PDA

View Full Version : DId anyone else think Mrs Obama

achiro
8/26/2008, 07:20 AM
sounded like one of those artistic poets last night. The cadence and her body movements. JUst made me think she should be wearing all black and standing up on a dark stage in a seedy thater somewhere.:D

On another note it is sad to me that so many people are excited, in this day and age, about the fact that a "different" representation of a black family in America was portrayed. Don't get me wrong on this, I thought it was a nice speech, I thought it was nice that he showed how much he loves his family. It's just sad to me that this is so unusual in "black America" with the statistics showing that most black men aren't part of their kids lives.

olevetonahill
8/26/2008, 07:50 AM
I didnt think any thing of her speech.
Course I didnt listen to any of it either:rolleyes:

SoonerStormchaser
8/26/2008, 08:03 AM
I'm thinking that, like Hillary, she's the REAL brains behind the operation. And no, all you donks, I don't mean that in a demeaning or threatening way.

Collier11
8/26/2008, 08:37 AM
She reminded me of Madea?!

SoonerStormchaser
8/26/2008, 08:40 AM
HUH?

Turd_Ferguson
8/26/2008, 08:41 AM
Good speech. She spoke very well. That said......SUCK IT OBAMA!!! McCain for prez!!!!!!:D

batonrougesooner
8/26/2008, 09:02 AM
Completely fake. Don't drink the Kool Aide.

Is she proud of America now?

I can't believe our country is going to fall for these people.

Might as well move to Manchuria.

r5TPsooner
8/26/2008, 09:08 AM
I laughed really hard at her outfit. She doesn't have the body for something that tight.

BTW, she came off to me as phony as hell. Just like McCains wife will next week, only she doesn't try to act like she's not a millionaire.

Collier11
8/26/2008, 09:14 AM
mccains wife has overriding cougar points though!

King Crimson
8/26/2008, 09:19 AM
remember when OUThunder's "new" handle was pretending to "decide" between Obama and McCain. those were funny times. trolly fun...huh?

now he's come rapid obvious.

badger
8/26/2008, 09:21 AM
I liked Ben Stein's take on it - she said she loved her husband and was a mother. Well, so are a lot of women in America and shouldn't a wife love her husband and think highly of her husband?

Stein completely went off on Larry King last night saying that she was using a bunch of tired cliches without really saying anything at all. His biggest beef was that they made only a passing mention of the soldiers overseas.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 09:22 AM
I'm thinking that, like Hillary, she's the REAL brains behind the operation. And no, all you donks, I don't mean that in a demeaning or threatening way.

I'd like you to play BHO in Scrabble. That would be fun.

King Crimson
8/26/2008, 09:23 AM
I liked Ben Stein's take on it - she said she loved her husband and was a mother. Well, so are a lot of women in America and shouldn't a wife love her husband and think highly of her husband?

Stein completely went off on Larry King last night saying that she was using a bunch of tired cliches without really saying anything at all. His biggest beef was that they made only a passing mention of the soldiers overseas.

and you think the GOP convention will be cliche free? John McCain defeated the commies on his own. he was a POW you know?

achiro
8/26/2008, 09:26 AM
When I said artistic poetry, I'm talking like the def poetry stuff. I'm not slamming her for it, its just something I saw in there and thought it a bit different.

achiro
8/26/2008, 09:29 AM
and you think the GOP convention will be cliche free? John McCain defeated the commies on his own. he was a POW you know?

Yes, the GOP convention will be perfect with nothing added for showmanship. It will be completely honest and no truths will be embelished. :D

badger
8/26/2008, 09:31 AM

I really don't know what to expect, because I don't even know who his running mate is going to be. For all I know, it'll be singing GOD BLESS AMERICA for four days straight for a new world record and everyone goes home feeling patriotic. :D

SoonerStormchaser
8/26/2008, 09:36 AM
mccains wife has overriding cougar points though!

Ummm...I'm gonna abstain from this point of the debate as I cannot comment for fear of a flying shoe from the wife.

Collier11
8/26/2008, 09:45 AM
Obama has brainwashed all of you, it is sad really. I thought his overwhelming amount of BS would eventually come through to everyone. He is a speaker, an orator, a poet. A president???

Im not sure, im not saying he will be a bad president necessarily, I just think he is full of it. He is a rockstar, but how do rockstars fix the economy or fight wars?

Collier11
8/26/2008, 09:45 AM
Ummm...I'm gonna abstain from this point of the debate as I cannot comment for fear of a flying shoe from the wife.

for the best, I feel ya though ;)

bri
8/26/2008, 09:55 AM

Yeah, those orthopedics are heavy. That would probably hurt.

badger
8/26/2008, 09:57 AM
perhaps obama supporters that love the way he speaks are just so sick of having a president that doesn't speak well.

when clinton was president, people who supported bush were sick of a slimy old guy sleeping around and were looking for somebody to restore dignity to the office or something. clinton got elected because people were sick of republican control, bush got elected because everyone loved reaganomics, reagan got elected because people were sick of the cold war and jimmy's lack of control over it.

with the exception of first bush, the next president is often quite different from the predecessor.

r5TPsooner
8/26/2008, 10:03 AM
perhaps obama supporters that love the way he speaks are just so sick of having a president that doesn't speak well.

when clinton was president, people who supported bush were sick of a slimy old guy sleeping around and were looking for somebody to restore dignity to the office or something. clinton got elected because people were sick of republican control, bush got elected because everyone loved reaganomics, reagan got elected because people were sick of the cold war and jimmy's lack of control over it.

with the exception of first bush, the next president is often quite different from the predecessor.

You make a very good point. When Obama has a written speech he comes across extremely well spoken. When he's in an open forum, he no better or worse than McCain. I notice that he hesitates a lot, almost stuttering, searching for the words that he's trying to get across to the audience.

It'll be interesting how the debates go when they start up next month.

BTW, does anyone know if Barr will be invited to them or will it just be the Obama and McCain?

soonervegas
8/26/2008, 10:07 AM
Why is she up there talking? Is she running for office? (P.S. I will feel the same if Cindy McCain is up there) Waste of time. Give me some people that might be apart of his cabinet.....then I'll listen.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 10:12 AM
You make a very good point. When Obama has a written speech he comes across extremely well spoken. When he's in an open forum, he no better or worse than McCain. I notice that he hesitates a lot, almost stuttering, searching for the words that he's trying to get across to the audience.

I watched the saddleback debate and came away thinking that McCain is really good extemporaneous speaker who can pull soundbytes out of his *** at a moments notice and please the bleating sheep. The guy has been around the block and knows what to say and when to say it. Obama came across as someone who was searching for answers to questions and to me at least felt like he was trying to have a dialogue as opposed to a chopped up stump speech. How that plays out in their live debates will be interesting. We are unfortunately a soundbyte nation.

shaun4411
8/26/2008, 10:15 AM
people seem to think he can get things done because others will listen.

badger
8/26/2008, 10:15 AM
vegas, first lady is kind of a part of the leadership team too. the president's spouse plays an important role as a U.S. ambassador during foreign trips and when foreign diplomats are being hosted at the White House. I have every confidence that Cindy McCain will speak too. The spouses pretty much always speak at conventions. I quoted Hillary's infamous "it takes a village" speech from the Chicago DNC in 1996 in another thread.

r5TPsooner
8/26/2008, 10:18 AM
I watched the saddleback debate and came away thinking that McCain is really good extemporaneous speaker who can pull soundbytes out of his *** at a moments notice and please the bleating sheep. The guy has been around the block and knows what to say and when to say it. Obama came across as someone who was searching for answers to questions and to me at least felt like he was trying to have a dialogue as opposed to a chopped up stump speech. How that plays out in their live debates will be interesting. We are unfortunately a soundbyte nation.

I concur. McCain seems to be at a disadvantage when it's a speech as opposed to the Obama. However, I feel like McCain has the edge in an open forum, like the saddleback debate, in which I thought was his most impressive stance against the Obama to date. If McCain can continue to come across like that, he has a shot at being the next POTUS.

However, I think that McCain's wife is gonna make most of us want to throw up. She just comes across arrogant, like she belongs in Beverly Hills or something. Getting her to relate to the "average joe" is going to be next to impossible.

Advantage Obama.

badger
8/26/2008, 10:24 AM
However, I think that McCain's wife is gonna make most of us want to throw up. She just comes across arrogant, like she belongs in Beverly Hills or something. Getting her to relate to the "average joe" is going to be next to impossible.

Advantage Obama.

hmm... this sounds like a potential polling here :D

... but not right now. There are way too many Obama/DNC/election threads going on for me to start another. perhaps stuff will quiet down in mid September.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 10:24 AM

Why do you hate Teresa Heinz Kerry?

r5TPsooner
8/26/2008, 10:26 AM
Why do you hate Teresa Heinz Kerry?

Beer > Ketchup

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 10:26 AM
True...I'm still not voting for McCain.

soonerscuba
8/26/2008, 10:27 AM
He is a rockstar, but how do rockstars fix the economy or fight wars?
Merch & rocking so hard that bullets can't hit our country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwjnIkZnowk

shaun4411
8/26/2008, 10:28 AM
maybe we need a new ammendment: nobody can run for president who has made more than 100k in any given year.

he has to have at least $4k in credit card debt, an upside down auto loan, outstanding student debt, a magazine subscription where his name is spelled wrong, and noisey neighbors....lets get a real man of the people

SoonerBorn68
8/26/2008, 10:40 AM
How about we start with term limits on a national scale & if a candidate already holds an office, i.e. senator, representative, etc., that person has to step down to run.

That would make things MUCH more interesting in Washington since there will risk involved.

achiro
8/26/2008, 10:45 AM
So what "y'all" are saying is that I am the only one that saw the resemblance to Def Poetry in her speech?:P

85Sooner
8/26/2008, 11:40 AM
She reminded me of Madusa?!

fix

badger
8/26/2008, 12:13 PM
How about we start with term limits on a national scale & if a candidate already holds an office, i.e. senator, representative, etc., that person has to step down to run.

That would make things MUCH more interesting in Washington since there will risk involved.

I would argue that one cannot fulfill their obligations to represent as a Senator, Governor or Representative if they are full-time running for office, so I would be up for this also. However, I'm not sure how many would be up for such a sacrifice. Running for president is tough enough as is (and yes it is, even though it probably looks rather cushy compared to 8-5 workin')

Jimminy Crimson
8/26/2008, 01:52 PM
Can't wait until Cindy (the actual next First Lady) pwns Hopey McChange...

The Maestro
8/26/2008, 02:48 PM
maybe we need a new ammendment: nobody can run for president who has made more than 100k in any given year.

he has to have at least $4k in credit card debt, an upside down auto loan, outstanding student debt, a magazine subscription where his name is spelled wrong, and noisey neighbors....lets get a real man of the people

Who said I wanna be Prez???

Pricetag
8/26/2008, 02:50 PM

he has to have . . .a magazine subscription where his name is spelled wrong
I don't have a magazine subscription, but Columbia House thinks my first name is "X." Do I qualify?

KC//CRIMSON
8/26/2008, 03:00 PM
sounded like one of those artistic poets last night. The cadence and her body movements. JUst made me think she should be wearing all black and standing up on a dark stage in a seedy thater somewhere.:D

On another note it is sad to me that so many people are excited, in this day and age, about the fact that a "different" representation of a black family in America was portrayed. Don't get me wrong on this, I thought it was a nice speech, I thought it was nice that he showed how much he loves his family. It's just sad to me that this is so unusual in "black America" with the statistics showing that most black men aren't part of their kids lives.

Maya Angelou in the hizzy!

Collier11
8/26/2008, 03:08 PM
Maya Angelou in the hizzy!

more like sista soulja