PDA

View Full Version : The new "excessive" celebration penalty

achiro
8/30/2008, 03:34 PM
It didn't take long today to see some calls that fit into the catagory of complete and udder B***S***!
This rule really sucks and this is coming from a guy that doesn't like all the chest thumping self promotion crap.

Rogue
8/30/2008, 04:02 PM
"Udder?"

Leroy Lizard
8/30/2008, 04:04 PM
The solution is simple: Watch the 1971 OU/Nebraska game and note how the players act after a touchdown. Act like they do.

achiro
8/30/2008, 04:18 PM
The solution is simple: Watch the 1971 OU/Nebraska game and note how the players act after a touchdown. Act like they do.

Dude sacks QB, jumps up and pumps his fist a couple of times, 15 yard penalty. Thats stupid and takes away from the game.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 04:28 PM
These are kids, celebrating a sack or a TD is almost an involuntary reaction.

God forbid these young men have any fun.

Stupid, stupid rule.

EstablishedSooner1967
8/30/2008, 04:37 PM
I celebration is that of emotion and something football players have done since they were pee wee... is not that bad. Just dont show up the other team.. celebrate with your team just dont draw the attention to yourself.

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 05:15 PM
I don't like the new face mask rule.

Mandibleclaw
8/30/2008, 05:32 PM
Well Desmond Howard's analogy on Gameday was totally racist IMO, he said next thing you know they will say what songs you can have on your Ipod. He said Kenny Chesney was OK but then rattled off about 4 rap artists who wouldn't be ok.

I think the NCAA in its own crude way is trying to address the self promotion and disrespect of opponents during the game, it's judgemental and from our couches we can usually tell the intent of the celebration but officials have to make real time decisions. I don't envy their job but it is a ugliness in college sports that needs to be addressed, the problem is in the how.