PDA

View Full Version : More Potential for Road Rage

royalfan5
8/27/2008, 09:30 AM
Poor Lane Discipline is a particular pet peeve of mine so I will go with that.

frankensooner
8/27/2008, 09:46 AM
Handless Harrys make me madder than anything. Close second would be folks that cut you off when you are trying to merge.

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2008, 09:48 AM
The **********'s that ride your *** until you get over, then hang right beside you:mad:

Jerk
8/27/2008, 09:48 AM
Left lane nazis, handless harry and harriettas.

Hot Rod
8/27/2008, 09:52 AM
I had a girl on a cellphone yesterday floating almost halfway into my lane as the road curved. Gave her a honk, just letting her to know to be aware that I was right beside her, then she flipped me off, so I went ahead and nudged my big truck next to her small car to let her know how it felt to almost get hit. I think she got my point.

olevetonahill
8/27/2008, 09:58 AM
About the ONLY thing that pisses Me off Is other Drivers :D

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I'm also gonna write in people who flip you off when you give them a (sometimes even polite) honk of the horn to keep them from drifting into your lane, or doing something of the like that puts you at risk. When I do something dumb that nearly wrecks you (we all do it from time to time), I take my medicine when someone honks, and if I can I give them a meek "I'm sorry" wave and look. I think I'm in the minority there.

frankensooner
8/27/2008, 10:01 AM
I do the "I'm sorry wave." I mean I did it that one time I made a mistake. ;)

yermom
8/27/2008, 10:02 AM
idiots that hang out in the fast lane are bad

also, people that pass me :D

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2008, 10:03 AM
I do the "I'm sorry wave." I mean I did it that one time I made a mistake. ;)I did too, but I don't think they seen me as they were inspecting the damage:O

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 10:03 AM
Also, people who driver ricers.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 10:04 AM
While listening to tiny iPods.

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2008, 10:04 AM
Also, people who driver ricers.with the coffee can exhaust tip

yermom
8/27/2008, 10:08 AM
hey BRJ? you coming to the tailgate?

more importantly, is your nutsack? :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/27/2008, 10:34 AM
I had a lady run a stop sign on me while I was going through a 4 way stop. She then proceeded to flip me off, and yell at me calling me a social reject......her body language told me she was not happy and possibly full of meth and no doz

soonermix
8/27/2008, 10:45 AM
ah roundabouts or as i like to say... the land that law forgot :D

i hate those people that cant figure out which lane is faster. oh the left lane:mad: , nope the right :mad: , nope the left:mad: , nope the right:mad: . hmmmm after all those nonblinker lane changes i am exactly where i started.

SoonerStormchaser
8/27/2008, 11:14 AM
My main case of road rage comes from people NOT USING TURN SIGNALS!

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2008, 11:16 AM
My main case of road rage comes from people NOT USING TURN SIGNALS!:les:YOU SEE MY BRAKE LIGHTS MOTHER ****ER!!!!:D

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 11:29 AM
I agree on the turn signal thing. Hell, I even signal in parking lots.

:les: IT DOESN'T TAKE ANY REAL EFFORT TO BE SAFE AND CONSIDERATE, DUMBASSES!!

IowaSooner26
8/27/2008, 11:38 AM
I live in a little town of old retirement folks who enjoy their lesiurely drives around town at about 10 mph. Speed limit is anywhere from 25-35. But 4 way stops in this town make me go crazy. First person there goes first. Pretty simple concept but somehow people in this town just don't understand it and will sit there and stare at you for a minute before they wave you through.

One last thing. All the retarded high school students who drive around on their mopeds like morons. I'm seriously just waiting for one of them to biff it hard.

pergdaddy
8/27/2008, 11:49 AM
I think I'm with Vet on this one.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 11:59 AM
See, people who get mad at other people for passing them have it all wrong. If someone else wants to speed, far be it from me to slow them down. Due to the fact that I roll pretty fast, not that many people pass me, but if someone is in the act of doing it, I happily get out of their way. I mean, why should it bother me? Ego? That's dumb.

On the other hand, slow people who hang out in the fast lane ARE deserving of some wrath. Also, people who pull out in front of you and slow down. My criteria for pulling into traffic is to only do it if I can be up to speed fast enough so that others don't have to slow down in any way.

And when I say deserving of some wrath, I mean deserving of me muttering obscenities under my breath at them. Life is too short to get into road rage cutoff contestests. Let it go.

royalfan5
8/27/2008, 12:16 PM
I live in a little town of old retirement folks who enjoy their lesiurely drives around town at about 10 mph. Speed limit is anywhere from 25-35. But 4 way stops in this town make me go crazy. First person there goes first. Pretty simple concept but somehow people in this town just don't understand it and will sit there and stare at you for a minute before they wave you through.

One last thing. All the retarded high school students who drive around on their mopeds like morons. I'm seriously just waiting for one of them to biff it hard.

That's pretty common for our area. The worst is Sunday afternoon when Alvin and Emil go out for their drives.

mdklatt
8/27/2008, 12:36 PM
Roundabouts?? What is this, England?

Dio
8/27/2008, 12:42 PM

Look, kids- Big Ben!

royalfan5
8/27/2008, 12:45 PM
Omaha loves'em too.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 12:46 PM
There are now two new ones in Midtown, OKC (NW 10th & Walker, NW 10th & Shartel). And probably more on the way.

When the one on Walker opened a couple of years ago, new broken glass and wreck carnage appeared on the ground every few days. I think people are getting the hang of it now.

:les: YIELD TO ANYONE COMING FROM THE LEFT, MORANS!!!

Viking Kitten
8/27/2008, 01:33 PM
I don't think this one has been mentioned yet: how about people who don't understand that "right on red" means you come to a full stop, you look carefully and if no one is coming... THEN you get to turn right. You don't just slow down to 20 MPH, give a cursory glance and cruise on through as if you had the right of way.

I never noticed how prevalent a problem this was until I started riding a scooter and very nearly got nailed three times in one week by a**holes doing this when I had a green light. Now I see people doing it all the time, even when I'm in our SUV. HOLY F**K this p*sses me off.

badger
8/27/2008, 01:38 PM
The fastest lane on the way to work is the left one on the way, or the right one on the way home. That's because there's lots of turners (and yes, they don't always use signals).

I have had exactly one collision and it was from one of these cell phone chatters, but all my near-collisions have been with the brake slammers and non-turn users. I have learned to just stay as far away from the car in front of me as possible - a fact that annoys NP majorly :D

OUDoc
8/27/2008, 01:39 PM
See, people who get mad at other people for passing them have it all wrong. If someone else wants to speed, far be it from me to slow them down. Due to the fact that I roll pretty fast, not that many people pass me, but if someone is in the act of doing it, I happily get out of their way. I mean, why should it bother me? Ego? That's dumb.

I figure they'll attract the cops away from me. I'm happy to let them pass. Pisses me off when they ride up on my *** immediately though. Give me a second to get out of the way of your Honda.

royalfan5
8/27/2008, 01:43 PM
This thread also illustrates why I moved my *** as close to my office as possible. A two minute commute really cuts down on the annoyance factor.

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2008, 02:13 PM
Roundabouts are the ****ing devil...

have one right outside my apratment complex.

Wanna know how i show people they've entered incorrectly and cut me off? I gun it for their drivers side door. Never had to do it to the same car twice.

badger
8/27/2008, 02:28 PM
Please don't take your road anger too far. Remember that some people just suck at driving (me) and are just trying to quit driving as soon as possible (me) and would do anything for a regular transportation method (me!) that didn't involve driving to work and back every morning (ME!) and if we were to ever get a regular on-time bus route (MEEEEE!) or train or subway rail system (ME ME ME!), these people would definitely never get behind a wheel ever again. However, as the situation is, they don't mean to upset you superior drivers (sorry) but have no choice but to drive (sorry again).

C&CDean
8/27/2008, 02:30 PM
You people.

I live about 34 miles from work. I've got two 4-way stops between the house and work. It takes me 30 minutes to get there. Every other guy in a truck that passes me going the other way gives me the finger off the steering wheel wave, and I wave back. The closest thing to a traffic jam is when I hit the 4-way stop, some other old boy is at the other one and he waves and goes "you go ahead" and I go "no, you go ahead on" and then he waves and goes "alright."

Road rage? Move to the country.

In my travels, what I find pisses me off more than anything is people that let stupid little crap on the road freak them out. So I merged in front of you a little close. Deal with it. All that gyrating behind the wheel, flipping me off, and screaming cuss words at your windshield ain't gonna get you there any sooner, and if you keep it up and do something too stupid, it might get you killed, and certainly will get you an assbeating of epic proportion.

If you're one of those people who are prone to road rage may I suggest you settle the hell down? It might save your life.

badger
8/27/2008, 02:32 PM
You people.

I live about 34 miles from work. I've got two 4-way stops between the house and work. It takes me 30 minutes to get there. Every other guy in a truck that passes me going the other way gives me the finger off the steering wheel wave, and I wave back. The closest thing to a traffic jam is when I hit the 4-way stop, some other old boy is at the other one and he waves and goes "you go ahead" and I go "no, you go ahead on" and then he waves and goes "alright."

In my travels, what I find pisses me off more than anything is people that let stupid little crap on the road freak them out. So I merged in front of you a little close. Deal with it. All that gyrating behind the wheel, flipping me off, and screaming cuss words at your windshield ain't gonna get you there any sooner, and if you keep it up and do something too stupid, it might get you killed, and certainly will get you an assbeating of epic proportion.

If you're one of those people who are prone to road rage may I suggest you settle the hell down? It might save your life.

This is why I love Dean, people - it has absolutely nothing to do with the Packer allegiance :D

Hot Rod
8/27/2008, 03:05 PM

This makes me mad too and to think some of them could actually move to the lane next to them, so we can get over, but instead that make a big hissy fit of the whole thing. Plus, when I merge, I try merge as close as I can to the flow of traffic, so if they speed up as I'm trying to merge, they make it worse.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:30 PM
...If you're one of those people who are prone to road rage may I suggest you settle the hell down? It might save your life.
I took that advice when I was about 19. Now about the worst I do is chuckle at what an ******* someone is. If they really get to me, I mutter obscenities under my breath. If they really, really get to me, I start a thread about it when I get to work.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:33 PM
Also, you will find that I am just about one of the most considerate people you will ever share the road with, other than the fact that I am a little prone to leadfootitis. Being an attentive, courteous driver (which in no way means yeilding right-of-way for no good reason), will magically cut down on your own road rage incidents beyond belief.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:36 PM
Also, having a two minute commute like royalfan (my own is less than 5) will cut down on said incidents.

Unless an asshat in Heritage Hills tries to unnecessarily yield his right-of-way. What a *********.

SoonerInKCMO
8/27/2008, 03:36 PM

If we all moved to the country, it'd be the city. :rolleyes:

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:48 PM
Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach... it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say "What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!"

BigRedJed
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

BigRedJed
Ever notice how irons have a setting for permanent press? I don't get it.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:49 PM
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

StoopTroup
People who tailgate motorcyles or road/rally race around one.

BigRedJed
I had a friend who was a clown. When he died, all his friends went to the funeral in one car.

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 03:50 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I saw KCMO's post and thought this had turned into a Steven Wright thread.

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2008, 03:52 PM
So, what we can glean from this:

1. BRJ is an unforgiving person.
2. Dean is a ****ty driver.

:D

Oh, yeah, and the one that bugs me the most (mainly because it's just plain dangerous) are the people who turn from the inside lane to the outside lane when there's two turn lanes.

For whatever reason, people up here seem to get the one roundabout that gets a lot of traffic and don't mess it up too badly (though I wish that people driving articulated semis would figure out that their rig just isn't made for it and would go to the freeway entrance a half mile down the road.)

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, also, people who don't know how to act at a controlled intersection when the power goes out. Which is sort of like a four-way stop.

C&CDean
8/27/2008, 03:56 PM
If we all moved to the country, it'd be the city. :rolleyes:

I don't mean everyone move to the country, just the nice, sensible, courteous drivers. You city *******s can keep raging on each other for all I care. Hell, if more of you would pull out your piece and blow the other mother****ers away we'd have less road rage, and less *******s. Problem solved.

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2008, 03:59 PM
^

Board rage. Dean's flipping off his monitor right now. On his Crackberry. In traffic. While waving someone through a four-way stop.

badger
8/27/2008, 04:05 PM
Women might be horrible drivers according to stereotypes, but you never see us getting out and ready to punch you after you cut us off :D

BigRedJed
8/27/2008, 04:08 PM
LvLZJbQkIuY

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2008, 04:10 PM
Women might be horrible drivers according to stereotypes, but you never see us getting out and ready to punch you after you cut us off :D

Probably for the same reason you rarely see a dolphin getting all indignant about high, squeaky noises.

OUHOMER
8/27/2008, 04:35 PM
Riding my bike i get to see it all, but the worst for me is No Turn Signal, because there extra hand is holding a ****ing cell phone

yermom
8/27/2008, 04:52 PM
LvLZJbQkIuY

this is what happens...

jkjsooner
8/27/2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think this one has been mentioned yet: how about people who don't understand that "right on red" means you come to a full stop, you look carefully and if no one is coming... THEN you get to turn right. You don't just slow down to 20 MPH, give a cursory glance and cruise on through as if you had the right of way.

I never noticed how prevalent a problem this was until I started riding a scooter and very nearly got nailed three times in one week by a**holes doing this when I had a green light. Now I see people doing it all the time, even when I'm in our SUV. HOLY F**K this p*sses me off.

Speaking of that, one of my biggest is when you're in a right turn lane at a red light. There is a clearly marked sign that says "no turn on red." The idiot behind you is honking at you like crazy.

I've literally gotten out of my car and pointed at the sign before.

jkjsooner
8/27/2008, 05:01 PM
Oh, also, people who don't know how to act at a controlled intersection when the power goes out. Which is sort of like a four-way stop.

That is true but when there's one road that is more major than the other I've found that people don't follow that rule.

Rather than do what I'm supposed to do, if I'm on the bigger road I slow down quite a bit w/o stopping and see if the cross traffic goes. If they don't I continue through so as not to get rear ended.

pergdaddy
8/28/2008, 09:45 AM
Dean,
I used to be worse than I am now. I used to get like that about the small things, but I've noticed that as each year passes and I get older, the less I care. I just get really angry now at the drivers who show that they are not considerate. Use a turn signal, allow people to merge into traffic that is bumper to bumper. It's not hard to be considerate, i just don't get it. And not just driving, people don't hold the doors for other people anymore, nobody hardly says thank you or your welcome anymore. Manners are not hard to use and contrary to popular belief, you will not contract a deadly disease if you are polite.

I realized how stupid I look when I used to flip out. So I stopped doing it years ago.

ONe thing though that does it is when the speed limit is 55, I'm doing 65 and I have a guy tailgating me and cussin me out. Seriously.
I almost had to kill a man (well, I thought about it). I live in the countryside, my wife was coming down the road in front of our house. I was on the porch waiting for her and my children to arrive. She had her turn signal on to turn into our driveway. There was dude in a Blazer literally attached to her bumper and as she turned into the driveway and he went by, he was f'ing her this and f'ing her that. So, I decided to jump into my trusty Chevy Malibu and tail him. By the time I got on the road, I lost him. But months later he was flying in front of my house and cut off a kid who wrecked his car into my yard. Nobody know who he is or where he lives, but he has quite the reputation on our hill. I would take a golf club to him if I could for how he acted towards my wife.

BigRedJed
8/28/2008, 09:54 AM
Doesn't Dean drive a Blazer?

Hot Rod
8/28/2008, 10:40 AM
Dean,
And not just driving, people don't hold the doors for other people anymore, nobody hardly says thank you or your welcome anymore. Manners are not hard to use and contrary to popular belief, you will not contract a deadly disease if you are polite.

Yeah, this gets me too. I hold the door for them, they grab it, and just proceed. Sometimes I let out the sarcastic, "You're Welcome!". Even at work, after I've been courteous a number of times to the same person and then I see them following me again, I'm like...to heck with them as the door shuts as soon as they walk up.

pergdaddy
8/28/2008, 10:45 AM
I always give a "you're welcome" regardless if they say thank you or not. Makes me feel better and maybe it might enlighten them to their ignorance of manners they just displayed.

That's one thing we always try to instill into our children. When you are given something or somebody does something for you, you say thank you. That's an absolute must.