PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Community College president resigns due to beer photos

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 08:11 AM
That's one way to have to quit your job. At least he goes down in flames because of beer and chicks :D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,413101,00.html

FORT DODGE, Iowa — An Iowa community college president resigned less than a week after a photo was published appearing to show him pouring beer into a young woman's mouth.

The school's board of trustees on Thursday unanimously approved Robert Paxton's resignation. It also approved a severance package that officials said was valued at about $400,000.

Mark Crimmins, the president of the board, said although the incident happened in Paxton's private life, "it reflected poorly on the college."

"Based on our discussions, it was determined that it would probably be in Dr. Paxton's best interest and the college's best interest that he resign as president," Crimmins said.

The photo, which was published Saturday in The Des Moines Register, shows Paxton with a group of young people on a boat. He is holding a small keg above a young woman's head. The Register said the photo was taken over the Fourth of July weekend at Lake Okoboji and sent to the paper unsolicited.

A message left at Paxton's office wasn't immediately returned Thursday. He previously defended the photograph, saying the keg shown was broken and wasn't dispensing beer.

Paxton, president of the Fort Dodge school for 13 years, signed a three-year contract days before the photo was taken. As part of his severance package, he will be paid for two of those years and get health benefits for a period of time.

Chuck Peterson, former vice president of financial affairs, was tapped to step in as liaison during the search for Paxton's replacement.

Boomer.....
8/29/2008, 08:18 AM
TTIWWOP, so...

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/493/robertpaxtonopensthespivj3.jpg

OUDoc
8/29/2008, 08:19 AM
What is wrong with this world?
Unless that girl is underage, what did he do to deserve getting fired?

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 08:20 AM
I was getting to the photo, but thanks for posting it. Looks like the gal on the bottom right is chugging on some vodka or something.

SoonerJack
8/29/2008, 08:21 AM
What's this world coming to when a college president can't party on a boat with some of the students?

Ike
8/29/2008, 08:25 AM
Lets face it. As a nation, we expect that school administrators, as well as teachers and professors, have absolutely no social life.

:les: THEY'RE TEACHING OUR KIDS FOR CHRISSAKES!
:rolleyes:

Ike
8/29/2008, 08:27 AM
What's this world coming to when a college president can't party on a boat with some of the students?

We don't even know it was with students.

It could have been anyone...maybe even members of his extended family or something.

OUDoc
8/29/2008, 08:27 AM
Lets face it. As a nation, we expect that school administrators, as well as teachers and professors, have absolutely no social life.

:les: THEY'RE TEACHING OUR KIDS FOR CHRISSAKES!
:rolleyes:
Don't forget politicians. My brother actually told me he holds politicians to a higher standard than he holds himself. I don't get it.

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 08:28 AM
Don't forget politicians. My brother actually told me he holds politicians to a higher standard than he holds himself. I don't get it.

I try to post a thread about beer and chicks...and someone goes political on it. Geeze. :D
Tis the season I guess

Just messing with you, that is an odd thing your bro told you

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 08:30 AM
Is it just me or does the gal chuggin the mini keg either have a beer gut or is prego??

Taxman71
8/29/2008, 08:37 AM
Dang, getting fired pays very well these days (see John Q. Porter).

Boomer.....
8/29/2008, 08:44 AM
Is it just me or does the gal chuggin the mini keg either have a beer gut or is prego??

Oh, she has herself a nice beer gut. :texan:

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2008, 09:05 AM
Are we really talking about community college? [/Iverson]

soonerinabilene
8/29/2008, 09:15 AM
Its not even a real keg. You can buy those at the supermarket for 12 bucks. If the photo was taken in his office, then yeah, he should get in trouble. On a boat on the 4th of July, when half of America is doing the exact same thing, no.(unless he or someone else drinking was driving the boat)

Boarder
8/29/2008, 02:18 PM
They're saving cups. Good for the environment! If anything he should be commended.

Btw, I know it's Coors Light but that little mini-keg thing is cool. I've never seen one.

birddog
8/29/2008, 02:42 PM
i'm not sure but i think i see a nipple.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/29/2008, 02:47 PM
That guys looks really young to be a president and I want a severance package that is $400,000! Damn!

yermom
8/29/2008, 02:53 PM
partying with drunk chicks in bikinis AND $400k

i need to hang out with this dude

maybe Arizona State has an opening :D

tulsaoilerfan
8/29/2008, 06:49 PM
Its not even a real keg. You can buy those at the supermarket for 12 bucks. If the photo was taken in his office, then yeah, he should get in trouble. On a boat on the 4th of July, when half of America is doing the exact same thing, no.(unless he or someone else drinking was driving the boat)

I agree, but i sure as hell wish a photo like this of me could get me a 400K severance package:D

Earickson
8/29/2008, 07:00 PM
this could have been used as an awesome college recruitment tool.

Opportunity blown.

StoopTroup
8/29/2008, 07:15 PM
I think he should have been fired for such a poor choice in beer.

OKC Sooner
8/29/2008, 07:16 PM
i'm not sure but i think i see a nipple.

... as we all quickly scroll back up to the pic. :D

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 07:24 PM
... as we all quickly scroll back up to the pic. :D

I didnt , I had studied it with a Magnifying Glass already :P

tulsaoilerfan
8/29/2008, 10:56 PM
I didnt , I had studied it with a Magnifying Glass already :P

I think he was talking about the dude. :eek: