PDA

View Full Version : An Allen Patrick update

badger
8/27/2008, 04:23 PM
So Dan Cody got cut (http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/08/27/GRIDIRON_USA-Baltimore_Douglas.html) today :( but look who's gracing the Raven's front page now:
http://i38.tinypic.com/243gj8x.jpg
Check out the story here (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2008/08/Hey_Rookie_-_Allen_Patrick.aspx) and let's hope he's makes the team! Gooooo AP!

JLEW1818
8/27/2008, 04:25 PM
AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP,AP ,AP,AP,AP

badger
8/27/2008, 04:54 PM
And of course, with AP on the roster, the Ravens will continue to lead the NFL in Sooners :D

KingDavid
8/27/2008, 05:27 PM
And of course, with AP on the roster, the Ravens will continue to lead the NFL in Sooners :D

I thought AP was playing for the Vikings. Did he get traded?

yermom
8/27/2008, 05:30 PM
:( for Dan Cody

my biggest memory of him is that aTm game where he got so pumped on the sideline that he passed out :eek:

Animal Mother
8/27/2008, 05:32 PM
And for my 800th post, MORE OF THE SARCASM YOU'VE COME TO RELY UPON FROM YOUR HUMBLE NARRATOR!!!

Why do they call him AP when his name is Allen Patrick?

badger
8/27/2008, 08:42 PM
because he runs all day

salth2o
8/27/2008, 08:48 PM
I thought that was somebody else. :confused:

Breadburner
8/27/2008, 09:38 PM
I could see Lofton jacking him up when they play...Not a pretty thought but it could happen....

Jason White's Third Knee
8/27/2008, 09:50 PM
...but why do they call him AD???

SouthFortySooner
8/27/2008, 09:53 PM
...for the last time. AP is ANTONIO PERKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronSooner
8/27/2008, 10:06 PM
Anyone know where I can get a boomer sooner ringtone?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/27/2008, 10:11 PM
Anyone know where I can get a boomer sooner ringtone?

I do. What's up, ese?

IronSooner
8/27/2008, 10:58 PM
I do. What's up, ese?

Just keepin' it real in the MEM, trying not to get shot. ;) How high's the corn these days?

goingoneight
8/27/2008, 11:01 PM
Dood is flat-out fuggin' ripped, man.

He may not be the greatest back, but he's always in great shape and couldn't do worse than some of the guys I've watched in recent years (*cough!* Julis Jones *cough!*).

Jimminy Crimson
8/28/2008, 03:10 AM
Always will be a big fan of the A.O.C.!

AZSOONER
8/28/2008, 10:56 AM
:( for Dan Cody

my biggest memory of him is that aTm game where he got so pumped on the sideline that he passed out :eek:

That was pretty crazy.

badger
8/28/2008, 12:55 PM
Eh... I really hoped this wouldn't turn into a SF.com cliche thread - ALLEN PATRICK ON THE FRONT PAGE OF RAVENS SITE! That's really cool, guys. I mean, this was the Ravens LAST draft pick and he was only chosen because the Ravens were getting compensated by the NFL and given a few extra seventh round choices. Otherwise, lump Patrick into another heap of undrafted college talents.

This is a guy that has a chance to go from seventh rounder to roster maker here! This is like the Packers Donald Driver, except Patrick's one of our guys! He has had to overcome the fact that there was always a uber-talented Adrian Peterson in front of him until his senior year, then he had injuries to work through, but despite that, he came in and filled in for Peterson after the collarbone incident, he came out and shined for the Sooners off special teams.

He can do it! Final roster cut Saturday... stay tuned...

(and really, you should read the story. it mentions Oklahoma a lot)

yermom
8/28/2008, 01:02 PM
if he plays on any kickoffs for them, i'm sure he'll be fine

i loved watching him destroy people on kickoff coverage :D

badger
8/28/2008, 01:07 PM
I'm afraid the update from Baltimore is not looking good.

Baltimore Sun says at RB (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens28aug28,0,2707923.story):

In: McGahee, Rice
Bubble: Ross, Patrick
Longshot: Haynes

Unless the team decides to keep four RB's, Patrick might be practice squad or out.

You know what that means - GOOD VIBES, people. No more AP/AD jokes, those have already run their course. I want you all to visit the Ravens site constantly so that their Web hit counts show what a huge Sooner following there is for OUr players. Everybody silent prayer for all of our players trying to make the final roster cut, then post the NICEST thing you can say out them here, in the oft chance that the actual player or their family (or the coaches making the decision) should read it.

Finally, I want you all to start cheering for the Ravens instead of the other NFL teams (Packers are the lone exception). There are many, many Sooners on the roster and they need our support, especially after what happened to Dan Cody earlier this week.

Now... GOOD VIBES!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/28/2008, 01:28 PM
Just keepin' it real in the MEM, trying not to get shot. ;) How high's the corn these days?

WE got a couple of kiosks in the stadium so I am working on those while P is trying to figure out how to make 2000 smoothies. Yeesh.

Corn. It's like flippin' gold now. It's used in cereal (I hear it's the crispy side), beer, and every thing that's sweet, PLUS we have to run our cars with it now.

Since the crops were flooded this year and the farm equipment runs on high cost fuel (higher if it has corn in it, heh) I think it's up to like $8 a cob or something. I am thinking of looting some of the corn field around here this year. I might were a raccoon outfit, I haven't decided.

badger
8/30/2008, 09:36 PM
Another Sooner cut. (http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2008/8/30/604524/rookies-allen-patrick-just) :(

I don't want to sound hyper sensitive, but next time, please save the jokes until AFTER the final roster cuts.

Boomer.....
8/30/2008, 09:46 PM
Crap! How many sooners are going to get cut? :mad: