PDA

View Full Version : The "experts" are at it again!

8timechamps
8/31/2008, 03:54 PM
Over the last 24 hours, I've seen more than enough games and CFB talk shows to know that we are not getting any kind of respect.

All I have heard is "The big boys, Georgia, USC, tOSU and Florida are the elite of this season's teams...blah, blah, blah".

I have always liked the "under the radar" approach, but for the love of God, give us a little respect!

Is it because of how we ended last season against WVU? Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.

Rogue
8/31/2008, 03:59 PM
Meh. We're getting plenty of love. But this week we beat up on "The Little Sister of the Poor" and don't deserve much coverage. Wait until we play someone. What burns me is the bandwagon love fest that will come about Halloween if we keep winning. Icky, yucky, gross in a "don't touch me THERE" kind of way.

mdklatt
8/31/2008, 04:04 PM
Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.

Only if winning perctange over the last decade is part of the computer polls. Which it isn't. We played a minor leage team, and not even a good minor league team. USC beat the snot out of a team that actually lifts weights and stuff. On the road. UVA is no great shakes, but certainly better than Chattanooga. Our second half wasn't very impressive at all, regardless of if we had the second string in. Forget the rain delay. Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did. I'm not trying to bring the doom and gloom, but yesterday didn't really teach us anything about what this season is going to be like. Even Okie Light had a more impressive win than we did. It's too early in the season to get worked up over who is and isn't getting any attention.

8timechamps
8/31/2008, 04:04 PM
Meh. We're getting plenty of love. But this week we beat up on "The Little Sister of the Poor" and don't deserve much coverage. Wait until we play someone. What burns me is the bandwagon love fest that will come about Halloween if we keep winning. Icky, yucky, gross in a "don't touch me THERE" kind of way.

I guess I don't 'feel the love'....of course, Colorado seems to think that they own OU...maybe that's more of what I feel.

I am so used to the bandwagon-ing that I almost don't notice it anymore.

8timechamps
8/31/2008, 04:09 PM
Only if winning perctange over the last decade is part of the computer polls. Which it isn't. We played a minor leage team, and not even a good minor league team. USC beat the snot out of a team that actually lifts weights and stuff. On the road. UVA is no great shakes, but certainly better than Chattanooga. Our second half wasn't very impressive at all, regardless of if we had the second string in. Forget the rain delay. Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did. I'm not trying to bring the doom and gloom, but yesterday didn't really teach us anything about what this season is going to be like. Even Okie Light had a more impressive win than we did. It's too early in the season to get worked up over who is and isn't getting any attention.

I've always thought pre-season polls were stupid anyway, however, we were voted in the top five. I know we didn't play much more than a high school team, but then again Georgia only won by 24 to a team that lost to our high school opponent last year.

You do make a good point though. I suppose that beating a team from a real conference carries a little more weight.

Jacie
8/31/2008, 04:10 PM
It didn't help OUr exposure being on PPV and then having to delay the second half over an hour because of weather. The media heard the final score but didn't really see OU play. Just as well because no one really learns much watching a team against a hapless opponent . . . unlike those played by the other superpowers of the NCAA football Universe.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2008, 04:11 PM
Over the last 24 hours, I've seen more than enough games and CFB talk shows to know that we are not getting any kind of respect.

All I have heard is "The big boys, Georgia, USC, tOSU and Florida are the elite of this season's teams...blah, blah, blah".

I have always liked the "under the radar" approach, but for the love of God, give us a little respect!

Is it because of how we ended last season against WVU? Coming into this season, we are the 3rd winningest team of the past decade, you'd think that would factor in somewhere.

It cant be the way we ended, because OSU ended their season with a butt spanking as well.

stoopified
8/31/2008, 04:11 PM
I guess I don't 'feel the love'....of course, Colorado seems to think that they own OU...maybe that's more of what I feel.

I am so used to the bandwagon-ing that I almost don't notice it anymore.Just tell your Buff friends that you hope they will be in KC because you KNOW the Sooners will be.

King Crimson
8/31/2008, 04:15 PM

that's the truth, ain't it. they think they dominate the series recently. they beat Gibbs (decent wins for them), Schnelly, and Blake. and in 99. after that they were all yakking about how Barney owns Stoops.

of course, last year was terrible living here. somehow, they see the 7 losses they had last year as flukes and not that game.

King Crimson
8/31/2008, 04:17 PM
i will say i wasted about 48 minutes of my life waiting to see highlights on ESPN last night after the Mizzou game...to see the OU highlights. we were pretty much last in the queue of "heavies".

they did show the Iglesius PR which i wanted to see after hearing BBsr call it. i'm being nice.

soonermix
8/31/2008, 04:42 PM

we have respect we are in the top 5 just because they are not sniffing around our nuts trying to hump our legs and falling all over each other trying to say we are the best team in the country doesn't mean lack of respect.

its the first week enjoy the fact it is football season for now. worry about respect from the "experts" after texass

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 04:46 PM
I just heard an excerpt from a Philip Fulmer interview and he said something like...

"It not really where you start out the Season...it's where you end up in December"

I still like being at #4 or 5 to start than 18.

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 04:56 PM
We played a mediocre high school team, how much love should we have expected? Of course I like seeing us being talked about and on the highlights too, but in this case I can understand us not getting much play, and besides that we were on freakin PPV.

That being said one of the announcers at one of the early games when asked who he favored to win it all picked OU.

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 05:11 PM
I'm kinda glad not much pub. Maybe LESS pub and tightly closed practices = 8. Recent years we have gotten alot of pub. Not supersticous (sp) or anything, just sayin.

PLaw
8/31/2008, 05:32 PM

Love in September is fleeting - show me the love in December and January.

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 05:36 PM
Love in September is fleeting - show me the love in December and January.

Show me a bowl win in January and we'll have all the love we can stand. :D

GottaHavePride
8/31/2008, 06:59 PM
Chattanooga had the same rain delay we did.

And scored zero points after halftime. We had to give them 2. Just saying. ;)

jwlynn64
9/1/2008, 01:03 AM
For anyone complaining about the second half, Bob was interviewed after the game and he commented that it is a coaching nightmare to be up like that so early.

They basically ran plays up the middle and didn't throw anything over the top to keep the d-backs honest.

Their goal was to keep possession of the ball without trying to score. Like Bob said, that is a hard task to manage.

RedstickSooner
9/1/2008, 01:20 AM
It cant be the way we ended, because OSU ended their season with a butt spanking as well.

Yes, but the media (national) have no choice but to be on OSU's shrunken, crooked phallus. The rest of the Big-10 is so astonishingly bad, OSU is the only team to fellate.

Since the Big-teneleven represents a gazillion viewers, national sports outlets have to pretend like at least *one* of their teams doesn't reek like a capsized post-Katrina port-a-poty at the Convention Center.

Our conference has plenty of other teams to get all dewey eyed about -- so they aren't forced to give us an inordinate quantity of praise.

insuranceman_22
9/1/2008, 02:18 AM
Yes, but the media (national) have no choice but to be on OSU's shrunken, crooked phallus. The rest of the Big-10 is so astonishingly bad, OSU is the only team to fellate.

Since the Big-teneleven represents a gazillion viewers, national sports outlets have to pretend like at least *one* of their teams doesn't reek like a capsized post-Katrina port-a-poty at the Convention Center.

Our conference has plenty of other teams to get all dewey eyed about -- so they aren't forced to give us an inordinate quantity of praise.

Damn......that was creative.....all true, but very creative!

OU_Sooners75
9/1/2008, 02:21 AM

If we take care of business this weekend. We will get more respect.

If we were playing anyone other than UTC this past saturday, we would have gotten more mention.

And don't pay attention to ESPiN so much. They are a coastal bias media center. They tend to forget about the central teams, outside of OSU.

Also, if we actually win a BCS Bowl game again, then we may get more love.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 03:22 AM
Lets get some common sense straight right now. If Georgia and USC/OSU go undefeated and we do too, we don't go to the national championship. CASED CLOSED. Now does this mean we are not the best team in the Nation? BULL ****. We will take care of our business every weekend. We don't need to lose at all this season obviously, because other teams have so much hype. Lets just all let it breathe, win one game at a time. Sam will be twice as good on the road this year as last year.

OU_Sooners75
9/1/2008, 05:56 AM
Lets get some common sense straight right now. If Georgia and USC/OSU go undefeated and we do too, we don't go to the national championship. CASED CLOSED. Now does this mean we are not the best team in the Nation? BULL ****. We will take care of our business every weekend. We don't need to lose at all this season obviously, because other teams have so much hype. Lets just all let it breathe, win one game at a time. Sam will be twice as good on the road this year as last year.

Not necessarily true.

First thing first though. UGA won't be going undefeated. They will lose at least 2 games.

OSU if they get by USC has the best chance. USC will lose a game (2 if they lose to OSU).

If OU takes care of business, we will be in the National Championship. Add to the equation that we will most likely be facing Missouri in the Big 12 title if we do take care of our regular season opponents.

One thing this team needs to do is stay focused for each game and play like it is there last play every play.

We lacked focus last year. Hopefully we will not this year.

Remembering Tom Stidham
9/1/2008, 07:43 AM
This morning, the 'Dallas News' has us rated first in the Big-12.

VA Sooner
9/1/2008, 08:38 AM
I see this as the dream scenario... have Colorado take out Missouri (since we beat them twice already and as porous as their defense was against Illiniois... shouldn't be a problem... Juice made career records for yards and TDs), then OU beating Texas, Texas Tech and OSU before having a revenge game against Colorado and running up the score. Our secondary can beat Colorado's receivers... Hawkins has an arm but his ego may get him in trouble. Pressure him a little and he falls to pieces. Defensive ends need to get in a lot of reps before the title game.

How many sacks did Auston have this weekend?

StoopTroup
9/1/2008, 08:55 AM
Colorado better get it together before they go thinking they'll beat Mizzou.

CSU gave CU a pretty good game last night IMO.

TXBOOMER
9/1/2008, 10:11 AM
I think we will need to earn the national respect. Getting OUr arse handed to us by WV will carry over until at least the texass game. If we kick all the arse between now and take care of the whorns we will get speK!
BOOMER!

EstablishedSooner1967
9/1/2008, 10:15 AM
its because OU played Chatt.. and all the other teams played someone else. If Clemson would have not backed out of playing OU and OU had not had to go get sisters of the poor Tenn Chatt... things would be much different. Let OU beat Cinny by 30 and things will be back to normal.

BoulderSooner79
9/1/2008, 11:29 AM
So much angst 1 week into the season; geez. I don't see how it can be interpreted that OU doesn't get equal respect given a top 5 rating in almost every poll. There wasn't much talk this weekend because the game was basically not televised. Add to that the opponent and a weather delay in an evening game. But OU consistently gets respect from polls and media ever since the 2000 season. They got into BCS final after laying an egg in the CC game in '03 and made it in '04 when there were 3 undefeated teams. I even thought Auburn should have been picked in '04 (but I didn't complain when OU got the opportunty). Since '04, OU has gone to the bowl that they earned during the season. In fact, the '05 holiday bowl against a 10 win Oregon team would probably be interpreted as pro-OU media bias by other teams that coveted that spot. Last year, OU had a case to argue for the #2 spot, but the bad loss to CU sealed the deal. Similarly, the bad loss by USC to Stanford left them out of the final, so I think there was equal justice. OU plays a tough BCS opponent next weekend that will be widely televised. If OU performs up to elite standards, the media will be drooling all over us (more than I care to see, personally).

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 11:59 AM
Not necessarily true.

First thing first though. UGA won't be going undefeated. They will lose at least 2 games.

OSU if they get by USC has the best chance. USC will lose a game (2 if they lose to OSU).

If OU takes care of business, we will be in the National Championship. Add to the equation that we will most likely be facing Missouri in the Big 12 title if we do take care of our regular season opponents.

One thing this team needs to do is stay focused for each game and play like it is there last play every play.

We lacked focus last year. Hopefully we will not this year.

I agree they will all lose games, but if two of them go undefeated we are screwed most likely. It wont happen, but still statistically its probably true.

MR2-Sooner86
9/1/2008, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't say we're getting "no respect" at all.

Right before the USC game the talking heads made their pick on who would play for the National Championship.

Two picked OU, but this is how they made it.

USC vs OU = OU wins because OU's offense is too much for USC defense
Florida vs OU = Florida wins because Florida's defense is too much for our offense

They also went on to say that the Big 12 will be one of the, if not the, hardest conference this season due to all the high powered offenses.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't say we're getting "no respect" at all.

Right before the USC game the talking heads made their pick on who would play for the National Championship.

Two picked OU, but this is how they made it.

USC vs OU = OU wins because OU's offense is too much for USC defense
Florida vs OU = Florida wins because Florida's defense is too much for our offense

They also went on to say that the Big 12 will be one of the, if not the, hardest conference this season due to all the high powered offenses.

I seen that too.

PDXsooner
9/1/2008, 02:21 PM
ou gets as much love, if not more, than any of the teams listed in the original post. funny how being a fan can make you see things so differently...

bri
9/1/2008, 02:59 PM
And don't pay attention to ESPiN so much. They are a coastal bias media center. They tend to forget about the central teams, outside of OSU.

It's the first "ESPN has costal bias!" post of the regular season, everyone. That's one drink in the SoonerFans.Com Football Board Drinking Game!

okcusooner
9/1/2008, 03:03 PM
Show me a bowl win in January and we'll have all the love we can stand. :D

That really sums it all up. Give up a hook and lateral touchdown on 4th and 14, then get whipped by a coachless team...and some of the luster will wear off. However, this year's team is more than capable of restoring that luster.

IronHorseSooner
9/1/2008, 07:39 PM
Surprise, surprise, but one of those "talking heads" at ESPN (Mark May), just put us on UPSET ALERT against Cincy because of their two good corners. He said " we know you have Sam Bradford, we know you have DeMarco Murray, we know you have Joaquin Iglesias, but you need to watch out for the Cincy defense." Actually, this doesn't shock me about May. I guess misery loves company (since his Pitt Panthers lost). I agree with others here that until we pwn Texas, we are not going to get the respect that other top teams are getting.

okiewaker
9/1/2008, 07:48 PM
I heard that to IHS but I have learned to tune out May and try to figure out what Holtz is saying.

IronHorseSooner
9/1/2008, 08:17 PM
Even if we beat Cincy by a few TDs, then we will be questioned on whether or not we can win on the road (UW, even though they are awful). After that, we will be reminded of the home loss to TCU, then about our last opening Big XII last year against a cellar-dweller (CU) when we play Baylor. We also have to hope that Texas comes in undefeated as well to finally get total respect. In all fairness, Palmer, Ware, Schad, Lou, and Maisel all put us at least in the title game. It's just the "usual suspects", aka May and Forde, who aren't going to give us respect. While we will earn the rest of the talking heads' respect, we will get Cowherd's respect before we get Forde's respect. He's just a bitter Mizzou fan who will not give us (or UT, or KU, or Neb) any respect for years of pwning.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 08:25 PM
All of this talk about lack of respect would ring less hollow if we weren't ranked in the top 5, and if peeps all over the place didn't have us playing in or winning the NC game.

TUSooner
9/1/2008, 08:54 PM
I care only about the "love" we get at the end of the season, and it's been a long time (OU 13-2 FSU) since we got or deserved that. How much were we demanding respect before our last few BCS shellackings? I won't cry about the "respect" of a herd of chattering airheads until we go undefeated. Then when we get their respect, they'll no longer be chattering airheads! :D

8timechamps
9/1/2008, 09:59 PM
It's the 'talking heads' I'm talking about. I mentioned that we are ranked in the top 5, so there has to be some level of respect out there.

Here's what probably irritated me the most: Georgia beats a team (and probably not by the margin they should have) that lost to UTC last season. Maybe, as another poster put it, I'm just jaded because I am a Sooner fan...but, you'd think some deductive reasoning would have questioned the Dawgs rather than not mentioning us.

I was pretty much over it until Mark May put us on "upset alert" today.

All in all, I shouldn't be too irritated, until we can show up in a BCS bowl game, there will be some skeptics out there (and rightfully so I suppose).

AzianSooner
9/1/2008, 10:06 PM
I think OU played great last Sat. BUT, i don't think both QBs played the best the can YET. In other words, they didn't play as good as the USC and tOSU were playing last weekend.

bri
9/1/2008, 10:48 PM
I just enjoy the always reliable comedy of our army of chattering airheads bitching and crying about perceived "slights" from a handful of chattering airheads.

Respect is earned. So stop whining like a rich kid that didn't get a pony for his birthday and just accept that until we can win a BCS bowl game again, people will doubt us. But you know what the beautiful part is? It doesn't matter what they say. Our players and coaches are in control of their own destinies, and that and THAT alone will decide our fate this season. So just shut the f*ck up and watch some goddamn football.

Lott's Bandana
9/1/2008, 11:10 PM
BBS > Mark May

That is all.

Piware
9/2/2008, 01:57 AM
It's okay with me if they ignore us until mid-November. NC #7 was won when the Sooners made one of the great comebacks in college football history while the "experts" hyped FSU and Nebraska. NC# 8 was lost when they said we could not lose.

IMHO, the whole early ranking system is created by the media to blow air up the backsides of fans and improve their viewer ratings. They could show a few highlights narrated by a monotone commentator - better still let Bob
Berry do it and opponents will be so confused they will they we have a ballerina playing on the OL. I will alwasy believe some of the hype was a contributing factor in some of our few unpleasant memories over the past couple of years, whether it be players, coaches, fans or any combination thereof.

Last thought before I sober up. The We Get No Respect thingy sounds a little too Boone Pickens Academy to me. When we earn it we will get it but last year's victories won't win this year's games.

Good night fellow Sooner Fans.

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 02:06 AM
I remember they ignored us last year as soon as the Colorado lost. Then Oregon lost on that Thursday night when Dixon went down, then all of a sudden everybody has us in the title game. I hate all the reporters and we will have our own credit when we win! And Mark May and Corso and Herby can suck balls. The only cool ones on there is Howard, Davis, and Brent.

boomer

OU_Sooners75
9/2/2008, 02:51 AM
I agree they will all lose games, but if two of them go undefeated we are screwed most likely. It wont happen, but still statistically its probably true.

No we aren't.

Even if we get left out of the NCG, but we win our Bowl game and finish undefeated, we will not be screwed.

If your scenario happens, We have an advantage that OSU and USC doesn't. We will be playing what should be a top 10 team in the Big 12 Championship Game.

So far outside of UTC, our SOS is pretty good. OUr future opponents have only lost 3 games. Baylor, Washington, and A&M.

8timechamps
9/2/2008, 10:55 AM
I just enjoy the always reliable comedy of our army of chattering airheads bitching and crying about perceived "slights" from a handful of chattering airheads.

Respect is earned. So stop whining like a rich kid that didn't get a pony for his birthday and just accept that until we can win a BCS bowl game again, people will doubt us. But you know what the beautiful part is? It doesn't matter what they say. Our players and coaches are in control of their own destinies, and that and THAT alone will decide our fate this season. So just shut the f*ck up and watch some goddamn football.

Maybe it would be better if we all just shut our pieholes, got in line like a bunch of lemmings and drank the kool-aid!

Not me, I have an issue. My issue is that we don't get the respect we deserve. I ask you, does UGA or tOSU deserve more credit than OU at this point? If you are going off of January bowl wins, then an argument can be had for UGA...not so much for tOSU.

I guess I could be one of those fans that reads the newspapers, listens to the talking heads and my wonderful peers and sits in my office thinking to myself "we'll show them!"....but I'm not.

You of all people should know that this is place a Sonner fan can come and express his/her opinion. I have and will continue to do so. Sorry if it doesn't fit your mold.

bri
9/2/2008, 11:00 AM
Rawr! :D

8timechamps
9/2/2008, 11:05 AM
Rawr! :D

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

http://getcontagio.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/hulk.jpg

jdubb22bronco
9/2/2008, 11:12 AM
I like when we are underdogs or can play the "we aint getting no respect card," it works well for us....plus we tend to expect people to lay down when we are the heavy favorites....take care of bidness each week...then the rest takes care of itself...

Crimson Kid
9/2/2008, 11:48 AM
You sound like our little brothers.

BudSooner
9/2/2008, 12:13 PM
**** the experts, and on that note, I would not mind seeing us start the season ranked near 24th or 23rd...it makes the boys hungrier when the team is near the bottom.
Being ranked high just gives some fellas a huge ego that can be crushed in the month of January.

shaun4411
9/2/2008, 12:28 PM

to their credit, ou often whips @ss throughout the season only to disappoint in the postseason. i think ou may need to earn the benefit of the doubt come bcs decision time. but ya, right now, they are top 3, or at least top 5 no doubt.

bri
9/2/2008, 12:37 PM
I like when we are underdogs or can play the "we aint getting no respect card,"

Yeah, 'cause acting like Nolan Richardson is always the best strategy.

If winning isn't reason enough to win, then maybe we deserve to lose.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/2/2008, 12:40 PM

57-2 is a pretty impressive win. 2-3 stringers were in in the 2nd half.

Chatt had 53 plays, 36 total yards for .7 ypp. OuU had 84 plays 487 yards for 5.8 ypp. That's impressive. What you mean is, our opponent is not impressive.

OU beat them just like they were supposed to and didn't run the score up to 100 to wow everyone. That's ok in my book.

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 12:55 PM
No we aren't.

Even if we get left out of the NCG, but we win our Bowl game and finish undefeated, we will not be screwed.

If your scenario happens, We have an advantage that OSU and USC doesn't. We will be playing what should be a top 10 team in the Big 12 Championship Game.

So far outside of UTC, our SOS is pretty good. OUr future opponents have only lost 3 games. Baylor, Washington, and A&M.

If Oklahoma USC and Georgia are all undefeated at the end of the year, I don't like our chances to get a 1 or 2 spot. That is just common sense. Would I think we were better then the other 2 teams? absolutely

BoulderSooner79
9/2/2008, 02:32 PM
If Oklahoma USC and Georgia are all undefeated at the end of the year, I don't like our chances to get a 1 or 2 spot. That is just common sense. Would I think we were better then the other 2 teams? absolutely

How can you say that? That represents 35 more games for the 3 teams and that would not have any impact on your opinion? What if 'SC and Georgia throttle the life out of every opponent and OU squeaks by several opponents and needs terrible call by the refs to steal one?

OUMallen
9/2/2008, 03:03 PM

Not to mention questions that haven't yet been answered (but soon will be in another few games) about our LB corps and secondary.

OUMallen
9/2/2008, 03:08 PM
57-2 is a pretty impressive win. 2-3 stringers were in in the 2nd half.

Chatt had 53 plays, 36 total yards for .7 ypp. OuU had 84 plays 487 yards for 5.8 ypp. That's impressive. What you mean is, our opponent is not impressive.

OU beat them just like they were supposed to and didn't run the score up to 100 to wow everyone. That's ok in my book.

Exactly, I have zero complaints about the outcome of the game.

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 03:56 PM
How can you say that? That represents 35 more games for the 3 teams and that would not have any impact on your opinion? What if 'SC and Georgia throttle the life out of every opponent and OU squeaks by several opponents and needs terrible call by the refs to steal one?

It wouldn't matter because the world loves USC, its sickening. And if Georgia goes undefeated with that schedule the BCS will give them number 1. Not going to happening but I'm just saying.

Lott's Bandana
9/2/2008, 06:24 PM

Given circumstances like they are now, if those three teams go undefeated, I feel pretty confident in saying that OU and UGA would be #1 and #2, in either order, with suc on the outside looking in. Running this years Big XII and SEC would blow them smack passed the Pac10 champ. That conference, UCLA's recent performance notwithstanding, is down and with no CCG, the computers wouldn't give suc enough love.

Having said that, and my hatred for suc knows no bounds, it would be a shame if that crap happened again, because no matter who would win the BCS NC, the AP would give the other half to suc after they throttle some putrid tOSU AGAIN in the Rose Bowl.

JLEW1818
9/2/2008, 08:20 PM
Given circumstances like they are now, if those three teams go undefeated, I feel pretty confident in saying that OU and UGA would be #1 and #2, in either order, with suc on the outside looking in. Running this years Big XII and SEC would blow them smack passed the Pac10 champ. That conference, UCLA's recent performance notwithstanding, is down and with no CCG, the computers wouldn't give suc enough love.

Having said that, and my hatred for suc knows no bounds, it would be a shame if that crap happened again, because no matter who would win the BCS NC, the AP would give the other half to suc after they throttle some putrid tOSU AGAIN in the Rose Bowl.

It would not matter, they play Ohio State in a non conference game, nobody can say that.

BoulderSooner79
9/2/2008, 11:17 PM
It wouldn't matter because the world loves USC, its sickening. And if Georgia goes undefeated with that schedule the BCS will give them number 1. Not going to happening but I'm just saying.

I wasn't debating who would get the nod in a 3-way tie. I was trying to understand your statement that you would think OU was better (or more deserving) than the other 2. Wouldn't it depend on how they played all year? I'll cheer my heart out like a homer for OU regardless of who they play, but if I think another team is better - I'll say it. In fact, I did say it in '04 when I thought Auburn was better - I still cheered when OU got the title bid. I just wasn't going to whine if OU didn't.