PDA

View Full Version : Dear Missouri and Texas Tech

The Maestro
8/31/2008, 09:28 AM
You guys have some really good offensive football teams.

But your defense remains...ironically...offensive. And that's why you will never really be a championship team. Oh, sure...most weeks you can crush your opponents and sometimes you rise up and upset a championship team like Oklahoma...it happens.

But to maintain a championship status throughout the season with THOSE defensive results? Not gonna happen. You teams are on in the same.

For the national folks that jumped on the Mizzou jock strap...ain't gonna happen. The last three solid offensive teams they have faced...OU, OU and now Illinois...just rolled through that swiss cheese defense. The Booger Boy and Maclin are no doubt impressive...but this team has NO SHOT at winning much of anything, other than a decent bowl game.

Sooner Eclipse
8/31/2008, 09:58 AM
Although I tend to agree with you about their defense, I won't taunt them until our defense shows up for more than 1 half against east popcorn state.

GrapevineSooner
8/31/2008, 10:06 AM
Just speaking on their own merits, Maestro's got a point.

Of course, it's still relatively early in the year and Illinois' isn't chopped liver on offense.

I remember a certain high scoring affair against Kansas State up in Manhattan back in 2000 in a game that was played in October.

I seem to remember that our defense got rounded into shape to stifle Florida State in the Orange Bowl that year.

royalfan5
8/31/2008, 10:21 AM
I've always felt that it is best to ignore the results of the first game as much as possible. I wouldn't read to much into any of yesterday's games, yet.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/31/2008, 10:37 AM
Dear Comcast,

You suck @ss and rot in hell.

Regards,
Boones

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 10:38 AM
I agree with royalfan. What was t-tech doing. They had over 600 yards of offense and only scored 49 points.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2008, 10:38 AM
Missouri is dead last in the BigXII for defense after yesterday, 42pts allowed with 532 total yards allowed. 451 of those were allowed through the air. Not bad for the 6th rated team in the country.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:42 AM
Missouri is dead last in the BigXII for defense after yesterday, 42pts allowed with 532 total yards allowed. 451 of those were allowed through the air. Not bad for the number 6th rated team in the country.

Not that I like them, but they played the best team out of anybody in the Big12.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2008, 10:45 AM
I'll give you that but it still shows a vulnerable D!

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:53 AM
Oh yes it means that a team can score on them, and I think we are better on offense then Illinois is. We wont see them till December though, hopefully.

ashley
8/31/2008, 10:58 AM
It is bad form and bad luck to make fun of your opponents before you play them, especially with the fire power of their offenses.
Our D is suspect at backer and corner.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 11:07 AM
Franks !

Blitzkrieg
8/31/2008, 11:09 AM
Mizzou's last three opponents were Ill, OU, and Ark'nsaw with Mc Fadden, all good offense at the time. Illinois might win the Big11, and go back to teh Rose Bowl, they have a very talented team. That game showcased a lot of players that will be playing on Sundays in the next few years.

MU is a legit top 5 team (maybe better) and they have a great chance to be in KC ranked higher than us. I'd love that scenario. Let someone else shoulder the pressure and expectations for a while.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 11:18 AM
Yep, remember they have to go to Texas this year. It seems like everybody is forgetting about UT.

soonermix
8/31/2008, 11:21 AM
MU is a legit top 5 team (maybe better) and they have a great chance to be in KC ranked higher than us. I'd love that scenario. Let someone else shoulder the pressure and expectations for a while.

its doubtful that we would be in kc and have mizzu ranked higher than us.

right now the best we can hope for is being the dog in the mnc.
thereby letting someone else shoulder the pressure and such

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 11:36 AM
mizzou has to go to cornshuk wk6, at home against pokes wk7, and at ut on wk 8. I think they will lose one of those games.

royalfan5
8/31/2008, 11:37 AM
mizzou has to go to cornshuk wk6, at home against pokes wk7, and at ut on wk 8. I think they will lose one of those games.
It won't be to Nebraska as they will score at will in Lincoln.

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 11:42 AM
It is bad form and bad luck to make fun of your opponents before you play them

No it's not. If we can't make fun of our opponents then who can we make fun of? Besides that I doubt the relevance our making fun of anyone on here has to do with the eventual outcomes of games against those opponents.

So...that being said Mizzu's and TacoTech's defenses sucked really hard yesterday. :P :P :P

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 11:42 AM
It won't be to Nebraska as they will score at will in Lincoln.

I know, but texas plays well the week after a loss to OU

Blitzkrieg
8/31/2008, 12:44 PM
Played who? Beat KSU at home17-14 in 2002, beat ISU 40-19, Barely beat MU 28-20, and pounded ISU last year 56-3.

This MU team is not your typical MU, KSU, or Iowa State team that usually follows up OU. MU will be more likely to slip up to a CU or KSU, both at home, before I'd see them losing to Texas.

tulsaoilerfan
8/31/2008, 01:00 PM
So what's the word on Maclin's injury?

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 01:07 PM
Played who? Beat KSU at home17-14 in 2002, beat ISU 40-19, Barely beat MU 28-20, and pounded ISU last year 56-3.

This MU team is not your typical MU, KSU, or Iowa State team that usually follows up OU. MU will be more likely to slip up to a CU or KSU, both at home, before I'd see them losing to Texas.

don't forget they beat CU 42-17 in "05 and beat baylor real bad in '06. My point was they play pretty well after playing OU. I know this is not the typical MU team and you will probably be right. They may lose later in their schedule

Blitzkrieg
8/31/2008, 02:32 PM
don't forget they beat CU 42-17 in "05 and beat baylor real bad in '06. My point was they play pretty well after playing OU. I know this is not the typical MU team and you will probably be right. They may lose later in their schedule

Vince Young beat 'em all in 05. I thought you said after a loss?

I think the statement that Texas plays well after an OU loss is rather poitnless, it's like saying OU plays well after a losss. We have so few losses, and are usually the better team on the field anytime we take it during league play, so it is likely going to be true.

I think this MU team might be the real deal, if they whip that secondary into shape. They were busting coverages all over the place last night. I'd love for the nation to watch a legit 1 versus 2 matchup, like the old OU/NU days, in arrowhead.

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 02:52 PM
Vince Young beat 'em all in 05. I thought you said after a loss?

I think the statement that Texas plays well after an OU loss is rather poitnless, it's like saying OU plays well after a losss. We have so few losses, and are usually the better team on the field anytime we take it during league play, so it is likely going to be true.

I think this MU team might be the real deal, if they whip that secondary into shape. They were busting coverages all over the place last night. I'd love for the nation to watch a legit 1 versus 2 matchup, like the old OU/NU days, in arrowhead.

Oops on '05.