PDA

View Full Version : Video Board/Intro Video

DCSoonerfan
8/30/2008, 11:30 PM
Sorry if this topic has been discussed.... I had a question for the fans who attended the game. How is the new video board and what was the quality of the intro video? Curious to see what people think of the clarity and quality of SoonerVision on the new screen.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/30/2008, 11:37 PM
it was pretty darn good visual quality. looked badass. intro video was same pretty much. better than last years i thought. maybe it's just because it's new.

Sooner24
8/30/2008, 11:38 PM
The volume was so low you couldn'y hear it in the NEZ.

soonergregmsw9802
8/30/2008, 11:41 PM
The new scoreboard visually was impressive. Pretty cool to have the State of Oklahoma Flag covering the board and words to state song up there during Pride intro.

The replays were ridiculous clear and impressive. I would like to have seen widescreen replays, maybe take the stat side off temporarily while they show a replay, but that's nitpicking.

The audio during the intro video sucked. I was in the north endzone. Only heard Stoops say, "Its time." at the beginning. I can't wait until someone puts a copy of it on the web. My wife said that they showed it on the pay per view broadcast.

The video board was overall impressive, sound not loud enough. Which seems weird b/c we all used to gripe about how loud it used to be.

Sooner98
8/31/2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, what was with the audio? It's almost as if the volume is even lower than it was last year. Wasn't this was supposed to be a big improvement?

Soonrboy
8/31/2008, 12:06 AM
It sounded great in the second half!

Fiatil
8/31/2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'll just go ahead and agree with everyone else. It looked amazing, but I couldn't hear anything at all in the student section from it until it quieted down near halftime.

SoonerStud615
8/31/2008, 12:09 AM
Somebody needs to get this on the net; I don't think I can wait until next Saturday

Fiatil
8/31/2008, 12:12 AM
I completely forgot to bring my camera to college with me, or I'd snag you a shot before I leave for home tomorrow morning.

DCSoonerfan
8/31/2008, 12:31 AM
How often/in what situations did they go to full-screen video? Was the artistic representations the University released accurate or was the live action/video replay section more proportioned to wide screen as some others have mentioned on here before? Just curious... would've been great to have seen it.

SeattleOUstudent
8/31/2008, 01:58 AM
I saw it in a few frames of the game footage. IT looked pretty impressive. Cant wait to see it next week in person!

bringit
8/31/2008, 02:00 AM
I've heard it's maroon on the back side

goingoneight
8/31/2008, 02:07 AM
Video board = ten winnnnnn.

Sound system was spotty, sounds like someone was learning on the job at the switchboards.

"Security" that no longer allows a section 31 seater to enter with his friends at section 32 was ghey. Thanks to "security," people dicking around in line chatting and the girls having a bathroom pow-wow.. I missed the intro video. :mad:

So when does college football kickoff? I mean, I'm personally happy that Stoops opened practice tonight, but I'm starving for a real game.

Cam
8/31/2008, 09:29 AM
The video quality was astounding. As others stated, the audio quality needs some work. Could pretty much hear nothing of the intro vid in the north end zone. I'd almost like to see them narrow the stats one vid panel on each side and increase the video panel.

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 09:58 AM
The volume was so low you couldn'y hear it in the NEZ.
Are they still trying to drive all of the stadium sound from the South End Zone? My dad's seats are in the North End Zone and sometimes you could barely hear it, I sat in the South End Zone one time and you could barely hear it because it was so loud and distorted. They need to spread speakers around the entire stadium, not try to drive it from one end like a concert.

CatfishSooner
8/31/2008, 10:08 AM
Are they still trying to drive all of the stadium sound from the South End Zone? My dad's seats are in the North End Zone and sometimes you could barely hear it, I sat in the South End Zone one time and you could barely hear it because it was so loud and distorted. They need to spread speakers around the entire stadium, not try to drive it from one end like a concert.

Exactly! We need a little surround sound biaches!

illinisooner
8/31/2008, 10:38 AM
Is the intro video on youtube or anything yet? Because I'd like to see it with, you know, sound!

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:41 AM
Is the intro video on youtube or anything yet? Because I'd like to see it with, you know, sound!

ditto

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 10:56 AM
I'm not so sure about the live game video on the board.

I'm in the down low in the south EZ so closeup it wasn't all that impressive to me.

I didn't really look at it from 120 yards away though...so maybe for those folks it was really good.

The North Video was OK.

The Graphics part of the board is out of this world though.

Cam
8/31/2008, 01:14 PM
They might also want to rethink their UPS strategy. Would've sucked to see $4.5 MM go out the window because of a power blip. Maybe they need to manually turn on the UPS when that type of weather's overhead to control the wattage.

illinisooner
8/31/2008, 01:33 PM
Here's the only one I've found so far...for those of you who weren't at the game, there's no problem with the sound, that's just how bad the sound was. Hopefully soonersports.com will put up the video soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSWiW-rwbUA

bringit
8/31/2008, 01:38 PM
volume issues for sure

DCSoonerfan
8/31/2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the youtube link. I looked for it myself this morning but couldn't find anything. Hopefully it being the first game they will iron-out all the sound issues before the next game.