PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back to school!

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 04:49 PM
This is why I try not to drive after midnight on Saturdays.;)

NORMAN — Norman police stopped 515 vehicles and arrested eight people at a sobriety checkpoint, according to a Norman Police Department press release.

Officers were stationed near the 500 block of E Constitution Street from midnight to 3 a.m. Saturday as part of a national law enforcement campaign called "Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest.”

Officer Jennifer Newell said four were arrested on driving under the influence of alcohol complaints, three of them were under the age of 21; two were arrested on aggravated driving under the influence complaints — meaning their blood-alcohol content was at least twice the legal limit of .08 — and one on a complaint of driving under the influence of drugs.

One driver was arrested on complaints of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of marijuana.

The "Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest” campaign started Aug. 15 and will continue through Sept. 1.

badger
8/26/2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, they've been doing these for several years now - I can remember them in 2006, but I think they started in 2005. Not entirely sure.

Your best bet - they will give you a warning that there's a sobriety checkpoint up ahead. One time there was one near a McDonald's. If the checkpoint is near a business or some sort, pull in and shop/pretend to shop there. However, do not do a complete 180. This is illegal and you'll get cited.

If you are innocent and I sincerely hope you are, simply slow down, wave to the officer and you'll get waved on by with no problems. They only do severe "audits" on the suspected drunk ones. Act as non-drunk as possible (kind of like at airports when you try to act as non-terrorist as possible to get through security faster).

StoopTroup
8/26/2008, 04:58 PM
So....

Stopping 515 people produced 8 illegal drivers...two of which definitely shouldn't have been on the road.

I wonder how many they catch while just out doing thier job while patrolling?

That doesn't sound like a very succesful sting to me.

yermom
8/26/2008, 05:40 PM
anyone know a good DUI lawyer? :O

it's not for anyone you know

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/26/2008, 06:25 PM
Constitution, so it looks like they were going after the people that live in Sterling and the Commons. Aren't those big frat and sorority apts? Sounds like there may be some strategy to that one.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 07:43 PM
Constitution, so it looks like they were going after the people that live in Sterling and the Commons. Aren't those big frat and sorority apts? Sounds like there may be some strategy to that one.

ya think?

When hunting rabbits, you generally do well if you stake out a carrot patch.;)

SoonerStormchaser
8/26/2008, 07:46 PM
That area and the area on Chatauqua between Lindsey and Imhoff.

tommieharris91
8/26/2008, 08:06 PM
That area and the area on Chatauqua between Lindsey and Imhoff.
This is the way the fratties and sratties go to get their beer. They could catch a tonna drunks if they did this.

StoopTroup
8/26/2008, 08:10 PM
anyone know a good DUI lawyer? :O

it's not for anyone you know

Don't get Penguin's. :D