PDA

View Full Version : Congrats....

Sabanball
8/30/2008, 11:02 PM
On your opening win and getting the '08 campaign off to a good start. I'm glad you guys called off the dogs in the second half and ended this game mercifully.

We have two cupcakes over the next two weeks before we get into the meat of our SEC schedule. I only hope our young men can go out and take care of business and handle them as well as you guys demonstrated tonight.

RTR
Boomer Sooner

Boomer.....
8/30/2008, 11:06 PM
Nothing to take credit for. Nice win over Clemson! Nothing like beating a Bowden. :)

Texas Golfer
8/30/2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats on your win, too. 'bama looked very solid against Clemson. Good luck for the rest of the season. I hope The Tide wins the SEC.

Socrefbek
8/30/2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats on your win, too. 'bama looked very solid against Clemson. Good luck for the rest of the season. I hope The Tide wins the SEC.

Just smack down the LESS "The HAT" Smiles and I will be mucho Happy.

tommieharris91
8/30/2008, 11:19 PM
We had a storm delay about an hour long at halftime. Our players came out like they had shut it down after getting out to a 50-0 lead. I don't blame em.

Fiatil
8/31/2008, 12:16 AM
We had a storm delay about an hour long at halftime. Our players came out like they had shut it down after getting out to a 50-0 lead. I don't blame em.

Yeah to be fair most of the fans did the same. I think we get a mulligan on the second half of that game, fans and players. A long thunderstorm delay during a night game that's 50-0 at halftime kind of takes the wind out of your sails.

OklahomaSooners
8/31/2008, 12:23 AM
Not that it matters, but actually we called off the dogs in the second qtr... Congrats on your big win!

olevetonahill
8/31/2008, 01:37 AM
Not that it matters, but actually we called off the dogs in the second qtr... Congrats on your big win!

Yes Halzle was In with Over 5 Min.s to go in the 2nd
Any Yall want some ?
Bring it Bitch :D :pop:

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2008, 01:57 AM
Do you think the tide is for real this year saban? they looked the most impressive of the sec teams i saw today.

SelmaBamaFan
8/31/2008, 08:09 AM
I'm not saban, but imo it's still up in the air. We did look good against Clemson, but to be honest... it was Clemson. The only thing that caught my eye was how well we played across the LoS on both sides of the ball, especially on Defense.

As for being for real, ask me again after the UT and LSU games. I think I'll have a better idea if we beat those two.

Collier11
8/31/2008, 09:05 AM
I like Bama but not so much Saban, I still root for them though

BoulderSooner79
8/31/2008, 10:44 AM
First games can be freaky as far as predicting the season; but it was pretty clear that Saban will improve 'Bama to be an SEC power very quickly.

OU only proved they can focus and not play down to a far inferior opponent and that's the only thing they could prove. I saw that M. Stoops at Arizona had a similar task and lead 49-0 at the half and 56-0 after 3.

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 10:50 AM
All we really did last night was aerate the field so the rain will keep it nice for the next game.

Oh yeah...and work on our punting snaps out of the EZ. :(

Sabanball
8/31/2008, 10:50 AM
Do you think the tide is for real this year saban? they looked the most impressive of the sec teams i saw today.

Ask me that same question after we go to Athens, GA on Sept. 27.

I kinda agree with what SBF said, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure that Clemson really deserved the lofty ranking that they had. They have not even won an ACC title since 1991, if you can believe that.

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:55 AM
Ya'lls D never gave up a touchdown, that should make you really proud. Looks like all the thunder and lighting was in Oklahoma, and not with Clemson ! haha
great job !

SOONERxWife73
8/31/2008, 04:36 PM
being as i was born in bama i always like to see them do well. great job bammer.