PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Crabtree Rumor surfacing

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/28/2008, 02:21 PM
*EDIT*
Texags and Texas tech's message boards have deleted all the threads.

Just a rumor now, but these guys were right about Bomar. :confused:

Apparently there are boosters involved and Crabtree may be suspended for the season. Don't shoot the messenger I just thought it was interesting

Jack T.
8/28/2008, 02:29 PM
link doesn't work

r5TPsooner
8/28/2008, 02:46 PM
I know that Norman isn't exactly Florida-like year around, but you have to wonder how and why a player of his talents ends up in Lubbock of all places. Not exactly the best place to be a student and enjoy the the college experience IMHO.

Just my .02.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/28/2008, 02:48 PM
I just got a phone call about this from a buddy. He said that the Tech boards are shut down, or at least one of them. Could be interesting. That would pretty much be the end of Tech's dream of a Big XII title.

setem
8/28/2008, 02:50 PM
The link they are throwing around at TexAgs is from 2006 when Hicks and Crabtree were both in trouble for grades.

http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/media/storage/paper870/news/2006/08/31/News/Hicks.Crabtree.Ineligible.Pending.Appeal-2253001.shtml

badger
8/28/2008, 02:52 PM
I think Leach is above such rule breaking. The guy's a lawyer, for cryin' out loud. He knows the difference between following the rules and not.

Then again, I doubt Stoops was aware some jerkoff from Big Red was rubbing his elbows too much with college athletes and ruining our 2006 season.

Just so that it isn't a sole messenger to get shot at, here's the links that I've found on this:

Here (http://pregame.com/forums/forums/p/62597/393343.aspx#393343) and here (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=112&F=1786&T=2867447&P=1) .

All blogs, all speculation, no real sources, just passing it along so you can make up your own minds. I personally didn't think that many Techers cared enough about football to cheat - that's why the stadium's so empty all the time. It's possible, I guess, but not probable.

r5TPsooner
8/28/2008, 02:52 PM
The link they are throwing around at TexAgs is from 2006 when Hicks and Crabtree were both in trouble for grades.

http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/media/storage/paper870/news/2006/08/31/News/Hicks.Crabtree.Ineligible.Pending.Appeal-2253001.shtml

if true, that's really too bad. I saw Crabtree give an interview a week or two ago and he seemed like a humble classy guy.

Frozen Sooner
8/28/2008, 02:55 PM
I think Leach is above such rule breaking. The guy's a lawyer, for cryin' out loud. He knows the difference between following the rules and not.

This is coming from a guy who's taking the LSAT in a little over a month:

Have you ever MET an attorney?

Hell, Rick Neuheisel has a law degree, for cryin' out loud.

badger
8/28/2008, 02:56 PM
This is coming from a guy who's taking the LSAT in a little over a month:

Have you ever MET an attorney?

Hell, Rick Neuheisel has a law degree, for cryin' out loud.

Ok then, a lawyer who we know is all about character from his time here in Norman. Mike Leach is a good coach and a good person and this crap is beneath him.

Better?

:)

Pieces Hit
8/28/2008, 02:58 PM
I just want SUC to get their turn on the carpet.

As if.

r5TPsooner
8/28/2008, 02:58 PM
Leach seems like a much more stand up guy than Neuweisel.

Leach > Neuweisel

badger
8/28/2008, 03:00 PM
Leach seems like a much more stand up guy than Neuweisel.

Leach > Neuweisel

Come on man, that's not putting Leach high enough on the totem pole.

Leach > Fulmer > Saban > Weis > Carroll > Neuheisel.

setem
8/28/2008, 03:00 PM
" IT AINT TRUE!!! "

fadada1
8/28/2008, 03:02 PM
if true, that's really too bad. I saw Crabtree give an interview a week or two ago and he seemed like a humble classy guy.

looks can be deceiving - osu gives the appearance of being a place of higher education.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/28/2008, 03:03 PM
I don't see too much to this. I have never seen Tech get in any kind of trouble. That isn't to say that you would have someone do this, but I would love to think that Crabtree is not like that. I really like the kid and hope he didn't do anything foolish.

setem
8/28/2008, 03:05 PM
looks can be deceiving - osu gives the appearance of being a place of higher education.

BA ZEEENG!

r5TPsooner

With the exception of it's athletic program and fan base, I think oSu is a pretty damn good school for academics.

You can keep the rest of the place tho.

r5TPsooner
Come on man, that's not putting Leach high enough on the totem pole.

Leach > Fulmer > Saban > Weis > Carroll > Neuheisel.

He's a lawyer, he's not going any higher.

royalfan5
8/28/2008, 03:10 PM
I don't see too much to this. I have never seen Tech get in any kind of trouble. That isn't to say that you would have someone do this, but I would love to think that Crabtree is not like that. I really like the kid and hope he didn't do anything foolish.

Well, they did let Byron "0.0" Hanspard get through a whole season without going to class.

CobraKai
8/28/2008, 03:12 PM

Seriously? Tech got in so much trouble a few years back (for their hundreds of counts of academic fraud) that there was actually a joke about Texas Tech in a Simpsons episode.

setem
8/28/2008, 03:14 PM
With the exception of it's athletic program and fan base, I think oSu is a pretty damn good school for academics.

Adviser: Which of these here classes would you like to take?

Student: What you got fer me?

Adviser: Sheep Shagging 1114?
Sibling Husbandry 2325?
Intro to stuffing yer arm up a bull's vagina 3410? Wait that is a 3000 level course you gotta have Auto Repair before you can take it!

Student: MMMMM you smell like the inside of my momma's purse!

tommieharris91
8/28/2008, 03:18 PM

The rankings say quite the opposite...

PhiDeltBeers
8/28/2008, 03:37 PM

Touche'....I went to oSu and it taught me to love OU. Actually, I was a black sheep and took a lot shots while in school there.

NormanPride
8/28/2008, 03:49 PM
[to Homer, the Sanitation Commissioner]
"Simpson, you idiot. You spent your entire years budget in a month. Your department's broke." [Homer says he will find a solution] "You'd better, because those garbage men won't work for free"
"Did I hear a briefcase opening?"
[to Homer]
"I don't know how you did it Homer, but you certainly solved that budget crisis." [trash bulges the ground] "what the hell is that?" [trash comes up] "What's this? Melon rinds, pantyhose, a term paper from Texas Tech, Simpson do you know anything about......"
[at the Town Hall]
"...and all those opposed to horse whipping Homer Simpson. And now, all in favor of reinstating Ray Patterson"
"Now people, we are far from screwed."
"Time for panic has come. We must move forward and turn to the town's all purpose contingency plan." Plan B? "yes, B"

Oh dear.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/28/2008, 04:46 PM
Seriously? Tech got in so much trouble a few years back (for their hundreds of counts of academic fraud) that there was actually a joke about Texas Tech in a Simpsons episode.

Since Leach was there?? I missed that one. I apologize about that. I thought that was pre-Leach.

badger
8/28/2008, 04:55 PM
Since Leach was there?? I missed that one. I apologize about that. I thought that was pre-Leach.

I think you are correct - I think it was in 1998 (http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2007/07/27/footballs-dirtiest-programs-1-texas-tech/). As we know, Leach didn't leave OU until after the 1999 season. It was probably this ordeal that put the pre-Leach guy, funny name Spike Dykes, under a heap of west Texas sand... or just plain retirement. Kind of like how Lou Holtz went out - a dishonorable on-field fight to suspend his team from the bowl and end his career a month early. :mad:

r5TPsooner
8/28/2008, 04:56 PM
The rankings say quite the opposite...

Depends on what your major is I guess.

fadada1
8/28/2008, 05:07 PM

cousin pumping???

bovine fetishes???

i got nuthin'

soonerhubs
8/28/2008, 05:13 PM

M.S. in Developmental Family Science

Frozen Sooner
8/28/2008, 05:19 PM
Well, they did let Byron "0.0" Hanspard get through a whole season without going to class.

Unfortunately, so did we with Jerald Moore. Guy had a few really good games at the beginning of the season, figured he was going pro, stopped going to class, and ended up finishing the season poorly. Oops.

Scott D
8/28/2008, 05:29 PM
don't forget about his outstanding two or three years with the Rams ;)

I think Crabtree's motivation was Tech were the only ones who would let him play basketball also.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/28/2008, 05:42 PM
I think it was in 1998 (http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2007/07/27/footballs-dirtiest-programs-1-texas-tech/).

Ineligible football players played over a span of seven seasons, with more than 20 of them playing in '93-94. In the summer of 1993, an assistant football coach "committed academic fraud by completing significant portions of [a] student-athlete's course work." Over the course of five years, Texas Tech provided free legal services and bail bonding for their athletes.

Ahhhh, the old Southwest Conference. An organization so dirty that anyone with a shred of integrity would have to scrub themselves like a rape victim after playing under it's umbrella.

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 05:52 PM
How about every body just STFU and quit spreadin Rumors till Facts come out ?
Just My HO:D

Jdog
8/28/2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/022308/loc_250014664.shtml

This is fairly old news in Texas but TT as a University has had accreditation problems.

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/022308/loc_250014664.shtml

This is fairly old news in Texas but TT as a University has had accreditation problems.

If Its OLD news why we bringing it up ?:confused:

Jdog
8/28/2008, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately, so did we with Jerald Moore. Guy had a few really good games at the beginning of the season, figured he was going pro, stopped going to class, and ended up finishing the season poorly. Oops.

Think Dupree had the same problem.

Jdog
8/28/2008, 06:15 PM
If Its OLD news why we bringing it up ?:confused:

From Feb of this year - read the article.

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 06:18 PM
From Feb of this year - read the article.

Naw , If its from Feb then it should be settled .
Just sayin

Jdog
8/28/2008, 06:21 PM
Naw , If its from Feb then it should be settled .
Just sayin

Did you say you were edjaucated in Hartshorne.

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 06:32 PM
Did you say you were edjaucated in Hartshorne.

nope , But put a smiley with that ok ?

Laelaface
8/28/2008, 07:04 PM
Check this out, looks like the school said no wrong doing, DANG, but good for Crabtree

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8916486

Laelaface
8/28/2008, 07:04 PM
Guess this confirms it, or don't believe everything you read, I don't know

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=843473

JLEW1818
8/28/2008, 07:19 PM
good game on guys.... ha

olevetonahill
8/28/2008, 07:23 PM
good game on guys.... ha

Where ? :confused:

JLEW1818
8/28/2008, 07:24 PM
Where ? :confused:

haha I just had to make a post so that I could do ....u know

Piware
8/28/2008, 09:07 PM
Adviser: Which of these here classes would you like to take?

Student: What you got fer me?

Adviser: Sheep Shagging 1114?
Sibling Husbandry 2325?
Intro to stuffing yer arm up a bull's vagina 3410? Wait that is a 3000 level course you gotta have Auto Repair before you can take it!

Student: MMMMM you smell like the inside of my momma's purse!

Bulls have vaginas?

Outopia
8/29/2008, 12:21 AM
Bulls have vaginas?

The more emotional ones, yeah.

yermom
8/29/2008, 12:35 AM

Meni?

olevetonahill
8/29/2008, 02:31 AM

Now will jdog and the others STFU ?
Why spread Rumors ? :confused:

Jacie
8/29/2008, 07:10 AM
I wanted to respond to about three different posts in this thread, but I couldn't stop laughing about . . . bull vaginas.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/29/2008, 08:36 AM
Rumor has it they've found the mysterious and rare Bull Vagina in Stoolwater.

It was found by athletes with donor money, therefore it is an NCAA violation.

Aaaaaaaaand GO!

MiccoMacey
8/29/2008, 08:59 AM
It's funny in a weird way...you'd think Sooner fans of all people would be wary of internet rumors after having two of our own attacked by internet-rumor-spreading-mongrels.

Not that anyone's accused him per se...but some on this thread are stepping on the line of believing what they read.

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/29/2008, 09:06 AM
Touche'....I went to oSu and it taught me to love OU. Actually, I was a black sheep and took a lot shots while in school there.

Any color sheep takes alot of shots at oSu.... :D

OU-HSV
8/29/2008, 09:08 AM
It's funny in a weird way...you'd think Sooner fans of all people would be wary of internet rumors after having two of our own attacked by internet-rumor-spreading-mongrels.

Not that anyone's accused him per se...but some on this thread are stepping on the line of believing what they read.

Very true. It's not trustworthy if it's internet rumors. We all here should know that. I actually thought there was a rule posted a while back about not posting threads with rumors/no true facts or links.
But it makes for preseason discussion I guess

Animal Mother
8/29/2008, 12:56 PM
Rumor has it they've found the mysterious and rare Bull Vagina in Stoolwater.

It was found by athletes with donor money, therefore it is an NCAA violation.

Aaaaaaaaand GO!

I don't think they found it with money, if you get my drift and I think you do.

Scott D
8/29/2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think they found it with money, if you get my drift and I think you do.

they didn't have to look very hard. it wears the big boy headset up there every saturday.

colinreturn
8/29/2008, 04:29 PM
espn link

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-297/Report--Crabtree-cleared-of--possible-compliance-issue-.html

badger
8/29/2008, 05:13 PM
I hope we have learned our lesson here - TexAgs.com got lucky the first time in breaking factual rumors. All other rumors started there are 100 percent false.

Their honor code doesn't apply to the Internet ;)

PLaw
8/29/2008, 06:32 PM
I know that Norman isn't exactly Florida-like year around, but you have to wonder how and why a player of his talents ends up in Lubbock of all places. Not exactly the best place to be a student and enjoy the the college experience IMHO.

Just my .02.

As a Tech alumni, it is a darn good place for the old "college experience". My freshman year, Playboy ranked TTU No. 2, behind SUC, for coed quality. The rest, as they say, is history.

BOOMER