PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing in Norman

Rhino
9/1/2008, 12:40 AM
Defensive end Frank Alexander and freshman basketball guard Ray Willis were both stabbed/cut last night/this morning at Sooner Knights (formerly Buzz's Subs, SW 24th & Lindsey).

Luckily, neither injury is considered serious. Word is Alexander will probably miss the Cincinnati game. Willis' cut is said to be less severe, with a small cut on the stomach.

Three Injured in Fight (http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/police/policePRDetails.cfm?recordID=240)
Date: Sun, August 31, 2008
By: Lieutenant Todd Gibson

On August 31, 2008 at 2:32 A.M. the Norman Police Department responded to 1309 SW 24th Avenue in reference to a disturbance involving multiple weapons. Numerous calls to the police department reported subjects fighting with knives, guns and tire irons.

Prior to officers arrival updated information reported that shots had been fired and that people had been shot and/or stabbed. Officers arrived on scene and began their investigation. There was evidence at the location consistent with the previous reports.

While police were at 1309 SW 24th, additional calls came to the Norman Police Department that two stabbing victim's had arrived at Norman Regional Hospital, via a privately owned vehicle. At the time of this press release both stabbing victim's were in stable condition, but required surgery as a result of their injuries. A third victim who had been struck by a car during the incident was treated and released. The incident is currently under investigation by the Norman Police Criminal Investigations Division.

Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Norman Police Department at 321-1444, or Crime Stoppers at 366-7867.

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 12:43 AM
That has always been a loser establishment...

Soonrboy
9/1/2008, 01:02 AM
Is that the place kind of behind del rancho?

Soonerus
9/1/2008, 01:03 AM

yes...

Sooner_09
9/1/2008, 01:43 AM
This seems similar to the incident that Rufus was involved in years back in Pauls Valley, my hometown:rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
9/1/2008, 02:17 AM
Well nobody was very seriously or life-threateningly hurt. That is a big bonus.

However, this year finally seemed to be a karma type year where most or all of everything fell into place. It no longer seems that way.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 03:25 AM
God bless that nobody died. USE COMMON SENSE AND DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN THAT SITUATION, EVER! My buddy from Clemson tonight preached to me, "those Clemson Tigers are all a bunch of piece of **** thugs, thinking they know everything about football, and have so much talent. Did you see their faces in the fourth quarter ???? THEY COULD CARELESS

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 07:47 AM
Well nobody was very seriously or life-threateningly hurt. That is a big bonus.

However, this year finally seemed to be a karma type year where most or all of everything fell into place. It no longer seems that way.

**** And by the way... let me mention that means I am upset that things have turned out. :confused:
They are very much in line. :confused:

Even with the edit....I'm still lost about what you said.

Were you sober when you posted this? :pop: :confused:

Rogue
9/1/2008, 07:57 AM
Gheez. Tire irons? What the hellcrap? Were they re-enacting West Side Story or something?

I heard a 'Bama fan on a call-in show saying the Clemson fans were great sports and some of the best he'd been around. 'Course you hear that quite a bit when an SEC team hits the road.

Rogue
9/1/2008, 07:58 AM

:pop: :confused:

+1

soonerspudman
9/1/2008, 12:07 PM
You can bet Bob will get to the bottom of this in a hurry. Bottom line is that Alexander was some place he shouldn't have been doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Everyone's worked hard and the season just got off to a great start, you can't have some kuckelhead, no matter how talented (see Jarboe) creating distractions like this (knives and tire irons, holy crap).

I hope Alexandar gets a suspension minimum unless the story is he jumped from a passing car to save an old lady, which I doubt. And if he was part of the problem, can him, end of story.

okiewaker
9/1/2008, 05:20 PM
I used to live close to there. I remember when is was a sub place but is it a nightclub now? anyone know?

tommieharris91
9/1/2008, 05:22 PM
It's a club now.

okienole3
9/1/2008, 07:07 PM
www.myspace.com/soonerknights

tommieharris91
9/1/2008, 07:13 PM
Ahh there's a reason I don't go there. Or why I'm not on MySpace.

SoonerBorn68
9/1/2008, 07:23 PM
I lived in Norman for over 30 years & nothing's lastest there for more than a couple of years.

So much for being on the "good" side of town.

Breadburner
9/1/2008, 07:40 PM
They should re-name it The Tool Box......

okiewaker
9/1/2008, 08:06 PM
I lived in Norman for over 30 years & nothing's lastest there for more than a couple of years.

So much for being on the "good" side of town.

I know. And that place just east on lindsey, just a couple miles up from the Conoco, on the south side of the road. For some reason those places don't mak it.

KingDavid
9/1/2008, 09:08 PM
My understanding is that Alexander was jumping from a moving car to save an old lady when he sustained the puncture wound. :)

SoonerBorn68
9/1/2008, 09:16 PM
...from the hood ornament. ;)

okienole3
9/1/2008, 09:19 PM
The pictures on that myspace are.....ummm......telling.

KingDavid
9/1/2008, 09:19 PM
...from the hood ornament. ;)

exactly.:D

RacerX
9/1/2008, 10:51 PM

It's obvious you've never met him.

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:02 PM
It's obvious you've never met him.

I just negged him . Does he ever say anything Good about the Team ?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/1/2008, 11:23 PM

I was quite sober.... just exhausted from the 12 hour drive back. I had edited it to delete a chunk out... but now I can't remember what... ah well.

I'm sure I meant it to be POSITIVE!****

****For olevet. :P

soonerboy_odanorth
9/1/2008, 11:31 PM
I just negged him . Does he ever say anything Good about the Team ?

If you would take the time to not filter out all the positive things I say, you might say I'm pretty balanced and realistic. I love Oklahoma, and the Sooners, and my loyalty is unwavering.

Oh, and I hope when your moonshine fog clears, you'll have a brief moment of clarity where you realize the gloom-n-doom prediction threads are kind of a little long-running joke.

Now.... I'll let you get back to your ATF interview.

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:31 PM
I was quite sober.... just exhausted from the 12 hour drive back. I had edited it to delete a chunk out... but now I can't remember what... ah well.

I'm sure I meant it to be POSITIVE!****

****For olevet. :P

Then Link me to a Post were youve said a complete post Positive about the team ?:rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
9/2/2008, 12:08 AM
Historical or topical?

You can read all 1600 or so yourself just by clicking the name and "find more posts by". Or not. I don't care. You'll just have to appreciate I'm not going to do your work for you. Or just stand by and wait for the next post. Again, I don't care.

BTW, I never said I was 100% positive. I think my posts go about 50-50. That would make me what some folks call realistic, as opposed to optimistic or pessimistic.

And if I bother you so terribly, why not just use that handy little "ignore" feature?

olevetonahill
9/2/2008, 12:15 AM
I just thot You Might remember ONE , I aint wading thru Garbage to look for a Clean piece of fish. You dont really bother me. I usually just skim over yer posts .;)
Just sayin

LosAngelesSooner
9/2/2008, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know anything more about this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3564339

NORMAN, Okla. -- At least two Oklahoma athletes were injured during a brawl at a local nightclub that police said involved guns, knives and tire irons.

Details were immediately unclear, but the university characterized the players as victims in the early Sunday incident at the Sooner Knights club in southwest Norman.

"I'm not commenting. There was an incident where a couple of our athletes overall were assaulted. Outside of that, there's an ongoing investigation, so until we know more, I'm not going to confirm or not confirm anything," Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops said Monday after practice.

Norman police said they went to the nightclub at 2:32 a.m. Sunday, about four hours after fourth-ranked Oklahoma beat Chattanooga 57-2 in its season opener, after "numerous calls to the police department reported subjects fighting with knives, guns and tire irons." Police reported two people had been stabbed and a third had been hit by a car.

One arrest was made: Terran Jason McCabe, 27, was booked for carrying a concealed weapon and released on bail Sunday.

Norman Regional Hospital spokeswoman Brenda Finkle told The Oklahoma Daily student newspaper that freshman defensive end Frank Alexander was treated and released Sunday. The newspaper also cited "multiple student sources" in reporting that freshman basketball guard Ray Willis was injured in the altercation.

Stoops, basketball coach Jeff Capel, athletic director Joe Castiglione and university President David Boren all issued statements but none identified the players involved.

"The health concerns for all of those involved obviously take precedence over everything else at this point. We understand that the outlook is good," Stoops said. "We certainly will encourage anyone with knowledge of this event to assist in the investigation."

Capel thanked students and medical personnel for their assistance "and the police who are working to bring the perpetrators to justice."

"We are most concerned about the recovery of those who were injured. Our desire is to assist law enforcement authorities in their investigation. While the details are still emerging, indications are that those who were injured were victims of assault," Castiglione said.

Boren said he was asking vice president of student affairs Clarke Stroud to work with the athletic department to prevent similar situations.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

KingDavid
9/2/2008, 12:54 AM
see the stabbing post yet?

tommieharris91
9/2/2008, 01:02 AM
IBTM

Hella Sideburns
9/2/2008, 01:20 AM
God bless that nobody died. USE COMMON SENSE AND DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN THAT SITUATION, EVER! My buddy from Clemson tonight preached to me, "those Clemson Tigers are all a bunch of piece of **** thugs, thinking they know everything about football, and have so much talent. Did you see their faces in the fourth quarter ???? THEY COULD CARELESS

your buddy sounds like a ****ing moron

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 02:00 AM
your buddy sounds like a ****ing moron

No football wise he is actually pretty intelligent. He said the thing that pissed him off the most was, It was like a 2nd and goal for Bama, and some Clemson backer came up and made a stop, and jumped up and did the fist pump like he was some god, and he just won the rose bowl. They were already down like 20+ at the time in the fourth. Just saying. He says their is absolutely no discipline on the team, the coach has a popular last name, therefore he gets the athletic players and does not care how they act, nor does anything with them. LOOK AT Stoops, Joshua Jarboe messes up big, and Bob packs his **** and say see you later. At Oklahoma we have class and skill, oh and BALLS!
And sideburns your a dbag.

BIG_IKE
9/2/2008, 09:16 AM
nm

milesl
9/2/2008, 10:05 AM
this just got emailed to me:
Report: Two Oklahoma athletes victims of nightclub stabbing
ESPN.com news services

Updated: September 2, 2008, 8:10 AM ET
·
NORMAN, Okla. -- At least two Oklahoma athletes were injured during a brawl at a local nightclub that police said involved guns, knives and tire irons.

Details were immediately unclear, but the university characterized the players as victims in the early Sunday incident at the Sooner Knights club in southwest Norman.

"I'm not commenting. There was an incident where a couple of our athletes overall were assaulted. Outside of that, there's an ongoing investigation, so until we know more, I'm not going to confirm or not confirm anything," Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops said Monday after practice.

Norman police said they went to the nightclub at 2:32 a.m. Sunday, about four hours after fourth-ranked Oklahoma beat Chattanooga 57-2 in its season opener, after "numerous calls to the police department reported subjects fighting with knives, guns and tire irons." Police reported two people had been stabbed and a third had been hit by a car.

One arrest was made: Terran Jason McCabe, 27, was booked for carrying a concealed weapon and released on bail Sunday.

Norman Regional Hospital spokeswoman Brenda Finkle told The Oklahoma Daily student newspaper that freshman defensive end Frank Alexander was treated and released Sunday. The newspaper also cited "multiple student sources" in reporting that freshman basketball guard Ray Willis was injured in the altercation.

The Oklahoman, citing multiple sources, reported Tuesday that Alexander and Willis were stabbed.

Stoops, basketball coach Jeff Capel, athletic director Joe Castiglione and university President David Boren all issued statements but none identified the players involved.

"The health concerns for all of those involved obviously take precedence over everything else at this point. We understand that the outlook is good," Stoops said. "We certainly will encourage anyone with knowledge of this event to assist in the investigation."

Capel thanked students and medical personnel for their assistance "and the police who are working to bring the perpetrators to justice."

"We are most concerned about the recovery of those who were injured. Our desire is to assist law enforcement authorities in their investigation. While the details are still emerging, indications are that those who were injured were victims of assault," Castiglione said.

Boren said he was asking vice president of student affairs Clarke Stroud to work with the athletic department to prevent similar situations.

badger
9/2/2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119001

Blitzkrieg
9/2/2008, 10:56 AM
At least they weren't shot in Pauls Valley.

olevetonahill
9/2/2008, 11:05 AM
Really ? this is NEWS .

Hella Sideburns
9/2/2008, 02:26 PM
No football wise he is actually pretty intelligent. He said the thing that pissed him off the most was, It was like a 2nd and goal for Bama, and some Clemson backer came up and made a stop, and jumped up and did the fist pump like he was some god, and he just won the rose bowl. They were already down like 20+ at the time in the fourth. Just saying. He says their is absolutely no discipline on the team, the coach has a popular last name, therefore he gets the athletic players and does not care how they act, nor does anything with them. LOOK AT Stoops, Joshua Jarboe messes up big, and Bob packs his **** and say see you later. At Oklahoma we have class and skill, oh and BALLS!
And sideburns your a dbag.

heaven forbid a player gets excited during a goal line stand with his highly ranked team losing late in the game. What a team full of thugs.

OUMallen
9/2/2008, 02:54 PM
Bottom line is that Alexander was some place he shouldn't have been doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

Wow. Now players can't go to an all-ages danceclub?

soonerlaw
9/2/2008, 03:34 PM
Is this were Fetti's used to be?

DrZaius
9/2/2008, 04:04 PM
WTF

Rhino
9/2/2008, 04:57 PM
I think I should stabby this.

STABBY!

Ardmore_Sooner
9/2/2008, 06:44 PM
Wow. Now players can't go to an all-ages danceclub?

If you knew the WHOLE story, then you'd understand.

birddog
9/3/2008, 07:02 AM
http://newsok.com/police-crashers-sparked-fight-2-sooner-athletes-were-attacked/article/3292103/?tm=1220419194

By Jake Trotter
Staff Writer
NORMAN — A fight that ended in two Oklahoma athletes suffering knife wounds apparently was initiated by several people who tried to crash a private party.

sooneron
9/3/2008, 07:12 AM
Is this were Fetti's used to be?

Fetti's??? I think it will always be known as the red fox or the blue onion.

janderson255
9/3/2008, 07:39 AM
Like my dad always told me, "You won't find a Mercedes in a junkyard". Think about it.

Rhino
9/3/2008, 01:21 PM
And no, it isn't where Fetti's used to be.

bonkuba
9/3/2008, 01:25 PM
Like my dad always told me, "You won't find a Mercedes in a junkyard". Think about it.

Best post of the thread......and VERY true.:D

Collier11
9/3/2008, 01:27 PM
Historical or topical?

You can read all 1600 or so yourself just by clicking the name and "find more posts by". Or not. I don't care. You'll just have to appreciate I'm not going to do your work for you. Or just stand by and wait for the next post. Again, I don't care.

BTW, I never said I was 100% positive. I think my posts go about 50-50. That would make me what some folks call realistic, as opposed to optimistic or pessimistic.

And if I bother you so terribly, why not just use that handy little "ignore" feature?

being realistic and negative are two completely different things, you are hardly ever positive or realistic...I am realistic but I voice my concerns in a positive way

Collier11
9/3/2008, 01:29 PM
heaven forbid a player gets excited during a goal line stand with his highly ranked team losing late in the game. What a team full of thugs.

They may not be thugs but they are gutless and heartless

Collier11
9/3/2008, 01:30 PM
If you knew the WHOLE story, then you'd understand.

If you know the whole story then tell us, otherwise why bring it up...you are on a football scholarship therefore you should not be out at some skank club at 230 in the morning during the season

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 01:47 PM
Ok peeps , From what Ive read. It was a Private party about 4 hrs after the Game Sat. Nite early Sunday Morning .
Someone (I don't know who) rented the place for the Party . Some thugs tried to Crash it and A fight Ensued.
Now where Tell me Did Our Players **** up ?
Who wouldnt be at a party after a Game like that, and on a sat. Nite ?

Collier11
9/3/2008, 01:56 PM
Im not saying that they ****ed up, im just saying that you have to be smarter than that. They are going to be targets even in Norman Oklahoma.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 02:03 PM
Im not saying that they ****ed up, im just saying that you have to be smarter than that. They are going to be targets even in Norman Oklahoma.

They were at a PRIVATE party. Shoulda been safe enough . Maybe the club is a dump( Ihave No Clue)
Maybe whoever Hosted it should have had Better security. I see No wrong doing On the Part of the Players.
JMHO

JLEW1818
9/3/2008, 02:05 PM
House parties are better!

Jeopardude
9/3/2008, 02:18 PM
They were at a PRIVATE party. Shoulda been safe enough . Maybe the club is a dump( Ihave No Clue)
Maybe whoever Hosted it should have had Better security. I see No wrong doing On the Part of the Players.
JMHO

cosign.

Collier11
9/3/2008, 02:35 PM
JMHO

I dont know, maybe im being a hipocrite since im sure I would have been out late too :D

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 02:39 PM
I dont know, maybe im being a hipocrite since im sure I would have been out late too :D

What Im thinkin :P
Now does anyone Know If theres a Team curfew After a Game ?

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 02:40 PM
JMHO

It is.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 03:09 PM
If this is the place that has gone by the name "Blue Onion" and some variation thereof... Then it has been a bad place as long as I can remember...

SoonerTroll
9/3/2008, 04:27 PM
the club is ghetto, but buzz's subs was awesome back in the day (for late-night delivery).

KingBarry
9/4/2008, 03:45 AM

Del Rancho is still there? That place was anachronistic when I was in school 20 years ago.

20 years ago? Seems like yesterday. Where does the time go?