PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere Dennis Franchione is chuckling

royalfan5
8/30/2008, 09:09 PM
and possibly kicking a collie. Arkie State wins in College Station.

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 09:10 PM
No way!:eek:

proudsoonergal
8/30/2008, 09:11 PM
WAY!

royalfan5
8/30/2008, 09:12 PM
No way!:eek:

18-14 Arkie State New PC mascot win.

King Crimson
8/30/2008, 09:15 PM
Arkie State converted a 4th and 13 for the go ahead score with 4:00 left.

Goodson fumbled on ATM's 3rd play of the next possession. ASU kicked a FG to put it away.

Sooner Eclipse
8/30/2008, 09:21 PM
heh - thats frantastic :D

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 09:22 PM
I never thought he (Sherman) was all that great with the Packers. I thought they could've done better.

royalfan5
8/30/2008, 09:23 PM
I never thought he (Sherman) was all that great with the Packers. I thought they could've done better.
Sherman will be Callahan, Collie Style.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 09:24 PM

It was a largely uninspired choice on their part.

Rogue
8/30/2008, 09:27 PM
Wow.

Penguin
8/30/2008, 09:39 PM
Way to represent the conference, Ags. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

badger
8/30/2008, 09:46 PM
I am a Mike Sherman sympathizer, because he got fired when the Packers had a lot of injuries.

Fran left that program in such awful shape that it will take more than one season to turn it around.

Also, it's A&M. They ran the only coach that could win there recently (and the only one that could beat us) out, followed by running the only coach that could beat Texas out. Sherman was probably the only one willing to give Aggie a chance, because he wanted to try to salvage his head coaching career (much like the guy that is trying head coaching at Dook just to prove he can head coach someone not named Eli).

poke4christ
8/30/2008, 09:50 PM
Arkie State converted a 4th and 13 for the go ahead score with 4:00 left.

Goodson fumbled on ATM's 3rd play of the next possession. ASU kicked a FG to put it away.

As an OSU fan and a guy who knows exactly what Goodson did to get kicked out of Stilly on his visit and have his Scholarship offer removed, I have to say this couldn't have happened in a better way. Combine this with a butt kicking in Seattle (not fond of that city right now) and that makes for one happy day.

badger
8/30/2008, 09:54 PM
Aggies at texags.com are coming to a sad realization (on their own, mind you, which is saying something) about how irrelevant they truly are. Nobody cares (except aggies) when Aggies lose, because Aggies lose often and by a lot. Aggies don't get upset, Aggies only upset others, and those upsets are few and few between. Aggies are so used to losing that they don't even bother clogging up their message boards to the point that they shut down and the server crashes.

Aggie is as Aggie does. :D

bluedogok
8/30/2008, 10:09 PM
The Aggies and K-State won in the Big 12 when OU and Texas were down. They were both getting recruits at that time that might have considered going to OU or Texas, since both programs have surpassed what they did they have gone back to their normal place in the pecking order. Nebraska and Colorado getting back to the top will put Mizzou back in their traditional spot in the order.

8timechamps
8/30/2008, 10:10 PM
So I'm looking at the Aggies schedule, and it's a real possibility that they could be 0-9 when we go to College Station.

The only game(s) on their schedule that could be a win is against Army in a few weeks. But, if they can't beat Arkansas State, I think it's not too far fetched to thing they could lose to Army.

With New Mexico next week, followed by Miami (Fl.), Army, Okie State, KSU, TTech, Iowa State, and Colorado, I just don't see another game they will win with the exception of Iowa State (but even that's not probable).

Sucks to be an Aggie fan right now.

bluedogok
8/30/2008, 10:13 PM
So I'm looking at the Aggies schedule, and it's a real possibility that they could be 0-9 when we go to College Station.
That should make it easier to get tickets for the game.....I may have to hit up some Aggie friends for them if that is the case.

badger
8/30/2008, 10:14 PM
wow, this year's Notre Dame, eh?

:D

Here's their intro video on YouTube:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMGQ-_KdHLU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMGQ-_KdHLU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As you can see, it's like ours, except without all the achievements unlocked :D

8timechamps
8/30/2008, 10:15 PM
That should make it easier to get tickets for the game.....I may have to hit up some Aggie friends for them if that is the case.

Silver lining!

8timechamps
8/30/2008, 10:18 PM
wow, this year's Notre Dame, eh?

:D

As you can see, it's like ours, except without all the achievements unlocked :D

Weak. They can't even come up with an original intro video. You'd think for a team with so many goofy traditions, they could come up with something better.

Reminds me of Indiana. They have our uniforms down to the color (although, I think they changed to a crimson facemask). Don't they know that just because you have the same uniform (or video in this case) you can still suck?!

aurorasooner
8/30/2008, 10:36 PM
1st win ever for Arkie State over a Big 12 opponent.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas: Reggie Arnold ran for 145 yards and Arkansas State ruined Mike Sherman's debut as Texas A&M's coach with a stunning 18-14 win over the Aggies at Kyle Field on Saturday night.

The Red Wolves won for the first time in 15 games against Big 12 opponents and snapped A&M's 20-game winning streak in home openers. The Aggies hadn't dropped a home opener since a 17-3 loss to LSU in 1987, and this one likely will go down as one of the most embarrassing losses in school history.

badger
8/30/2008, 10:38 PM
So... what type of HOWDY will they be giving McGhee and Sherman on campus Monday, hmm? lol :D

mdklatt
8/30/2008, 10:41 PM
So... what type of HOWDY will they be giving McGhee and Sherman on campus Monday, hmm? lol :D

Just like they walked on the sacred grass.

:eek:

Flying Scotsman
8/30/2008, 10:41 PM
Where's the 77-0?

Cam
8/31/2008, 09:44 AM
Where's the 77-0?

I wonder which one they think is worse?

stoopified
8/31/2008, 10:18 AM
A7M Collies lose to Red Wolves?Why is that a shock?Everyone knows Lassie is a lover not a fighter. :D

JLEW1818
8/31/2008, 10:30 AM
That is so awesome, they might be on suicide watch the time we go down there.