
They just remodeled (if that is the appropriate word here) the Superdome a few years ago, so it really can't get moved now, but maybe later. It's like the Hornets - Nawlins suffered so much and stuff, so they need their NBA team that they never really supported in the first place back in Nawlins because now they're winning and another city likes them.

So really, they can't take the Sugar Bowl away from Nawlins just yet - that'd be heartless. However, they can create a new BCS game with a new name (Oil Bowl, anyone?) in a new city like Houston. I personally would just rather see them assign Dallas' Cotton Bowl BCS status now that it's at JerryWorld. However, I would never want OU to play there every year a la Fiesta Bowl.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 01:41 PM
Bring it to HOUSTON!! We don't have trash like they do in New Orleans

Blue
9/1/2008, 01:54 PM
The Sugar will never leave New Orleans. It's a great party city. How many SuperBowls has Houston hosted? BORING.

badger
9/1/2008, 01:56 PM
The Sugar will never leave New Orleans. It's a great party city. How many SuperBowls has Houston hosted? BORING.

Of course, they just lost their team to Tennessee not too long ago and just got the Reliant not too long ago when the Texans came to town. Nawlins is a safe choice for Super Bowl (as is Houston)... for traditional reasons :D

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 02:21 PM
New Orleans is a dirty city. period.

Blue
9/1/2008, 02:28 PM
A fun city. I agree.

Houston is boring.

PERIOD.

My point is that's your opinion.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 02:33 PM
I guess

oudivesherpa
9/1/2008, 04:42 PM
Houston is a better town to live in.

New Orleans is a better town to visit.

Houston boring....
You can count the oil rigs as the sun rises on Galveston Beach
You can read a book while waiting 2 hrs on the Katy freeway
You can go to the rodeo in Fulschear on Friday nights
You can watch the Safeway truck unload on Monday mronings
And the best thing about Houston--You can Fly to most Major cities in World
non-stop!

I guess Houston is boring--but have you ever watched a Safeway truck unload, while a gang is highjacking the cargo?

Sabanball
9/1/2008, 04:51 PM
I don't think the Sugar Bowl will ever leave NO. If it did ever move, my guess is it would remain in a city associated with the Deep South/SEC. Atlanta would fit that bill, but I dont ever even see that happening.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 09:52 PM
Okay I hate Dallas but seriously with that new stadium on the way, what would be wrong with that. But in all honesty the only way I see Houston or Dallas ever getting a BCS type game is if they go to a tourney or something of that nature. Miami and LA are cool places and Phoenix aint bad, but I'd save so much more money if the game was in Houston or Dallas, haha. I guess I don't think those cities are that interesting, if I could pick a place, Vegas. If they had a big stadium. Oh and I turn 21 in a couple weeks so my mind might change haha .

Miko
9/2/2008, 09:13 AM
And H-town has been struggling to get their lower tier bowl going. The pokes seem to like it. :rolleyes:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/2/2008, 09:46 AM

New Orleans is a dump...end of story. By the way, Houston has hosted 2 Super Bowls. I know, not as many as the cestpool to the east, but a couple. By the way, there is more to Houston than people think. You just have to find it. Us locals enjoy the fact that most outsiders don't know about our hidden secrects, keeps them away from us! ;)