PDA

View Full Version : &#$% you Comcast

salth2o
8/30/2008, 06:13 PM
I bought the PPV...but, OF COURSE, they are experiencing problems right now. :mad: :mack:

achiro
8/30/2008, 06:15 PM
same here with suddenlink!:mad: :mad: :mad:

jrsooner
8/30/2008, 06:23 PM
yep... comcast = black box! They told me that they were working on items but it shouldn't have affected the ppv channels.

I think they said they were having trouble with the tu feed also but they didn't confirm.

achiro
8/30/2008, 06:27 PM
I'm on, sorry guys, hope it comes up soon.

salth2o
8/30/2008, 06:28 PM
Still a black screen....comcastic!!!!

S008NER
8/30/2008, 06:31 PM
black screen of death.:mad:

soonersweetie
8/30/2008, 06:32 PM
i would definitely ask for my money back

That's ridiculous. It amazes me that they have the entire friggin year to prepare for an event and they still screw it up.

It's not like they decided yesterday to do this PPV.

salth2o
8/30/2008, 06:33 PM
I have been on the phone with them twice since 5:00. They have already said they would give me my $ back.

S008NER
8/30/2008, 06:39 PM
Lines are busy with angry sooners and texas fans.

Rogue
8/30/2008, 06:45 PM
Comcast can't even get it here for me.
Last year a game was on right up to like 2 counties over from me.
They charged me for it and didn't give it to me.
THAT was an ugly phone call!

jrsooner
8/30/2008, 06:51 PM
I now have it in the PiP in place in case it does show up. Not holding my breath though.

trpltongue
8/30/2008, 08:30 PM
At least comcast is attempting to carry it. Crappy AT&T only has 1 PPV channel and it's showing some stupid replay of a wrestling match !!!! Is this game going to be rebroadcast anywhere?

BudSooner
8/30/2008, 08:33 PM
Crappy AT&T only has 1 PPV channel and it's showing some stupid replay of a wrestling match !!!!

AT&T crappy? No way.:O

oudivesherpa
8/31/2008, 12:03 PM
Hey, when I called Comcast to complain, there announcement said, "We are experiencing difficulties with channel 595--Oklahoma verus Texas and channel 596--Oklahoma versus Texas A&M." I guess the JV team went to Austin to play the Horns.

I need to cancel cable and get Direct TV.

r5TPsooner
8/31/2008, 12:06 PM
If it makes you feel any better DirecTV was there usual have to jump thru hoops to see the PPV selves last nite too.

bluedogok
8/31/2008, 09:54 PM
That is the first time that I have ever had to call to get the OU PPV in the 10 years that I have had Directv. Most likely is will be the only PPV game this season. In my 10 years I have had to call them maybe 10 times, the Multimedia Cablevision that I had in The Village made me switch to Directv, it was horrible service. I haven't looked back since.

I have really had no problems with Directv, I have NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra innings, there is no way that I would switch to Dish (which my sister in OKC has) or Time Warner Cable (they have a full time Whorn channel) which are the only options here....no Verizon FIOS or AT&T U-Verse, but they don't have NFL-ST anyway.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2008, 11:22 AM
Comcast was great here in Houston. Lost the game at the end of the Boren interview. Lightning must have hit the stadium. Raspberries to Fox for not scrolling the cause of the delay. THey just scrawled technical difficulties and showed some lame *** golf ****. We had to get on the internet to see the radar in OKC and then heard from the OU broadcast of the rain delay.

bluedogok
9/1/2008, 01:20 PM
We had a baseball history show running in its place and a scroll at the bottom of the screen stating the game was in a weather delay. Strange that the Directv version would have that and Comcast wouldn't.

salth2o
9/1/2008, 04:16 PM
Comcast was great here in Houston. Lost the game at the end of the Boren interview. Lightning must have hit the stadium. Raspberries to Fox for not scrolling the cause of the delay. THey just scrawled technical difficulties and showed some lame *** golf ****. We had to get on the internet to see the radar in OKC and then heard from the OU broadcast of the rain delay.

This makes me even more pi$$ed at them. In Humble/Kingwood...nothing but a black screen! :mad:

jrsooner
9/1/2008, 08:48 PM
Houston in Katy was off, and also down in Sugarland. The only good thing about all this is it also affected the horns game, so they couldn't watch either. Backlogs of calls over 2 hrs online and I had to wait close to 30 minutes to get someone.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/2/2008, 08:29 AM
This makes me even more pi$$ed at them. In Humble/Kingwood...nothing but a black screen! :mad:

Sorry to hear that, We in Clear Lake got the game fine, with some lame golf crap added in for the weather delay. So what was Comcast's deal with the service on North and West sides? I'd be pis$ed if Ut wasn't affected and OU was...

BoonesFarmSooner
9/2/2008, 09:12 AM
Didn't get it in Katy and I'm calling Comcast today to cancel my service.... Right after I figure out what I'm going with: DirecTV or Dish.

And need to arrange for bail as Comcast phone answer person will be filing a restraining order against me...

Rogue
9/6/2008, 10:43 PM
BUMP!

Again today, after ordering GAMEPLAN yesterday, Comcast failed me.
No GAMEPLAN, No OU Game, no joy at the Rogue house.
I ended up missing the first quarter jacking around trying to get the game on some internet feeds. Heard BBS on sat radio, but you know how that is.

So, I have lost all faith in Comcast. It's not like it was an accident. Last year and again this week I called no less than 5 times before the game because I had no feed and each time I was assured it would get here shortly until the last call each time when some genius punched a button and realized I wouldn't be getting the game after all and they would refund my money.

Not good enough Comcast. You're going to have to do better than that.
If I have to go to the bar to watch the game on satellite, why don't I just get satellite at my house?