PDA

View Full Version : Missouri PPV Location

The VIIIth
8/26/2008, 12:51 PM
Ladies & Gents,

I am temporarily in the wasteland of sw Missouri, about an hour south of KC, 1.5 north of Joplin.

Anyone have any idea how or where I may be able to see the game this weekend? Some Sooner oasis, an Oklahoman Al Fresco Trattoria anywhere on the Plaza in KC, some hidden bastion of Boomerettes off Hiway 71 (Where'd you say you wanted that murder done?) ...

I have Cable but no ESPN package available...what about Dish Network? Would that allow me to see the game?

Sure appreciate some help, I wasn't planning on being in Misery for Kickoff.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/tonysooner/2007SoftailDeluxe-Samsons-2-1.jpg?t=1219773001

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2008, 01:06 PM
Wondering the same thing in Houston. Have looked, but seen no listing. Wondering if it will be released later in the week.

Whet
8/26/2008, 01:31 PM
If you are 1 1/2 hrs north of Joplin, you can see the game in Norman. The drive is only 4 1/2 hours down there!

Sure beats trying to find an outlet up there!

Whet
8/26/2008, 01:58 PM
from soonersports.com:

FOX Announces PPV Details

For OU-Chattanooga Game
Aug. 14, 2008

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma's season-opening football game against Chattanooga on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 6 p.m., CT will be televised live on pay-per-view by Big 12 Special Order Sports, FSN Southwest's pay-per-view division. The telecast will be available on participating cable television systems in Oklahoma and Texas and nationwide to satellite dish customers.
Suggested retail price is $29.95. A list of participating programming providers carrying the PPV game will be announced later. Most programming providers will begin accepting orders the week of the game. Fans should check with their local provider for availability in their area.

humblesooner
8/26/2008, 02:38 PM
Wondering the same thing in Houston. Have looked, but seen no listing. Wondering if it will be released later in the week.

The OU Club of Houston is hosting a watch party at the Fox Sports Grill in the Galleria. The game will be on there. Come on out.

OKC-SLC
8/26/2008, 04:59 PM
Ladies & Gents,

I am temporarily in the wasteland of sw Missouri, about an hour south of KC, 1.5 north of Joplin.

Anyone have any idea how or where I may be able to see the game this weekend? Some Sooner oasis, an Oklahoman Al Fresco Trattoria anywhere on the Plaza in KC, some hidden bastion of Boomerettes off Hiway 71 (Where'd you say you wanted that murder done?) ...

I have Cable but no ESPN package available...what about Dish Network? Would that allow me to see the game?

http://www.ouclubofkc.com/

They hosted the Utah State PPV game last year at Wallaby's, and according to the above link, they plan to do so for this game Saturday. Wallaby's is down in Lenexa, the south part of KC metro area. I'd be there if I weren't going to the game.

http://www.wallabysonline.com/index2.htm

panhandlesooner
8/26/2008, 08:00 PM
Wallaby's was great last year for the Utah St. game last year...good food, drinks, service and a bunch of Sooners...

The VIIIth
8/26/2008, 08:30 PM
It;s why I love this board. KC it is.

Boomer!

and Thanks...

OKC-SLC
8/26/2008, 08:35 PM
Wallaby's was great last year for the Utah St. game last year...good food, drinks, service and a bunch of Sooners...

I was there as well.

St. Louis Sooner
8/27/2008, 10:49 AM
Try out the local OU alumni association and see if there's a watch party.

i live in STL and local alums have a watch going every weekend at Weber's Front Row.

Blitzkrieg
8/27/2008, 06:10 PM
Might try to watch it at the Lake of the Ozarks

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/27/2008, 10:49 PM
Ladies & Gents,

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/tonysooner/2007SoftailDeluxe-Samsons-2-1.jpg?t=1219773001

Hey I'm permanently in the wastelands of SWMO, about 4-5 minutes north of Joplin.

I'm guessing Butler or Adrian?

29.95 on Dish PPV. I'm going to be there Sat though and I'm taking my 7-year old to his first game. Perfect game to do that.

The VIIIth
8/28/2008, 04:00 PM
Hey I'm permanently in the wastelands of SWMO, about 4-5 minutes north of Joplin.

I'm guessing Butler or Adrian?

29.95 on Dish PPV. I'm going to be there Sat though and I'm taking my 7-year old to his first game. Perfect game to do that.

I have been working in the Vernon County area for the past year, your guess on Butler is pretty close. Not a bad place, great curvy roads to ride your scooter, just sucks when you live about 10 minutes from Owen Field in real life...