PDA

View Full Version : Offline Drunkytown

VeeJay
8/26/2008, 02:53 PM
I'm at a trade show this week in Myrtle Beach, SC. I'm sitting here looking at the ocean now, but we're under a tornado watch so it's a big Meh.

Sunday night a group of six of us met our sales guy from a major consumer products manufacturer for dinner. Traditionally, we always meet the guy at the same joint, and the fare for everyone is steak and lobster.

I'd had three bourbons prior, and continued on with that at the restaurant with three more. Then my buddy ordered a bottle of red wine, which soon became three bottles. At the end, my boss, a co. VP, ordered a round of Patron shots for everyone. We came back to the hotel and at 11 the inside bar closed. I know of two more bourbons I had and one more shot of Patron before the lady shut down and sent us packing. We headed out to the pool bar for a nightcap.

The drinking and carousing picked up there considerably. My buddy insisted on swilling Alabama Slammers, and I know I downed at least two of those. At one point Carpool Guy said I had a Slammer in one hand, a bourbon in the other hand and one wedged between my forearm and chest. I remember doing at least one more shot of Patron at the pool bar. I remember leaving the bar but I don't remember going back into my room. I left my buddy (not Carpool Guy) at the bar serenading two young ladies who were LSU grads. My memories of details is fuzzy. This morning I saw the sales guy from the major consumer products manufacturer, and he said he wasn't sure how he was going to get the expense past the approval gurus at his co. The restaurant tab was $1100, and the bills at the bar were $150 at the inside bar, and two bills at the pool bar - the first for $180 and he said they brought him a second one for $220. :eek: