PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Trophy winner decided already

Jacie
8/28/2008, 09:02 AM
The Rivals.com guys, Terry Bowden et al, have voiced their pick for the winner of the Heisman Trophy, Chris Wells, the tOSU running back. Since real Heisman voters will read this article, the die has been cast. It ain't a fix since that would imply a longshot coming out of nowhere for the upset. No, this just takes the drama out of the season for everyone, watching this player or that pile up stats and all of the debate over who leads whom. It is a done deal, Chris Wells will get it unless he is injured and unable to compete for a full season. I think it bites that other candidate's (including OUr own Sam) statistics will be meaningless in this competition but who is going to argue with the "experts"? This is like knowing what is wrapped up and waiting for you under the Christmas tree. Kind of takes the thrill out of unwrapping the present when there is no surprise of finding out.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=842988

badger
8/28/2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, and Jenks High School has already decided who the starting quarterback will be each year for the next 20-30 years :D

boomermagic
8/28/2008, 09:27 AM
The Rivals.com guys, Terry Bowden et al, have voiced their pick for the winner of the Heisman Trophy, Chris Wells, the tOSU running back. Since real Heisman voters will read this article, the die has been cast. It ain't a fix since that would imply a longshot coming out of nowhere for the upset. No, this just takes the drama out of the season for everyone, watching this player or that pile up stats and all of the debate over who leads whom. It is a done deal, Chris Wells will get it unless he is injured and unable to compete for a full season. I think it bites that other candidate's (including OUr own Sam) statistics will be meaningless in this competition but who is going to argue with the "experts"? This is like knowing what is wrapped up and waiting for you under the Christmas tree. Kind of takes the thrill out of unwrapping the present when there is no surprise of finding out.

It doesn't mean a darn thing.. Sam has just as much chance as anyone and maybe better than a running back considering it has become a qb award lately... DM is a better rb than the OSU guy..

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/28/2008, 10:07 AM
Demarco is going to shine much brighter than Beany-boy.

bri
8/28/2008, 10:11 AM

Is this your first year following college football? If you're gonna get all butt-hurt 'cause someone made a prediction about an individual award to be given out three and a half months from now, then you might as well go all the way and flip out about how everyone has "already decided" who's gonna win each division of each major conference, who's gonna win the conference title games, and who's gonna win the national title.

Simp.

Mandibleclaw
8/28/2008, 10:32 AM
ESPN has gone over the edge in the last few years as well in regards to the Heisman race, as a network they seem to pick their fav then push him like a political candidate.

AZSOONER
8/28/2008, 10:40 AM
Demarco is going to shine much brighter than Beany-boy.

I agree, and Bradford is gonna shine brighter than Demarco. BOOMER SOONER Baby!!!!

AAABearcat
8/28/2008, 12:38 PM
Bowden's preseason picks for the 2007 Heisman last year:
John Booty

The bookies 2007 preseason favorites: by odds
Steve Slaton RB West Virginia +400
John David Booty QB Southern Cal +400
Darren McFadden RB Arkansas +450
Brian Brohm QB Louisville +500
Colt Brennen QB Hawaii +600
Ray Rice RB Rutgers +650
Mike Hart RB Michigan +800
Tim Tebow QB Florida +900
Pat White QB West Virginia +1200
CJ Spiller RB Clemson +1200

Preseason predictions are meaningless

yermom
8/29/2008, 11:56 AM
that list looks reasonable. Tebow seems a little better odds than i would have thought

that was his first year as a starter, he was pretty unknown. who knew he would pass so well?

i'm not sure why they love Moreno so much, maybe i just don't appreciate a 1300 yard rusher watching our guys all the time. he'll need a lot better than that to win

if anything, the talking heads have cursed Beanie Wells this season :D

yermom
8/31/2008, 06:03 PM
if anything, the talking heads have cursed Beanie Wells this season :D

*ahem*

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 06:40 PM
If two OU players tie for the Trophy...

Will there be two new Statues on the Eastside? :D ;)

swardboy
8/31/2008, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately, two Sooners vying for the title tend to cancel each other out, and Amos Birdsong from Gotebo State wins....

StoopTroup
8/31/2008, 07:34 PM
Unfortunately, two Sooners vying for the title tend to cancel each other out, and Amos Birdsong from Gotebo State wins....

I can dream can't I? :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/31/2008, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, two Sooners vying for the title tend to cancel each other out, and Puff Emupp from suc wins....fixed