PDA

View Full Version : Plumley to Lamar university

Civicus_Sooner
8/27/2008, 01:32 PM
That's teh suc...

http://newsok.com/jenna-plumley-done-at-ou-enrolled-at-lamar/article/3288999/?tm=1219792667

XFollower
8/27/2008, 01:53 PM
So long... farewell. Thank you Coach Coale for a standard of excellence. Keep up the good work.

JohnnyMack
8/27/2008, 03:16 PM
Not being privy to the inside workings of the women's basketball team, I feel like this whole thing wasn't handled right by Coale. But that's simply my admittedly not that well informed opinion.

BoomerJack
8/27/2008, 04:24 PM
Not being privy to the inside workings of the women's basketball team, I feel like this whole thing wasn't handled right by Coale. But that's simply my admittedly not that well informed opinion.

I think if you go back through some posts about this situation you will come to believe that Coach Coale went above and beyond for Jenna.

I think Jenna saw the writing on the wall. There are two hotshot freshmen coming in this season who I'm sure Coach is counting to solidify guard play; something that was woefully below par last year. Look at turnovers and shooting percentages. Jenna was gonna have to come back in in fall '09 and compete with them & I'm sure that she felt that she wasn't going to get much playing time.

I'm certainly not happy with the situation being member of the O-M Tribe and of course and OU alum. I wish none of it happened but it's nobody's fault but Jenna's.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/27/2008, 04:31 PM
IMO, no big loss really if she was the way we have heard she is.

Jimminy Crimson
8/28/2008, 03:04 AM
Hope that makeup was worth it! :oink:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/28/2008, 08:44 AM
so 4 or 5 OU turnovers are now enrolled at Lamar....Your Welcome Lamar

Boomer.....
8/28/2008, 08:56 AM
I think everyone is being too hard on Jenna. Yes, she did have turnover problems at times but many pg's do. They are the one who handles the ball the majority of the time and who has to get the ball inside so of course they will have the most turnovers. She was a big spark to the team and our best 3-point shooter. She was always hustling, diving for loose balls, and getting the team pumped up after a slow stretch. She will be missed.

Civicus_Sooner
8/28/2008, 04:05 PM
I think everyone is being too hard on Jenna. Yes, she did have turnover problems at times but many pg's do. They are the one who handles the ball the majority of the time and who has to get the ball inside so of course they will have the most turnovers. She was a big spark to the team and our best 3-point shooter. She was always hustling, diving for loose balls, and getting the team pumped up after a slow stretch. She will be missed.

I don't think anyone is dissing Jenna as a player. She was overmatched against the top team often but stealing? She should have taken her punishment and come back.

stoopified
8/30/2008, 09:55 AM
The fact that Jenna chose to transfer and sit out a year at Lamar instead of accepting her well deserved punishment and siiting out this year at OU tells me all I need to know.Good luck Jenna,thanks for your contributions,goodbye.

janderson255
9/3/2008, 07:35 AM
I know noone is perfect, including me, but maybe her leaving was a positive thing for the team. Having a person that lacks character will always bring a team down. I think that there is more to the story. Leaving a program like OU to go to a smaller school make me wonder. Its not that she will miss a year at OU, she'll miss one there too. I think there is more. As much as I liked her, I wish her the best.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2008, 04:25 PM
There had to be more. Getting an entire year suspended for stealing $30 worth of make up doesn't add up. As a player, she had spunk but was very small and sometimes had too many turnovers. Oh well.

bringit
9/3/2008, 05:22 PM
I'm sure she's ashamed beyond belief... I mean c'mon, cosmetics from Walmart?

tommieharris91
9/3/2008, 06:04 PM
Apparently Coale and Jenna had a little sit-down to discuss her commitment to the team two weeks before she was caught. It was simply her last straw.

tulsaoilerfan
9/3/2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone is dissing Jenna as a player. She was overmatched against the top team often but stealing? She should have taken her punishment and come back.

I agree; we don't need any quitters on the team anyway

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 05:33 AM
dont need her. coach did way to much for her anyways

ousooners182
9/13/2008, 05:34 AM
like someone stated earlier good job coach coale