PDA

View Full Version : Can Nebraska beat Mizzou?

achiro
8/26/2008, 10:55 AM
Its in Nebraska, it's homecoming, and its the week after VT. I think they will be well coached but don't know enough about their recruting to know if they have the talent on Defense to slow Mizzou down??? I just have this feeling about that game...

KantoSooner
8/26/2008, 10:57 AM
They have as good a shot as anyone else in the North and they have the coaching to do it.

soonermix
8/26/2008, 10:57 AM
Its in Nebraska, it's homecoming, and its the week after VT. I think they will be well coached but don't know enough about their recruting to know if they have the talent on Defense to slow Mizzou down??? I just have this feeling about that game...

can they beat them... yes
will they... call me back the week before the game i might change my mind but for right now i will say no

badger
8/26/2008, 10:58 AM
Can Nebraska beat Mizzou? Can paint chips be eaten?

Yes! But do we really want this?

St. Louis Sooner
8/26/2008, 11:16 AM
Historically, Mizzou has had trouble playing away at ... you guessed it: Austin, Lincoln, and Norman.

Nebbish's first five games are at home with the fifth being the tiggers ... both teams' Big 12 opener. I really like the setup for an upset, and if I were Pellini, I'd be preparing a 'season plan' that targets Mizzou, Kansas, and Colorado as HIS critical games. There's also a two-week break for them before the tough three games of VaTech, Mizzou and @TTech.

I really like their chances of pulling it off, but 'mix' has the right attitude for now ... it's just too early to tell.

royalfan5
8/26/2008, 11:19 AM

Well, NU will be starting a walk-on and a recently converted running back at linebacker and has booted a key DT. The secondary is green. I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/26/2008, 11:23 AM
There is no way in hell that Neb beats Mizzou this year. Nebby has a new coach and is changing offenses. Mizzou is still very strong this year.

I probably just jinxed Mizzou so I'll go with Neb for the win.

royalfan5
8/26/2008, 11:26 AM
There is no way in hell that Neb beats Mizzou this year. Nebby has a new coach and is changing offenses. Mizzou is still very strong this year.

I probably just jinxed Mizzou so I'll go with Neb for the win.

You do know that the the Offensive Coaching staff at Nebraska includes the same OC and recievers coach as Callahan used right? NU isn't going to look much differently offensively this year than they have in the past.

califsooner
8/26/2008, 11:31 AM
No way you jinxed it. As a college football and also an OU fan......let's be realistic. I say no way Mizzou loses that game, too much firepower and vs a pretty weak D......and with a whole new staff for Nebraska. That's asking alot guys for the first year. Mizzou has a nice team coming back, and I don't think they were a 1 year wonder as KU might of been. If Nebraska does win that game I'll be the first one to check back here and say I was way off on this. It is college and a road game, and we all saw those many surprises last year.....but I'll take MU in this one.

MiccoMacey
8/26/2008, 11:36 AM
No.

OUMallen
8/26/2008, 11:37 AM
I sincerely doubt it...Pelini had our secondary very confused in the short stint he was here; I don't think he installs a simple defense. And you need a LOT of stay-at-home, complete your assignment defense against Boogereater & Maclin.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/26/2008, 11:46 AM
You do know that the the Offensive Coaching staff at Nebraska includes the same OC and recievers coach as Callahan used right? NU isn't going to look much differently offensively this year than they have in the past.

Nope. I thought they were going back to a run heavy offense. I thought that's what you corncobs wanted.

Well, in that case, I pick Mizzou again.

rainiersooner
8/26/2008, 11:48 AM
I think Nebraska will be improved this year...but Missouri is too good. Besides, I want Missouri to go undefeated until the CCG...setting us up nicely for the Orange Bowl.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 11:49 AM
Yes. 4 teams have a shot at the North.

MojoRisen
8/26/2008, 11:53 AM
The question is did Nebraska really fall that far from the 06 team that should have won 10 games to what they were last year. I personally think it was coaching last year that made the D so terrible and knowing Callahan was getting fired.

I say that Nebraska wins 9 games this year and definitely has a chance to knock off Mizzou in Lincoln as they should have beaten Texas in 06 and Auburn.

achiro
8/26/2008, 12:09 PM
The question is did Nebraska really fall that far from the 06 team that should have won 10 games to what they were last year. I personally think it was coaching last year that made the D so terrible and knowing Callahan was getting fired.

as they should have beaten Texas in 06 and Auburn.

this is along my thinking as well and why I asked. I just don't think the cornholes recruiting could be that bad. Pelini had a fantastic D it NU and LSU with OU in between. I still think a big part of the lack of success at OU was the co-coaching when the two coaches kind of have a different approach.
I know the whole undefeated thing of Mizzou sounds good but the legend of daniels taking a pounding and early loss sounds even better to me.

royalfan5
8/26/2008, 12:15 PM
Nope. I thought they were going back to a run heavy offense. I thought that's what you corncobs wanted.

Well, in that case, I pick Mizzou again.

Sure they will trot out a read option here or there as a bone for the fans, and will likely run the ball quite bit because Running Back has more talent than the recievers, but it will look more like Gary Barnett CU teams than Solich's Nebraska teams.