PDA

View Full Version : NCAA turns down Cincinnati QB Mauk again

1890MilesToNorman
8/28/2008, 10:24 AM
"CINCINNATI (AP) — Quarterback Ben Mauk has lost his latest appeal to the NCAA for another year of eligibility.
The NCAA informed the University of Cincinnati on Wednesday that Mauk had been turned down again.

The case fell into confusion this week. On Monday an NCAA representative told Mauk's lawyer the appeal had been turned down. The next day his lawyer got another call saying the staff was still considering the case. On Wednesday, the university said it was informed by the NCAA that the decision was final.

Mauk led the Bearcats to 10 wins and a No. 17 final ranking last season, when he came back from serious shoulder and arm injuries. He appealed for another season on grounds that injuries sidelined him during his career at Wake Forest and Cincinnati. He's been turned down four times now."

Source (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigeast/2008-08-27-cincinnati-mauk_N.htm?csp=34)

Widescreen
8/28/2008, 10:27 AM
So is he still suing?

1890MilesToNorman
8/28/2008, 10:29 AM
Only the Swammy knows?

setem
8/28/2008, 10:31 AM
I always feel like we are talking about a death row inmate.

"Mauk lost another appeal today" how can he be saved?

BermudaSooner
8/28/2008, 10:37 AM
So does this mean he is done and won't play against us this year, or was this for next year?

1890MilesToNorman
8/28/2008, 10:38 AM
That's the way i read it.

1890MilesToNorman
8/28/2008, 11:03 AM
Mauk is not listed on their 2008 roster so I conclude he is done at Cincinnati.

Theskipster
8/28/2008, 11:24 AM
So does this mean he is done and won't play against us this year, or was this for next year?

He has one last shot today with a conference call to the reinstatement committee where he will actually get to plead his case to the members of the committee.

I don't remember seeing him agree to not continue with his suit if he doesn't get his way on the fifth try. So he is not finished yet.

OUMallen
8/28/2008, 12:16 PM
Instead of beating them by 21, we now win by 31.

JohnnyMack
9/5/2008, 11:58 AM
I know this thing is in court right now, if they decide he CAN play, will he play tomorrow? Has he been practicing/travelling with the team? Probably not, eh?

swardboy
9/5/2008, 12:05 PM
....reminds me of Kerry and Florida.

Theskipster
9/5/2008, 12:07 PM
Even if the judge grants the injunction today, Cincinnati won't let him play for fear that eventually the NCAA will win out in court. If the NCAA wins the court case, Mauk will have been ineligible to play this year and Cincinnati would have to forfeit all the games Mauk plays in this year.

So there is absolutely no chance Mauk plays tomorrow.

badger
9/5/2008, 01:06 PM
....reminds me of Kerry and Florida.

You're thinking of Gore... or Ohio... either or, but not both :D

Jason got a 6th year, but it's not every QB that can come back from TWO acl tears! I think Mauk's reasoning is a little more suspect, involving transferring and all.

Lawsuit pending in courts. We'll see what happens. It won't be resolved by tomorrow.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/5/2008, 02:44 PM
This just in...Mauk was rejected again today by the Supreme Court...expect him to appeal to God sometime this next week