PDA

View Full Version : She's going to be a great Vp for McCain sorry my shift-p doesn't work.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I read that, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html

Man, you're worse than Biden...Jesus, let a guy finish editing his post before you try to pounce.

Did I mention, Weak Sauce? No?

Okay.

WEAK...SAUCE.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 04:31 PM
I think it's funny that a few of the same knocks on Palin are the same knocks on Obama.

lexsooner
8/29/2008, 04:32 PM
I seem to recall so many Republicans and radio pundits hated McCain's guts in past elections and as early as the primaries this year. So suddenly he becomes the Republican nominee, and the "Democrat in sheep's clothing" is suddenly the greatest thing since the Ronco Vegematic, and everyone is singing his praises. I like the guy, but more so when he was a maverick and stood more on his own beliefs. I do think his VP pick is a big mistake. Not a good choice at all. What in the world is he doing?

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:35 PM
Jesus, let a guy finish editing his post before you try to pounce.

Okay.

WEAK...SAUCE.

Not so fast, my friend! You know you fully posted that paragraph from the article without any attribution before going back and making a quote out of it. Better go back and make sure none of you other "insights" are lifted from your favorite rags.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:40 PM
I think it's funny that a few of the same knocks on Palin are the same knocks on Obama.
Except that they're not. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:41 PM
Not so fast, my friend! You know you fully posted that paragraph from the article without any attribution before going back and making a quote out of it. Better go back and make sure none of you other "insights" are lifted from your favorite rags.You just keep tellin' yourself that, okay?

I posted and quoted, but was editing to make sure the link was right and that my addition to the article was properly noted.

And even so, it doesn't make the argument any less solid. Why don't you try to take on the points raised?

Oh, yeah...'cause you can't.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:45 PM
You?

You're a liberal jackass.
Except for the fact that I'm a lifelong Republican who voted for Bush in 2000 and supported McCain in 1999 as well as all through this election. A lifetime member of the NRA, avid hunter and outdoorsman, personally hold the views of "pro-life" regarding the abortion issue (though I don't believe I should be able to enforce my moral beliefs on any other person's body), believe in smaller government and less taxes for the middle and lower classes.

But don't let the facts get in the way of the Infraction Warning you just earned yourself, Master Debater. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 04:46 PM
Here we have a crusty Navy pilot torture victim who roughed up a Nicaraguan Sandanista and a smokin' hot amateur pilot fisherwomen b-ballin' gun-nut nicknamed 'Barracuda.'

Together...

THEY FIGHT CRIME!

Sooner24
8/29/2008, 04:48 PM
Except for the fact that I'm a lifelong Republican who voted for Bush in 2000 and supported McCain in 1999 as well as all through this election. A lifetime member of the NRA, avid hunter and outdoorsman, personally hold the views of "pro-life" regarding the abortion issue (though I don't believe I should be able to enforce my moral beliefs on any other person's body), believe in smaller government and less taxes for the middle and lower classes.

But don't let the facts get in the way of the Infraction Warning you just earned yourself, Master Debater. ;)

Oh ouch make it stop. :rolleyes:

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:49 PM
Still sidestepping the great points that were raised?

WEAK...

(wait for it)

SAUCE.

The great points raised by you? Or by Paul Begala of CNN? Oh, wait. They're the same.

tommieharris91
Except that they're not. :rolleyes:

When it comes to "experience," the same knocks on Palin are the same knocks on Obama. Neither have been around very long.

LosAngelesSooner
Oh ouch make it stop. :rolleyes:The "I know you are, but what am I?!" argument worked better for you, Jr.

Now finish your Jell-O.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:50 PM
The great points raised by you? Or by Paul Begala of CNN? Oh, wait. They're the same.By the article I quoted.

Oh, yeah. Keep on side steppin'. You should teach aerobics.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:51 PM
When it comes to "experience," the same knocks on Palin are the same knocks on Obama. Neither have been around very long.Again...except they're not.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 04:53 PM
Gotta sidestep to avoid all the rolleye smileys.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 04:53 PM
Again...except they're not.
How not? Ohh yea, one has actually been in Washington, one lives in fairy tale political paradise.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 04:57 PM
One can hit the three, and one I'd hit 3 times?

One hates guns, the other I'd let fire my 3 inch ICBM of love?

One flops like a fish, the other catches and hopefully doesn't smell like fish?

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:58 PM
Gotta sidestep to avoid all the rolleye smileys.Then try addressing even one of the points raised.

How not? Ohh yea, one has actually been in Washington, one lives in fairy tale political paradise.Mayor of 9k. First term governor of ALASKA. Already under two federal investigations for misuse of power. Former winner of Ms. Congeniality in a beauty pageant she ran in.

Representative of one of the most populous states in the U.S. to the U.S. Senate. World traveling diplomat who already has relationships with and the respect of leaders of nations we're going to need strong ties to in the near future.

I could color in crayons to make the distinction more vivid.

Now, this isn't a debate of McCain vs. Obama. I'd be on the other side in that one, but to say that Pallin = Obama is idiotic.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2008, 04:59 PM
One can hit the three, and one I'd hit 3 times?

One hates guns, the other I'd let fire my 3 inch ICBM of love?

One flops like a fish, the other catches and hopefully doesn't smell like fish?
Again...more arguments on hos this ISN'T going to win McCain any of the Hillary supporters.

badger
8/29/2008, 05:01 PM
Oh, and she's on record saying that "she has no idea what the Vice President does all day." WAAAYYY to go there, McCain. You just gave up the one argument you had on why people should pick you over Obama.

I hate to see the Republicans run a campaign the way the Dems have been doing for the past 8 years.

For the record, the original vice president, John Adams, was on record 200 some years ago talking about how worthless the vice presidency role is. Basically, just like elementary school, the vice president sits around and waits for the president to get sick and not show up to school, hehe.

The reality of VP is not too far from that. VP takes over for prez if prez dies or the cabinet votes him incompetent (see "24" season two!) or the prez gets impeached or something.

The vice president also casts the deciding vote in Congress should it be necessary, but usually veep does not even attend sessions, except for the whole State of the Union, of course, where VP sits behind the president next to the Speaker of the House.

Personally, I think this is going to send dem's into just a LITTLE bit of a frenzy as they try to convince Hillary's voters to be Obama's voters. Emphasis on LITTLE. Most die-hard Dems are yellow-dog-Dems... as in, they will vote for a yellow dog before they don't vote for Dem.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 05:02 PM
You spelled it wrong. It's Palin.

And just because you smoke weed and eat sushi in LA doesn't mean you need to belittle my dearest Sarah as you dance your little hippie dance of tres' coolness with your supermodels and your Hollywood producers and your cokemules.

I will be on you like the fury of God on the Pharoah.

Like Bruce Lee on a band of approximately 20+ ninjas.

Like stink on my butt the day after a six pack and some enchiladas.

Be warned, mi amigo. *flexes muscles*

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 05:06 PM

And just because you smoke weed and eat sushi in LA doesn't mean you need to belittle my dearest Sarah as you dance your little hippie dance of tres' coolness with your supermodels and your Hollywood producers and your cokemules.

Uh, let me answer that one for LASooner...

:rolleyes:

yermom
8/29/2008, 05:07 PM
like Algebra?

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 05:07 PM

WTF does this have to do with anything? :confused:

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 05:08 PM
like Algebra?

LAS: :les: HILLARY BACKERS HATE THIS STUFF!!!

picasso
8/29/2008, 05:09 PM
there goes the Joe Biden "Obama is too inexperienced" argument.
fixed

:D

Widescreen
8/29/2008, 05:11 PM
LAS tells everyone here that he's Mr. Republican every election cycle but raise your virtual hand if you've EVER believed that BS. He'll bash whoever the republican nominee is and speak glowingly about the democrat. Meanwhile his arrogance leads him to believe that everyone who said that Palin was hot is going to vote for McCain on that basis. Guess what, LAS. Megan Fox is hot too but I wouldn't vote for her regardless of whose ticket she was on. But if she ran, I'd still say "she's hot". Let's save this thread for a couple of years and see if we don't hear the same tired crap from him in 2010.

picasso
8/29/2008, 05:21 PM
hey J Mack, I heard some talking heads on CNN question the move and wonder how in the world the VP is going to take care of her children and do her job at the same time. yes, a Democrat said this.

please.

Sooner24
8/29/2008, 05:23 PM
LAS tells everyone here that he's Mr. Republican every election cycle but raise your virtual hand if you've EVER believed that BS. He'll bash whoever the republican nominee is and speak glowingly about the democrat. Meanwhile his arrogance leads him to believe that everyone who said that Palin was hot is going to vote for McCain on that basis. Guess what, LAS. Megan Fox is hot too but I wouldn't vote for her regardless of whose ticket she was on. But if she ran, I'd still say "she's hot". Let's save this thread for a couple of years and see if we don't hear the same tired crap from him in 2010.

LAS is so full of crap his eyes are brown.

Sooner24
8/29/2008, 05:29 PM
http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/sarah_palin_02.jpg

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 05:37 PM
You just keep tellin' yourself that, okay?

I posted and quoted, but was editing to make sure the link was right and that my addition to the article was properly noted.

And even so, it doesn't make the argument any less solid. Why don't you try to take on the points raised?

Oh, yeah...'cause you can't.

So when did soonersn20xx start posting as LosAngelesSooner?

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 05:39 PM

Yup, definitely soonersn20xx.

Sooner24
8/29/2008, 05:42 PM
Yup, definitelty soonersn20xx.

heh! :D

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 06:04 PM
This says it best: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html
But you guys think she's a good choice for V.P. because..."she's hawt."

Jesus...

Dude...you're quoting Paul Begala! He's so ****ing Democrat that if Satan was a Democrat and running against Republican Jesus, he'd praise Satan and denounce Jesus. It doesn't matter what JSM or any Republican does, Begala will trash them on CNN any chance he gets.

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 06:07 PM
Dude...you're quoting Paul Begala! He's so ****ing Democrat that if Satan was a Democrat and running against Republican Jesus, he'd praise Satan and denounce Jesus. It doesn't matter what JSM or any Republican does, Begala will trash them on CNN any chance he gets.

Begala is a tool of gigantic proportions.

SouthFortySooner
8/29/2008, 06:16 PM
As I was strollin down the asphalt carnival today I came upon a brand new tent havin been put up. It is so outrageously, smakin pretty, I can't stop laughin at how the folks who "had tears streamin down my face last nite", must feel. I know, I know. I'm gonna vote for her jst because of how she looks. God Bless America. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Harry Beanbag
8/29/2008, 06:19 PM

You do every time you post. :D ;) :) :rolleyes:

Earickson
8/29/2008, 06:24 PM
Goooood. Gooooood

Everything is going according to my plans.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 06:36 PM
Bob Barr
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/Not if you're in Oklahoma or many other States. He's not on the ballot here.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 06:43 PM
This says it best: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html
But you guys think she's a good choice for V.P. because..."she's hawt."

Jesus...
I know there are many pages to this thread but that assertion certainly isn't the case.

She is an energy expert, an executive, a conservative, an intellectual, a competitor and has more experience than Barack Obama.

Any argument against her as some kind of lightweight or whatever can simply be applied to Barack. Which is simply another beautiful benefit to this choice.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/29/2008, 07:01 PM
For goodness sakes, that thread is still over there in that inappropriate forum.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 07:03 PM
I know there are many pages to this thread but that assertion certainly isn't the case.

She is an energy expert, an executive, a conservative, an intellectual, a competitor and has more experience than Barack Obama.

Any argument against her as some kind of lightweight or whatever can simply be applied to Barack. Which is simply another beautiful benefit to this choice.

If I may add to your excellent synopis, BHO has spent his time in office running for president. Sarah has spent her time in office cleaning up Alaska politics while raising five kids, one of whom is handicapped.

That woman will bust right thru that glass ceiling HRC takes credit for creating 18 million cracks in.

Its absolutely beautiful. I think this ticket is going to excite the GOP like they haven't been about any ticket since Reagan. She's already stolen BHO's helium.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 07:06 PM
Not if you're in Oklahoma or many other States. He's not on the ballot here.

I believe there are only two states he hasn't qualified to be on the ballot. I've changed my registration to Texas and not only is he on the ballot, but he's the only one who has legally qualified to get on the ballot. Both McCain and Obama failed to file on time.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 07:08 PM
I believe there are only two states he hasn't qualified to be on the ballot. I've changed my registration to Texas and not only is he on the ballot, but he's the only one who has legally qualified to get on the ballot. Both McCain and Obama failed to file on time.

Will you please stop with the Passive Agressive ticket. Bob Barr my arse. He's a loser.

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 07:09 PM

So :texan: s aint gonna get to Vote for anyone but your Boy ?

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 07:14 PM
Will you please stop with the Passive Agressive ticket. Bob Barr my arse. He's a loser.

Run along and mind your own ballot. Whatever right-wing nationalist/faux-conservative you want to vote for is your business.

You may go now.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 07:15 PM
So :texan: s aint gonna get to Vote for anyone but your Boy ?

Well, the state of Texas will give them an exemption, extension, what have you which is pretty normal in these circumstances. Legally though it isn't right. As Barr points out, if one of the minor 3rd party candidates were late filing then there's no way the state would give them an extension.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 07:20 PM
hey J Mack, I heard some talking heads on CNN question the move and wonder how in the world the VP is going to take care of her children and do her job at the same time. yes, a Democrat said this.

please.

Well it looks like her roughneck husband can become Mr. Mom.

Vaevictis
8/29/2008, 07:35 PM
A modern U.S. Navy carrier air wing consists of:
(...)

I would venture to say any former CAG has the intellect run a Fortune 500 company or the White House.

Out of curiousity, what's a Vietnam era U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing look like? I'm not being sarcastic -- I don't expect it to be much different, I'm just wondering exactly what it looked like.

-----------------------------

Look, there's no doubt in my mind that McCain has significant leadership experience. Don't think otherwise. I just don't consider McCain's experience level compared to Obama's to be a trump card that means McCain is automatically better.

I suspect that most of the folks who do are folks who would have voted for McCain if he hadn't had that experience. It's not really much of a trump card in that case, right?

Jerk
8/29/2008, 07:41 PM
I just wanted to say that, when I saw McCain introduce Sarah Palin today, a tingling sensation ran down my leg, and I began to cry.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 07:42 PM
see below:

Out of curiousity, what's a Vietnam era U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing look like? I'm not being sarcastic -- I don't expect it to be much different, I'm just wondering exactly what it looked like.

I'm reasonably certain it would be about the same, with different aircraft.

-----------------------------

Look, there's no doubt in my mind that McCain has significant leadership experience. Don't think otherwise. I just don't consider McCain's experience level compared to Obama's to be a trump card that means McCain is automatically better.

I suspect that most of the folks who do are folks who would have voted for McCain if he hadn't had that experience. It's not really much of a trump card in that case, right? probably, but the thing is, successful command of a large military organization requires considerable intellectual and leadership ability. The military doesn't suffer fools lightly. that's my main point.

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 07:42 PM
i think it's a pretty good pick, from the McCain perspective. though, i suspect like JM pointed out it wasn't McCain's first pick.

i do think it means the McCain camp has conceded that the "change" trope is going to be a part of this election and just stumping on trad GOP themes isn't going to be enough. despite the fact that Palin is Reagan's muse born again....as understood by the board...this is in the public view a fairly "progressive"/center move by the GOP.

i really thought it was going to be Romney. but i think this is a good gamble by McCain. bringing up the debates is pointless. unless one of the VP craps themselves visibly on TV...both sides will be gushing about the great win since they agree with what they agree with.

look at this dogpile.

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 07:45 PM
I just wanted to say that, when I saw McCain introduce Sarah Palin today, a tingling sensation ran down my leg, and I began to cry.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 07:46 PM
Run along and mind your own ballot. Whatever right-wing nationalist/faux-conservative you want to vote for is your business.

You may go now.

You need to learn politics, like life, is like a horserace. Your pick of horse may not always be running. You have to shrewdly put your money on the horse most likely to advance your interests and that has a chance to win among the horses in the race.

Pouting is unbecoming and ungentlemanly. It betrays a weakness of character.

StoopTroup
8/29/2008, 07:48 PM
Smack that bear a$$ Homey. :D

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 07:48 PM
You need to learn politics, like life, is like a horserace. Your pick of horse may not always be running. You have to shrewdly put your money on the horse most likely to advance your interests and that has a chance to win among the horses in the race.

If SicEm wants to take his ball and go home let him. ;) :D

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 07:49 PM
see below:

no offense, but civil society and governance are qualitatively different in their objectives than a military organization. i get what you say....and maybe you are right. but, i don't think it's something that should go unquestioned that institutions of civil society like the market or the press or education or whatever are de facto transferable to a military vision of the world.

i don't doubt the intelligence of the people in our military....but i don't think that governance in a free society is 1. the same as a corporation (with a pre-given end in mind--reward stock holders) or 2. the military (with a pre-given end--national defense.

there are qualitative differences. disagree with me all you want....but the military may not suffer a fool but how does it suffer critique from civilians if those civilians are in it's authoritative purview?

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 07:55 PM
KC,
The military expects its civilian leaders to at least have some sense of how we operate and conduct ourselves. The majority of those civilian leaders don't have that grasp.

Partial Qualifier
8/29/2008, 07:59 PM
The reason I love Palin is that she doesn't have experience in the sense that she hasn't yet compromised her principles for the sake of political expediency. She is definitely one of the most conservative leaders in the Republican Party today which has EVERYTHING to do with why I like her.

that's actually a great point sicem.

Hell, I'd be okay if all of our Presidential and VP candidates from here on out were similiarly "inexperienced". Prove you can successfully manage and lead a state, large business, section of the military, etc. and you're qualified to run for president in my opinion. We need more people like that in office and less of these stylized, slimy, groomed politicos.

I'm new to this political analysis thing so let me pick your ginormous branes: What would be so bad about a President & VP whom are both totally disconnected from the house & senate? To me it seems that's how it ought to be.

But then again I generally loathe politics (though this race suddenly has captured my interest)

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 08:01 PM
no offense, but civil society and governance are qualitatively different in their objectives than a military organization. i get what you say....and maybe you are right. but, i don't think it's something that should go unquestioned that institutions of civil society like the market or the press or education or whatever are de facto transferable to a military vision of the world.

i don't doubt the intelligence of the people in our military....but i don't think that governance in a free society is 1. the same as a corporation (with a pre-given end in mind--reward stock holders) or 2. the military (with a pre-given end--national defense.

there are qualitative differences. disagree with me all you want....but the military may not suffer a fool but how does it suffer critique from civilians if those civilians are in it's authoritative purview?

You are of course correct that command of a large and complex military organization is not a guarentee of executive potential, but its as good as any indicator we have. That said, I concede one of the most instinctively superb military leaders we ever produced, U.S. Grant, was a horrible president. However, Grant didn't do well in peacetime even in the Army. He was essentially cashiered based on lackluster performance and excessive drinking in 1854. OTOH, Ike did a superb job. As did Washington.

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 08:06 PM
KC,
The military expects its civilian leaders to at least have some sense of how we operate and conduct ourselves. The majority of those civilian leaders don't have that grasp.

that's a fair point. you are more qualified to speak to that than me. though, i'm not sure exactly that's what i'm talking about. i'm talking the perspective that causes the Bill of Rights to exist.

american governance is designed to be somewhat inefficient so it can tolerate disagreement. a military organization has a unified goal to which there may be different means...but, ultimately, the final end is rarely called to question. in a free society, the final end of governance should nearly always be called to question. whether it's from the perspective of the economy, or civil rights, or defense. this is consistent with the Framers.

JMO.

Vaevictis
8/29/2008, 08:11 PM
You are of course correct that command of a large and complex military organization is not a guarentee of executive potential, but its as good as any indicator we have.

I'd argue that the skill set is very similar, but not identical.

When a subordinate tells you to go **** yourself, you have a fundamentally different range of responses available as a superior in the military than in a civilian outfit.

I've seen former officers fall flat on their face once they got into the civilian world because they didn't adjust to that fact. (Of course, it could just be that they weren't very good to begin with -- I don't know.)

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2008, 08:17 PM
Oh noes! Someone SUCKED THE AIR RIGHT OUTA YOUR THREAD!

MojoRisen
8/29/2008, 08:23 PM
Then try addressing even one of the points raised.

Mayor of 9k. First term governor of ALASKA. Already under two federal investigations for misuse of power. Former winner of Ms. Congeniality in a beauty pageant she ran in.

Representative of one of the most populous states in the U.S. to the U.S. Senate. World traveling diplomat who already has relationships with and the respect of leaders of nations we're going to need strong ties to in the near future.

I could color in crayons to make the distinction more vivid.

Now, this isn't a debate of McCain vs. Obama. I'd be on the other side in that one, but to say that Pallin = Obama is idiotic.

Palin covers History, Change (with real views), Pro life, and anti anything Obama's brings to the plate. Obama has little experience and only won in illionois because of populos and color.. Kind of like the DC and Detroit Mayor -

Ideals vs Ideals with experience being equal - She kicks his arse in my rebuplican opinion- but the truth be told it is 50% / 50% no matter who runs.

bri
8/29/2008, 08:29 PM
Heh.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:34 PM

I bought into that for a very very long time. That's why I voted for Bush again in '04 and supported Dole when I was in 8th grade. I've decided that voting for the "lesser of two evils" is no way to ensure the health of the Republic.

I'm going to vote for someone that shares my convictions or, short of that, I'm going to do whatever I can to ensure I get what I want in the long run.

There is absolutely nothing desirable about McCain.

Jerk
8/29/2008, 08:36 PM

You want more Ruth Bater Ginsburgs on the Supreme Court? Go ahead and vote for Bob Barr, and if you and enough others do, that's what will happen.

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 08:36 PM
I bought into that for a very very long time. That's why I voted for Bush again in '04 and supported Dole when I was in 8th grade. I've decided that voting for the "lesser of two evils" is no way to ensure the health of the Republic.

I'm going to vote for someone that shares my convictions or, short of that, I'm going to do whatever I can to ensure I get what I want in the long run.

...but neither is being one of two-dozen people that will vote for Barr. I know what you're saying and can appreciate it, but voting for Barr doesn't help defeat Brack, voting for McCain will.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:40 PM
If SicEm wants to take his ball and go home let him. ;) :D

I'm not pouting, I'm just dismissing this right-wing nationalistic "McCain was in the military so he deserves to be President" crap.

Homey reminds me of one of those guys who must have gladly applauded the death of the Roman Republic and the rise of an Empire by a heroic military figure. I think that's the crux of my argument with Homey and it manifests itself into a whole litany of issues. He's an imperialist -- I'm a republican.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/29/2008, 08:41 PM

You don't support free trade?

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:41 PM
...but neither is being one of two-dozen people that will vote for Barr. I know what you're saying and can appreciate it, but voting for Barr doesn't help defeat Brack, voting for McCain will.

I'm not trying to defeat Barack. I'm trying to act in the long term (not short term) interest of limited-government conservatism.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:42 PM
You don't support free trade?

Nope. That's also my major sticking point with Barr.

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 08:43 PM
I'm not pouting, I'm just dismissing this right-wing nationalistic "McCain was in the military so he deserves to be President" crap.

I think of it as it making him more deserving then Brack is.

Okla-homey
8/29/2008, 08:45 PM

Homey reminds me of one of those guys who must have gladly applauded the death of the Roman Republic and the rise of an Empire by a heroic military figure. I think that's the crux of my argument with Homey and it manifests itself into a whole litany of issues. He's an imperialist -- I'm a republican.

No, I'm a realist. When you were still wearing short-pants to kindygarten, I and my brothers-in-arms were standing on the ramparts versus those who would destroy our way of life. The world is a dangerous place Slick. We need resolve and courage. Not platitudes.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:45 PM
I support free-trade insofar as it is between two roughly equal trading partners. I think perpetual free-trade agreements give away a portion of our sovereignty by not allowing us the flexibility to tweak trade agreements with changing situations.

I think another major problem is that no matter how industrious we are as a people, the liberals have crippled our ability to compete no matter how good our products are. Free trade is great if you are competing purely on quality/price in a truly free market. The problem is we have free-trade agreements with 3rd world countries that aren't hampered by our tough environmental standards, labor laws, taxes, regulations, etc. How is American industry suppose to compete against cheap labor when our own government had tied their hands behind their back?

bluedogok
8/29/2008, 08:54 PM
It really doesn't matter who wins, because both parties are for growth of government, continued consolidation of power and the continued erosion of The Constitution. They are effectively the same party just with different rhetoric during elections. When they get back to DC it will just be "business as usual" which means continuing to screw over the majority of the population that doesn't buy legislation....which is the majority of us. Both parties have been bought and paid and usually by the same people, we basically have the Roman Senate sitting in The Capitol. All they care about is how they can advance themselves and screw everyone else.

When either major party candidate "wins" we all lose......

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:56 PM
No, I'm a realist. When you were still wearing short-pants to kindygarten, I and my brothers-in-arms were standing on the ramparts versus those who would destroy our way of life. The world is a dangerous place Slick. We need resolve and courage. Not platitudes.

By platitudes, I suppose you mean the Constitution.

I respect the hell out of the military, but it's not be-all/end-all qualification to be President.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 08:57 PM
It really doesn't matter who wins, because both parties are for growth of government, continued consolidation of power and the continued erosion of The Constitution. They are effectively the same party just with different rhetoric during elections. When they get back to DC it will just be "business as usual" which means continuing to screw over the majority of the population that doesn't buy legislation....which is the majority of us. Both parties have been bought and paid and usually by the same people, we basically have the Roman Senate sitting in The Capitol. All they care about is how they can advance themselves and screw everyone else.

When either major party candidate "wins" we all lose......

:Applaud:

You sir, deserve a cookie.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 09:03 PM

I liked your schtick better when I saw it on A Few Good Men.

Stitch Face
8/29/2008, 09:05 PM

You were standing on the ramparts? Most of us just watch o'er them. Stand on them and you're liable to get yer azz shot off...I'm just sayin'

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 09:06 PM
Homey was in A Few Good Men? Cool, I didn't know.

Curly Bill
8/29/2008, 09:07 PM
You were standing on the ramparts? Most of us just watch o'er them. Stand on them and you're liable to get yer azz shot off...I'm just sayin'

Least he was in proximity to them. There are others that can't say the same.

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 09:08 PM
it's no accident that "realism" was the artistic form preferred by Stalin....because it made the course of history seem immutable...and beyond question.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 09:28 PM
You are of course correct that command of a large and complex military organization is not a guarentee of executive potential, but its as good as any indicator we have. That said, I concede one of the most instinctively superb military leaders we ever produced, U.S. Grant, was a horrible president. However, Grant didn't do well in peacetime even in the Army. He was essentially cashiered based on lackluster performance and excessive drinking in 1854. OTOH, Ike did a superb job. As did Washington.

Carter, LBJ, JFK, Walter Mondale, Al Gore, George McGovern, and many other liberals who you would never support have military experience. Just sayin'

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2008, 09:31 PM
Carter, LBJ, JFK, Walter Mondale, Al Gore, George McGovern, and many other liberals who you would never support have military experience. Just sayin'

Actually, according to Homey JFK wasn't a liberal.

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 09:37 PM

he missed the point altogether with his response. Probably just chose to avoid it altogether. i never said anything of the sort "that i pointed out no guarantees".

what i said is governance in the United States is based from it's onset in civilian rights *like the 2nd amendment* and not the organization of society along military lines. the military or corporate structures cannot tolerate inefficiency....but both democracy and republic are designed by the Framers with this in mind. checks and balances.

Aristotle lauds democracy for it's inefficiency. that it checks open militarism, oligarchy, and tyranny.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 09:38 PM
Hah, wow.

I'm assuming it's because he stood up to the Soviet Union? I guess in his estimation if you stand firm, defend the nation, and occasionally flex a little muscle then you must be a conservative because no liberal would ever defend the nation. I have nothing in common with liberals or Obama, but I just don't buy into this crap that the nation is going to collapse and we're all doomed to die in a terrorist attack if a Democrat is elected. I don't believe for a minute any President would fail to defend the nation. :rolleyes:

I guess Kennedy also had that fairly robust tax cut but aside from that, Kennedy was most certainly a liberal.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 09:40 PM
he missed the point altogether with his response. Probably just chose to avoid it altogether. i never said anything of the sort "that i pointed out no guarantees".

what i said is governance in the United States is based from it's onset in civilian rights *like the 2nd amendment* and not the organization of society along military lines. the military or corporate structures cannot tolerate inefficiency....but both democracy and republic are designed by the Framers with this in mind. checks and balances.

Aristotle lauds democracy for it's inefficiency. that it checks open militarism, oligarchy, and tyranny.

Well, I happen to agree. This is another reason why the Framer's ensured civilian control of the military.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 09:48 PM
She supported Pat Buchanan for POTUS in 2000.

She is for teaching creationism in schools.

Leroy Lizard
8/29/2008, 09:49 PM
When I saw first saw her, my only reaction was "Awooooooooooooo!!!"

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2008, 09:51 PM
She supported Pat Buchanan for POTUS in 2000.

Okay, now I am totally 200% head-over-heels in love for this chick. Palin for President -- to hell with McCain!

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:09 PM
Well, he's partially true. Reaganomics was actually partially lifted from JFK's slashing income taxes and capital gains taxes on the richest Americans which resulted in INCREASED tax revenue.

Also, he was a devout Catholic, thus pro-life.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:17 PM
Nope. That's also my major sticking point with Barr.
Since free trade began, the economy's of the US, Canada and Mexico have all grown by 50+%

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:19 PM
She supports drilling in ANWR. John McCain does not.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:20 PM
I believe there are only two states he hasn't qualified to be on the ballot. I've changed my registration to Texas and not only is he on the ballot, but he's the only one who has legally qualified to get on the ballot. Both McCain and Obama failed to file on time.45 out of a possible 52 (Puerto Rico and DC).

JohnnyMack
8/29/2008, 10:23 PM
Sarah Palin doesn't think Ted Stevens should resign.

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2008, 10:26 PM
Neither do I...innocent til proven guilty.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 10:26 PM
Since free trade began, the economy's of the US, Canada and Mexico have all grown by 50+%

Lack of trade prolonged and magnified the Great Depression.

tommieharris91
8/29/2008, 10:27 PM
45 out of a possible 52 (Puerto Rico and DC).

As long as your not doing Obama math...

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:30 PM
She supports drilling in ANWR. John McCain does not.
McCain has changed hus position on that. Anwar is on the table in the Mccain camp.

Big Red Ron
8/29/2008, 10:32 PM
As long as your not doing Obama math...
Nah, I think his was because he was tired. Mine id because I can't remember how many other territories that have votes.

soonerscuba
8/29/2008, 10:44 PM
All politics aside, how is being picked by a man and waiting for him to die or being an also-ran to a better campaigner breaking the glass ceiling?

Blue
8/29/2008, 10:47 PM
Bad choice, IMO. These politicians are on crack. It's the only explanation.

King Crimson
8/29/2008, 10:52 PM
All politics aside, how is being picked by a man and waiting for him to die or being an also-ran to a better campaigner breaking the glass ceiling?

and no love for Geraldine Ferraro?

jdsooner
8/29/2008, 11:47 PM
Poor choice. She is not ready for this and I could not vote to put her a heartbeat away from the presidency, especially with a 72 year old president.

Widescreen
8/30/2008, 12:47 AM
She's as ready as Obama. So who's next on your list?

Frozen Sooner
8/30/2008, 01:45 AM
McCain has changed hus position on that. Anwar is on the table in the Mccain camp.

Then why is ANWR out of the Republican platform?

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2008, 05:43 AM

Be warned, mi amigo. *flexes muscles*You were right about everything except the pot smoking. I don't do the stuff.

Oh, and PaLLin is plump and motherly, not hawt. Here's some pie.

:pop:

;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2008, 05:46 AM
LAS tells everyone here that he's Mr. Republican every election cycle but raise your virtual hand if you've EVER believed that BS. He'll bash whoever the republican nominee is and speak glowingly about the democrat. Meanwhile his arrogance leads him to believe that everyone who said that Palin was hot is going to vote for McCain on that basis. Guess what, LAS. Megan Fox is hot too but I wouldn't vote for her regardless of whose ticket she was on. But if she ran, I'd still say "she's hot". Let's save this thread for a couple of years and see if we don't hear the same tired crap from him in 2010.Except that my support of McCain kinda destroys your entire weak argument.

But don't let that stop you.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2008, 05:58 AM
She's as ready as Obama. So who's next on your list?
Uhm...NO. She's not.

And this is a bad argument to make.

McCain just put a big crack in his campaign and it's got me worried. You should be too.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2008, 07:13 AM

Flip. Flop?

GrapevineSooner
8/30/2008, 07:24 AM
Is it November 5th yet?

Widescreen
8/30/2008, 07:40 AM
McCain just put a big crack in his campaign and it's got me worried. You should be too.
LOL. Yeah, I'm sure you're worried.

Cam
8/30/2008, 08:05 AM
I think of it as it making him more deserving then Brack is.

It's not about just being in the military, it's what you do while you're in. HUGE ****ing difference. McCain being a former POW has **** all to do with him being qualified/deserving of being POTUS. If you said that the job(s) that he did while in the military is what makes him qualified/more deserving, I'd agree with you.

Great leaders surround themselves with exceptional people. If either of them are proven to be a great leader, it won't matter what their experience is/isn't in any particular area if they listen to the experts that they've brought into the fold.

SoonerStormchaser
8/30/2008, 08:11 AM
Shhh Cam...most of the doubters don't understand reason.

Cam
8/30/2008, 08:16 AM
Shhh Cam...most of the doubters don't understand reason.

I still haven't decided who I'm supporting yet. I'm just sick and tired of seeing people say "Well, McCain's a war hero, so he's getting my vote." It's about as high on the criteria ladder as "She's hawt so I'm going to vote for her" as far as I'm concerned. Neither should even be brought into the conversation as far as I'm concerned.

SoonerStormchaser
8/30/2008, 08:33 AM
That is most definitely true...
But it is ignorant of either side now to cite "lack of experience" as a detrimental factor. IMO, she has just as much experience as BHO...if not more (at least on the executive level).
JSM and Naughty Librarian aren't getting most of our votes on the SO because he's a military hero and she's the hawtest politician in the past century...they're getting it because they're in line with the political ideals that we as conservatives hold dear...ok, MOST of the ideals we hold dear. I have a tremendous amount of respect for BHO for how far he's come, but that man scares me. His voting record on military matters (my main issue, obviously) shows that he has been just about as anti-military as you can get as a politician.

Cam
8/30/2008, 09:48 AM
That is most definitely true...
But it is ignorant of either side now to cite "lack of experience" as a detrimental factor. IMO, she has just as much experience as BHO...if not more (at least on the executive level).
I agree. IMO, they both cancelled each other out on total experience by the running mates they chose. I still crack up though when I see the McCain commercial where they state that "Washington is broken" without stating that he's been an integral part of Washington for 25-30 years. Will his statements on how broken Washington is keep him from getting things done? IMO, that's a big question that needs to be asked.

JSM and Naughty Librarian aren't getting most of our votes on the SO because he's a military hero and she's the hawtest politician in the past century...they're getting it because they're in line with the political ideals that we as conservatives hold dear...ok, MOST of the ideals we hold dear. I have a tremendous amount of respect for BHO for how far he's come, but that man scares me. His voting record on military matters (my main issue, obviously) shows that he has been just about as anti-military as you can get as a politician.
But you're bringing up other points, which is what should be done. There are more than a few people who will vote for him simply for that reason, and that's what I have a problem with. I'm not just talking about the SO, I'm saying in general.

Both have their good points, both have their bad points. I'm just glad I've still got time to figure out who I'm going to vote for.

8/30/2008, 10:14 AM
Oh noes! Someone SUCKED THE AIR RIGHT OUTA YOUR THREAD!Someone who's pulling for fiscal sanity and love of country, no doubt.

SoonerStormchaser
8/30/2008, 10:26 AM
I give this thread one star...in German, that translates to "das booooo!"

GottaHavePride
8/30/2008, 10:29 AM
Both have their good points, both have their bad points. I'm just glad I've still got time to figure out who I'm going to vote for.

That right there... is the most coherent thing I've seen in a political thread here in MONTHS. Congratulations. :D

SoonerStormchaser
8/30/2008, 10:30 AM
Easy there, tiger.

SoonerStormchaser
8/30/2008, 10:31 AM
Politics isn't supposed to be coherent...it's supposed to be about everyone shouting at each other and nothing getting done. Geez GHP, you have to go and rationalize it!

GottaHavePride
8/30/2008, 10:33 AM
Time for this one again. :D

GfKlhZR7pm4

KaiserSooner
8/30/2008, 10:57 AM

It's definitely a big gamble on his part, and I'd be worried too if I were a McCain supporter, which I'm most certainly not.

To me, the Palin pick tells me a lot about the current psyche of the McCain campaign. They clearly wouldn't pick a high risk/high reward VP candidate if they were comfortable with the notion that a victory over Obama is within reach.

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 10:57 AM
I don't think military experience is the most important element, but it's one part of a well-rounded executive. In the past I've voted more dem, but I think it's interesting to finally have a candidate who is a little more of the total package, a la early American statesman or republican Romans. Activity in government at the local and national level, military service during a time of real conflict, extensive legislative experience, being an envoy around the world. McCain just has a bit more of the Renaissance man resume as far as politics go, similar to earlier leaders, as opposed to the recent trend of lawyers/businessmen who become legislators/governors for 2-4 years then find themselves popular enough to run for president, e.g. Clinton/W/Obama. Though some stridently deny it for personal reasons, military experience is once facet that reflects and/or fills out one's character.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/30/2008, 11:03 AM
Uhm...NO. She's not.

And this is a bad argument to make.

Sorry LAS - disagree. Oblahma is not qualified to lead the country. You say Palin's not - fine, same logic for Oblahma. He has done nothing except vote present. He was even handed the seat to him because of stupid GOP politics and sex scandal with Seven of Nine...

lexsooner
8/30/2008, 11:17 AM
It's definitely a big gamble on his part, and I'd be worried too if I were a McCain supporter, which I'm most certainly not.

To me, the Palin pick tells me a lot about the current psyche of the McCain campaign. They clearly wouldn't pick a high risk/high reward VP candidate if they were comfortable with the notion that a victory over Obama is within reach.

Concur. It's a Hail Mary play by the McCain camp. Probably not a good choice, but they feel they cannot win without extreme measures.

Okla-homey
8/30/2008, 11:26 AM
Concur. It's a Hail Mary play by the McCain camp. Probably not a good choice, but they feel they cannot win without extreme measures.

Do not underestimate the evil genius of the GOP's dark lords. Many have. The road to the White House is littered with their sun-bleached skulls.;)

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 11:30 AM

Definitely a gamble. I think they're trying to counteract the creeping popularity of Obama, eg his crawl to the top of the nomination after the initial popularity of Hillary. I think they're afraid his charisma will seep into people in the next two months. Palin may keep the focus on McCain enough to prevent that.

And anyone who thinks she's supposed to attract female Hillary voters is crazy. Do you really think a woman who voted for Hillary would vote for this Pro-Life creationist gun-nut? Palin is designed to hold on to moderate Republican female moms who might be drifting toward the Obama/Other Old Guy camp.

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 11:32 AM
Nevermind the Republican male moms...their voting power is negligible.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 11:35 AM
Palin was mostly chosen to solidify the conservative base of the Republican party.

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 11:39 AM
Palin was mostly chosen to solidify the conservative base of the Republican party.

That too. With a smile.

Right-wingers will adore her conservative cred, while I have a feeling it'll be a little easier for moderate types to swallow her beliefs than if she looked like, say, Dick Cheney.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 11:46 AM

Choosing a state governor is an extreme Hail Mary pick? Considering she's the only one of the four with any executive experience beyond McCain's military experience, and considering the donk candidate has almost no experience beyond running for office, I'd be interested in how you arrived at this conclusion. ???

Harry Beanbag
8/30/2008, 11:48 AM
Choosing a state governor is an extreme Hail Mary pick? Considering she's the only one with any executive experience beyond McCain's military experience, and considering the donk candidate has almost no leadership experienced beyond being running for office, I'd be interested in how you arrived at this conclusion. ???

Probably the same way they revised Joe Biden's history and suddenly he's a great statesman.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 11:50 AM
Probably the same way they revised Joe Biden's history and suddenly he's a great statesman.

That and some regurgitation of what they've heard on MSNBC or the Huffington Post.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 11:51 AM

Don't you imagine that right now Biden is scanning texts of old speeches and writings to see what he can use? ;)

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 11:53 AM
Choosing a state governor is an extreme Hail Mary pick? Considering she's the only one of the four with any executive experience beyond McCain's military experience, and considering the donk candidate has almost no experience beyond running for office, I'd be interested in how you arrived at this conclusion. ???

The Democrats are just pizzed because the only woman on the ticket isn't the chipmunk who wears pant suits and she's just as qualified, if not more qualified to be POTUS as the Obama is. With the exception, she'll actually come to work most of the time. Not to mention that the GOP's pulled a fast one on them.

As a Conservative Independent, the choice just got McCain my vote for sure, because if he would've picked the chick who is destroying ebay or Pawlenty or Lieberman, I would have either voted for Barr or stayed home and drank scotch on election night, depending on weather conditions.

Hell, I might even throw a few bucks into the McCain offering plate now.

Harry Beanbag
8/30/2008, 11:54 AM
Looks like somebody found the edit button. :)

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 11:57 AM
The fancy mod one that removes all evidence of a post.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 11:59 AM
If I wanted to leave a post that would get deleted what would I say...cause I've never done that before and I feel left out.

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 12:01 PM
If I wanted to leave a post that would get deleted what would I say...cause I've never done that before and I feel left out.

A personal attack on another poster probably. That's what happened here.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 12:03 PM
A personal attack on another poster probably. That's what happened here.

So...muwhahawhawhahawhahwha...who do I want to attack? :eek:

lexsooner
8/30/2008, 12:04 PM

Extreme and highly risky because: he chose a young, 44 year old female, which certainly is not a traditional VP choice; who is unknown in national political circles; who has less than two years of experience as Governor of a state with half the population of OKC; from a state where traditionally, politics are Texas-style (wild West corrupt); has some scandal in her past, whether real or not; a pro-lifer, creationist, and right winger who is supposed to help get disgruntled Hillary supporters away from Obama; side by side with McCain, looks like his granddaughter; is much more conservative than her running mate; take all that into account, one step away from the Presidency with a relatively old McCain. Heave one into end zone and hope and pray. . . . . I think HOPE can now be the catch word for both the Obama AND McCain campaigns.

tommieharris91
8/30/2008, 12:04 PM

**** off dip ****

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 12:05 PM

Me! Me! Me!:pop:

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 12:06 PM
**** off dip ****

Oh I see: you're showing me how it's done. :D

Stitch Face

No, no, you have to be a mod to do it right. That way you can remove all traces of your own infraction. If you do it you'll get in trouble and there will be a little tag left that says "post deleted for such-and-such reason."

Curly Bill
Me! Me! Me!:pop:

You're too easy. :P

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 12:09 PM
who is supposed to help get disgruntled Hillary supporters away from Obamaw

Again, not a chance...and not a reason she was chosen. See above.

I doubt Hillary voters will fall behind anyone with two X chromosomes.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 12:13 PM
Extreme and highly risky because: he chose a young, 44 year old female, which certainly is not a traditional VP choice; who is unknown in national political circles; who has less than two years of experience as Governor of a state with half the population of OKC; from a state where traditionally, politics are Texas-style (wild West corrupt); has some scandal in her past, whether real or not; a pro-lifer, creationist, and right winger who is supposed to help get disgruntled Hillary supporters away from Obama; side by side with McCain, looks like his granddaughter; is much more conservative than her running mate; take all that into account, one step away from the Presidency with a relatively old McCain. Heave one into end zone and hope and pray. . . . . I think HOPE can now be the catch word for both the Obama AND McCain campaigns.

You do realize this is two years experience more then Brack has at running anything beyond a campaign...and he's at the top of the donk ticket! ...and what the hell is a "traditional VP choice" --the office itself is really quite inconsequential beyond being an insurance policy, and at that I'd rather have a young vibrant state governor then an old Plagiarizer-In-Chief who's spent the greater part of his life in the US Senate.

soonerscuba
8/30/2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.vpilf.com/

Stitch Face
8/30/2008, 12:17 PM
You do realize this is two years experience more then Brack has at running anything beyond a campaign...

He threw a lot of block parties in south Chicago, don't forget that.

Curly Bill
8/30/2008, 12:18 PM
He threw a lot of block parties in south Chicago, don't forget that.

...and he can walk on water, that's gotta count for something. :D

SouthFortySooner
8/30/2008, 12:25 PM
Why does she make everyone smile. The feelgood aspect of this choice is going to be a knockout punch to the "lets nominate someone really weird", crowd.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/30/2008, 12:29 PM
http://www.vpilf.com/

she sure doesn't look like all those other presidents on dollar bills

Veritas
8/30/2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, thing is, McCain's choice was/is going to be criticized by libs/dems regardless of what he chose.

Frozen Sooner
8/30/2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, thing is, McCain's choice was/is going to be criticized by libs/dems regardless of what he chose.

Yeah, that doesn't sound familiar.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/30/2008, 12:43 PM
Kinda like a female Arnold Schwartzenegger, minus the groping. Prior to becoming governor, the only political accomplishments involved chairing a couple of Phys. Ed. committees. He had not been elected anything so much as classroom student council rep.

Yet he is so much better than Gray Davis, the man he replaced. And Davis had spent most of his adult life in elected office.

I think she's similar to Obama in one respect: she gives good speech.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 12:53 PM
Notice all the scrambling by national Dems and the bumble fuc*ked response by the Obama campaign immediately following her announcement.

If she's as eloquent and tough as she appears, this pick is an absolute stroke of genius.

bluedogok
8/30/2008, 12:56 PM
Yep, I much prefer "outside of the Beltway" candidates than those that have spent their entire adult lives working to be elected/re-elected. In most cases that kind of "experience" is way over-rated because their thought processes have been clouded by the "insider" thinking.

r5TPsooner
8/30/2008, 01:00 PM
You're too easy. :P

My wife says the same damned thing.:eek:

JohnnyMack
8/30/2008, 01:07 PM
Notice all the scrambling by national Dems and the bumble fuc*ked response by the Obama campaign immediately following her announcement.

If she's as eloquent and tough as she appears, this pick is an absolute stroke of genius.

Have you actually heard this woman speak? She's nothing special. I can't wait to hear her foreign policy debates.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 01:09 PM
Have you actually heard this woman speak? She's nothing special. I can't wait to hear her foreign policy debates.I have and she's not bad at all.

I can't wait to hear Obama debate McCain on foreign policy.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2008, 02:07 PM
Me either. I mean McCain has had some great positions of late. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 02:29 PM
Me either. I mean McCain has had some great positions of late. :rolleyes:
Yep, the "surge" in Iraq that has changed everything. Specific, achievable and realistic plans for how to deal with the Russian/Georgian conflict. Your boy is going to get whipped in that debate.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2008, 02:52 PM
The surge is a typical short sighted effort that won't change anything in the long term.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2008, 02:57 PM
Al-Maliki AND Bush both agree with Obama on the timeline. The lone holdout is McCain.

Big Red Ron
8/30/2008, 04:03 PM
Dude, everyone agrees we will be pulling troops out. Letting politicians set arbitrary deadlines is a recipe for disaster.

I like how all of a sudden Bush is someone you cite.

McCain is the guy that knows more about this stuff than anyone, except the generals on the ground, who BTW are the ones telling him not to set arbitrary deadlines.

MojoRisen
8/30/2008, 04:41 PM
We have populos vs Families with reason....

Few issues vs .... Ideology from a populus vote perspective.

experience vs experience , histeroy vs history, Change vs change

Who wins

Republic - and definitely keep your guns around

Chuck Bao
8/31/2008, 12:09 AM
What a stupid choice. I wish McCain would actually pinch himself as in that CNN International “I could pinch myself” promo that runs continually.

I can see the criticism and the fact that McCain isn't thinking about that heartbeat away thing. And, why should he care about that?

The choice is another slap down of the VP position in a Dan Quayle fashion and that is the perfect example at this point. She probably plays golf too.

Maybe it doesn’t matter and maybe it should.

It certainly casts doubt about a McCain presidency and his ability to surround himself with knowledgeable and experienced people.

McCain sending / allowing his wife, Cindy, to go to Georgia is just stupid scary. It may play well in the US, but overseas it is read as a very poor exercise in judgment from the next possible president of the US. The next US president needs to work with Russia in dealing with Iran and other hotspots and not unnecessarily antagonizing them. Work behind the scenes. Use diplomacy. It was a low chance gamble and it lost. Does anyone else see a pattern here?

With that being said, I like the Palin story and I like the idea that any man or woman can rise to a nationally prominence based on their talents and abilities, regardless of what state they represent or have served. I like the idea of a VP from Alaska. I like a VP and eventually a president with the name of Sarah. That is part of the Obama charm – someone with the abilities to lead rising up, however improbable, to the top position of the land.

Sarah Palin could be presidential material. I don’t know enough about her. I’m not impressed by what I’ve read so far.

Personally, I hope she gets some top-notched advisors and handlers, even if I don’t agree with some of her views on social issues.

Oh, and she reportedly has “gay” friends. Well, she could. I guess she could always call those Log Cabin Republicans and some wide-stance Republican senator as her friends.

SCOUT
8/31/2008, 12:32 AM
It certainly casts doubt about a McCain presidency and his ability to surround himself with knowledgeable and experienced people.

As a person who wets himself when Obama speaks, do you really want to use the people that surround a candidate as a factor in determining their judgment?

Seriously?

Sooner Eclipse
8/31/2008, 12:59 AM
Apparently the dems don't see the logic in putting the person with less experience in the second chair. They think it makes sense to put him in the lead role and relegate the experienced person to second.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2008, 01:23 AM
As a person who wets himself when Obama speaks, do you really want to use the people that surround a candidate as a factor in determining their judgment?

Seriously?

What are you talking about? Wets himself? What?

I did say that Obama's speech brought tears to my eyes and I never thought I could cry, ever. If that is what you mean by wets himself. That's fair.

Of course, a US president needs to surround himself with good people.

What is your point?

Chuck Bao
8/31/2008, 01:30 AM
On a side note, that was after the Baylor blow-out loss and I had been drinking just a bit when I admitted that. I would have also admitted that I love you guys and I'm surprised that I didn't. Nevertheless, the point still stands. Obama's speech gave me tremendous pride that we aren't about ourselves but a bigger picture.

SCOUT
8/31/2008, 01:31 AM
What are you talking about? Wets himself? What?

I went. I went so far that I wet my pants. And, yeah, I cried. I didn't know I could still cry.

I did say that Obama's speech brought tears to my eyes and I never thought I could cry, ever. If that is what you mean by wets himself. That's fair.

Of course, a US president needs to surround himself with good people.

What is your point?

William Ayers, Reverend Wright and so on and so on...

Sooner Eclipse
8/31/2008, 01:40 AM
William Ayers, Reverend Wright and so on and so on...

Ouch...

Chuck Bao
8/31/2008, 01:41 AM
You are right, Scout. I guess I did post that. I apoligise. I don't think I actually wet my pants. I could have peed off the balcony, though, and called it a rain storm. Who knew? Football season and I'm probably going to pee myself again.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2008, 01:51 AM
No ouchies. If Bill Ayers or Reverend Wright is part of an Obama cabinet, I'll agree.

I really think that Obama is gonna kick McCain's butt in a debate on foreign policy. It is pretty easy. Obama can attack the Bush administration's failed record and McCain has a choice of either trying to defend it or distance himself from it. Either way, it is McCain on the defensive.

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2008, 02:54 AM
If I hear somebody say "one heartbeat away" again, I'm gonna hurl.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2008, 04:01 AM
You are right, Scout. I guess I did post that. I apoligise. I don't think I actually wet my pants. I could have peed off the balcony, though, and called it a rain storm. Who knew? Football season and I'm probably going to pee myself again.

To be fair, I wet my pants every time Baylor manages to complete a pass for positive yardage. I haven't had an accident in a very long time.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 07:23 AM
Apparently the dems don't see the logic in putting the person with less experience in the second chair. They think it makes sense to put him in the lead role and relegate the experienced person to second.

You get the difference, right? 18+ million people picked Obama, while one apparently bat**** crazy old man picked Palin.

Okla-homey
8/31/2008, 07:33 AM
You get the difference, right? 18+ million people picked Obama, while one apparently bat**** crazy old man picked Palin.

Ah, that is where you are wrong JM. A "silly old man" didn't pick Palin. The Dark Lords of the GOP Empire picked Palin. In fact, perhaps they created her with just this purpose in mind only a few years ago when they bid her to become governor of AK. And they have a better record since FDR than your side of picking candidates to pitch to the rabble. It is all going according to a well-ordered plan;)

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 07:43 AM
Sadly I'm afraid you're correct. The sheep continue to bleet.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 07:58 AM
Ah, that is where you are wrong JM. A "silly old man" didn't pick Palin. The Dark Lords of the GOP Empire picked Palin. In fact, perhaps they created her with just this purpose in mind only a few years ago when they bid her to become governor of AK. And they have a better record since FDR than your side of picking candidates to pitch to the rabble. It is all going according to a well-ordered plan;)

Yes this man YOU chose continued to try and pick one pro choice VP after another as he hid behind his war hero status. But in the end they pandered to a base that threatened to disentegrate before their very eyes if McCain didnt do something drastic. Now the republicans will extole her virtues of change to try and get them elected, the very ones they chastised Obama for.

GrapevineSooner
8/31/2008, 08:05 AM
Sadly I'm afraid you're correct. The sheep continue to bleet.

Yep.

On both sides.

Now is it November 5th yet?

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 08:18 AM
Yep.

On both sides.

Now is it November 5th yet?

No, but OU football has started, so we're definitely getting closer!

Okla-homey
8/31/2008, 08:21 AM
Yes this man YOU chose continued to try and pick one pro choice VP after another as he hid behind his war hero status. But in the end they pandered to a base that threatened to disentegrate before their very eyes if McCain didnt do something drastic. Now the republicans will extole her virtues of change to try and get them elected, the very ones they chastised Obama for.

pretty cool ain't it?:D

Sooner Eclipse
8/31/2008, 09:48 AM

Lemme get this straight -18+ million are willing to trust our future to a man that has never held an executive position in his life and has spent his very short career in the senate doing nothing but trying to get elected president.

Who are the bleeting sheep? Sounds like the heard maybe about 18+ million strong.

Look, I dislike the McCain choice for a lot of his positions, but you are insane if you don't see the socialist/marxist tendancies in Obama.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 10:47 AM
It's about choices. Having them or not having them. Right or wrong, people chose to nominate Obama. With Palin there is no choice.

Stitch Face
8/31/2008, 10:57 AM
So you're down with an egomaniac who has no real experience if it's the collective will of your party, but you'd be opposed to him if Biden were the nominee and had selected Obama as the VP?

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 11:43 AM
If Obama hadn't run for POTUS and came from nowhere? Yes, I'd be skeptical, much as I am of Palin. Add in Palin's record of intolerance and she simply isn't someone I could ever support.

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 11:44 AM
If Obama hadn't run for POTUS and came from nowhere? Yes, I'd be skeptical, much as I am of Palin. Add in Palin's record of intolerance and she simply isn't someone I could ever support.

Oh my, I could faint from schock!

GrapevineSooner
8/31/2008, 11:50 AM
It's about choices. Having them or not having them. Right or wrong, people chose to nominate Obama. With Palin there is no choice.

No, they can't nominate her this late into the campaign. But judging by the extra $7 million that the campaign has raked in, I'd say some McCain supporters are 'choosing' with their wallets.

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 11:52 AM
No, they can't nominate her this late into the campaign. But judging by the extra $7 million that the campaign has raked in, I'd say some McCain supporters are 'choosing' with their wallets.

Yup, I'm not a big McCain fan but I like this choice a lot. I also like how the Pubs put the less experienced person in the 2nd slot, that somehow makes sense to me. :D

r5TPsooner
8/31/2008, 12:02 PM
Yup, I'm not a big McCain fan but I like this choice a lot. I also like how the Pubs put the less experienced person in the 2nd slot, that somehow makes sense to me. :D

Change? Oh wait... someone else is running on that platform.

Biden is really a change.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 12:16 PM
Change? Oh wait... someone else is running on that platform.

Biden is really a change.:rolleyes:

A young vibrant M.I.L.F > A stale old plagiarizer

Big Red Ron
8/31/2008, 12:36 PM
No ouchies. If Bill Ayers or Reverend Wright is part of an Obama cabinet, I'll agree.

I really think that Obama is gonna kick McCain's butt in a debate on foreign policy. It is pretty easy. Obama can attack the Bush administration's failed record and McCain has a choice of either trying to defend it or distance himself from it. Either way, it is McCain on the defensive.You are simply delusional.

If you don't think Wright and Ayers will be issues in this campaign you're off your rocker.

Also, simply because Obama has no record on foreign policy means he'll show poorly on those debates. Hillary's 3am ad made him lose 8 of the last 10 primaries in the democratic contest. It reminds me of the Willie Horton ad Al Gore threw out in the primary against Dukakis, which ended up helping Bush win. It'll be almost the same.

SoonerStormchaser
8/31/2008, 12:43 PM
Well, the discussion has been (mostly) civil thus far...

SanJoaquinSooner
8/31/2008, 01:23 PM

It about choices. Having them or not having them. Right or wrong, 18 million people chose to vote for Senator Clinton. One person chose Biden (OK, and 8 or 10 others in the early primaries).

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 01:42 PM
Hillary lost. How's about you let it go?

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2008, 01:51 PM
If Bill Ayers or Reverend Wright is part of an Obama cabinet, I'll agree.

OK then. Chuck's opinion officially loses all credibility. A racist hater & a known terrorist in a presidential cabinet?

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2008, 01:52 PM
Johnny, are you ready for your meltdown yet?

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 02:27 PM
Johnny, are you ready for your meltdown yet?

Are we going to Arby's?

GrapevineSooner
8/31/2008, 02:48 PM
Mmmmm, ham and egg melts at IHOP sound good right about now.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2008, 04:42 PM
Are we going to Arby's?

It'll be a limited menu since Obama doesn't eat ham. ;)

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2008, 04:44 PM
It'll be a limited menu since Obama doesn't eat ham. ;)

For five and a half years, John McCain couldn't eat ham.

*-That's not a joke about his POW time, that's a joke about him trotting out the POW time every time his judgment is questioned about anything.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2008, 05:15 PM
Sorry Johnny, no Arby's. :(

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 05:21 PM
For five and a half years, John McCain couldn't eat ham.

*-That's not a joke about his POW time, that's a joke about him trotting out the POW time every time his judgment is questioned about anything.

POST REPORTED!!!

DEAN!!!

Mike's talking down about McCain's service.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry Johnny, no Arby's. :(

cheap bastard.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/31/2008, 09:08 PM
Curly Bill's wet dream

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00390/pp185x_390911a.jpg

Curly Bill
8/31/2008, 09:09 PM
Curly Bill's wet dream

Your point? :D

SanJoaquinSooner
8/31/2008, 10:12 PM
Your point? :D

just joking w/ ya

9/2/2008, 02:49 PM
The MSM has now found a way to go after Sarah's oldest daughter.

9/2/2008, 02:52 PM
Now that the media has tried to skewer Palin by going after her family, do you think she or McCain wil cry "uncle"?

JohnnyMack
9/2/2008, 03:02 PM
Anybody else find it interesting that McCain sent his vetters back to Alaska?

Widescreen
9/2/2008, 03:18 PM
Yes, I'm so interested I can't focus on anything else.

Actually I don't know what you're referring to but I'm sure you'll post a link about it shortly.

bri
9/2/2008, 03:24 PM
Anybody else find it interesting that McCain sent his vetters back to Alaska?

"back" implies that he sent them a first time. :D

I keed, I keed...

r5TPsooner
9/2/2008, 04:07 PM
Now that the media has tried to skewer Palin by going after her family, do you think she or McCain wil cry "uncle"?

That doesn't seem to be there style.

Okla-homey
9/2/2008, 05:09 PM

no, but they may point out that the Obamessiah's mom got preggers at 17 to a man to whom she wasn't married, and subsequently married him. Hello pot? This is kettle. Nice to meetcha!

Harry Beanbag
9/2/2008, 05:13 PM
The false scandalization of this is despicable. I mean, it's not like Miss Palin was out making shady real estate deals, attending racist hate filled churches for twenty years, or having beers with known terrorists or something like that. She's having a baby, which as much as it may pain some of the socialists in this country, is still legal.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 08:54 AM
Curly Bill's wet dream

I would much rather have this a heartbeat away from the Presidency than the Plagiarer in Chief (Biden) who cheated and lied on his graduate thesis and continued to plagiarize in his career and get favors for his son's doing lobbying work for no experience...

I'm sorry, but after writing and editing a graduate dissertation and a thesis, you get no pass from me on this. Its not hard to write proper, its cheap and expedious to plagiarize - and then to do it so badly so as to get caught. No honor, no integrity and no morals in Biden...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 09:07 AM
no, but they may point out that the Obamessiah's mom got preggers at 17 to a man to whom she wasn't married, and subsequently married him. Hello pot? This is kettle. Nice to meetcha!

Oblahma's mom pregger at 17 = Nag gangers praise her to high heaven and is the second coming of the Virgin Mary

Palin's 17 y.o. daughter = Nag gangers say that Palin's not fit because she can't manage her family and she should stay home to take care of her children.

Nag gangers are only for single parenthood and women climbing the corporate ladder when they are liberals, not conservatives.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 09:15 AM
Obama's Momma's Momma wasn't running for public office.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 09:21 AM
Obama's Momma's Momma wasn't running for public office.

What difference does that make? Nag ganger's should be praising Palin and her rise up the ladder and her ability to juggle home and work.

C&CDean
9/3/2008, 09:22 AM
Only one comment on this whole deal.

Palin's family/life issues are pretty much a microcosm of the average American family. She's managed to move ahead while raising kids and dealing with personal crap the average American deals with every day. This is a refreshing change for me. The average politician has "people" to deal with their day-to-day drama.

I believe Palin is a great choice. I also believe McCain knew what he had to do, and he's done it. If this was a Brack/Palin contest, she'd clean his clock.

swardboy
9/3/2008, 09:36 AM
And now democratic operatives have released Palin's social security #....this will endear them to the voters.....

Veritas
9/3/2008, 09:44 AM
Palin's family/life issues are pretty much a microcosm of the average American family. She's managed to move ahead while raising kids and dealing with personal crap the average American deals with every day.
Agreed. I find it amazing that folks are getting so sanctimonious about her stand on abstinence and her daughter being pregnant, as though the choices that her daughter made somehow invalidate her position.

Who here didn't have sex before they were married? I did, and with gusto, regardless of the fact that I grew up in a Christian home where abstinence was the gospel. My actions and the actions or probably all but a tiny handful of people do not invalidate the fact that there is quite a lot of societal good that would come if people suddenly adopted the idea of abstinence (STDs, unwanted pregnancies, etc). Abstinence represents an ideal if wholly unrealistic circumstance.

Same thing with her husbands DUI 24 years ago. It's hilarious how people like to get all high and mighty when talking about someone else getting a DUI, as if they haven't driven with a BAL over the legal limit. If you drink outside of your house, the odds that you've driven while legally drunk are infinitesimally high, and the only reason you (and I) don't have a DUI is sheer dumb luck.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 09:52 AM
Who here didn't have sex before they were married?

SicEm, he's talking to you.

The Maestro
9/3/2008, 10:06 AM
I watched a lot of the action last night and I have to say this...while I am a McCain supporter and think Palin may turn out to be a good choice, mentioning her role as commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard as some kind of experience is quite laughable. I mean...really??? Did the caribou revolt?? Let's stick with "she's a mover, shaker, young up and comer, has in roads for more oil in ANWR, against big government and anti-establishment". But commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard? That's almost embarrasing to mention that as "heartbeat away" experience. Not to say that Obama has any experience in that department, but that is not a selling point at all for me.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:10 AM
I watched a lot of the action last night and I have to say this...while I am a McCain supporter and think Palin may turn out to be a good choice, mentioning her role as commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard as some kind of experience is quite laughable. I mean...really??? Did the caribou revolt?? Let's stick with "she's a mover, shaker, young up and comer, has in roads for more oil in ANWR, against big government and anti-establishment". But commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard? That's almost embarrasing to mention that as "heartbeat away" experience. Not to say that Obama has any experience in that department, but that is not a selling point at all for me.

Did you see McCain's guy get totally pwnt when he tried to use that argument? It was funny.

The Maestro
9/3/2008, 10:17 AM
Did you see McCain's guy get totally pwnt when he tried to use that argument? It was funny.

Yes, and I think it is cheesy that McCain's camp pulled a Larry King interview off the air to revolt against CNN. I mean, play the game. You picked Palin so support her strengths...mentioning the Alaskan National Guard is weak sauce. The guy should have stuck with the premise of "top of the ticket" experience and Palin being a solid understudy who can shake things up. But trying to act like she is some kind of military leader in Alaska was just plain goofy.

Regardless, those who support Obama can laugh about it until they consider their own choice and his experience in this department.

Jerk
9/3/2008, 10:20 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/norge1956/pal.jpg

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:21 AM
One has been constantly portrayed as Un-American, Muslim, Communist, Terrorist & Racist.

One has been portrayed as the All-American Hockey Mom.

So this publication tries to balance it back out. What's the big deal?

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, especially given that it's freaking Us Weekly. They're one step above the Weekly World News. Who cares.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, especially given that it's freaking Us Weekly. They're one step above the Weekly World News. Who cares.

People standing in line at Wal Mart?

SoonerInKCMO
9/3/2008, 10:30 AM
Who's the 19-year old that Brooke's mom is dating? Do you think her and Brooke share?

Jerk
9/3/2008, 10:32 AM

Is that the target audience of US Weekly?

Veritas
9/3/2008, 10:32 AM
Maybe. If one looks for media bias against their position, they're going to find it. It might be a bottom feeder like Us Weekly, but it can be found.

Conservatives whine about liberal slant in the media. Liberals whine about conservative slant in the media. WTFever. There are enough news sources that anyone can find a source to tell them what they want to hear, regardless of their position.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:33 AM
Is that the target audience of US Weekly?

I reckon.

Sooner Eclipse
9/3/2008, 10:48 AM
One has been constantly portrayed as Un-American, Muslim, Communist, Terrorist & Racist.
Name one MSM outlet that has said any of this (except the socialist/communist assertions - which he is) Now that used to imply being Un-American but now libs see socialism/communism as our future.

One has been portrayed as the All-American Hockey Mom.
I've seen no MSM outlet that has portrayed her as any of this except possibly FOX. And they are reporting all the stories so far, just not putting on some dem hack posing as an analyst to explain why she is such an awful choice like MSNBC is doing.

That publication has done nothing but push him like crack in Compton where they've done nothing but attempt to smear her before they know anything about her.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2008, 10:55 AM
I didn't say the media had done this. Did I?

olevetonahill
9/3/2008, 11:01 AM

So your sayin Bracks a Bastard ? :D
good jorb

Sooner Eclipse
9/3/2008, 11:32 AM
I didn't say the media had done this. Did I?

You and I arguing these points doesn't change public opinion about the subject. MSM does.

So to you a bunch of individual emailing crap to each other about Barack = muslim is the same as MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, magazines attacking this woman and her family.

SicEmBaylor
9/3/2008, 11:58 AM
SicEm, he's talking to you.

Not me. I actually swiped my "V" card very early, but suffered a long sustained drought thereafter.

Echoes
9/3/2008, 12:06 PM

Maestro,

Besides the national guard experience, did you see what else they mentioned? I heard on MSNBC (didn't see the actual interview with the McCain camp) but one of their anchors mentioned that they had actually cited the PTA as executive experience for her. LOL. the pta? Are you kidding me?

Listen, I know Obama has no experience. There's no way you can even argue it. McCain has tons of it.. but to say Palin has exec. experience because she was the leader of the PTA is straight up pushing it.

As a disclaimer, I can't find the actual link from the interview where the McCain guy said that. Only reports on CNN and such of them saying it.

C&CDean
9/3/2008, 01:10 PM
So both sides have goofy mother****ers pimping their hoes. Let me put on my surprise face...

TheHumanAlphabet
9/3/2008, 01:10 PM
^^^

Not doubting you, but I love it when the MSM reports someone saying that someone else reported that someone said the thing...

Someone should send the CNN "reporters" back to school or give CNN a refundbecuase these "reporters" got their job by fraud, because they obviously don't know the first thing about reporting, i.e. go to the source and dig up confirming information. I do - 9 hours of journalism, and I have an AP byline on a story of Iranians rioting on campus...

The Maestro
9/3/2008, 01:15 PM
Maestro,

Besides the national guard experience, did you see what else they mentioned? I heard on MSNBC (didn't see the actual interview with the McCain camp) but one of their anchors mentioned that they had actually cited the PTA as executive experience for her. LOL. the pta? Are you kidding me?

Listen, I know Obama has no experience. There's no way you can even argue it. McCain has tons of it.. but to say Palin has exec. experience because she was the leader of the PTA is straight up pushing it.

As a disclaimer, I can't find the actual link from the interview where the McCain guy said that. Only reports on CNN and such of them saying it.

Yeah, and don't even bring up the time as mayor of a town that equates to Macomb, Oklahoma. Just not something about Palin that needs to be pushed. Focus on real stuff...the "executive experience" isn't going to cut it.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, and don't even bring up the time as mayor of a town that equates to Macomb, Oklahoma. Just not something about Palin that needs to be pushed. Focus on real stuff...the "executive experience" isn't going to cut it.
Well, running a state isn't nothing. I find it rather humerus that Obama's campaign cites his running a Presidential campaign as equal to or greater than running Alaska. WOW, I am from a Democrat family (almost all were for Hillary,, some for Biden) but now they are sick that their party is "stuck" with Obama. I still can't believe he's their nominee, sure he'll get votes but more than Gore or Kerry? I just can't see it. My mother, who is a died in the wool Democrat and has voted Democratic in every Presidential election she's voted in is going to vote for McCain and is a little queasy about it but just simply cannot vote for Obama.