PDA

View Full Version : I just got a full refund from Direct TV for the game last night.

Big Red Ron
8/31/2008, 12:28 PM
Just call and they will do it.

batonrougesooner
8/31/2008, 12:33 PM
I think the football team should get one too.

SoonerFanatic
8/31/2008, 01:19 PM
Has anyone tried for a refund from Dish Network?

JP

Jeopardude
8/31/2008, 01:24 PM
Why the refund? Did you not get the whole game? I got the whole game.

Sooner Eclipse
8/31/2008, 01:25 PM
Just call and they will do it.

Why, it seems they were one of the few providers that showed the whole thing. I didn't miss a down of action. Waiting an hour and a half for the 3rd/4th quarters sucked but DTV showed them all.

Did you have local issues?

Big Red Ron
8/31/2008, 04:41 PM
Why, it seems they were one of the few providers that showed the whole thing. I didn't miss a down of action. Waiting an hour and a half for the 3rd/4th quarters sucked but DTV showed them all.

Did you have local issues?Yeah, by the time the storm allowed the game to continue it had moved north and cut off my dish. I didn't see a down after they returned.

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 04:43 PM
[Happy New U-verse Customer]Get your money. Don't let em rip you off![/HNUC] :D

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, by the time the storm allowed the game to continue it had moved north and cut off my dish. I didn't see a down after they returned.
Mine worked the entire game, I have it all on the DVR.

If you have signal problems in storms you need to get the dish re-aligned, I do it myself and then use Loctite on the bolts.

Big Red Ron
8/31/2008, 09:26 PM

If you have signal problems in storms you need to get the dish re-aligned, I do it myself and then use Loctite on the bolts.Where do you live? In Edmond, the storm was crazy bad.

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 09:39 PM
I live in Austin but even in nasty storms I don't lose a signal, only an occasional breakup but it comes right back....of course I had to fix their installation.

Big Red Ron
8/31/2008, 09:41 PM
I live in Austin but even in nasty storms I don't lose a signal, only an occasional breakup but it comes right back....of course I had to fix their installation.
Well, they stopped the game last night it was so bad. That almost never happens. Between the hail, lightning and the rest, trust me, things were messed up.

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 09:46 PM
I know, my dad left at halftime, which is very rare for him to do.

stoopified
9/1/2008, 10:53 AM

If you have signal problems in storms you need to get the dish re-aligned, I do it myself and then use Loctite on the bolts.Mine recorded perfectly on DISH dvr,BUT vanished after 24 hours.Are you sure you still have it ?

DISH has been rnning more and more PPV stuff on a limited basis so you CAN'T copy it.

soonersweetie
9/1/2008, 10:59 AM
mine was still there last night, but i have directv. I heard they were going to limit how long you have access to it. Which I think is just stupid. If I paid "extra" for it, it is mine. I should get to keep it as long as I want.

StormySooner-IN
9/1/2008, 11:08 AM
[Happy New U-verse Customer]Get your money. Don't let em rip you off![/HNUC] :DYou got a refund from AT&T??

Laelaface
9/1/2008, 11:58 AM
This DOES NOT work for Dish cust

Quoted directly from them

(03) Susan J: I am sorry, PPV once ordered are not refundable.
Me: okay thanks anyways
(03) Susan J: We do not guarantee the length of the event.

bluedogok
9/1/2008, 01:12 PM
Mine recorded perfectly on DISH dvr,BUT vanished after 24 hours.Are you sure you still have it ?

DISH has been rnning more and more PPV stuff on a limited basis so you CAN'T copy it.
Mine is still on the DVR and I just started it so it works. I know that both Directv, Dish and the cablecos had to put a 24 hour limit on PPV movies due to pressure/threats from the MPAA. In the Directv correspondence that I have had it just said that PPV movies were affected. The OU games are the only PPV product that I buy anymore, I would occasionally get a movie many years ago but would just prefer to get the DVD, Blu-ray or (marked down) HD-DVD movie now.

oudivesherpa
9/1/2008, 01:29 PM
Just be glad you didn't have Comcast--Here in Houston Comcast customers got the black screen of death--No PPV. Good news is the UT customers on Comcast also got the black screen of death. But Comcast doesn't seem to care.

Isn't the President of AT&T an OU alumni, maybe I could talk him into running AT&T cable TV here in the Memorial area of Houston?

douxpaysan
9/1/2008, 02:19 PM
Mine recorded perfectly on DISH dvr,BUT vanished after 24 hours.Are you sure you still have it ?

http://lifehacker.com/software/dvr/hack-attack-build-your-own-dvr-165963.php