PDA

View Full Version : Big XII; Big Screens

rainiersooner
8/30/2008, 12:53 AM
I thought this was an interesting tidbit from the Tulsa World - apparently the four largest stadium screens in college football are found in the Big XII:

Look up: If fans miss an instant replay at OU this year, they can't blame the video board.

The Sooners are now playing under what is believed to be college football's fourth-largest video replay board. The $4.5 million high-definition scoreboard over the south end zone is 113.5 feet wide and 32.5 feet tall (3,689 square feet).

SoonerVision also installed a state-of-the-art sound system and extended the ribbon boards on the upper decks, all of which is run by a $2 million control room under the stadium.

Video boards at Texas, Nebraska and Texas A&M are larger.

yermom
8/30/2008, 01:39 AM
it's bigger than the one at Arkansas?

i'm kinda surprised we didn't make it bigger since it was built after the others

rainiersooner
8/30/2008, 02:32 AM
Full caveat - the source is the Tulsa World. I was surprised too, although I suppose every stadium has certain engineering or architectural limitations.

StoopTroup
8/30/2008, 06:03 AM
it's bigger than the one at Arkansas?

i'm kinda surprised we didn't make it bigger since it was built after the others

No need to be bigger if your better.

Cam
8/30/2008, 07:30 AM
I just hope we don't pull a texas and use 3/4ths of it as advertising space.

Charla
8/30/2008, 07:43 AM
As bad as Nebs been playin' I can't imagine them wanting to see it again.

fadada1
8/30/2008, 07:51 AM
No need to be bigger if your better.

that's what i always say!!!!

utex74
8/31/2008, 12:36 AM
I just hope we don't pull a texas and use 3/4ths of it as advertising space.

They're actually using about a quarter for advertising, the outside border. Sometimes they let it go full screen for certain shots. If they can sell a piece of anything they will. One cool thing added tonight was the board was set up to shoot fireworks and rockets out the sides and top after the national antem and when the team came out. We were surprised and it looked pretty good.

soonerboomer93
8/31/2008, 01:15 AM
I was on the west side, under the deck, so I couldn't see the new board until the end when i moved down some.

very few adds on the board

and they put up brand new lcd's for those under the upperdeck

yermom
8/31/2008, 01:43 AM
they seemed to be having some sync issues with the two halves in the beginning.

i like aTm's a LOT more