PDA

View Full Version : Freshman

okienole3
8/31/2008, 12:15 AM
It looks like more true freshman will play this year than I thought. I know Good, Owens, Miller, Hanna, Johnson and McGee all played. Anyone else?

MojoRisen
8/31/2008, 08:24 AM
I wonder why on earth they would play Johnson and McGee??? That seems like a waste of a season being 4 or 5th on the depth charts....

I understand Good, Owens and Miller

Sooner_09
8/31/2008, 10:01 AM
When did McGee get in, I have not heard anything about him playing

CatfishSooner
8/31/2008, 10:03 AM
Is Calhoun redshirtin for sure?

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:28 AM
Is Calhoun redshirtin for sure?

It's starting to look that way. Won't know till end of season, but I'm sure he will be.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:29 AM
Did Washington play at all last night? Special teams maybe? I'd hope not.

okienole3
8/31/2008, 12:56 PM
When did McGee get in, I have not heard anything about him playing

McGee was listed in the participation report, but so was Loadholt and I am pretty sure Loadholt didn't play, so maybe mcGee didn't.

tulsaoilerfan
8/31/2008, 12:58 PM
McGee was listed in the participation report, but so was Loadholt and I am pretty sure Loadholt didn't play, so maybe mcGee didn't.

According to the TW, Loadholt wasn't even in uniform and neither was Broyles

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 01:33 PM
According to the TW, Loadholt wasn't even in uniform and neither was Broyles

DUI thing maybe?

Stoops says he never announces punishments like other teams do. Except for the fiesta bowl, he had too.

shaun4411
8/31/2008, 01:49 PM
i was surprised to see so many freshman in on the game

OU-HSV
8/31/2008, 02:02 PM
Owens looked good, and seems like I remember Dejuan Miller getting a couple grabs. One of which he took a helluva hit across the middle (thanks to Joey setting him up for that)

But Owens looks quick and looks like he'll be an exciting player to watch

Jeopardude
8/31/2008, 05:34 PM
It looks like more true freshman will play this year than I thought. I know Good, Owens, Miller, Hanna, Johnson and McGee all played. Anyone else?

It's freshmen, you shyster.
:D

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 06:00 PM
DUI thing maybe?

Stoops says he never announces punishments like other teams do. Except for the fiesta bowl, he had too.

Bob is tight lipped about injuries and punishment.

We continue to see folks on these message boards say stuff like...

"Come on people...these are College Kids!"

Yet we continue to see OU Fans on the SoonerFans.com message boards not respect Bob's position to keep things quiet.

It's no wonder he hates message boards.

I'd like to think that most everyone here on SoonerFans.com respect's our Head Coach's tactics.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 06:29 PM
Bob is tight lipped about injuries and punishment.

We continue to see folks on these message boards say stuff like...

"Come on people...these are College Kids!"

Yet we continue to see OU Fans on the SoonerFans.com message boards not respect Bob's position to keep things quiet.

It's no wonder he hates message boards.

I'd like to think that most everyone here on SoonerFans.com respect's our Head Coach's tactics.

oh I agree, I'm glad he keeps stuff down. But I'm sure the reason Phil didn't play was because the DUI. Are you calling me a fan that does not respect our coaches tactics ?

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 06:31 PM
oh I agree, I'm glad he keeps stuff down. But I'm sure the reason Phil didn't play was because the DUI. Are you calling me a fan that does not respect our coaches tactics ?

That's exactly what he's calling you. :P

Now...what are you going to do about it? :D

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 06:35 PM

It's just a warning noob. :D :pop: ;)

okienole3
8/31/2008, 08:15 PM
It's freshmen, you shyster.
:D

I'll take grammatical errors for $1000 Alex.

I made a mistake. It was late at night and my head was water logged from all of the rain.

FroggyStyle22
8/31/2008, 08:37 PM
I made a mistake. It was late at night and my head was water logged from all of the rain.

Yeah I'm sure it was "water" from all the "rain" that was the problem.

douxpaysan
8/31/2008, 09:35 PM
I'll take grammatical errors for $1000 Alex.

You're forgiven cuz Bob makes em too.:D

badger
8/31/2008, 09:37 PM
My guess is their punishments from last season carried over into this one.

It doesn't bother me - did it look like we needed either Broyles or Loadholt last night?

As for froshies, it has always been a Stoops policy to play the best players, regardless of age/experience. It is the best policy for elite programs to have. Players that want to be promised playing time their junior/senior years are going to end up at bad programs.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 03:38 AM
It's just a warning noob. :D :pop: ;)

BULL ****. I support and defend BOB STOOPS just as much as any true fan on this board. If he would have suspended Sam Bradford for something I would not care or questioned him. I was never once bad mouthing Stoops at all. I was agreeing with him, I'm glad he said " it's wrong to announce to the national audience that a kid is being suspend for something he did." I'm glad Phil did not play, he got a DUI and I think that is why he did not play. BUT GUESS WHAT HE DESERVED NOT TO PLAY. That was his stupid judgment to do what he did. And don't call me a Noob because I'm not, and you must have totally misunderstood me. And if your that pissed , I'll see you the weekend Tech comes to town and we can finish this face to face, so go and neg me if you want.

AlbqSooner
9/1/2008, 05:31 AM
:pop:

BillyBall
9/1/2008, 09:03 AM
BULL ****. I support and defend BOB STOOPS just as much as any true fan on this board. If he would have suspended Sam Bradford for something I would not care or questioned him. I was never once bad mouthing Stoops at all. I was agreeing with him, I'm glad he said " it's wrong to announce to the national audience that a kid is being suspend for something he did." I'm glad Phil did not play, he got a DUI and I think that is why he did not play. BUT GUESS WHAT HE DESERVED NOT TO PLAY. That was his stupid judgment to do what he did. And don't call me a Noob because I'm not, and you must have totally misunderstood me. And if your that pissed , I'll see you the weekend Tech comes to town and we can finish this face to face, so go and neg me if you want.

Lighten Up Francis...

RedstickSooner
9/1/2008, 09:56 AM
Damn. Short fuse there.

JLEW1818
9/1/2008, 12:00 PM
Did Washington play at all?

badger
9/1/2008, 01:10 PM

No, the silver shoes were not shiny enough. Washington plans to sit out the entire season until adequate shoes are supplied. Blame Nike :mad:

;)

(just had to lighten the mood)

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2008, 06:18 PM

No, but he gave a good interview during the game. :)