PDA

View Full Version : She's going to be a great Vp for McCain sorry my shift-p doesn't work.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

shaun4411
9/3/2008, 05:00 PM
obama has some great speeches and great ideas. but some of his ideas arent so great. wow, he's human.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 05:16 PM
obama has some great speeches and great ideas. but some of his ideas arent so great. wow, he's human.If great speeches was a qualification for president of the United States, Tony Robbins or Howard Schnellinberger could be potus.

BTW- I'm sure he's proud to have you on his side.

picasso
9/3/2008, 05:22 PM
obama has some great speech writers and great ideas. but some of his ideas arent so great. wow, he's human.
fixed.

and someone on here is actually quoting MSNBC? heh.

the media is going all out on Palin. it's quite sad really but hey, there's no bias right?;)

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 05:52 PM
fixed.

and someone on here is actually quoting MSNBC? heh.

the media is going all out on Palin. it's quite sad really but hey, there's no bias right?;)'Cause she SUCKS as a VP nom.

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 05:53 PM
If great speeches was a qualification for president of the United States, Tony Robbins or Howard Schnellinberger could be potus.

BTW- I'm sure he's proud to have you on his side.

Schnelly gave good speeches?

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 05:56 PM
'Cause she SUCKS as a VP nom.

Id have never guessed you felt that way. :rolleyes:

Jerk
9/3/2008, 05:57 PM
The media and the neo-commies aren't just 'going after her,' they're trying to destroy her. I hope it backfires on their as.s

picasso
9/3/2008, 05:58 PM
'Cause she SUCKS as a VP nom.

dude please. you again?

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:05 PM
'Cause she SUCKS I think the same could apply to your political instincts and philosophies.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:09 PM
Schnelly gave good speeches?Yeah, he gave some great motivational speeches as a coach especially at Miami and Louisville.

Heck Barry Switzer can motivate a string bean to run through a wall.

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2008, 06:17 PM
Heck Barry Switzer can motivate a string bean to run through a wall.Can I have that as a sig:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm LMAMFAO!!!

Sorry....I already did.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:20 PM
Id have never guessed you felt that way. :rolleyes:I've been a McCain supporter since 1999.

And, no. You never WOULD have guessed that I felt that way.

The media and the neo-commies aren't just 'going after her,' they're trying to destroy her. I hope it backfires on their as.s
Bull Butter. She's flawed. Wasn't vetted. She's ALREADY got scandal going on. She's unqualified. She's a "creationist nutter."

McCain's strength was that he was a moderate. A change from the Neo-Cons who have been destroying the Republican Party. What does he do? He goes out and gets another Neo-Con Zealot nutter as his running mate.

And how is it paying off? Obama's lead is GROWING in key battleground states. :mad:

I was feeling optimistic about McCain winning, but he's just alienated many of the moderates by "shoring up his 'base' of right wing religious nut jobs."

I'll serve your crow in November.

dude please. you again?Me always. When will YOU learn to think for yourself?

I think the same could apply to your political instincts and philosophies.Oh, yeah...the old, "I'm right no matter what" guy is telling me that MY philosophies suck. Wunderbar. :pop:

Big Red Ron
Can I have that as a sig:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm LMAMFAO!!!
You are welcome to have it!

tommieharris91
Yeah, he gave some great motivational speeches as a coach especially at Miami and Louisville.

Heck Barry Switzer can motivate a string bean to run through a wall.

Barry Switzer approves this message.

LosAngelesSooner
By the way...just for emphasis:

Sarah Palin SUCKS as a VP nom.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 06:22 PM

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

Really?

Curly Bill

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

Right...so, tell us again how you really are a Republican.

Harry Beanbag
This is the greatest thing about America. Everyone can have their own opinion, no matter how wrong they may be.

LosAngelesSooner
SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

SUCKS.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:23 PM

Don't encourage him, he's just an attention whore.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:24 PM
Oh, gosh...I forgot...you can't BE a Republican nowadays (since the nutter Neo-Cons took control) if you ever EVER disagree with ANY Republicans.

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL!!!

LOYALTY ABOVE BEING RIGHT!!!

LOYALTY EVEN WHEN WE'RE WRONG!!!

Whatever, Lemmings. :mad:

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:24 PM
And she's not hot.

Not by a long shot.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:25 PM
Don't encourage him, he's just an attention whore.Says the guy who's handle is "Harry Bean Bag."

:pop:

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, gosh...I forgot...you can't BE a Republican nowadays (since the nutter Neo-Cons took control) if you ever EVER disagree with ANY Republicans.

You like this term a lot huh?

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:26 PM
Says the guy who's handle is "Harry Bean Bag."

Well, I know how much you love nutsacks and all.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:27 PM
And for all you guys who keep claiming (from deep within your Republican stronghold states) that the Dems are "runnin' skurred by McCain's pick of Palin" you are OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS.

The Dems out here have become more obnoxious than EVER. They are SO happy that McCain picked her. They view her as a sure fire winning point for them now.

THAT...is why I'm so aggravated by her. Palin just GAVE the Democrats the election.

And McCain is the most qualified and best man for the job (IMHO).

Big Red Ron
Oh, yeah...the old, "I'm right no matter what" guy is telling me that MY philosophies suck. Wunderbar. :pop:You have a real inferiority complexand a reading comprehension problem. You see, in reading polling information and comparing multiple polls, my contention was accurate no matter how you look at it, it's a dead heat. I know, it's hard to understand but if you go back and read those posts again, you'll see, in fact, I was correct.

If you think she wasn't vetted properly, you are simply parroting MSNBC. She had a full FBI background check and was interviewed for several days leading up to her conversations with McCain. The whole vetting thing is a totally made up story because the media wasn't involved and actually baited to believe it was going to be one of the usual suspects.

LosAngelesSooner
Well, I know how much you love nutsacks and all.

:pop:Yeah...you got me. I'm gay. I'm a big ol' gay man. I never get any poon.

Please, Lothario, teach me how to get teh ladies. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:29 PM
You have a real inferiority complex and blah blah blah blah blah I'm an egomaniac blah blah blah you should see my client list blah blah blah I represent bazillionaires blah blah blah I know everything blah blah blah I'm always right no matter what the polls say blah blah blah it's a dead heat blah blah blah the media never saw it coming even though people on Soonerfans.com were talking about her as a potential runningmate 3 weeks before she was announced blah blah blah.
Fixed.

Sorry...what were you saying?

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah...you got me. I'm gay. I'm a big ol' gay man. I never get any poon.

Please, Lothario, teach me how to get teh ladies. :rolleyes:

I never said you were gay. We all know how much of a Hollywood player you are. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:30 PM
If we could all only be as intellectually blessed as LAS, we'd all be a little bit dumber.

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah...you got me. I'm gay. I'm a big ol' gay man. I never get any poon.

Please, Lothario, teach me how to get teh ladies. :rolleyes:Are you the pitcher or catcher:confused::pop:

Big Red Ron
I never said you were gay. We all know how much of a Hollywood player you are. :rolleyes:He's not gay, he's heterosexually challenged.

LosAngelesSooner
You know what's even funnier? I "fixed" BRR's post before I even read it. And it turned out to be that close to what he actually wrote.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:32 PM
Fixed.

Sorry...what were you saying?

:pop:Now I know the problem, big words and independent thought is hard for you to understand. I'm sorry for anything I said that confused you. Is there some type of charity I can donate to to help your type of condition?

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:33 PM
I never said you were gay. We all know how much of a Hollywood player you are. :rolleyes:Ah, sarcasm.

Don't attack the message...attack the messenger.

SARAH PALIN SUCKS.

If we could all only be as intellectually blessed as LAS, we'd all be a little bit dumber.Dude...you show how "intellectually blessed" you are with every post on here. :rolleyes:

Are you the pitcher or catcher:confused::pop:"Pinch" hitter. :texan:

He's not gay, he's heterosexually challenged.Oh, yes. I'm a big ol' gay man. Keep callin' me out. I'm all outraged and upset by being called "gay." :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:33 PM
Are you the pitcher or catcher:confused::pop:I'm betting catcher.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:34 PM
Now I know the problem, big words and independent thought is hard for you to understand. I'm sorry for anything I said that confused you. Is there some type of charity I can donate to to help your type of condition?

http://www.web-pub.com/aa/

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:34 PM
Now I know the problem, big words and independent thought is hard for you to understand. I'm sorry for anything I said that confused you. Is there some type of charity I can donate to to help your type of condition?"Big words" and "Independent thought" from a Neo-Con parrot who only regurgitates Fox News talking points?

Puh-leeze. Don't make me laugh.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:35 PM
I'm betting catcher.
Keep on with the personal attacks, Ron.

It's all you've got.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:35 PM
"Pinch" hitter. :texan:

You being in the Industry, you should know the proper term for that is "fluffer".

:pop: ;) :D :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:36 PM
Sarah Palin SUCKS as a VP nom and she's gonna cost McCain the election and this fact PI$$ES me off.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:36 PM

It's all you've got.

I think the Martyr is my favorite role of yours.

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2008, 06:37 PM
Sarah Palin SUCKS as a VP nom and she's gonna cost McCain the election and this fact PI$$ES me off.better pissed off than pissed on....maybe:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:37 PM
I think the Martyr is my favorite role of yours.
I'm not the one breaking the rules.

I'm not the one who always resorts to name calling when I'm getting pwn3d in an argument.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:39 PM
What argument are you making? Palin SUCKS? That's a pretty lame argument even for you?

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:39 PM
better pissed off than pissed on....maybe:rolleyes:We're ALL gonna get pissed on in November when the Dems win the White House AND the Congress.

I was hoping to hold on to the White House and have split control of the government (which, I think, is the best way to run things), but Palin just GAVE them the election.

Handed it to them.

With a Miss Alaska ribbon tied around it.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:40 PM
What argument are you making? Palin SUCKS? That's a pretty lame argument even for you?Where to START?

Maybe you should re-read some of my earlier posts on just how many WAYS that she SUCKS.

Turd_Ferguson
I'm not the one breaking the rules.

I'm the one who's always getting pwn3d in an argument.

:pop:fixed:D

LosAngelesSooner
Palin is a HORRIBLE choice for VP.

HORRIBLE.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 06:41 PM
With a Miss Alaska ribbon tied around it.

Now that is kind of arousing. :hot:

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 06:42 PM
Palin is a HORRIBLE choice for VP.

HORRIBLE.

Are you sure, because you've only repeated some version of this a dozen or so times?

Turd_Ferguson
Now that is kind of arousing. :hot:Like a retard on a drum set:hot:

Harry Beanbag
Where to START?

Maybe you should re-read some of my earlier posts on just how many WAYS that she SUCKS.

I read them yesterday, don't really remember them now. If Palin is indeed such a horrible choice, then I say she'll fit in just fine with the other three bozos.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:43 PM

It's all you've got.I haven't personally attacked you. I have questioned your positions, thoughts and contentions but not anything personal. You seem to be the only one here attacking people.

BTW - I parrot nothing as I am an educated person with ideas. I haven't seen you articulate anything but attacking people here and on TV.

You add absolutely nothing here.

I could point you to threads I've started about Fredrick Douglas, Emanuel Kant, Hobbs, Locke and other philosophers I hold in high regard.

Anyway, you mean nothing to me and I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 06:50 PM
Ah, sarcasm.

Don't attack the message...attack the messenger.

SARAH PALIN SUCKS.

Dude...you show how "intellectually blessed" you are with every post on here. :rolleyes:

"Pinch" hitter. :texan:

Oh, yes. I'm a big ol' gay man. Keep callin' me out. I'm all outraged and upset by being called "gay." :rolleyes:
I never called you gay. I made a politically correct joke in reply to another's post, which BTW you said "pinch hitter."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2008, 06:55 PM
Right...so, tell us again how you really are a Republican.I know a guy who is definitely Republican, who votes the weakest candidate the republicans have in the primaries, intentionally and without fail, to try to insure their defeat in the general. He voted for McCain, but it may backfire on him this time. McCain needs to thank his lucky stars his opponent is such a dubious character, and that McCain's choice for VP is going over so well.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:58 PM
Wah!Fixed.

LosAngelesSooner
9/3/2008, 06:59 PM
I know a guy who is definitely Republican, who votes the weakest candidate the republicans have in the primaries, intentionally and without fail, to try to insure their defeat in the general. He voted for McCain, but it may backfire on him this time. McCain needs to thank his lucky stars his opponent is such a dubious character, and that McCain's choice for VP is going over so well.Except for the fact that IT IS NOT. :mad:

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 06:59 PM
This thread is gayer than 8 dudes ****ing 9 dudes.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 07:01 PM

You Feelin Left out aint Ya.

Harry Beanbag
9/3/2008, 07:28 PM

It's still not as gay as the Thunder's logo. :)

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 07:35 PM
And for all you guys who keep claiming (from deep within your Republican stronghold states) that the Dems are "runnin' skurred by McCain's pick of Palin" you are OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS.

Yup.

Rogue
9/3/2008, 07:46 PM
Levi Johnston, the baby-daddy, is supposedly at the convention already.
356,000 google hits on "levi johnston convention."
It must be true.

9/3/2008, 07:53 PM
baby-daddy Is this a new term, or what?

soonerscuba
9/3/2008, 08:12 PM
Uh, right about now I'm happy that Mitt Romney isn't on the ticket. I'm a lib and he's laying a beatdown.

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 08:19 PM
With a Miss Alaska runner-up ribbon tied around it.

Fixed.

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 08:21 PM
pageant girl > plagiarizer

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 08:26 PM
Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy think Palin SUCKS too:

CrG8w4bb3kg

Rogue
9/3/2008, 08:29 PM
She's from Northern Idaho. As a native of Southeast Idaho, I don't trust them folks up there in the pretty part of the state. I unnerstand 'em. I just think they're weird.

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 08:29 PM

CrG8w4bb3kg

My GF and I both think Brack sucks...guess we cancel them out.

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 08:35 PM
So... which of you writes for the Wall Street Journal? :confused:

Curly Bill
9/3/2008, 08:37 PM
So... which of you writes for the Wall Street Journal? :confused:

Do they get more votes then us regular folks?

If not who gives a rats-*** what they think?

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 08:38 PM
better pissed off than pissed on....maybe:rolleyes:

Fixed.

:pop:Articulate as usual.

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 08:40 PM
Do they get more votes then us regular folks?

If not who gives a rats-*** what they think?

No, they don't get more votes. But they are relatively respected conservative pundits that people look to for analysis and opinion.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 08:50 PM
Peggy Nooner was a presidential girlfriend, I mean speech writer for Nixon and was passed around a few time since but not for a long time and Mike Murphy is a total hack that has recently been finding it to be difficult to be hired.

I'm sure I can find a few fringe Dem's that don't like Obama. Actually, the Dem candidate for Vice President just endorsed McCain last night. Apples and oranges my friend.

SicEmBaylor
I must say, Bristol Palin has massive tits.

Huzzah I say. Huzzah.

soonerscuba

Huzzah I say. Huzzah.

Thrice Huzzah!

Jerk
9/3/2008, 09:11 PM

Yeah, sure, as you are a self-described 'Republican,' I know you'll be happy if the most left-wing Senator in congress wins.

I believe you're a Republican like I believe your story about find live rocket propelled grenade launchers at a gun show.

r5TPsooner
9/3/2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, sure, as you are a self-described 'Republican,' I know you'll be happy if the most left-wing Senator in congress wins.

I believe you're a Republican like I believe your story about find live rocket propelled grenade launchers at a gun show.

BAWABAWABAWA. Grenade launchers at a gun show. BAWABAWABAWA.

Win or lose, McCain made a great pick for VP.

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:08 PM
It was Bazookas and Live Grenades , Pay tention.:rolleyes:

r5TPsooner
9/3/2008, 11:09 PM
It was Bazookas and Live Grenades , Pay tention.:rolleyes:

Live grenades? Even better!

BAWABAWABAWA

9/4/2008, 12:36 AM

I believe you're a Republican like I believe your story about find live rocket propelled grenade launchers at a gun show.He registers as a republican in order to sabotage the republican primaries. Sort of an official RINO. I have a friend like that. He's a good guy except for his political outlook.

LosAngelesSooner
9/4/2008, 05:53 AM
He registers as a republican in order to sabotage the republican primaries. Sort of an official RINO. I have a friend like that. He's a good guy except for his political outlook.That is a ****ing lie.

MrJimBeam
9/4/2008, 06:07 AM

Nobody listen's to Peggy Noonan anymore, if they ever did.

Harry Beanbag
9/4/2008, 06:42 AM
That is a ****ing lie.

See, sometimes you can be a funny guy.

:pop: ;) :) :D

leavingthezoo
9/4/2008, 07:29 AM
i changed my registration from independent to republican so i could vote for mccain... in 2000. i've since gone to the "evil" side. so, as a democrat i couldn't for the life of me figure out why palin was chosen as vp, but after the speech last night, i understand it better. i thought she was really impressive and dug right into the heart of things to rally the base, and in a big, big way. i can see why you guys are so amped up about her- shallow "she's hot" comments, notwithstanding.

of course, i feel the same things that really rally the base are the same things that push independents away (only time will tell and i've been wrong before), but as for the purpose the speech served, i think she nailed it. i have a hard time believing anyone could think otherwise.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 08:14 AM
Key item that was discussed on Rush's show a while back. On the Battleground poll, there is a question that basically asks whether you believe in a conservative government or a liberal government. That question has moved up and down from about 57% to 63% since its inception (years ago) that describes people as wanting a conservative government. Apparently that key fact is lost on the MSM and shows why for the last 8 years we have had a "conservative" in the White House. Recent Battleground polls places that question and response at around 58%. So if this holds true, McCain is likely to win.

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 08:42 AM
i really don't see how after 30 minutes of a speech written by one of Bush's speech-writers (Brian Scully)...how all of a sudden we can (and are) concluding things like she'll "smoke" Biden and Obama in debates, she'll be a GREAT Veep, and cruise to POTUS victory in '12. not only that, concluding that the Dems are "afraid".

objectively speaking, the speech was a lot of jokes, jabs and partisan button-pushing.

to me, the most impressive thing about the night was the way FOX framed the event as the elite media victim and "comeback kid"/the unknown who is "so normal" she'll knock yer socks off....and the "aw shucks", i'm common sense personified populist just like you and me angle and then stayed on message all night: from O'Reilly and Dennis Miller, Hannity...and then afterwards all the gushing from Kristol et al while usually somnambulant Brit Hume could hardly contain his outrage that the Obama media guy didn't concede victory right then and there.

hook, line, sinker. it was a media play. it worked.....but, i think you guys are way way ahead of yourself. if you want to condemn Obama as a "media creation", fine. but, what would you call last night? who's the media creation?

and don't answer with how "real" Palin is....populism as such is one of the oldest rhetorical styles. everybody uses it...the McCain campaign is using it to blunt the blows of his voting record with Bush (90%) and play up the Beltway outsider/Maverick (Top Gun) appeal.

SoonerInKCMO
9/4/2008, 09:00 AM
objectively speaking, the speech was a lot of jokes, jabs and partisan button-pushing.

Phew... after reading the other threads responding to her speech, I was afraid I had watched a different speech. Glad to see I didn't.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 09:07 AM
I liked her service star pin...

Oblahma or o'biden don't have that.

Jerk
9/4/2008, 10:47 AM
I liked her service star pin...

Oblahma or o'biden don't have that.

You think she would actually hold her hand over her heart during the national anthem?:D

Big Red Ron
9/4/2008, 02:43 PM
FYI - the term "Speech writer" is misleading. A "Speech writer," doesn't tell the speaker what to say. They simply take your talking points or your own speech and make it funnier or wonkish or classy. What I'm saying I guess is they're more like editors.

It isn't like somebody hands you a document and says, "Here's your speech." So, the fact that somebody that has also worked for Bush simply means, she had one of the best political editors in the world working with her. Often times speech writers don't even hold the same beliefs as the person giving the speech but they are paid for their expertise in writing in a way that sounds better than simply written.

r5TPsooner
9/4/2008, 02:47 PM

Huzzah I say. Huzzah.

I'm a pervert and I approve this message.:D

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2008, 02:59 PM
She is attractive in the grown-up adult sort of way... ;)

No one has mentioned statutory rape - I'm surprised. Perhaps Alaska isn't all about that when it comes to teens and making whoopie. Not sure when he turned 18 and she got preggo. Not that I think there should be a charge, just surprised someone somewhere hasn't mentioned it.

SoonerInKCMO
9/4/2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.moraloutrage.net/staticpages/index.php?page=Alaska

Sec. 11.41.440. Sexual abuse of a minor in the fourth degree.
(a) An offender commits the crime of sexual abuse of a minor in the fourth degree if
(1) being under 16 years of age, the offender engages in sexual contact with a person who is under 13 years of age and at least three years younger than the offender; or
(2) being 18 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual contact with a person who is 16 or 17 years of age and at least three years younger than the offender, and the offender occupies a position of authority in relation to the victim.
(b) Sexual abuse of a minor in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

He's in the clear.

Okla-homey
9/4/2008, 03:17 PM
and don't answer with how "real" Palin is....populism as such is one of the oldest rhetorical styles. everybody uses it...the McCain campaign is using it to blunt the blows of his voting record with Bush (90%) and play up the Beltway outsider/Maverick (Top Gun) appeal.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you on the above. Your assertion is misleading.

The Washington Post has him at 88% for this Congress (just the last two years). That number also includes several unanimous resolutions, including joint resolutions like congratulating the MNC football team for cryin' out loud.

However, over the span of the "W" years, his record is closer to 60%. In fact, no one in the Senate (Donk or 'Pub) today has more votes counter to his party's position over the course of a senatorial career.

Looky here for votes on substantive issues on which JSM parted company with party:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/votes/against-party/

Big Red Ron
9/4/2008, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you on the above. Your assertion is misleading.

The Washington Post has him at 88% for this Congress (just the last two years). That number also includes several unanimous resolutions, including joint resolutions like congratulating the MNC football team for cryin' out loud.

However, over the span of the "W" years, his record is closer to 60%. In fact, no one in the Senate (Donk or 'Pub) today has more votes counter to his party's position over the course of a senatorial career.

Looky here for votes on substantive issues on which JSM parted company with party:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/votes/against-party/

FACTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Man that dude from Los Angeles is gonna be pissed. :D

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 03:35 PM
FACTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Man that dude from Los Angeles is gonna be pissed. :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/04/ap-attacks-praise-stretch_n_123771.html

you can dismiss the source, but as far as FACTS go i'm not sure that's the exact criterion you want to introduce...this was also the yahoo! homepage this AM so it's not merely the far lefty cranky. there's also a longer version (the yahoo one) that had several examples from Huckabee, Thompson, and Rudy's speeches....also playing fast and loose with the truth, at best.

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and her Republican supporters held back little Wednesday as they issued dismissive attacks on Barack Obama and flattering praise on her credentials to be vice president. In some cases, the reproach and the praise stretched the truth.

Some examples:

PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending ... and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for that Bridge to Nowhere."

THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."

PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform _ not even in the state senate."

THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.

PALIN: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, raise payroll taxes, raise investment income taxes, raise the death tax, raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars."

THE FACTS: The Tax Policy Center, a think tank run jointly by the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, concluded that Obama's plan would increase after-tax income for middle-income taxpayers by about 5 percent by 2012, or nearly $2,200 annually. McCain's plan, which cuts taxes across all income levels, would raise after tax-income for middle-income taxpayers by 3 percent, the center concluded.

tommieharris91
9/4/2008, 03:38 PM
I read that exact article on yahoo this morning.

King Crimson
9/4/2008, 03:42 PM
I read that exact article on yahoo this morning.

yeah, that was a longer version. it's an AP byline....not editorial content or Huffington content.

picasso
9/4/2008, 05:20 PM
I've been a McCain supporter since 1999.

And, no. You never WOULD have guessed that I felt that way.

Bull Butter. She's flawed. Wasn't vetted. She's ALREADY got scandal going on. She's unqualified. She's a "creationist nutter."

McCain's strength was that he was a moderate. A change from the Neo-Cons who have been destroying the Republican Party. What does he do? He goes out and gets another Neo-Con Zealot nutter as his running mate.

And how is it paying off? Obama's lead is GROWING in key battleground states. :mad:

I was feeling optimistic about McCain winning, but he's just alienated many of the moderates by "shoring up his 'base' of right wing religious nut jobs."

Me always. When will YOU learn to think for yourself?

Oh, yeah...the old, "I'm right no matter what" guy is telling me that MY philosophies suck. Wunderbar. :pop:

think for myself? are you kidding man? the reason she's being roasted by the media is because she's a threat to their man (and yous) Obama. heh.

I know I know, why didn't McCain grab another old white guy for his VP spot. or maybe not an old white guy but a rich white guy. yeah, that'd be great!

seriously, if she was on the other side we'd be hearing Olbermann swooning and Chris Matthews spouting about a tingle in his pants.

belch.

LosAngelesSooner
9/5/2008, 04:19 AM
think for myself? are you kidding man? the reason she's being roasted by the media is because she's a threat to their man (and yous) Obama. heh.

I know I know, why didn't McCain grab another old white guy for his VP spot. or maybe not an old white guy but a rich white guy. yeah, that'd be great!

seriously, if she was on the other side we'd be hearing Olbermann swooning and Chris Matthews spouting about a tingle in his pants.

belch.This might be a record for most WRONG in a single post.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2008, 09:47 AM
This might be a record for most WRONG in a single post.
FAIL.

Veritas
9/5/2008, 09:58 AM
Ok. Time out.

LAS, stop it. You're getting picked on, but you're also being antagonistic. The station towards which this train is headed isn't one at which you want to arrive. We've been here before. You have the ability to take it in a different direction by changing the tone of your posting.

Everybody else, jeebus. Get off him. So LAS thinks Palin is a bad choice. Maybe he's right. Who the hell really knows at this point? But LAS' disagreement with the choice of Palin doesn't make him any less Republican. If you've read LAS' posts over the years you'll realize that he's probably more conservative (at least WRT fiscal/foreign policy) than many proud Republican posters.

SoonerProphet
9/5/2008, 10:01 AM
he's probably more conservative (at least WRT fiscal/foreign policy) than many proud Republican posters.

Oh hogwash, don't you know that humanitarian interventionism and Trotsky like revolutionary zeal regarding "democracy" IS conservative foreign policy.

OU4LIFE
9/5/2008, 10:26 AM
Oh hogwash, don't you know that humanitarian interventionism and Trotsky like revolutionary zeal regarding "democracy" IS conservative foreign policy.

uh...no?

SoonerProphet
9/5/2008, 11:18 AM
uh...no?

exactly

OU4LIFE
9/5/2008, 12:15 PM
*whew*

that was close there for a second...

picasso
9/5/2008, 12:17 PM
This might be a record for most WRONG in a single post.

whatever man. you say Bush was a detriment to the Republican party yet you say you've supported John McCain since 1999? The same John McCain that is so much farther to the middle than George Dubya. Your mantra back in '03 was to not vote for Bush in order to get the party back on track.

dude you're so full of **** it's kind of funny. at least I can see where the honest Democrats on this board are coming from.

double pffft.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2008, 12:19 PM
IBTL

Veritas
9/5/2008, 12:27 PM
IBTL
Just barely.

Please do not take this ticklefight to other threads. TIA.