PDA

View Full Version : Is this the least anticipated opener evar?

Blitzkrieg
8/30/2008, 10:02 AM
Granted, its football, and OU football, and that rawks, but damn this oponent is a steaming pile.

No more D1aas, there had to be another option.

illinisooner
8/30/2008, 10:16 AM
Actually, Joe C said if the Mocs didn't accept, they may not have been able to find an opponent. But we all know money talks, so if he offered some decent 1-A team $800,000 or $900,000, it'd be hello opening game vs. Western Michigan.

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 10:19 AM
I went golfing this am in the fog, having coffee now, and gonna take the family out for lunch in a couple hours. Then we'll go by a pound of shrimp, make some queso, have a few folks over and watch the game. The guys will probably play poker while the game is on because it'll be that riveting.

I gave my two tickets two the neighbor boys who have a dad over in Afghanistan fighting the good fight. I hope they actually go to the game and enjoy themselves instead of scalping my tickets.

fadada1
8/30/2008, 10:19 AM
ask michigan if 1AA teams aren't "anticipated".

GottaHavePride
8/30/2008, 10:22 AM
The game's not even on in Kansas. (Except for Dish Network and DirecTV - dammit, I'm on Cox digital; why can't I watch the game???!!!??!)

StoopTroup
8/30/2008, 10:23 AM
ask michigan if 1AA teams aren't "anticipated".

No kidding.

Also...The Mocs gave Arkansas a good game last year too.

I'm anticipating starting this off with a shutout.

So...

You have to find something to get excited and passionate abOUt IMO.

YOU CAN DO IT ! ! !

olevetonahill
8/30/2008, 10:29 AM
How In Holy Hell Can an OU opening game Not Cause ya tinglies ?

setem
8/30/2008, 10:36 AM
I know I got a itch in my britches!

It might be the crabs....OR....SOONER FRIGGEN FOOTBALL BABY!!!

OUHOMER
8/30/2008, 10:38 AM
I know I got a itch in my britches!

It might be the crabs....OR....SOONER FRIGGEN FOOTBALL BABY!!!

I am sure it is the crabs:D

stoopified
8/30/2008, 10:52 AM
ask michigan if 1AA teams aren't "anticipated".The difference is APPY State is a championship caliber 1AA team and UTC is a sucky 1AA team.Kind of like the difference beween playing UT and Kent State,they are in the same division but nowhere near the same caliber programs.

stoopified
8/30/2008, 11:03 AM
In all fairnees though NO team should be taken lightly in the opener I recall a couple of season openers in 1976 and 1977 that EVERYONE regarded as yawners.Turns out Vanderbilt gave us a game in both instances losing in 1976 24-3 and in 1977(when we SHOULD have known better) 25-23.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/30/2008, 11:07 AM
The game's not even on in Kansas. (Except for Dish Network and DirecTV - dammit, I'm on Cox digital; why can't I watch the game???!!!??!)

Same in Dallas. As fired up as I am, it's harder to get excited and anticipate a game that you can't even watch on TV in the comfort of your home. Pisses me off. I'll just consider this a preseason game before the REAL opener against Cincy.

Jacie
8/30/2008, 02:04 PM
In all fairnees though NO team should be taken lightly in the opener I recall a couple of season openers in 1976 and 1977 that EVERYONE regarded as yawners.Turns out Vanderbilt gave us a game in both instances losing in 1976 24-3 and in 1977(when we SHOULD have known better) 25-23.

The Sooners put the ball on the ground a lot that day. That may have been the game that produced the quip for the new stat, pitchouts attempted-pitchouts completed.

bluedogok
8/30/2008, 02:19 PM
Same in Dallas. As fired up as I am, it's harder to get excited and anticipate a game that you can't even watch on TV in the comfort of your home. Pisses me off. I'll just consider this a preseason game before the REAL opener against Cincy.
The funny thing about that is the PPV is offered in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Waco but not by the cablecos in DFW. Just another reason why cable sucks......

SouthCarolinaSooner
8/30/2008, 02:28 PM
Why exactly did North Texas drop us so suddenly?

tulsaoilerfan
8/30/2008, 02:31 PM
The Sooners put the ball on the ground a lot that day. That may have been the game that produced the quip for the new stat, pitchouts attempted-pitchouts completed.

I believe Dean the Dream started both games; in 77 Lott was injured and Dean was pretty bad, so Jay Jimerson actually came in to bail us out

silverwheels
8/30/2008, 02:32 PM
Why exactly did North Texas drop us so suddenly?

It was Middle Tennessee, and they got a bigger paycheck from someone else.

Leroy Lizard
8/30/2008, 04:07 PM
Actually, this has to be the weakest opener for teams in general. A lot of one-sided contests and almost no marquee matchups to be found.

stoopified
8/30/2008, 04:07 PM
The Sooners put the ball on the ground a lot that day. That may have been the game that produced the quip for the new stat, pitchouts attempted-pitchouts completed.:)

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 06:15 AM
domination