PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wannstedt underwhelms us again

Jacie
8/30/2008, 06:03 PM
Bowling Green upsets No. 25 Pitt, 27-17

Someone please tell me once more, what has he done as a coach that makes him such a hot commodity?

OUstud
8/30/2008, 08:08 PM
Pitt just pisses me off. They go 4-8, yet they have this "world-beater" RB and a failed pro coach and suddenly they're ranked? :rolleyes:

badger
8/30/2008, 10:26 PM
guess who picked the upset? guess who picked the upset?

BADGER PICKED THE UPSET! BADGER PICKED THE UPSET! :D

so...anyways... moving on to week 2... ;)

mdklatt
8/30/2008, 10:30 PM
guess who picked the upset? guess who picked the upset?

BADGER PICKED THE UPSET! BADGER PICKED THE UPSET! :D

Picking Pitt to choke one off is only slightly more impressive than picking Clemson (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118928) to fold. ;)

badger
8/30/2008, 10:33 PM
Picking Pitt to choke one off is only slightly more impressive than picking Clemson (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118928) to fold. ;)

i picked clemson to suck also. it is inevitable that a ranked pitt and a ranked clemson will both suck hardcore. I have been paying attention these past few semesters of Football 101, yknow :D

silverwheels
8/31/2008, 03:13 AM
Pitt had no business being ranked, and Wannstedt has no business being a head coach. They were only ranked because they upset WVU to end the season last year and they have Lesean McCoy. Well, you need a lot more than that to be a top 25 team. Too bad their AD is a moron, too. Same guy who hired Callahan at Nebraska and subsequently sent them down to mediocrity.

MojoRisen
8/31/2008, 08:19 AM
Wannstedt gets the gas this year, that would be a good job to get with the talent he was able to recruit. He is a boo blake caliber coach...

He really sucks -

IronHorseSooner
8/31/2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe he needed to break out the crutches again.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2008, 11:32 AM
He is a boo blake caliber coach...

Gee, what does that mean? Good? Bad?

He really sucks -

Ah ha! Thanks for the clarification.

royalfan5
8/31/2008, 11:52 AM
Pitt had no business being ranked, and Wannstedt has no business being a head coach. They were only ranked because they upset WVU to end the season last year and they have Lesean McCoy. Well, you need a lot more than that to be a top 25 team. Too bad their AD is a moron, too. Same guy who hired Callahan at Nebraska and subsequently sent them down to mediocrity.

It should be noted that Wannstedt turned down Nebraska and recommended Callahan. He was basically the first choice to replace Solich.