PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have a problem with Calvin the paperboy ???

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:44 AM
...we love him in Norman...

proud gonzo
9/1/2008, 01:52 AM
what the hell kind of question is that? Calvin ****ing ROCKS.

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:53 AM
He is also smarter than you may think....

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:54 AM
what the hell kind of question is that? Calvin ****ing ROCKS.

btw, who asked you ???

proud gonzo
9/1/2008, 01:54 AM
you asked everyone.

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:56 AM
..not infrequent and/or previously banned posters....

Penguin
9/1/2008, 01:56 AM
Nah. I've never met him, but he sounds like a Norman legend.

proud gonzo
9/1/2008, 01:57 AM
..not infrequent and/or previously banned posters....sorry, I didn't realize you were using the updated fictional definition of "anybody"

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:57 AM
Nah. I've never met him, but he sounds like a Norman legend.

One of Norman's finest !!!

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:58 AM
sorry, I didn't realize you were using the updated fictional definition of "anybody"

apology accepted...

Fraggle145
9/1/2008, 02:21 AM
I do. he tried to fight me and my friends for not buying a paper, and no we werent dicks about it either. I have seen him get quite testy with people, particularly with females, for not buying a paper. Just harassing them over and over. I respect his condition and the fact that he is making some money for himself. I just dont think that he is the saint that he is painted to be just be cause he is handicapped.

jthomasou78
9/1/2008, 04:24 AM
Is three hat willie still around?

frankensooner
9/1/2008, 07:13 AM
I am not a Calvin fan. At.All.

Back in the 80's I was one of the hot bus boys/bar backs at the Mont. ;) Calvin would walk in and start helping himself to whatever he wanted from behind the bar, usually he would stick his nastygram hands into the ice and fill up his disgusting travel mug and then grab the drink dispenser gun thing and fill it with coke. He always stank to high heaven (b.o.) and hit all of us up for "loans" for his "mother's medicine" that he would never repay. When we would tell him to not go behind the bar, he would get surly and be really hateful. Same for when we wouldn't give him the loans. He is a pretty high-functioning con-man. [/rant off]

BudSooner
9/1/2008, 07:16 AM
....his aim sucks, he cannot even hit my front porch here in Tulsa.......

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 07:21 AM
I would trade 500 rus posts for 5 PG posts. Know that.

BudSooner
9/1/2008, 07:22 AM
I would trade 500 rus posts for 5 PG posts. Know that.
Well no ****. :D Wouldn't we all.

frankensooner
9/1/2008, 07:25 AM
And PG makes delicious pies. I don't remember rus ever bringing anything good to the table. ;)

Rogue
9/1/2008, 07:28 AM
I enjoyed him usually and the guy has a work ethic that would shame many folks I know.

That said, he could be a real butthole at times too.

I don't mind tipping a hard working feller, but give me my change first and then I'll decide how much to tip you. He only "volunteered" my change back to me about 1/2 the time of the dozens of times I bought papers from him.

SteelClip49
9/1/2008, 07:28 AM
if he sold the Tulsa World then I would have no problem with him....but selling The Oklahoman I do have a big problem with. But he is a legend no doubt.

Also, I wish I can go to one game without passing by Soonerman.

BudSooner
9/1/2008, 07:35 AM
One of Norman's finest !!!
Wait, so he's a paperboy...and now....a cop??? Make up yer mind, damn!:D

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 08:12 AM
He is also smarter than you may think....

I have to agree with you Rus.

I used to kind of feel sorry for him but he has morphed into knowing he's a legend and the Con-man side of him might get him hurt if he doesn't dial it in.

I say that as many folks have tolerated him for years and I keep hearing more and more folks who might prefer him having a much improved system of selling papers by now.

Someone needs to take him under their wing and get him a paperstand where folks who want to meet "The Legend" can visit his stand and not be bothered by him if they don't like him. Kind of one of those New York City Stands that have more than one paper and / or magazines.

It's sad he hasn't done better for himself. I know he's smarter than that.

So...the only problem I have is what happens to him when he can't get around or continue his same old routine.

yermom
9/1/2008, 09:38 AM
never heard of 'im

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 11:19 AM
if he sold the Tulsa World then I would have no problem with him....but selling The Oklahoman I do have a big problem with. But he is a legend no doubt.

Also, I wish I can go to one game without passing by Soonerman.

He sells only The Norman Transcript...

stoopified
9/1/2008, 11:26 AM
One of Norman's finest !!!Didn't he used to coach basketball?

CatfishSooner
9/1/2008, 12:19 PM
I don't like calvin...and he does smell...bad...

SoonerBorn68
9/1/2008, 12:34 PM
Anybody remember his vampire phase? I use to see him around campus corner with his lacrosse helmet & vampire cape.

Ya'll are tight wads. He's just trying to earn some cash. Being a local legend don't come cheap.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2008, 12:48 PM
Being a local legend don't come cheap.

:dolemite:werd.