PDA

View Full Version : Which one of OUr future opponents looked the best in their first game?

IronHorseSooner
8/31/2008, 08:43 AM
Three of them lost (Baylor, UW, and A&M), the rest won, at least, semi-comfortably. I know a lot of them played scrub teams.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/31/2008, 09:08 AM
Missouri again showed it's all offense, little defense.

MI Sooner
8/31/2008, 09:26 AM
Cincinnati and Nebraska

King Crimson
8/31/2008, 09:27 AM
Cincinnati and Nebraska

these two plus KSU and Pokie....both road games for us. UT righted the ship in the second half on D and cruised.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/31/2008, 09:28 AM
not Texas Tech! <insert over-rated chant>

kevpks
8/31/2008, 09:57 AM
A&M. They almost beat college football power Arkansas St. at home.

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 10:01 AM
Washington lost to Oregon 44-10, they didn't look very good from what little that I watched before going to bed.

DustySooner
8/31/2008, 11:00 AM
Believe it or not I would say Texas looked more solid than anyone.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/31/2008, 11:02 AM

agreed. Chiles looked good too.

Edit: and USC. We will be playing them in the "not the orange bowl" National Championship.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 11:03 AM
Will Chiles take over? Mock/Young repeater?

meoveryouxinfinity
8/31/2008, 11:06 AM
Will Chiles take over? Mock/Young repeater?
Not this year.

okiewaker
8/31/2008, 11:09 AM
I didn't get to see the texas game, just watched highlights, they looked good. Watched the pokes game and they started slow but they look good. Anyone see what TCU did?

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 11:13 AM
26 - 3 win

crimsonclass
8/31/2008, 11:36 AM
I would say USC looked the best out of all of our future opponents this season.

;)

soonerspudman
8/31/2008, 11:38 AM
Just based on recap/stats looks like Cincy had a very solid opener.

A little surprised UW didn't look a little better, Locker is a poor-man's Tiebow with a C+ supporting cast, I think he'd really shine on a better team.

Note to aTm - WTF dudes?

McCoy did have a good game but not a great sign for Tejas when your QB has to run for 100 yards against a nobody, McCoy has shown he doesn't hold up well to a lot of hits over the season.

Good to see signs of life from the Neburskis.

Overall, the Big 12 looked pretty good.

illinisooner
8/31/2008, 12:15 PM
Washington lost to Oregon 44-10, they didn't look very good from what little that I watched before going to bed.

Locker looked like a one man show, trying to do it all because he had no help from his o line.

Sooner98
8/31/2008, 12:40 PM
TCU and OSU

soonermagicgirl
8/31/2008, 01:44 PM
For those of you who know my husband..You know he is a HUGE MIzzou fan.

This is his prediction for the BIG 12 Championship Game.

Mizzou-57
OU-10

I don't believe it..but he does..

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 01:47 PM

Mizzou-57
OU-10

Divorce ?

King Crimson
8/31/2008, 02:14 PM
TCU and OSU

TCU really put it on New Mexico....who was supposed to be somewhat decent i thought.

r5TPsooner
8/31/2008, 02:18 PM
Missouri again showed it's all offense, little defense.

Weatherspoon, the LB for MU would start at OU IMHO. The problem with the MU defense is the same as it is for the defense from TTU. There offenses score so fast, that they always seem to be on the field a lot, which leads to fatigue, thus the defenses giving up a bunch of points.

They were clearly superior to Illinois last nite.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2008, 04:20 PM
Cincinnati and Nebraska

Agreed

OSUAggie
8/31/2008, 08:01 PM
TCU really put it on New Mexico....who was supposed to be somewhat decent i thought.

I think they'll handle A&M.

FroggyStyle22
8/31/2008, 08:45 PM
TCU's defense played solid to great as usual but our offense is still very vanilla as usual. I'm hopefull the D will be able to keep it close for at least a half vs OU and who knows maybe we will get some favorable TTU/Oregon type refs to help out in the second half.

Seriously though I wouldn't put money against the sooners for anyone on their schedule this year.

mobilesteve
8/31/2008, 08:47 PM
Texas by a mile. If we lose to or struggle to UW or A&M then we aren't as good as we think.

Sooner in the Bluegrass
8/31/2008, 08:47 PM
Eastern Ky U (UC's opponent in their first game) used to be something of a big time Div I-AA program. But they've had some down years of late-- plus they're still I-AA or whatever they call it these days. So it's hard to say what UC's win tells us about what to expect from them.

I'd normally say the usual-- "You can't spell suck without a UC . . ." but these days, no W is guaranteed. We should win by at least two TDs, provided we don't have one of those games (like CU last year).

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 08:58 PM
Playing a Smellsofbourbon team can do that for you.......

Locker looked like a one man show, trying to do it all because he had no help from his o line.
Most of the time that I saw he was on his back or trying to escape the d-line, it looked like they were playing the 1-1000....GO game...the UW o-line was pretty much non-existent.

rainiersooner
8/31/2008, 09:10 PM
His receivers couldn't catch either. Husky fans are livid. I don't blame them...UW looked pathetic.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/31/2008, 09:52 PM
Weatherspoon, the LB for MU would start at OU IMHO. The problem with the MU defense is the same as it is for the defense from TTU. There offenses score so fast, that they always seem to be on the field a lot, which leads to fatigue, thus the defenses giving up a bunch of points.

The problem with MU's defense as I saw it was their secondary looks like they are running in quicksand. I think Juice Williams just had 25% of his passing yardage this year in one game.

Offensively MU still looks very good.

Yes and USC looked the best of our future opponets.

tommieharris91
8/31/2008, 10:17 PM

I would argue that it doesn't lead to fatigue, but simply more possessions for both teams. I would like to see pace-adjusted numbers for defenses, and I'm guessing that is the next place advanced football stats go.

However, I will agree with you when you say having a time of possession edge leads to winning football games.

Scott D
8/31/2008, 11:15 PM

Unfortunately for Locker, and Willingham's job security he's surrounded by a lot of freshmen and sophomores.

PhilTLL
9/1/2008, 03:13 AM
Texas by a mile. If we lose to or struggle to UW or A&M then we aren't as good as we think.

Yes, but this was also true 6 months ago.

utex74
9/1/2008, 08:55 PM
agreed. Chiles looked good too.

Edit: and USC. We will be playing them in the "not the orange bowl" National Championship.

I like Chiles but he is not a QB. I think he needs to accept that and pick another position. I'd give eanything if he was but last night was not good for him.

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 09:14 PM
I like Chiles but he is not a QB. I think he needs to accept that and pick another position. I'd give eanything if he was but last night was not good for him.

Isn't Mack the coach? He should tell him he's not going to be the QB, but then that would probably negate a recruiting promise that was made. ;)

...and Chiles is a monster athlete, if he wants a chance at a pro career it isn't at the QB position.

KingDavid
9/1/2008, 09:33 PM

Mizzou-57
OU-10

You should just remind him that Ohio University is a not a member of the Big XII so he might need to rethink that prediction.

. . . .

Seriously, you should let him have his happy little prediction. He's probably suffering from PTS from last year. Probably very fragile - he might need to have his own little private reality right now.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 09:48 PM
The only easy game on the schedule is Baylor.

Scott D
9/1/2008, 09:52 PM
the fans of my signature might disagree with you jlew.

soonermagicgirl
9/2/2008, 10:46 PM
You should just remind him that Ohio University is a not a member of the Big XII so he might need to rethink that prediction.

. . . .

Seriously, you should let him have his happy little prediction. He's probably suffering from PTS from last year. Probably very fragile - he might need to have his own little private reality right now.

I gladly rubbed it in last year at the OU Mizzou game and the big 12 champ.game.

And I expect to do it again this year...LOL:)