PDA

View Full Version : Dear NCAA Rules Committee

Rogue
8/28/2008, 07:27 PM
:les: We don't need anymore rules to "shorten the games."
WTF? :mad:

Does someone complain every year that they get too much college football?
If so, stop listening to Mrs. Rogue. She doesn't count!

Collier11
8/28/2008, 07:29 PM
ive never in my life heard anyone who goes to or watches games on tv saying they are too long, if they are worried about that then cut out the f'N tv timeouts every 4 minutes

JLEW1818
8/28/2008, 07:31 PM
Hello Collier long time no talk .

StoopTroup
8/28/2008, 07:33 PM
I think Season Ticket Holders should get kickbacks up to the price of the cost of their ticket from TV Advertizers.

Rogue
8/28/2008, 07:36 PM
StoopTroup, FOCUS! This is about how much football we get, not about your own personal agenda. ;)

Collier11
8/28/2008, 08:27 PM
Hello Collier long time no talk .

whats up bud, Its Football Season Brotha!!!

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 08:28 PM
:les: We don't need anymore rules to "shorten the games."
WTF? :mad:

Does someone complain every year that they get too much college football?
If so, stop listening to Mrs. Rogue. She doesn't count!

That bitch . You should Slap her .;)

badger
8/28/2008, 08:31 PM
I think Season Ticket Holders should get kickbacks up to the price of the cost of their ticket from TV Advertizers.

oh, we do! :D tickets would have to cost $100,000 each to cover the operating expenses of this fully operational battle station

royalfan5
8/28/2008, 08:32 PM
I'm for the rules if it forces less ****ing around and more action. Maybe more teams will switch to a no-huddles to compensate.

StoopTroup
8/28/2008, 08:41 PM
oh, we do! :D tickets would have to cost $100,000 each to cover the operating expenses of this fully operational battle station

We can do better. lol.

St. Louis Sooner
8/28/2008, 08:59 PM
daggone TV revenue ... make the games more predictable in time length so the station's TV schedule won't get all out of whack which forces advertisers to miss air time/markets then the stations will probably have to do refunds ... etc., etc.

St. Louis Sooner
8/28/2008, 09:00 PM
oh ... forgot the :mad:

Rogue
8/30/2008, 10:51 PM
Look, it's not basketball, mmmmKay? It's football. There is a pace and cadence to the game that is beautiful in its own right. Stop screwing with it, NCAA. And, not to be outdone by the NFL, now we have more rules that are only rules for the first 28 minutes of the half. Either it's a rule from start to finish or it's a gimmick.

OK, after a day of watching...these changes weren't as bad as I feared at first.

Paperclip
8/30/2008, 10:53 PM
I like the 40 second clock. Gives the game a nice pace.

SCOUT
8/30/2008, 11:16 PM
I will withold judgment on the rule until after the season. So far, it doesn't seem too unbearable. What bugs me is the length of game complaint. If the game is too long, perhaps we could do away with the TD, commercial, PAT, commercial, kickoff, commercial cadence that has become so popular.

The frequency and length of the commercials drives me nuts when I watch the game. When I am actually at the game, it doesn't bother me as much but I do notice that the TV Ref spends an awful lot of time standing on the field.

SoonerLB
8/31/2008, 12:41 AM
Football should not have to conform to media, media should conform to football!
Or how about this, if the NCAA thinks it has to change the game to appease TV, then some of that high profit revenue should be given to the players as the "laundry stipend" that some coaches have called for over the years.
Just a thought.................;)

bri
8/31/2008, 02:38 PM
If the NCAA really wants to shorten games, they should ban storms.

r5TPsooner
8/31/2008, 02:44 PM
I will withold judgment on the rule until after the season. So far, it doesn't seem too unbearable. What bugs me is the length of game complaint. If the game is too long, perhaps we could do away with the TD, commercial, PAT, commercial, kickoff, commercial cadence that has become so popular.

The frequency and length of the commercials drives me nuts when I watch the game. When I am actually at the game, it doesn't bother me as much but I do notice that the TV Ref spends an awful lot of time standing on the field.

I agree. The only time that fans will really dislike the clock rule is when it's a tight game and their team is behind. Other than that, I'll wait until the season is over to pass judgment.

The rule I really dislike is the new facemask rule. Seems like a lot of gray are there to mess it up.

8timechamps
8/31/2008, 02:50 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the "rules committee" is a group of old white men that get together in the off season (on "official" business) and come up with things to change simply to justify their importance.

Seriously, every year there is at least one stupid rule change that is supposed to "benefit" the game and the fans.

This year, they just happened to have added two:

Play clock
Excessive Celebration (I am so freakin' tired of rules against having fun!)

If I wanted to watch a game that mirrored the pro game, I would watch the freakin' pro games. All of the things that make college football so great seem to be the things the old-white-rules committee want to do away with.

Rogue
9/1/2008, 10:26 PM
OK, either it's a rule for all 60 minutes of the game, or it's a freakin' gimmick!
Mmmmkay?

Curly Bill
9/1/2008, 10:27 PM
OK, either it's a rule for all 60 minutes of the game, or it's a freakin' gimmick!
Mmmmkay?

agreed

SCOUT
9/1/2008, 10:45 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the "rules committee" is a group of old white men that get together in the off season (on "official" business) and come up with things to change simply to justify their importance.

Seriously, every year there is at least one stupid rule change that is supposed to "benefit" the game and the fans.

Play clock

If I wanted to watch a game that mirrored the pro game, I would watch the freakin' pro games. All of the things that make college football so great seem to be the things the old-white-rules committee want to do away with.

I was going to post the "That's Racist!" clip but the internets are smarters than I is.:O

John Kochtoston
9/1/2008, 10:52 PM
Mmmmkay?

Agreed. Rules should clarify, not create confusion. That's why I like the 40 second clock. It's 40 seconds, not 25 plus however long it takes Bozo the Official to spot the ball.

olevetonahill
9/1/2008, 11:52 PM

Play clock

So ya sayin we need young Black dudes to write the rules ?;)