PDA

View Full Version : Biden a liability?

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 02:46 PM
....could be. JSM pulls ahead in Gallup daily polling during Donkfest in Denver.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/26/2008, 02:48 PM
Rutt-Rohhh!!!

Ike
8/26/2008, 02:49 PM
Of course Biden is a liability...Nobody outside of Delaware wants to listen to him speak. When he speaks, even the dyed in the wool liberals cringe, just waiting for him to say something truly idiotic....

VeeJay
8/26/2008, 03:05 PM
Gallup Numbers Here (http://www.gallup.com/poll/109834/Gallup-Daily-Bounce-Obama-Post-Biden-Tracking.aspx)

- Maybe the electorate is sufficiently politically aware to know of Biden's plagiarism and embellisment of factual data - but that's a long shot.

- He's an old wrinkly white guy - THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

- People screwed over by credit card predatory practices make a connection with him since he's the Darling of Delaware - home to most major credit card companies.

- He is the opposite of CHANGE, having served in the Senate since 1973.

OklahomaTuba
8/26/2008, 03:06 PM
Nuthin says change like picking a 65 year old Senator who has been in washington since Nixon was President.

No reason the donks shouldn't be up by 20 at this point. Well, except that they nominated a left-wing radical nobody with zero experience.

They need AT LEAST a 10-15 point advantage in the polls to even come close to winning on election day, as they don't have a good reputation of showing up to fill out a ballot.

They better pray they get some sort of bounce from this convention, that no one is watching.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:10 PM
I think this has more to do with the Hillary factor than it does the Biden factor, but that's just me.

mdklatt
8/26/2008, 03:12 PM
If the dimz give away this election they are truly hopeless.

8/26/2008, 03:17 PM
If the dimz give away this election they are truly hopeless."Tis a shame for America you (or anyone else) would hope they would win it, anyway.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:18 PM

I mean this with all sincerity.

This year, with the GOP brand in the toilet, they could have pulled almost any Donk out of any governor's mansion, phoned it in, and barring any seckshual shenanigans, would be leading big time by now enroute to a waltz to victory in November.

But no. They pick a guy from outer space.

It beats anything I've ever seen in presidential politics. They may yet pull it out, but it ain't looking none too shiney right now.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:20 PM

Yup. This election isn't about McCain vs. Obama. It's about bringing the Hillary voters back into the fold. The hawks will try and spin it otherwise, but if Hillary works hard at bringing her voters back to the D side, Obama will win. People are about as excited about John McCain as they are about watching paint dry.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:22 PM
Yup. This election isn't about McCain vs. Obama. It's about bringing the Hillary voters back into the fold. The hawks will try and spin it otherwise, but if Hillary works hard at bringing her voters back to the D side, Obama will win. People are about as excited about John McCain as they are about watching paint dry.

But that's just it JM. I don't think HRC wants BHO to win because that means 2012 will be wide-open for her "See I Told You So" Campaign. JSM is a one-termer no matter how you slice it.

8/26/2008, 03:24 PM

With known terrorist connections, as well as black racists and criminals, and the dude most likely couldn't be hired for many govt. jobs, due to failing security clearances because of his past.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:24 PM
But that's just it JM. I don't think HRC wants BHO to win because that means 2012 will be wide-open for her "See I Told You So" Campaign.

I think you're right. I do. We'll see tonight how she acts.

Pardon my French but I see her as a conniving **** who will let Obama die a slow twisting death in order to get what she wants. She may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

soonerscuba
8/26/2008, 03:25 PM
IThis year, with the GOP brand in the toilet
They were smart enough to know this during primary season and pick a man that damn near left the party this decade. I like John McCain, and I honestly think he wouldn't be a bad president, but if you would have picked Romney or Huckabee you would get a smashing of epic proportions.

Still, days are years in a campaign, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Obama finish it out. If he doesn't, I look forward to seeing what McCain has to offer.

Ike
8/26/2008, 03:25 PM
I mean this with all sincerity.

This year, with the GOP brand in the toilet, they could have pulled almost any Donk out of any governor's mansion, phoned it in, and barring any seckshual shenanigans, would be leading big time by now enroute to a waltz to victory in November.

It beats anything I've ever seen in presidential politics. They may yet pull it out, but it ain't looking none too shiney right now.

I actually agree wholeheartedly.

If I had my druthers, Richardson would be in the veep slot for Obama. I think he would have done as good a job of shoring up the 'experience' question as Biden does, plus, he's not nearly as moonbatish.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:27 PM
I think you're right. I do. We'll see tonight how she acts.

Pardon my French but I see her as a conniving **** who will let Obama die a slow twisting death in order to get what she wants. She may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

I may watch just to try and gauge her temperature.

SoonerProphet
8/26/2008, 03:27 PM
It is truly a shame that neither of the candidates offer any real differences in policy. We have the Max Boot/Robert Kagan camp who are extremists of the worst sort. On the other we have a "liberal interventionist", a known Zionist, who was as misinformed in the run up to the Iraqi war as my current 8th graders...and most of the staff at The Weekly Standard.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:29 PM
I may watch just to try and gauge her temperature.

We should play a drinking game and take a shot every time she gets a smug look on her face.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:30 PM
If Obama had selected Hillary he'd be rolling towards to WH with those two in tow. McCain would get chewed up and spit out.

<Metallica>You know it's sad but true!!!!</Metallica>

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:33 PM

My sense is those people, Bill and Hill, have always been, first and foremost, out for number one.

I don't think BHO would be good for America, but I'll concede he's in it because he honestly believes his way is best. I really don't sense he feels it's all about him. Now, and I can't believe I'm advising this, (but its prolly no biggy because I'm fairly sure none of his senior staff monitor the SO,) if they turned down the rockstar crap, I think it would help him. Humility is endearing.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:34 PM
We should play a drinking game and take a shot every time she gets a smug look on her face.

as long as she doesn't start that maniacal affected laugh of hers. Uggh.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:35 PM
If Obama had selected Hillary he'd be rolling towards to WH with those two in tow. McCain would get chewed up and spit out.

prolly so.

mdklatt
8/26/2008, 03:35 PM
"Tis a shame for America you (or anyone else) would hope they would win it, anyway.

The real shame is that you think pubz have a lock on good ideas, especially since the last 8 years have been such a cluster**** in almost every way.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 03:38 PM
I actually agree wholeheartedly.

If I had my druthers, Richardson would be in the veep slot for Obama. I think he would have done as good a job of shoring up the 'experience' question as Biden does, plus, he's not nearly as moonbatish.

I like Bill Richardson. I really do. I think he would have brought a lot to the campaign. I also still think Kathleen Sebelius would have been a triumph.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think BHO would be good for America, but I'll concede he's in it because he honestly believes his way is best. I really don't sense he feels it's all about him. Now, and I can't believe I'm advising this, (but its prolly no biggy because I'm fairly sure none of his senior staff monitor the SO,) if they turned down the rockstar crap, I think it would help him. Humility is endearing.

My hope is that Hillary and Bill make an honest effort at bringing their party back together and give BHO a fighting shot at winning. If he wins, he wins, if he loses, he loses. But I hope he isn't completely hamstrung by these people between now and Halloween. I too hope he steers clear of the negative campaigns and the mud. If he gets back to the person he was during the primary season and sticks to his guns and still loses, that's cool. But he's steering fast towards the middle with a giant u-haul attached to his bumper that says "Hill & Bill" on it that's making steering difficult.

stoopified
8/26/2008, 03:50 PM
Hope so.

swardboy
8/26/2008, 04:07 PM
I mean, BHO turned aside someone who brought 18,000,000 supporters with her, for........

Thank you dems.

Bobbie Jindal will be the game-changer in '12

soonerscuba
8/26/2008, 04:09 PM
Bobbie Jindal will be the game-changer in '12
I heard he's Muslim.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 04:11 PM
I heard he's Muslim.

He's Ray Nagin's illegitimate brother.

KC//CRIMSON
8/26/2008, 04:15 PM
JSM pulls ahead in Gallup daily polling during Donkfest in Denver.

Thank You, Daddy Yankee!!

8/26/2008, 04:18 PM
The real shame is that you think pubz have a lock on good ideas, especially since the last 8 years have been such a cluster**** in almost every way.IYHO

tommieharris91
8/26/2008, 04:25 PM
I heard he's Muslim.

Heh. I heard he's Hindu.

OklahomaTuba
8/26/2008, 04:30 PM
Heh. I heard he's Hindu.
And lives in a hut.

r5TPsooner
8/26/2008, 04:31 PM
And lives in a hut.

Down by the river.

SoonerStormchaser
8/26/2008, 04:40 PM
Now, and I can't believe I'm advising this, (but its prolly no biggy because I'm fairly sure none of his senior staff monitor the SO,) if they turned down the rockstar crap, I think it would help him. Humility is endearing.
Don't tell that to Oprah...it's her fault he's in this to begin with! Seriously, if he didn't go on that show two years ago...and have her pimp him to run...and then make her 20 million viewers listen, he'd still be a non-factor junior Senator from Illinois.

It saddens me to see American society pick its candidates from talk shows...and then watch as they put out Jerry Springer mud commercials on each other.

NormanPride
8/26/2008, 04:52 PM
It's a sign of the declining Democratic party that they're losing more and more middle ground peeps. The Republican party has been pretty quiet recently, and it's making people forget that they're just as bat**** as the other guys. Pretty good strategy, really.

LesNessman
8/26/2008, 05:27 PM

Yeah, but Obama would mysteriously get whacked within 4-6 months and the Clintons would roll on.

tommieharris91
8/26/2008, 05:32 PM
It's a sign of the declining Democratic party that they're losing more and more middle ground peeps. The Republican party has been pretty quiet recently, and it's making people forget that they're just as bat**** as the other guys. Pretty good strategy, really.

I think all you need to know about the declining Democratic party is their failure to remove the spawn of Satan from office in '04 and turning a blowout into a close race this time around.

Ike
8/26/2008, 06:03 PM
Don't tell that to Oprah...it's her fault he's in this to begin with! Seriously, if he didn't go on that show two years ago...and have her pimp him to run...and then make her 20 million viewers listen, he'd still be a non-factor junior Senator from Illinois.

It saddens me to see American society pick its candidates from talk shows...and then watch as they put out Jerry Springer mud commercials on each other.

And strangely, Jerry Springer would actually probably be a decent candidate...

8/26/2008, 06:07 PM
And strangely, Jerry Springer would actually probably be a decent candidate...What's wrong wit choo, fella?

OklahomaTuba
8/26/2008, 06:44 PM
Fortunatly for conservatives, the libz eventually have to explain what they are for, instead of running on just "Hope" and "Change".

Its at that point that the people start to run away from liberalism.

Preservation Parcels
8/26/2008, 07:31 PM
Of course Biden is a liability...Nobody outside of Delaware wants to listen to him speak. When he speaks, even the dyed in the wool liberals cringe, just waiting for him to say something truly idiotic....

I'm in Delaware, and I don't want to listen to him speak, either. Or gush. Or cry. http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5658898

History predicts he will say something truly idiotic. When, not if, is the question.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 07:40 PM
I'm in Delaware, and I don't want to listen to him speak, either. Or gush. Or cry. http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5658898

History predicts he will say something truly idiotic. When, not if, is the question.

Preach it KB!;)

Scott D
8/26/2008, 09:04 PM
What's wrong wit choo, fella?

springer actually did a decent job in his time as mayor of cincinnati.

Oldnslo
8/26/2008, 09:15 PM
I just saw the new Newsweek, with Obama and Biden on the cover.

No zing. Whatsoever.

When Clinton picked Gore, there was excitement... a feeling that they had a plan to guide the country.

O-Biden has all the chemistry of a Ben Affleck film.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/26/2008, 09:17 PM
But that's just it JM. I don't think HRC wants BHO to win because that means 2012 will be wide-open for her "See I Told You So" Campaign. JSM is a one-termer no matter how you slice it.

Sounds good to me. McCain in 08 and Clinton in 12. I'd be happy with that.

XFollower
8/26/2008, 09:32 PM
Is this convention the, "here's what we're going to change", or the "George Bush is an idiot" storyline? So far we're working off of the how bad the other guys are crap, nothing to inform us on how we are going to change for the good.

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2008, 01:05 PM
Obama 45% Old Guy 44%

F You, Daddy Yankee!!

tommieharris91
8/27/2008, 01:22 PM
Is this convention the, "here's what we're going to change", or the "George Bush is an idiot" storyline? So far we're working off of the how bad the other guys are crap, nothing to inform us on how we are going to change for the good.

McCain's campaign is pretty much the same thing.

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2008, 02:02 PM
The National Democratic party would screw up scheduling an orgy in ho-house.

They were dealt, on a silver platter... an outgoing unpopular president.... an unpopular war.. a slate full of Republican candidates, that well.. to call them uninspiring would be charitable.... American debt going through the ceiling.. gas prices at an all time high... a perception that the economy is shaky...

and what do they do?????

Nominate an inexperienced junior senator whose two greatest attributes are that he has charisma and he's black... and campaigning on a platform of, "we must have change.. the old Washington D.C. does not work".. he picks an old time Washington insider from an insignificant state (unless you're a credit card company) with a past that includes issues regarding plagiarism.

Oh.. how many times did Lady Billary use an adjective to describe Obama last night? uh. that would be .. none... No.. he's insightful, dedicated public servant... blah blah blah... She spent more time blathering on about "we must have universal health care" than pimping for Obama. Her eyes are clearly set on 2012.. and would not mind if Obama goes down in flames this year.

JohnnyMack
8/27/2008, 02:24 PM
Sounds good to me. McCain in 08 and Clinton in 12. I'd be happy with that.

I hope Obama bucks the odds and wins so that **** and her supporters can get left out in the cold.

She is now and always has been a power mad bitch who doesn't care about anything beyond the end of her own nose.