PDA

View Full Version : She's going to be a great Vp for McCain sorry my shift-p doesn't work.

Pages : [1] 2 3

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 08:12 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Palin1.JPG/225px-Palin1.JPG

swardboy
8/29/2008, 08:15 AM
VP with John McCain...if so, this is huge. Even Bob Beckel is touting her as a brilliant choice.

Gov. Of Alaska
Pro-Life....gave birth to downs syndrome baby this summer, knowing it would be a downs syndrome baby
Pro-Gun...she's an avid hunter
Pro-drilling at Anwar and other reserves in Alaska
Reformist platform as candidate for governor....she's "clean"
As far from Washington as you can get

Game changer.....

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 08:19 AM
She kinda looks like the woman who used to do the Weekend Report skits on SNL.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 08:21 AM
She don't like Big Oil too much.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 08:22 AM
No candidate is perfect.

I'd rather look at her than Mr. Hair Plugs.

swardboy
8/29/2008, 08:25 AM
Political reformer
Hunter
Pro-Life
Handles sassy opponents with ease in debates
Smart as a whip
WOMAN...!!

Brilliant pick

Jerk
8/29/2008, 08:30 AM
And a M.I.L.F.!

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 08:42 AM
there goes the "Obama is too inexperienced" argument.

Harry Beanbag
8/29/2008, 08:43 AM
Well, she's no Joe Biden.

:)

Harry Beanbag
8/29/2008, 08:44 AM
No, not really. Obama is too inexperienced. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 08:45 AM
I'd PIITB.

Hell, I'd PIIT Anywhere.

proud gonzo
8/29/2008, 09:05 AM
I'm all for Michael Palin as vice president, but I thought the VP had to be American :confused:

Jerk
8/29/2008, 09:06 AM
STFU you peons!

FyEqyYUGk4I

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 09:19 AM
The only problem I can foresee is Biden totally owning her *** in the VP debates...

yermom
8/29/2008, 09:29 AM
She kinda looks like the woman who used to do the Weekend Report skits on SNL.

i think it's the glasses

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/tina-fey-30-rock.jpg

Jerk
8/29/2008, 09:30 AM

Hell, she has more executive experience as a governor than McCain, Obama, and Biden, all put together.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 09:33 AM
No candidate is perfect.

I'd rather look at her than Mr. Hair Plugs.

Or as I like to call him, the Plagiarer in Chief...

And she is better to look at...

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 09:33 AM
FNC is reporting it as confirmed now.

I think this a really solid choice.
PRO LIFE
PRO DRILLING
PRO GUNS
ANTI-WASHINGTON
CONSERVATIVE
HOCKEY MOM
HAWT WOMAN!!!

Teh awesome thing is that JSM's announcing in the town where I grew up and the very building where I graduated from high school.

She's got my vote...and teh wife is actually excited too.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 09:34 AM
The only problem I can foresee is Biden totally owning her *** in the VP debates...

I doubt that, she is tough, smart and witty. The Plagiarer in Chief will come off looking like the bully he is...

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 09:35 AM
Hope you're right THA...but my only concern is that this is gonna be a Bentsen/Quayle debate.

BudSooner
8/29/2008, 09:38 AM
Sounds like it is Sarah, good choice.

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 09:40 AM
FNC is reporting it as confirmed now.

I think this a really solid choice. More to come later.

Teh awesome thing is that JSM's announcing in the town where I grew up and the very building where I graduated from high school.

I'm not too familiar with her really. I'm gonna have to read up on her if this is his VP pick.
All I know is that after Obama's performance last night, McCain better come into next week w/the guns blazing and some great (and new) things to say.

I plan to vote for Mc, but I want to see the guy step up the game some. Obama really put on a show last night and he is, (as even us conservatives agree on this I think), an excellent speaker. So I'm ready to see McCain put his show on and impress me more than he ever has.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 09:41 AM
With boobies?

YOU'RE NO JACK KENNEDY.

No kidding. Check out my cans.

WIN.

MrJimBeam
8/29/2008, 09:41 AM
National Review had some really nice articles on her.

Good choice. Not great, but good.

She's an Alaska conservative which makes her an conservationist AND a proponent of hunters rights.

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 09:42 AM
And so far from what I've learned about this possible VP choice. I'm excited

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 09:49 AM
Hope you're right THA...but my only concern is that this is gonna be a Bentsen/Quayle debate.

See, you're being all analytical and stuff, like they taught you in OCS and the School of Meteorology. You need to get past that stuff (and Fwed Cahh / Howie Bluestein) and look at it from the airman perspective.

Old guy with bad hair job being mean to a fairly hawt woman with bewbies that fights back. Add a couple of beers somewhere in there and you got a landslide in the making for McCain...

Plus, she has been sounding tough on Big Oil in Alaska, she has kids, what's there to jab at?

Mandibleclaw
8/29/2008, 09:50 AM
Just saw this on the TVs, big big gamble by the Republicans. I think it's gonna hurt them when the scenario of she is a heart beat away from the presidency is brought up because she has even less experience than Obama.

Anyhoo, back to the books.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 09:51 AM
See, you're being all analytical and stuff, like they taught you in OCS. You need to get past that stuff and look at it from the airman perspective.

Old guy with bad hair job being mean to a fairly hawt woman with bewbies that fights back. Add a couple of beers somewhere in there and you got a landslide in the making for McCain...

Plus, she has been sounding tough on Big Oil in Alaska, she has kids, what's there to jab at?

Just think what happens to Biden if the debate is on that special time of the month for her? That's when we'll see her real claws come out, lol.:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2008, 09:52 AM
I just merged the three threads about this.

Don't get shook, people. Just trying to keep the discussion in one place for everyone posting and reading.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 09:53 AM
I just merged the three threads about this.

Don't get shook, people. Just trying to keep the discussion in one place for everyone posting and reading.

Thank you. That makes navigating thru the threads much easier now.:)

Jerk
8/29/2008, 09:53 AM
Just saw this on the TVs, big big gamble by the Republicans. I think it's gonna hurt them when the scenario of she is a heart beat away from the presidency is brought up because she has even less experience than Obama.

She has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain, all put together.

picasso
8/29/2008, 09:54 AM

only if it's a whining contest.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 09:54 AM
She has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain, all put together.

Yes, but she's not a God like The Obama.:rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2008, 09:56 AM
She's a naughty librarian. ;)

Mandibleclaw
8/29/2008, 09:56 AM
Not to sound like a cynic, but do any of you think picking her had alot to do with hoping to steal some dis-enfranchised women who voted for Hillary?

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 09:58 AM
Not to sound like a cynic, but do any of you think picking her had alot to do with hoping to steal some dis-enfranchised women who voted for Hillary?

Chess is a game of strategy and thought.

Checkmate.

picasso
8/29/2008, 09:59 AM

wow, you mean the media is questioning his choice? I'm amazed.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:00 AM
wow, you mean the media is questioning his choice? I'm amazed.

Just like you geniuses questioning the Democrats choice.

Pieces Hit
8/29/2008, 10:01 AM
And she doesn't own a home either.

That's a plus.

picasso
8/29/2008, 10:01 AM
Just like you geniuses questioning the Democrats choice.

I'm not supposed to be an unbiased news person. get the difference?

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:06 AM
I'm not supposed to be an unbiased news person. get the difference?

Click on three different news channels and you'll get three different opinions.

Fox News will be falling all over themselves at what a great pick this is

MSNBC will be laughing at what a bad pick this is

CNN will be talking to the guy picking up the trash at Mile High Stadium asking him what he thinks of the pick.

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:07 AM
Gotta lova a woman that can hold a Salmon.

http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalinfish.jpg

http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalin.htm

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:08 AM
Another thing that is interesting, 3 of the 4 ppl running will have kids in Iraq or Afganistan. I think that is good personally.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 10:08 AM
Heh, CNBC so far loves this pick.

I don't understand how she's going to attack big oil by opening up ANWR to them...

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:10 AM
Red X is a helluva drug.

I gotcha, Tuba.

http://livingalaska.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah_palin2.jpg

OklahomaTuba
This is actually horrible news for Biden.

Biden is aggressive, and if he starts attacking Palin during the debates, The One can kiss the sisterhood of the traveling pants suits good bye.

SoonerStormchaser
She's been open to ANWR, but with HUGE constraints on big oil as to how they drill...and their environmental impact.

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:11 AM
And, she had WAY more experience than The One has.

Not even close really.

Veritas
8/29/2008, 10:12 AM
Well, that and not being a marxist.

picasso
8/29/2008, 10:14 AM
Click on three different news channels and you'll get three different opinions.

Fox News will be falling all over themselves at what a great pick this is

MSNBC will be laughing at what a bad pick this is

CNN will be talking to the guy picking up the trash at Mile High Stadium asking him what he thinks of the pick.
please man. the balance is wayyy off. I know you leftys like to joke about it but the difference is quite obvious. and, I'm not even talking about the wire services (you really want to argue that?).
again, the spin I saw from CBS and NBC (nbc has decided to go all out on the left) is that McCain's choice is a gamble!!!

now, I have no problem with commmentators being opinionated BUT news people are not supposed to act in such ways. belch.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 10:14 AM

Marxism is the teh new Democarat.

picasso
8/29/2008, 10:15 AM

well, that part is important.:)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 10:18 AM
Gotta lova a woman that can hold a Salmon.

http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalinfish.jpg

http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalin.htm

And not think it icky and gross and stuff... Not worried about fish sline and scales...

Jerk
8/29/2008, 10:18 AM
Atothemother***in.....R15

http://i33.tinypic.com/wk5sih.jpg

OU4LIFE
8/29/2008, 10:19 AM
wow.

I wonder how many of the women voters this will pull? I mean srsly, with McCains health, there's a VERY realistic chance she's CIC inside of 4 years.

I like the move.

JohnnyMack

Not even close really.

Yes, her time on the Wasilla city council speaks volumes.

SoonerStormchaser
We need a photo op shot of her with Aahnuld!

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:20 AM

Biden is aggressive, and if he starts attacking Palin during the debates, The One can kiss the sisterhood of the traveling pants suits good bye.

Way to marginalize all women.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:20 AM
Get your elbows in, Sarah! Stable shooting platform!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 10:21 AM
Heh, CNBC so far loves this pick.

I don't understand how she's going to attack big oil by opening up ANWR to them...

She hasn't opened up ANWR yet. She is being very tough in negotiations regarding current leases and is pushing a pipeline through for Gas in Alaska to get to markets. If you have an interest in Petroleum/Gas, you would know that there are two major pipeline routes planned. One in Alaska and the other in Canada. The first one built will have the upper hand in getting trapped gas resourses to market. She is pushing hard to kep Alaska in the mix on that, while the Canada route is stalled. Savy - I would say.

Jerk
8/29/2008, 10:21 AM
Yes, her time on the Wasilla city council speaks volumes.

Probably equal to Barry's 146 days as a Senator.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 10:22 AM

Nah, she actually showed up for work.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:22 AM
Atothemother***in.....R15

As opposed to this wanker.

http://obamarama.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/john-kerry-hunting-4.jpg

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:23 AM

Probably. But Tuba will be acting like she's Ronald Reagan's daughter by lunchtime.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 10:23 AM
Way to marginalize all women.

But its true!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 10:24 AM
Nah, she actually showed up for work.

And probably voted rather than "present"...

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 10:25 AM
Probably. But Tuba will be acting like she's Ronald Reagan's daughter by lunchtime.

Like he's not already.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:27 AM
Can we please get away from all this stupid talk of voting record and policy stances and get back to the IMPORTANT stuff like boobies and how hard you'd hit it?

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 10:27 AM
Can we please get away from all this stupid talk of voting record and policy stances and get back to the IMPORTANT stuff like boobies and how hard you'd hit it?

They're Dems...they always dance around the important issues ;)

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 10:28 AM

In...literally.

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:28 AM
And probably voted rather than "present"...

Present.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:30 AM
I heard her brother lives in an igloo, on 1 dollar a month.

Mandibleclaw
8/29/2008, 10:32 AM
I would let her be my Mrs. Robinson but one step from the presidency does cause me some concern. I'm sure this choice will energize some and cause others to question. A Romney selection would made more sense to me, it just looks too pandering by nominating this woman.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:33 AM
By Tuba's logic if McCorpse is mean to Obama during the debate, all the black Republicans will vote for Obama.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:35 AM
By Tuba's logic if McCorpse is mean to Obama during the debate, all the black Republicans will vote for Obama.

If Maobama is mean to Sarah Palin, I will personally PUNCH. HIS. FACE.

You're so owned, and you know it.

SoonerRedHead
8/29/2008, 10:35 AM

As opposed to this wanker.

http://obamarama.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/john-kerry-hunting-4.jpg

Wow, great contrast between know how, and Pichokeo.

Gov. Palin is a fabulous pick, and will be a slam dunk VP OR President!

Jerk
8/29/2008, 10:37 AM
I heard her brother lives in an igloo, on 1 dollar a month.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long long time.

I'm hurting!!!

LAAAAMOOO!

Condescending Sooner

They are all voting for him anyway. Remember Colin Powell and JC Watts?

OklahomaTuba

Like 99% of black people aren't going to vote for The One anyway?

Its the woman that have been burned bad by the donks this time around. I feel this could turn the election.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:38 AM

Way to marginalize all black people.

You're on a roll today.

Jerk
8/29/2008, 10:40 AM
I'm still laughing, damnit.

MrJimBeam

I think he can afford to lose 5 votes.

OklahomaTuba
Way to marginalize all black people.

You're on a roll today.

Its just fact, thats all. All one has to do it look at the polls.

Doesn't mean its a bad thing, just a historic moment for a certain group. I think thats OK personnally.

OU4LIFE
8/29/2008, 10:41 AM
I'd like to hear Froz' take on this.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 10:41 AM

Its the woman that have been burned bad by the donks this time around. I feel this could turn the election.

Something tells me a lot of the Hillary disciples are not going to like Palin's ideals.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:43 AM
Something tells me a lot of the Hillary disciples are not going to like Palin's ideals.

No, just ask Tuba, women can't think for themselves, they just blindly vote for the vagina.

Jerk
8/29/2008, 10:43 AM

Yeah, she decided not to abort her down syndrome baby. That'll hurt.

OU4LIFE
8/29/2008, 10:44 AM
No, just ask Tuba, women can't think for themselves, they just blindly vote for the vagina.

me too.

OU4LIFE
8/29/2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah, she decided not to abort her down syndrome baby. That'll hurt.

you vote for the peener.

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2008, 10:45 AM
Well, let's tap the brakes a bit.

For one, this kind of renders the 'Obama is too inexperienced' meme from the McCain camp moot. Or at the very least, not nearly as strong as it might have been before this pick. Sure, Palin's not the one running for President now, but she's still a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

She hasn't served that long and with all due respect to Alaskans like Froze, it's one thing to be the governor of a state like Alaska. It's quite another to be a Senator from Illinois.

Still think it's a strong pick though that was clearly done to target former Hillary supporters. McCain could have played it safe and gone with Mitt Romney. But I think there's enough disenfranchised Hillary supporters to swing this election towards McCain.

mdklatt
8/29/2008, 10:45 AM
18 pages.

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:46 AM

At the end of the day, this is probably true.

But the donks have to be really careful here. They go to far in trying to attack Palin, its gonna push that last button for a lot of them I suspect.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 10:47 AM
you vote for the peener.

MEATGAZER

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2008, 10:51 AM
For one, this kind of renders the 'Obama is too inexperienced' meme from the McCain camp moot.

Not really.

In fact, I think it makes it worse for The One, since the youngest person on both tickets has twice the experience in Gubment then he has.

A "community activest" vs a town mayor?? Not. Even. Close.

Also, the clips from the nominiation process of Biden, Hillary and even Obama telling voters The ONE doesn't have enough experience won't help either.

Obama's screwed on the experience thing, no matter what anyone does. Thats why he picked Plugs as his mate, who has been in the Senate since Nixon was prez.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:55 AM
Also, the clips from the nominiation process of Biden, Hillary and even Obama telling voters The ONe doesn't have enough experience won't help either.

Part of the reason McCain chickened out on taking Romney (other than Romney belonging to a cult) was Romney was too hard on McCain in the earlier debates. McCain wanted Lieberman. They wouldn't let him choose him, going as far as having Karl Rove call JL and asking him to remove himself from consideration. McCain wanted Ridge. That went over like a fart in church. McCain then wanted Kay Bailey Hutchison. Nope. Not gonna happen. He kept trying to select moderate pro-choice people in his own image but the RNC won out. When it was clear that Pawlenty was too boring and Thune's antics with the Gang of 10 eliminated him as a choice they picked Palin.

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 10:56 AM
I'm all for Michael Palin as vice president, but I thought the VP had to be American :confused:

She was borned in Ideho dont that make her merican ? ;)

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2008, 11:04 AM
I'd like to hear Froz' take on this.

She's been a nice contrast from the last Republican governor, Frank Murkowski.

Not sure how she's anti-Big Oil when her husband works for bp. I've never gotten the impression she's not friendly to Big Oil.

Under ethics investigation right now, which probably won't come to anything.

Husband's a nice guy from most reports of people I know who play basketball with him (Wasilla's a pretty small town.)

Mandibleclaw
8/29/2008, 11:10 AM
Biden will own her in the debates, without having to attack her. The Republicans gave up their biggest criticism of Obama by picking her IMO.

swardboy
8/29/2008, 11:11 AM
Obama campaign has wisely dissed small towns by referring to her being mayor of a town of 9,000.......

swardboy
8/29/2008, 11:11 AM
She has more experience than Obama...

Widescreen
8/29/2008, 11:12 AM
Biden will own her in the debates, without having to attack her. The Republicans gave up their biggest criticism of Obama by picking her IMO.

Yes, we get it. You don't like the choice. Move along.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2008, 11:13 AM

Cool, new troll on board, welcome.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 11:18 AM
I don't have a problem with the choice really. I think she'd be fine.

What I disagree with, and I know they didn't ask me, is that if you're going to go with a "who's that?" pick, why didn't you do it back before the Olympics? Why not roll her out a month ago and let America learn about her, let her get her feet wet on a national level and then roll into the convention? If McCain selects Romney or some other known quantity I don't think it's necessary to make the announcement early, but I'd be willing to bet that if you walked into a Wal-Mart in any city in Oklahoma yesterday and asked, "Who is Sarah Palin?" 90%+ of the people wouldn't know. The election is only 2 months away and I wonder if it's enough time to get her name out there.

BudSooner
8/29/2008, 11:19 AM
Aw, ****...Mac has some Van Hagar playing as his music at the speech....he's so doomed.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 11:20 AM
Great Choice by McCain.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 11:22 AM

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2008, 11:25 AM
but I'd be willing to bet that if you walked into a Wal-Mart in any city in Oklahoma yesterday and asked, "Who is Sarah Palin?" 90%+ of the people wouldn't know. The election is only 2 months away and I wonder if it's enough time to get her name out there.

Fair point.

I honestly think the timing of it was such to try and blunt whatever convention bounce Obama would gain by his acceptance speech yesterday. Which from this right-leaning POV was a strong speech. They also hit a home run with the setting from a political impact.

But enough praising of Obama ;)

I don't think it will take that long for Palin to be vetted nationally as it is. And like Soonerscuba said last week, it's not like our nation necessarily takes a candidate's VP selection that seriously when stepping into the voting booth and pulling the lever or hitting the big red button on the Diebold machine.

Unless that person is an absolute f***ing disaster.

Sooner02
8/29/2008, 11:26 AM
Who the hell is she? What a dull choice, not even national leaders know who she is.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2008, 11:28 AM
"She's a M.I.L.F and PRO DRILLING!"

schweet!

Pricetag
8/29/2008, 11:31 AM
Obama campaign has wisely dissed small towns by referring to her being mayor of a town of 9,000.......
This is the kind of crap that I hate the most about politics. If time of experience is such a huge deal, then how is scale of experience is not a valid point, as well? Instead, we change the subject--"OOOOOOOH, Obama dissed the small towns! He hates small towns!"

Veritas
8/29/2008, 11:40 AM
What I disagree with, and I know they didn't ask me, is that if you're going to go with a "who's that?" pick, why didn't you do it back before the Olympics?
IMO it's a naked attempt to steal the spotlight the morning after. He's probably hoping to counter the bump BHO is going to get from his speechifying last nite.

The Maestro
8/29/2008, 11:44 AM
I plan on voting for McCain, but not crazy about the choice. As far as experience, okay fine...but Governor of Alaska--doesn't that rival mayor of Tulsa or something? I mean, 200K people or so...just sayin'.

If experience matters to you, I'd say she doesn't have a whole lot that rivals a heartbeat away from President of the most powerful nation in the world. I agree Obama doesn't either, but I think I would have gone another direction.

busynothings
8/29/2008, 11:45 AM
Not really. What can you say that Obama has accomplished in his time in the Senate or any of his other elected offices, other than running for President?

Now compare that to the list of things she's accomplished in office.

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 11:45 AM
Solid choice that will bring MUCH publicity to the race.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8060/mccainnp0.jpg

Nice :pop:

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 11:46 AM
Well I watched her speech. She wants change.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 11:48 AM
This pick does so many thing for McCain, an Executive, a Mother, she'll cut into some of Hillary's support, it takes some of the "make history for history's sake" voters. There's more too.

Obama making fun of small towns and her lack of experience is almost a joke. The pick has already made him make mistakes in his response.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 11:51 AM
I find it strange that, so far, I like her a lot more than I like McCain. She's easy on the eyes, too.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 11:53 AM
Also, as Obama makes his defense that he has plenty of experience to be Prez, he'll also be makeing her case. Nice.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 11:57 AM
Also, as Obama makes his defense that he has plenty of experience to be Prez, he'll also be makeing her case. Nice.
And you can take the other side of the debate and say that it pretty much takes McCain's experience selling point off the table.

Wishboned
8/29/2008, 12:07 PM
I wonder if I'm too old to be a vice presidential intern?

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 12:11 PM
And you can take the other side of the debate and say that it pretty much takes McCain's experience selling point off the table.
Not really, she's not running for President he is. Also, she actually has MORE experience than Barack does on domestic issues.

Also, she's got executive experience, Barack doesn't

Sooner02
8/29/2008, 12:15 PM
Mccain, who wants to be chief executive also has no executive experience.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 12:16 PM

Neither do Obama or Biden.

sooner n houston
8/29/2008, 12:20 PM
I think she is a great pick! Brilliant move, announcing right after the convention, picking a woman. Those Hillary supporters will at least take at look at her as an alternative. Her conservative credentials make that side of the party happy. Good pick, much better than I had feared Mc would make.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 12:26 PM

I can see how the argument would state it doesn't compare to the POTUS, but being a Navy Captain and being in charge of a fighter wing oughta count for something, I'd think.

Not Dwight D. Eisenhower something, but something. Something more than both Obama AND Biden can claim.

pergdaddy
8/29/2008, 12:27 PM
To whoever said quit saying Obama doesn't like small towns, well, he doesn't. He never once came into the Ohio Valley (where I live). Not once. He stayed in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, where the big money is. He doesn't care about our vote and making sure he shows us that he is at least listening, he's just trying to make enough money to get through the elections.

BTW, Hillary was here in the Valley once, Bill twice, McCain is here for the next two days. Where's the Obamadible Hulk at?

I normally vote Democratic when it comes to president, but I don't know if I can do it, as much as I like Biden. I'm moving beyond the party lines (which I have never voted along party lines) and voting for the person least likely to screw the country up more. I know that is wrong, but I don't know what else to do. I guess the debates became extremely important to me.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 12:29 PM
Those Hillary supporters will at least take at look at her as an alternative. Her conservative credentials make that side of the party happy.

That kinda cancels each other out. No?

Pricetag
8/29/2008, 12:36 PM
To whoever said quit saying Obama doesn't like small towns, well, he doesn't. He never once came into the Ohio Valley (where I live). Not once. He stayed in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, where the big money is. He doesn't care about our vote and making sure he shows us that he is at least listening, he's just trying to make enough money to get through the elections.

BTW, Hillary was here in the Valley once, Bill twice, McCain is here for the next two days. Where's the Obamadible Hulk at?

I have no problem with you saying that for the reasons you're saying it. My problem is with the folks who would rake Obama over the coals over his experience temporally, and then when he questions the scope of Palin's experience, accuse him of dissing small towns instead of answering the question. I hate that stuff--its what the kids who weren't too clever did in debate class, and is far too great a part of politics today. We have to be able to see through that stuff so that they'll stop trying it.

I normally vote Democratic when it comes to president, but I don't know if I can do it, as much as I like Biden. I'm moving beyond the party lines (which I have never voted along party lines) and voting for the person least likely to screw the country up more. I know that is wrong, but I don't know what else to do. I guess the debates became extremely important to me.

That is not wrong. It is extremely right. If more people would do that, we'd be in a lot better shape. And that includes not voting for either of the dudes if they haven't earned your vote.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 12:54 PM
http://members.cox.net/firemanat25s/cleggposter.jpg

Echoes
8/29/2008, 12:57 PM
She has more experience than Obama...

The point isn't who has more experience out of the two. The point is, both are inexperienced compared to others. It really does nullify the point of Obama's experience issue. She might have more experience, but its marginal. Marginal enough that when speaking of experience, the two would be lumped together in the same category.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 12:59 PM
For the love of all that's holy, that's gotta be the five-thousandth Billy Joe Clegg joke I've dropped on this board.

FOR NOTHING.

Unwashed heathens. :P

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2008, 01:02 PM
Man, I sure am glad she's not ugly.

SoonerJack
8/29/2008, 01:02 PM

Sister of the traveling pants suits....:D

"clean up in office 711. we have a dr. pepper/monitor and keyboard spew"

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2008, 01:06 PM
Sister of the traveling pants suits....:D

"clean up in office 711. we have a dr. pepper/monitor and keyboard spew"

You realize that Homey got that from Hillary, right?

Echoes
8/29/2008, 01:19 PM
I have no problem with you saying that for the reasons you're saying it. My problem is with the folks who would rake Obama over the coals over his experience temporally, and then when he questions the scope of Palin's experience, accuse him of dissing small towns instead of answering the question. I hate that stuff--its what the kids who weren't too clever did in debate class, and is far too great a part of politics today. We have to be able to see through that stuff so that they'll stop trying it.

Same here, same here. Gotta get used to stuff like that around here though ;)

NormanPride
8/29/2008, 01:22 PM
Man, I sure am glad she's not ugly.

Is it funny watching the boys so blatantly do exactly what they criticized you girls of doing when you voted for Kennedy and Clinton? :)

I of course do not mean to imply that ALL women voted for Kennedy and Clinton.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2008, 01:31 PM
Is it funny watching the boys so blatantly do exactly what they criticized you girls of doing when you voted for Kennedy and Clinton? :)

I think it's pretty safe to say that all the pervs on the board calling Palin a M.I.L.F. and so forth, would screw a hole in a wall if given the opportunity.

NormanPride
8/29/2008, 01:36 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that all the pervs on the board calling Palin a M.I.L.F. and so forth, would screw a hole in a wall if given the opportunity.

That may be the case, but it still means their hormones are affecting their judgment of a candidate. It's nature, is all. I think she's pretty, too. :O

mdklatt
8/29/2008, 01:36 PM

You're just implying that those that did based their vote entirely on looks? :pop:

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 01:40 PM

Heh.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 01:42 PM
Serious question. If John McCain got elected and had a heart attack next March, would you be comfortable with Palin running the show?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 01:44 PM
If she did it naked.

Yes.

NormanPride
8/29/2008, 01:47 PM
You're just implying that those that did based their vote entirely on looks? :pop:

I'm implying that's what they were accused of, yes.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 01:47 PM
I like Palin...a lot. She's a legitimate conservative, and I just wish she were at the top of the ticket instead of the #2. Having said that, I still won't vote for McCain but Palin is almost enough for me to change my mind.

This "experience" issue is such utter and total nonsense. There have been a lot of great Presidents who had very little experience, so I consider it a very secondary qualification to good judgment and sound ideology.

Both the Democrats and Republicans are, arguably, pretty equal as far as experience goes. Each have a fresh face newcomer combined with someone who has been around awhile. If I were the McCain camp then I would argue the lack of experience is more profound in the Obama camp since it's the Presidential candidate himself who lacks the experience as opposed to the Republican's VEEP candidate.

I also think it's a VERY VERY bad mistake for the Obama camp to dismiss Palin's term as mayor of a "town of only 9k people." Obama has had enough trouble in the past when he appeared condescending toward small-town Americans. I think that's partly responsible for while his poll numbers aren't better than they are. It doesn't do him much good to compound the problem by dismissing someone from a small-town. It makes him look elitist and makes her look like a typical American that can be identified with.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 01:48 PM
Also, she's hot.

KC//CRIMSON
Serious question. If John McCain got elected and had a heart attack next March, would you be comfortable with Palin running the show?

Of course they would be comfortable.

Meanwhile, petroleum jelly stock soars through the roof.

Okla-homey

sure. why not. she has solid credentials, is not a moonbat and is not a confederate of known treasonous malcontents and petty domestic terrorists.

Hmmm, lets see:

Maverick GOP senator who consistently refused to rubber-stamp every GOP bill that floats out of committee, war hero, carrier air wing commander, man of principle + Bright, popular, elected governor of the geographically largest state in the union and mom

vs.

Moonbat freshman senator lawyer who never tried a case and who wants to "change" the US into a nanny state along the lines of the western European model while taxing business to bolivia + lawyer and senate hack who has been in office since the Nixon administration who tried and failed twice to garner his party's presidential nomination.

seems like a no-brainer to me.

sooner_born_1960
8/29/2008, 01:49 PM
SicEm, who are you voting for, again?

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 01:50 PM
SicEm, who are you voting for, again?
Bob Barr
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 01:50 PM
sure. why not. she has solid credentials, is not a moonbat and is not a confederate of known treasonous malcontents and petty domestic terrorists.

And she's hot.

sooner_born_1960
8/29/2008, 01:52 PM
SicEm, why?

Vaevictis
8/29/2008, 01:53 PM
I can see how the argument would state it doesn't compare to the POTUS, but being a Navy Captain and being in charge of a fighter wing oughta count for something, I'd think.

Something? Sure. Significant, too. Dude's got military street cred, yo. :D

Not Dwight D. Eisenhower something, but something. Something more than both Obama AND Biden can claim.

Well, it's not like Obama can't claim anything either. Waltzing over to the wiki, a summary:

Obama grew the DCP (his community organizing effort) such that its staff went from 1-13 people and went from $70k-$400k of funds under management; he was the president/editor-in-chief of the HLR (not exactly a small operation at 80 folks), directed Project Vote registration drive consisting of 10 staff and 700 volunteers, and was on the board of several non-trivial grant organizations.

Sure, it's not a fighter wing, but I'd read that as evidence that he's reasonably competent in a leadership and administrative role.

Lott's Bandana
8/29/2008, 01:54 PM
Grumpy war hero v. JFK impersonator

Soccer mom v. Used Car Salesman
-----
What did we do to deserve this?

I suspect she shoots better than the current VP.

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1220036043.jpg

OU Adonis
8/29/2008, 01:56 PM

I know I do everything for the love canal.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 01:57 PM
SicEm, why?

I detest McCain. I do not believe he's a small-government/libertarian leaning conservative like myself, and I don't believe he would do anything to enhance, strengthen, or advance the conservative agenda. In fact, he would further destroy it.

Sometimes, it is best to lose in the short-term to win in the long-term. I believe that Obama is every bit as liberal as many of us fear he is, and I think he'll over-reach with a very liberal domestic agenda which will turn Americans off and reinvigorate the conservative movement in the same way that LBJ, Carter, and Clinton did. McCain is also very buddy-buddy with the "fake conservatives" of the party, and I would like to see that movement (the neo-cons) completely discredited, purged, and run out of the movement by dealing them a strong electoral loss. In other words, I want to purge the house of sin before I move back in.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 01:59 PM

Hmmm, lets see:

Maverick GOP senator who consistently refused to rubber-stamp every GOP bill that floats out of committee, war hero, carrier air wing commander, man of principle + Bright, popular, elected governor of the geographically largest state in the union and mom

vs.

Moonbat freshman senator lawyer who never tried a case and who wants to "change" the US into a nanny state along the lines of the western European model while taxing business to bolivia + lawyer and senate hack who has been in office since the Nixon administration who tried and failed twice to garner his party's presidential nomination.

I'm too lazy to type a witty response right now.

But thanks for an honest assessment of the situation.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 02:01 PM
WORD.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 02:03 PM
OK I can add that the principled John McCain was banging Cindy while his crippled wife was left at home. There is that.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 02:05 PM
Not sure how she's anti-Big Oil when her husband works for bp. I've never gotten the impression she's not friendly to Big Oil.

I never meant she was anti-Big Oil, just that she is tough in the negotiations and could be perceived as tough. Perhaps her comments are exactly driven becuase her husband works for BP - which I didn't know. Though Alaska's position on Point Thompson has been interesting.

ousoonerfan
8/29/2008, 02:05 PM
Has anyone mentioned that she's hot?

;)

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2008, 02:10 PM
I never meant she was anti-Big Oil, just that she is tough in the negotiations and could be perceived as tough. Perhaps her comments are exactly driven becuase her husband works for BP - which I didn't know. Though Alaska's position on Point Thompson has been interesting.

Yeah, the Exxon-Mobil lease of Pt. Thompson is devolving into some brinksmanship right now. Apparently the state says the lease is no good now, while EM is putting up drilling apparatus as we speak.

Yep, the First Dude works for BP. I don't mean to imply he's a honcho or anything-he's a platform operator, I believe. Makes a good bit of money, but he's not an exec.

pergdaddy
8/29/2008, 02:15 PM
I think the election should be like Arby's 5 for 5 deal. You pick the combination, still a $1 a piece.

Give me a Biden and a Palin and I'll buy it.

I don't trust Obama.

I don't trust McCain.

Biden, sometimes to his detriment, speaks his mind. At leasty you know where you stand with hi.

Palin seems like she's tough and will fight for what's right (or her right to party).

This is a tough election. I wish Bush could run for another term so it would make my decision easier.

CatfishSooner
8/29/2008, 02:16 PM
will her corruption charges hurt her (and indirectly McCain's) chances??

sooner_born_1960
8/29/2008, 02:17 PM
It's 5 for $5.95 now.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2008, 02:18 PM

Hmmm, lets see:

vs.

You sure do talk a lot of smack for someone who's going to back these guys 100% if they get elected into office.:P

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2008, 02:19 PM
will her corruption charges hurt her (and indirectly McCain's) chances??

Probably not. I thought that the fact that the investigation was ongoing would have dq'd her from the vetting process, but apparently the McCain camp is confident that either nothing will come of it or that the voting public won't think it's important.

I mean, I think she acted in an inappropriate manner for a sitting Governor by putting pressure on Walt Monegan to fire a trooper who happened to be her ex-brother-in-law, but on the other hand I agree that the dude probably should have been fired.

pergdaddy
8/29/2008, 02:19 PM
Crap, you're right. I forgot. At least McDonald's, there all a $1. Arby's must pay dearly for the extra $.19 per item. Well, that's cheaper than that god d*mn King's menu.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 02:20 PM
Homey,

You used "geographically largest state in the union" smack?

Srsly?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 02:22 PM

More so than the Plagiarer in Chief...

pergdaddy
8/29/2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, because I'm definitely not comfortable with a VP that walks around with a defibrilator attached to him.

She looks to be in pretty good health.

Pricetag
8/29/2008, 02:26 PM
It's 5 for $5.95 now.
And the increases, first to $5.55, then to $5.95, happened on Bush's watch. Hmmmmm. . .

pergdaddy
8/29/2008, 02:28 PM
HOLY CRAP.
I knew Bush sucked. But now he's screwing up fast food.

Jeebus, when will it end.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 02:28 PM
I detest McCain. I do not believe he's a small-government/libertarian leaning conservative like myself, and I don't believe he would do anything to enhance, strengthen, or advance the conservative agenda. In fact, he would further destroy it.

Sometimes, it is best to lose in the short-term to win in the long-term. I believe that Obama is every bit as liberal as many of us fear he is, and I think he'll over-reach with a very liberal domestic agenda which will turn Americans off and reinvigorate the conservative movement in the same way that LBJ, Carter, and Clinton did. McCain is also very buddy-buddy with the "fake conservatives" of the party, and I would like to see that movement (the neo-cons) completely discredited, purged, and run out of the movement by dealing them a strong electoral loss. In other words, I want to purge the house of sin before I move back in.

I don't know if my analysis would be that deep. He is for illegal immigration and amnesty. I told the GOP fundraiser who called that until McCain changed that stance, I wasn't giving any money out. I haven't decided yet, but don't want Oblahma.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 02:34 PM
Homey,

You used "geographically largest state in the union" smack?

Srsly?

I'd like to know how the size of Alaska ranks with other states when you remove all of the Federally controlled land. From what I understand, if you took away all of the Federally controlled land in Alaska then it'd be about the size of Rhode Island (I exaggerate).

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 02:40 PM
I'd like to know how the size of Zima's profit margin shrinks when you remove all of the Sic'em.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 02:51 PM
Think someone is finally gonna tell her what it is that a Vice-President actually DOES all day? (Before Biden rips her a new one?)

Jesus, McCain...she is an AWFUL choice. Absolutely AWFUL. He really let me down here...

Getem
8/29/2008, 02:53 PM
Probably not. I thought that the fact that the investigation was ongoing would have dq'd her from the vetting process, but apparently the McCain camp is confident that either nothing will come of it or that the voting public won't think it's important.

I mean, I think she acted in an inappropriate manner for a sitting Governor by putting pressure on Walt Monegan to fire a trooper who happened to be her ex-brother-in-law, but on the other hand I agree that the dude probably should have been fired.

What was the story there? Didn't the guy taser a kid just to watch him shimmy?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 03:00 PM
He shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/29/2008, 03:00 PM
No sooner did the Brack give his Messiah Greek Theater speech, than McCain announces his selection as Sarah Palin as his choice for VP. The consertvatives are giddy with enthusiasm about the Governor of Alaska. She's got all the good credentials and attitude, and isn't bad looking, either. Obama will have to re-inflate. Mike Rich will have to vote for his "favorite daughter".

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 03:02 PM
IBTM

8/29/2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I just now saw the other Sarah Palin thread. I know you mods are itching for a merge, so go ahead if you want.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 03:03 PM
IBTCopycat that's gonna take prime advantage of the "sucking" comment.

frankensooner
8/29/2008, 03:04 PM
I think that Dark Horse Innerweb canidate Franken Sooner might have something to say:

http://www.inews3.com/play.php?first=Franken&last=Sooner

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 03:11 PM
No sooner did the Brack give his Messiah Greek Theater speech, than McCain announces his selection as Sarah Palin as his choice for VP. The consertvatives are giddy with enthusiasm about the Governor of Alaska. She's got all the good credentials and attitude, and isn't bad looking, either. Obama will have to re-inflate. Mike Rich will have to vote for his "favorite daughter".

Lemme translate: If we don't act like we like this person, we have no shot of winning in Nov. So...wheee!!!! We love her!!!! Great choice!!!

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 03:16 PM
You sure do talk a lot of smack for someone who's going to back these guys 100% if they get elected into office.:P

you just watch and see.

soonerinabilene
8/29/2008, 03:17 PM

Fellas, this is how you explain why you dont like a candidate, instead of saying one of them is muslim terrorist and the other is a grumpy old man who cheated on his crippled wife. Please take notes.

8/29/2008, 03:17 PM
Lemme translate: If we don't act like we like this person, we have no shot of winning in Nov. So...wheee!!!! We love her!!!! Great choice!!!Say what you must, but I for one believe she's a very good choice. She helps us gloss over McCain's flaws.

Mandibleclaw
8/29/2008, 03:18 PM
I few of my republican buddies said it was quite different, that this pick sucked the wind right out of the only critique of Obama that was working, "experience". Take that off the table then this hail mary move is basically going to be 10 yards out of the back of the endzone.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 03:20 PM
OK I can add that the principled John McCain was banging Cindy while his crippled wife was left at home. There is that.

But the Willie C I watched being adored by the assembled faithful in Denver set us all free on that score. What your wee willie does doesn't count. right? heck, Hillary herself gave him a pass. I saw her do so on the Today show when she told Matt Lauer it was all "a vast right-wing conspiracy."

8/29/2008, 03:20 PM
Perhaps a mod or 2 would explain here?

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:22 PM
Every one of you jokers who are actually trying to say she is a good choice try this little trick: Imagine that the Dems had selected her as THEIR VP choice and then think of what your reactions would be.

Also, for every "only if she did it naked" or "she's hawt" comment you make, just think about how a) sexist that makes you and b) how the Clinton supporters are going to react to a "hot, pro life, little, cute, bubbly, machine gun toting Republican" being one heartbeat away from the Presidency with the OLDEST President ever elected who has known health problems dragging her around like his "hot younger wife."

This is a HORRENDOUS choice. HORRIBLE. And if you guys took off your glasses, you'd see it too.

But you won't. Because you guys think she's "hawt."

Which she isn't, by the way. :confused:

Oh, and she's on record saying that "she has no idea what the Vice President does all day." WAAAYYY to go there, McCain. You just gave up the one argument you had on why people should pick you over Obama.

I hate to see the Republicans run a campaign the way the Dems have been doing for the past 8 years.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 03:24 PM
But the Willie C I watched being adored by the assembled faithful in Denver set us all free on that score. What your wee willie does doesn't count. right? heck, Hillary herself gave him a pass. I saw her do so on the Today show when she told Matt Lauer it was all "a vast right-wing conspiracy."

No I'm just trying to bring your sunshine pumping back down to a reasonable level.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 03:25 PM
Which she isn't, by the way. :confused:

See, I told you he was gay. ;)

Widescreen
8/29/2008, 03:25 PM
Every one of you jokers who are actually trying to say she is a good choice try this little trick: Imagine that the Dems had selected her as THEIR VP choice and then think of what your reactions would be.

Yep. My reaction would be "how did they convince someone like her who believes the stuff she does to become a Democratic nominee?"

In any case, why do you care? If this pick is so bad, it should make your boy Obama a shoo-in.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 03:26 PM
I've always tended to be a bit lib-leaning, but I gotta say...

Here we have a crusty Navy pilot torture victim who roughed up a Nicaraguan Sandanista and a smokin' hot amateur pilot fisherwomen b-ballin' gun-nut nicknamed 'Barracuda.'

This could be the ***-kickingest executive team ever.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 03:27 PM

Also, for every "only if she did it naked" or "she's hawt" comment you make, just think about how a) sexist that makes you and b) how the Clinton supporters are going to react to a "hot, pro life, little, cute, bubbly, machine gun toting Republican" being one heartbeat away from the Presidency with the OLDEST President ever elected who has known health problems dragging her around like his "hot younger wife."

If the Dems chose her, I would be thinking "Why did the Dems choose a hot, pro-life, little, cute, bubbly, machine-gun toting Republican?" This is also why I don't think this was a play to get the Hillary supporters. I think it was a play to the more conservative righties to get off the fence and vote for McCain.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 03:28 PM
Something? Sure. Significant, too. Dude's got military street cred, yo. :D

A modern U.S. Navy carrier air wing consists of:
Three Strike Fighter Squadrons (VFA) of F/A-18 Hornets
One additional Marine Fighter Attack Squadron of F/A-18 Hornets provided by the U.S. Marine Corps (VMFA)
One Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) of EA-6B Prowlers
One Sea Control Squadron (VS) of S-3B Vikings
One Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) of E-2C Hawkeyes
A detachment from a Fleet Logistics Support Squadron (VRC) of C-2 Greyhounds
One Helicopter Antisubmarine Squadron (HS) of SH-60F & HH-60H Seahawks.

About 2500 personnel. The annual operations budget submitted and administered by the CAG is over a billion. Moreover, the CAG can lose his job in the middle of the night while asleep in his bed if any one of those 2500 does something stupid.

I would venture to say any former CAG has the intellect run a Fortune 500 company or the White House.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 03:31 PM
Oh, and she's on record saying that "she has no idea what the Vice President does all day." WAAAYYY to go there, McCain. You just gave up the one argument you had on why people should pick you over Obama.

Pak-rH0dCeA

Sounds very......Presidential.

Stitch Face
This is really just a Republican strategy because they hate Hillary so much, I'm sure of it.

McCain will get elected, then die or become incapacitated in a couple of years. Palin becomes president, and then Hillary Clinton's head explodes.

bri
You're a tiresome blowhard and no one likes you?

Too on the nose?

Okla-homey

oh stop it. I bet the Obamanistas are kicking themselves in their commie arses for not going with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. She's the one I would have picked if I wanted him to win.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:33 PM
Yep. My reaction would be "how did they convince someone like her who believes the stuff she does to become a Democratic nominee?"

In any case, why do you care? If this pick is so bad, it should make your boy Obama a shoo-in.I've been a McCain supporter the entire time, you Maroon!

And no, you wouldn't. You'd be outraged that they chose someone so young, inexperienced, under federal investigation for misuse of her powers, who is so far to the left (if she was a Dem candidate equivalent, you'd have to flip all the stances, duh...)

Repeat after me: Trophy Veep.

Damnit, McCain...

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 03:33 PM
you plagarized that didn't ya, homey?

just the part about the TO&E of a carrier air wing. The rest was from my noggin.

8/29/2008, 03:34 PM
I few of my republican buddies said it was quite different, that this pick sucked the wind right out of the only critique of Obama that was working, "experience". Take that off the table then this hail mary move is basically going to be 10 yards out of the back of the endzone.I think you are the re-enactment of Soonersn200X.

swardboy
8/29/2008, 03:35 PM
We regularly elect governors to the presidency whose experience in foreign relations is sketchy at best.

Perhaps you haven't seen the clips of her in Iraq.

Are we REALLY so concerned about experience in foreign relations vs. philosophy about foreign relations? I mean, I don't care if a person has 50 years of foreign relations experience, if I don't agree with his politics about it, he!! if I'm going to vote for him!

As far as previous experience goes, Sarah Palin has 80% approval, and multitudes who will testify as to her effectiveness as an executive...Obama has William Ayers, Rev. Wright, and Father Flegal (or whatever)...he wants them to keep their mouths shut...his is a self-authored bio.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:36 PM
oh stop it. I bet the Obamanistas are kicking themselves in their commie arses for not going with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. She's the one I would have picked if I wanted him to win.I agree with you about picking Sebelius as a better choice, but this chick is a HORRIBLE choice for the guy I was HOPING would win the presidency. Now? Not so much. He just blew a hole in the ship he's been sailing...:mad:

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 03:38 PM
I've been a McCain supporter the entire time, you Maroon!

And no, you wouldn't. You'd be outraged that they chose someone so young, inexperienced, under federal investigation for misuse of her powers, who is so far to the left (if she was a Dem candidate equivalent, you'd have to flip all the stances, duh...)

Repeat after me: Trophy Veep.

Damnit, McCain...

She may look like a "trophy veep" (she is indeed smokin') but I think the more We The People learn about her the more it will appear that she could kick Putin's ***.

And she has about as much real political experience as Hillary, if not more direct executive responsibility that HRC ever had.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:38 PM
If the Dems chose her, I would be thinking "Why did the Dems choose a hot, pro-life, little, cute, bubbly, machine-gun toting Republican?" This is also why I don't think this was a play to get the Hillary supporters. I think it was a play to the more conservative righties to get off the fence and vote for McCain.
Don't play dumb. If you flip the parties, you flip the stances on issues so the analogy works.

Or, in your case, you keep drinking the Kool Ade.

She is a HORRIBLE choice for Vice President of the United States.

And a PERFECT choice for Trophy Veep. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:39 PM
She may look like a "trophy veep" (she is indeed smokin') but I think the more We The People learn about her the more it will appear that she could kick Putin's ***.

And she has about as much real political experience as Hillary, if not more direct executive responsibility that HRC ever had.OMG.

You actually just tried to make THAT argument?! This is pathetic. :rolleyes:

SoonerProphet
8/29/2008, 03:40 PM
http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-republican-vice-presidential-nominee-plugs-romney-paul-but-not-mccain-in-mtv-interview/

Widescreen
8/29/2008, 03:40 PM
Don't play dumb. If you flip the parties, you flip the stances on issues so the analogy works.

Stick to whatever it is you do in CA. I'm sure you're much better at it.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 03:41 PM
OMG.

Except, objectively speaking, it happens to be true. It doesn't count for everything, but on the other hand it isn't meaningless as Obama's campaign has suggested.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 03:42 PM
OMG.

Time will tell how pathetic the nation thinks she really is. I may sound like a flaming liberal here to you, but I really do think a *gasp* attractive woman can be a dynamic and effective politician. She has about as much cred going into this as Clinton did 16 years ago. Not all good-lookin' wimmins are "trophies."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
8/29/2008, 03:42 PM
I thought he said "No Testicles Area".

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 03:43 PM

Flipping the stances would just make her an easy-on-the-eyes Biden.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 03:44 PM
Bill Clinton, that is, of course. E.g. Forty-something year-old relatively unknown governor, etc.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:45 PM
Except, objectively speaking, it happens to be true. It doesn't count for everything, but on the other hand it isn't meaningless as Obama's campaign has suggested.
"Objectively speaking," you think that Palin could kick Putin's ***?

Man, you DO date some burly wimmins.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 03:46 PM
http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-republican-vice-presidential-nominee-plugs-romney-paul-but-not-mccain-in-mtv-interview/

So both veeps think the guy that got the nom didn't think they were qualified for the position? We're screwd no matter which way we go.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:46 PM
Stick to whatever it is you do in CA. I'm sure you're much better at it.I was right about Bush 4 years ago. I'm right about this as well. :rolleyes:

And you had the same reaction to my stance on Bush 4 years ago...

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:47 PM
Flipping the stances would just make her an easy-on-the-eyes Biden.If Biden didn't have 30+ years of experience, but hey, don't let that get in the way of your Kool Ade. :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2008, 03:48 PM
I also think it's a VERY VERY bad mistake for the Obama camp to dismiss Palin's term as mayor of a "town of only 9k people." Democrats have had enough trouble in the past when they appeared condescending toward small-town Americans.

Fixed. ;)

Which is somewhat amazing when you consider that it was the election of Southern Democrats like Heath Shuler that fueled their win in the mid-terms two years ago.

SicEmBaylor

lol

I was obviously talking about Palin's executive experience as compared to Hillary/Obama.

Stitch Face

My impression is that McCain and Palin together form a more imposing front to international opponents that do Obama and Biden.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 03:49 PM
Putin would pull out some judo or something and Palin would just put a cap in his ***.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 03:51 PM
She would "you know" Putin to death.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:54 PM
What was John thinking? As I watched him when she introduced herself to America in Ohio, even McCain’s face made me wonder if he too wondered what was he thinking. When she praised Hillary Clinton, he clapped 3 times and the muscles in his jaw started flexing even as he kept his game face smile. Was this even his idea? Who knows?

All over America, conservative businessmen must be wondering how they allowed themselves to be betrayed like this. And thousands are probably reaching for their nitro pills. Whatever the GOP is, it’s definately not the party of big business this year.

I’m just speechless. And conservative Dean Rush was stuttering as he said this was a stroke of genius. Imagine. A heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world. OMG!

The only thing that scares me is that the election is in just two months. And this electorate is the same one that brought us George Bush–even after we knew what we were getting! Really. Is this a bad movie script?

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 03:55 PM
If Biden didn't have 30+ years of experience, but hey, don't let that get in the way of your Kool Ade. :rolleyes:

OK, you got me there. But when it comes to stances on issues, Palin seems really conservative. She liked Ron Paul and Mitt Romney in the primaries. Flip the stances and you get someone who is really liberal, like Biden.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:57 PM
My impression is that McCain and Palin together form a more imposing front to international opponents that do Obama and Biden.Sure.
If pressing the "Nuke" button is the only form of diplomacy our government is going to use from now on.

I personally place a higher value on the lives of our troops than to use them for all our "negotiations."

Obama and Biden represent negotiations and partnerships. McCain and Shoot-em-up-McHair-in-an-up-twist are starting to look like the "Who are you lookin' at, Beyotch?!" ticket. :mad:

I want my 1999 McCain back.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 03:59 PM
She would "you know" Putin to death.And comments like THIS are one of the BIGGEST reasons why this choice won't sway any Clinton voters over to McCain.

There were so many better choices for Veep than the Naughty-Frozen-Librarian.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 04:00 PM

Trust me, he's still there. He'll re-emerge once he wins the White House which is why I refuse to vote for the guy no matter how much I like his VP choice.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 04:00 PM
All over America, conservative businessmen must be wondering how they allowed themselves to be betrayed like this. And thousands are probably reaching for their nitro pills. Whatever the GOP is, it’s definately not the party of big business this year.

Crude oil markets reacted very negatively to this news despite a hurricane forcasted to be in the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. Equity markets received a slight bump on this news before falling back down. The dollar also recieved a reversal around the time of the announcement, but I personally don't like attributing currency movements to what presidential candidates do.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:02 PM
Time will tell how pathetic the nation thinks she really is. I may sound like a flaming liberal here to you, but I really do think a *gasp* attractive woman can be a dynamic and effective politician. She has about as much cred going into this as Clinton did 16 years ago. Not all good-lookin' wimmins are "trophies."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:She...was...a...former...BEAUTY...PAGENT ...CONTESTANT.

And she might be one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

"Ahem!...I want WORLD PIECE!!!" :eek:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:02 PM
I personally place a higher value on the lives of our troops than to use them for all our "negotiations."

I do, too, especially as an active duty physician for the last six years. How long have you been taking care of our troops first-hand?

I could use a rolleyes here, but I won't.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 04:03 PM
Trust me, he's still there. He'll re-emerge once he wins the White House which is why I refuse to vote for the guy no matter how much I like his VP choice.

I dunno... The past 2 years he's voted for just about every bill that Bush signed into law...

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:04 PM
"Hi, I'm John McCain. War hero, noble servant of the U.S. Experienced member of Congress. Lifetime Republican and Presidential Candidate. And this is my partner, Vice-President Hooters Waitress. Order the Three Mile Island."

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2008, 04:05 PM
I'm obviously missing something, why is everyone mentioning "naughty librarian"? Did she do something?

LosAngelesSooner
I do, too, especially as an active duty physician for the last six years. How long have you been taking care of our troops first-hand?

I could use a rolleyes here, but I won't.I could say something really nasty which would be compounded by how truthful it is, but I won't do that, either.

Stitch Face
"Hi, I'm John McCain. War hero, noble servant of the U.S. Experienced member of Congress. Lifetime Republican and Presidential Candidate. And this is my partner, Vice-President Hooters Waitress. Order the Three Mile Island."

Did the eighties teach you nothing? Don't hate her because she's beautiful...

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:08 PM
I could say something really nasty which would be compounded by how truthful it is, but I won't do that, either.

Is it that your opinion is just as important as mine on military matters? Come on, say it!

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:08 PM
You're right.

There are so many OTHER reasons to hate her. (as a choice for V.P.)

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:09 PM
Is it that your opinion is just as important as mine on military matters? Come on, say it!
Actually, no.

Though it is.

Go ahead. Say it isn't. :rolleyes:

Sooner24
8/29/2008, 04:10 PM
Sure.
If pressing the "Nuke" button is the only form of diplomacy our government is going to use from now on.

Obama and Biden represent negotiations and partnerships. McCain and Shoot-em-up-McHair-in-an-up-twist are starting to look like the "Who are you lookin' at, Beyotch?!" ticket. :mad:

You're really Al Franken aren't you?

KC//CRIMSON

You're still a virgin, aren't you?

SoonerStormchaser

That brought a smile to my face...thanks.

I understand why you're skiddish about Palin, but I truly think that she's gonna prove to be a home run for McCain.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:11 PM
Then answer this for me: is your avatar a picture of you upon learning about the VP pick?

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:11 PM
You're really Al Franken aren't you?Dumb. :rolleyes:

lexsooner
8/29/2008, 04:22 PM
I agree with you about picking Sebelius as a better choice, but this chick is a HORRIBLE choice for the guy I was HOPING would win the presidency. Now? Not so much. He just blew a hole in the ship he's been sailing...:mad:

I'm just trying to figure out why McCain would select this woman. Why would McCain take a gamble like this unless his staff felt he needed to in order to win? I can't help but believe McCain's people think Obama is going to win unless they do something drastic, like Geraldine Ferraro being selected by Walter Mondale in 1984.

For all the fawning over this woman by the Republicans, it is a very risky choice, probably not a good one at all. With his speech last night and this VP pick by McCain, clear edge to Obama in November.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:24 PM
This says it best: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html

For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment, ((LAS))when his JUDGMENT and experience were the one point he was WINNING ON.((/LAS))

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania.

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television, and -- obviously -- a woman.

He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.

He passed over former congressman, trade negotiator and budget director Rob Portman.

And he also passed over Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas.But you guys think she's a good choice for V.P. because..."she's hawt."

Jesus...

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:27 PM
For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment.

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania.

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television, and -- obviously -- a woman.

He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.

He passed over former congressman, trade negotiator and budget director Rob Portman.

And he also passed over Mike Huckabee, the governor of Arkansas.

But you guys think she's a good choice for V.P. because..."she's hawt."

Jesus...

Yeah, I read that, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html

Man, you're worse than Biden...

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 04:30 PM
iBut you guys think she's a good choice for V.P. because..."she's hawt."

Jesus...

Believe me, the fact that I love the fact that she got chosen has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman or hot.

The reason I love Palin is that she doesn't have experience in the sense that she hasn't yet compromised her principles for the sake of political expediency. She is definitely one of the most conservative leaders in the Republican Party today which has EVERYTHING to do with why I like her.