PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys need some help from CA sooners

Van Wilder
8/28/2008, 12:59 PM
I'm moving to Bakersfield, CA in a week and any information would be helpful. Places to eat, places to visit, things to do....Also, how many Sooner games can i expect to be able to watch and if there not available anyone know where to go for watch parties etc.... Thanks in advance.

Jeopardude
8/28/2008, 02:24 PM
I'm moving to Bakersfield, CA in a week and any information would be helpful. Places to eat, places to visit, things to do....Also, how many Sooner games can i expect to be able to watch and if there not available anyone know where to go for watch parties etc.... Thanks in advance.

My condolences. :D

There's an Okie bar (and watch the use of that word Okie around there; some think it's an insult) in Oildale just outside Bakersfield that I think has a Sooner contingent. Name's slipping me, though.

Van Wilder
8/28/2008, 04:06 PM
Okay i appreciate that if you ever remember the name PM Van Wilder haha. Does it suck out there? I know I was told ill be in the desert for the most part but i dont know.

Falconnius
8/28/2008, 07:49 PM
not the greatest place in California, but you are close to the east slope of the Sierra Nevadas...where there are endless hiking, mountainbiking, fishing, kayaking and boating opportunities.

StoopTroup
8/28/2008, 07:54 PM
We're gonna need you to buy some property near the Rose Bowl for SoonerFans.com National Championship Tailgates.

What you do with the property the other 3 years were at the BCS MNC is your business.

If you could...we'd like some nice **itters and a place to dump OUr RV c*appers.