PDA

View Full Version : stoops' grammar

ouwapiti
8/29/2008, 01:01 PM
just finished watching inside sooner football with stoops and deano blevins......i've watched this show on fsn since its inception and have noticed for years that stoops' grammar is somewhat embarrassing for a man in his position......someone needs to inform him that 'hisself' and 'theirselves' are not actual words.......i love stoops and live and die with ou football but come on bob.....

Pieces Hit
8/29/2008, 01:04 PM
If that's the way Bob says it then there's a good chance everyone else is wrong and just doesn't know it yet.

ouwapiti
8/29/2008, 01:05 PM
hahahaha

MichiganSooner
8/29/2008, 01:11 PM
"YaKnowAh...Hey...they played a good game; they made plays when they had to; their guy made some good throws; they outcoached us; we were undisciplined; had some stupid penalties; ya gotta give 'em credit. That's the way it goes sometime...yaKnow."

As long as he isn't saying the above too often, I very pleased to have Coach Stoops at OU, grammar and all.

SoonerLB
8/29/2008, 01:12 PM
Considering the grammar levels of the people Bob spends most of his time around, a few of those non-words AIN'T bad! ;)

badger
8/29/2008, 01:12 PM
GRAMMAR POLICE ALERT!

;)

Fugue
8/29/2008, 01:16 PM
I think he understands grammar in a great way.

starrca23
8/29/2008, 01:16 PM
If his grammar got better people would accuse him of spending too much time on grammar and not enough time on football.

badger
8/29/2008, 01:17 PM
I think he understands grammar in a great way.

Stoops be understanding the grammars great.

ouwapiti
8/29/2008, 01:18 PM
badger......so, i'm assuming you embrace grammatical ignorance?????....its probably not your fault though.....i'll bet you grew up in the 'everyone gets a trophy/self esteem' era

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2008, 01:26 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg

JLEW1818
8/29/2008, 01:27 PM
Country Grammar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssjvqOZiaRc

IowaSooner26
8/29/2008, 01:33 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg

Well played. Why do people always come up with something to bitch about. I mean Stoops wins and that is what he was hired to do. It's not like he is the English teacher that after hours goes to coach the football team. If the man wants to start making up words then by god I am going to assume that he knows what the hell he is talking about when he is talking football.

starrca23
8/29/2008, 01:33 PM
badger......so, i'm assuming you embrace grammatical ignorance?????....its probably not your fault though.....i'll bet you grew up in the 'everyone gets a trophy/self esteem' era

;) means he was having fun not attacking. Slow down hot rod.

It's not like he is GW Bush.

On a completely different subject, Obama had some slip ups last night;) , but for some reason I don't think he will get hammered like GW.

Pieces Hit
8/29/2008, 01:40 PM
LEAVE BOB STOOPS ALONE!

http://www.podcastingnews.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/leave-britney-alone-guy.jpg

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 01:43 PM
Well uh, absolutely.

Collier11
8/29/2008, 01:43 PM
who the sh*t cares, he went to college, he is making for cash than all of us...suck it! ;)

IowaSooner26
8/29/2008, 01:49 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9190/gundymadjn1.jpg

snp
8/29/2008, 01:52 PM
Just finished watching Inside Sooner Football with Stoops and Deano Blevins......No ellipsis needed, this isn't even real puntuation since there is 3 periods in an elipsis I 've watched this show on FSN since its inception and have noticed for years that Stoops' grammar is somewhat embarrassing for a man in his position......No ellipsis needed Someone needs to inform him that ''hisself'' and ''theirselves'' are not actual words...I love Stoops and live and die with OU football but come on Bob...

F, see me after class

Scott D
8/29/2008, 02:10 PM
I'd use improper grammar if I did a show with Blevins as well, because it's about the only way he might actually comprehend anything you are saying while he's running pick up lines for the new female intern through his empty skull.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 02:12 PM
F, see me after class

pwnt.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2008, 02:14 PM
Yep

Ground_Attack
8/29/2008, 02:15 PM
F, see me after class

at least "its" was correct :D

birddog
8/29/2008, 02:27 PM
F, see me after class

them there's some fancy learnin's.

Whet
8/29/2008, 02:53 PM
just finished watching inside sooner football with stoops and deano blevins......i've watched this show on fsn since its inception and have noticed for years that stoops' grammar is somewhat embarrassing for a man in his position......someone needs to inform him that 'hisself' and 'theirselves' are not actual words.......i love stoops and live and die with ou football but come on bob.....

You ain't one of them there English majors is you?

Just goes to show you proper King's English is not a necessary part of becoming a successful person, regardless of what your English teacher said.

Where is vet and Dolo when you need them?

Widescreen
8/29/2008, 02:59 PM
Apparently ouwapiti wasn't around during the Blake years.

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 03:00 PM

Just goes to show you proper King's English is not a necessary part of becoming a successful person, regardless of what your English teacher said.

I be rightcher .

Fraggle145
8/29/2008, 03:00 PM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

Havent been able to use this one in a while.

Whet
8/29/2008, 03:05 PM
I see ouwapiti has met professor vet's rendition of "Hammer Time."

That makes everything rightcher! :D

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 03:09 PM
I see ouwapiti has met professor vet's rendition of "Hammer Time."

That makes everything rightcher! :D

The boy did take a fast trip to Bolivia .:D
Talkin grammer smack about Coach, when His own **** stinks to high heaven .:rolleyes:

Fraggle145
8/29/2008, 03:34 PM
The boy did take a fast trip to Bolivia .:D
Talkin grammer smack about Coach, when His own **** stinks to high heaven .:rolleyes:

DON'T BE COMIN ROUND HERE SAYIN YER **** DON"T STINK!!! [hairGel]

piusbovis
8/29/2008, 03:41 PM

Hell, I am an English major and I don't care. We hired Bob to win at foozeball, not teach grade school grammar.

P.S. Bob Stoops says if you don't like it you can kiss his dangling modifiers.

1890MilesToNorman
8/29/2008, 03:53 PM
Yup, this here's foosball, it ain't not NASS'r when they throw them rockets into space. The only twho letters he be a understandin is a X and yer O's. And yer desiplin begin wiff Bob's boot.

(Spell check choked on this post)

Jello Biafra
8/29/2008, 04:14 PM

dear fug.....(nm i have to be nice)

keep yer thoughts to yourself....
now, bathe me with your tongue

ps...i have included a pic of me

http://parangaricutirimicuaro.blogspot.com/hairy_back.jpg

seriously....you're here talking about grammar?

man, that hurt putting that post together. please tell me i will be allowed to be myself when texas weekend is upon us?

sooner94
8/29/2008, 04:17 PM
I would love to see someone in the media correct Stoops' grammar in a press conference. That would be PRICELESS.

Media: Coach, did you mean to say himself instead of hisself?

Stoops: [volcano erupting]

Collier11
8/29/2008, 04:22 PM

You can't even puncuate or write complete sentences, do you really have nothing better to do?

Collier11
8/29/2008, 04:25 PM

Must be Leroy Lizards brother

Collier11
8/29/2008, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=sooner94;2377139]I would love to see someone in the media correct Stoops' grammar in a press conference. That would be PRICELESS.

Media: Coach, did you mean to say himself instead of hisself?

Stoops: "Ill womp your azz in a good way"

FIXED!

StoopTroup
8/29/2008, 04:30 PM
Can this be moved to the "Testing Area"?

I believe it's full of fail.

It can serve as a good example of fail there IMO.

badger
8/29/2008, 05:09 PM
I don't need to defend myself, it appears, as someone has already negged him or orangedom.

But, this thread really cracked me up, so I hope you give n00b another chance. He obviously meant well but went about it the wrong way by attacking my intended sarcasm - I know that not everyone gets my humor, but that's why we have police to enforce such message board fun. You know, sensitivity police, n00b police, omgwtfkplzthx police...

Yes, thread sucks, but I luled. :)

picasso
8/29/2008, 05:16 PM
my brother in law played football for Arizona State back in the day and he my sis currently live in Houston. a few years ago they attended an awards ceremony with the Houston Athletic Club and sat at the ASU table. Coach Stoops spoke on behalf of Tommie Harris and Mack Brown spoke for I forget who from UT.

anywho, my bro in law stated that Mack was the best spoken and worst coach there and Stoops was the worst spoken and best coach there.

I have no problem with that.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2008, 05:18 PM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

Havent been able to use this one in a while.

you haven't been reading the board enough then.

NYC Poke
8/29/2008, 05:23 PM
How is his conjugation?

Blitzkrieg
8/29/2008, 05:24 PM
Bleavins: Coach, fans talk about the losses to Boise and Wet Virgina, they say you aren't hungry anymore and that you are content winning the Big 12?

Stoops: They say what? "Truss meh Bredrens, I'm off the yellzabob bout winnin' the NCEEEEEE," he says, "the G's are gonna love me! Watch dis"

FlatheadSooner
8/29/2008, 06:41 PM
Me not really care how da man talk, but how da man walk.
:cool:

Bob be walkin tawl.

goingoneight
8/29/2008, 10:25 PM
F, see me after class

Uh-oh... it's on now... :eek:

:D

What coach doesn't f*ck up something here and there? Switzer cursed a lot and " 'me tellya sumthin' " isn't exactly proper English either. Quit bedowngrading him... [hairGel]

I mean, because by large, in all honestly and quite frankly... Pat Jones screws up a lot. Lou Holshtlkjsdf.kasnhflkjz screwth upth all deh time.

Hey, when Stoops speaks on something... more often than not... he's right on. I'll take a guy who knows what he's doing anyday over a guy who is a dick to the fans ad media and is full of nothing more than hot air... going 3-9 after getting a multi-million dollar raise.

SoFla Sooner
8/29/2008, 10:35 PM
Okay....you couldn't possibly have started this thread because you give a crap about Bob Stoops grammar......so why DID you start it?:pop:

Fraggle145
8/29/2008, 10:39 PM
you haven't been reading the board enough then.

I have I just didnt want to rubber stamp it on every I hate Obama, I hate McCain thread.

And every football thread should be taken with a grain of salt until the season starts :D.

Piware
8/29/2008, 10:55 PM
OUwapiti's punishment is listening to an endless loop of Les Miles interviews.
Who even knew if his grammar was good/bad?:D

rainiersooner
8/29/2008, 11:48 PM
Coach Stoops spoke on behalf of Tommie Harris and Mack Brown spoke for I forget who from UT.

Don't you mean to say:

Coach Stoops spoke on behalf of Tommie Harris. Mack Brown spoke on behalf of someone; I forget whom.

A Sooner in Texas
8/29/2008, 11:59 PM
This is the very first time I've ever heard anyone talk smack about Bob's speaking and I live in Texas, where they'd jump on him for having a hangnail.

Wapiti, you can run as fast as your namesake but the red spek will hunt you down.

Sirus
8/30/2008, 06:03 AM
F, see me after class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouwapiti View Post
Just finished watching Inside Sooner Football with Stoops and Deano Blevins......No ellipsis needed, this isn't even real puntuation since there is 3 periods in an elipsis I 've watched this show on FSN since its inception and have noticed for years that Stoops' grammar is somewhat embarrassing for a man in his position......No ellipsis needed Someone needs to inform him that ''hisself'' and ''theirselves'' are not actual words...I love Stoops and live and die with OU football but come on Bob...
F, see me after class

From Google:
Did you mean: punctuation

SoonerBacker
8/30/2008, 06:46 AM
I'm not going to complain about the grammar of a football coach when national and local news anchors screw the language up regularly. He gets paid to coach football games. They get paid to speak the language properly, and they don't do it. Let the coach do his job and worry about those who are on tv every night butchering the language. Example of a national news anchor screwing it up that I heard just recently: "There's many reasons for this phenomenon........" NO! There ARE many reasons! Not there IS many reasons.........

Youngsooner
8/30/2008, 09:25 AM
Tell Les Miles that its ArkanSAW not AR-Kansas :-) Les Miles smells of bad grammar

wh00t

stoopified
8/30/2008, 09:40 AM
GRAMMAR POLICE ALERT!

;)Exactly.I think people have to be awful bored to worry about proper grammar instead of talkin' FOOTBALL. :)

SouthFortySooner
8/30/2008, 10:45 AM
This post was full of elk dung. Why was Bob Stoop's selected to speak along with Giuliani, Ziglar, Forbes. idiot

Jello Biafra
8/30/2008, 10:48 AM
Exactly.I think people have to be awful bored to worry about proper grammar instead of talkin' FOOTBALL. :)

it's all water under the dam now :D .....almost 11 on saturday in the fall... its on.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 12:50 PM
He's a frickin football coach dude!!! BTW, talk to Iowa about his grammer, he didn't go to school here.

Scott D
8/30/2008, 05:56 PM
Tell Les Miles that its ArkanSAW not AR-Kansas :-) Les Miles smells of bad grammar

wh00t

negative, it is Ar-kansas :D

Animal Mother
8/30/2008, 09:15 PM

Hold on. Wait. Ummmm.... I'm not sure..... yeah....

SHUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!