PDA

View Full Version : E carolina and VT

jrsooner
8/30/2008, 01:55 PM
1:52 left and Ecarolina just went up by 4!

Now they are saying this isn't an upset because the #17 team has young players. HA!

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 01:58 PM
There goes the game 4 down conversion failed.

jrsooner
8/30/2008, 02:00 PM
Gotta hand it to ECarolina, they hung in there and fought the whole game. VT better watch out when they hit their hard schedule.

Paperclip
8/30/2008, 02:00 PM
I'm slightly enjoying the irony of VT losing on a punt block.

jrsooner
8/30/2008, 02:01 PM
Especially after all the ranting and raving on how great their (VT) special teams are from the announcers this whole game.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 02:03 PM
VT is gonna have a looong season

Rogue
8/30/2008, 02:07 PM
A few announcers called this this morning.
And I thought they were crazy.

royalfan5
8/30/2008, 02:08 PM
This gives me some hope for a 4-0 NU start, because I think that unless VT drastically improves NU will handle them in Lincoln. Of course, Western Michigan could do the same thing to NU tonight, and render this post moot.

Paperclip
8/30/2008, 02:16 PM
Kirk picked ECU over VT and Bowling Green over Pitt.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 02:18 PM
This gives me some hope for a 4-0 NU start, because I think that unless VT drastically improves NU will handle them in Lincoln. Of course, Western Michigan could do the same thing to NU tonight, and render this post moot.
You think Nebraska's better than ECU? Serious question. I look at Nebraska and see a lack of talent and speed. However, I do see them improving under Pelini. Most of the guys that move on from Bob Stoops' staff to become HC's are successful. ;)

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 02:19 PM
And Pitt's down 10 with 5min left in the game.

birddog

i have both of those on my pickem. of course i have some others i won't mention. that's pretty much the way it works.

Paperclip
I'm thinking this Tyrod Taylor redshirting experiment is not going to work. VT's offense is terrible under Glennon.

bluedogok
8/30/2008, 02:21 PM
Sort of poetic justice, isn't it....

royalfan5
8/30/2008, 02:24 PM
You think Nebraska's better than ECU? Serious question. I look at Nebraska and see a lack of talent and speed. However, I do see them improving under Pelini. Most of the guys that move on from Bob Stoops' staff to become HC's are successful. ;)Instead of a neutral site, it will be a full road game for the Hokies, and I think Glennon is enough of a menace to give any game away. Nebraska isn't that good, but they should be able to run the ball, and VT's offensive incompetence may make NU look like they have enough of a real defense to steal one at home. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Western Michigan walked in tonight and beat Nebraska either. I'm just hoping that NU can win 7 this year, because they aren't going to compete for a North title.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 02:26 PM
Instead of a neutral site, it will be a full road game for the Hokies, and I think Glennon is enough of a menace to give any game away. Nebraska isn't that good, but they should be able to run the ball, and VT's offensive incompetence may make NU look like they have enough of a real defense to steal one at home. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Western Michigan walked in tonight and beat Nebraska either. I'm just hoping that NU can win 7 this year, because they aren't going to compete for a North title.
I think NU (the other Big Red) should contend for the North every year in a short period of time.! Good luck this season!