PDA

View Full Version : DNC PAID FOR BY

OUHOMER
8/26/2008, 05:04 AM
lobbyist, How nice. Just had a piece on the news that the lobbyist are paying for everything from the parties, the limos, everything. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess I should have expected it. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 05:31 AM
lobbyist, How nice. Just had a piece on the news that the lobbyist are paying for everything from the parties, the limos, everything. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess I should have expected it. :rolleyes:

I'm reasonably certain the RNC fiesta next week will be paid for the same way.

bri
8/26/2008, 09:02 AM
Shhh, logic will just make him dizzy and confused. :D

batonrougesooner
8/26/2008, 09:04 AM
Just the way it is.

The GOP convention will be financed the same way as mentioned above.

Money makes the world go 'round. No big surprise.

JohnnyMack
8/26/2008, 09:04 AM
I'm reasonably certain the RNC fiesta next week will be paid for the same way.

Nope, the Republican Convention shall be a gift of God, the blessings and tidings laid down upon the people by the 6 lb, 9 oz baby Jesus. Don't you know anything?

badger
8/26/2008, 09:23 AM
This has to be the first presidential race where the democrat actually has more money than the republican in the coffer. That said, at least the taxpayers aren't footing the convention bills. those things look like they cost a fortune with all the things you guys already mentioned.Then there's the ridiculous stuff - Michelle signs?! Kennedy signs?! What good will those do on days 2, 3, and 4?!

bri
8/26/2008, 09:39 AM
Jesus f*cking Christ, you make my head hurt.

HOLY SH*T, THEY MADE SIGNS TO WAVE AT A POLITICAL CONVENTION! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!! THAT MUST HAVE COST MILLIONS!!!

badger
8/26/2008, 09:55 AM
Jesus f*cking Christ, you make my head hurt.

HOLY SH*T, THEY MADE SIGNS TO WAVE AT A POLITICAL CONVENTION! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!! THAT MUST HAVE COST MILLIONS!!!

haha, i was more thinking of the limos and the venue and everything else mentioned before. i just thought the funky michelle/kennedy signs were funny. they were obviously for television purposes.

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 10:46 AM
and this will really make your brain assplode. The same corporations are footing the bills at both conventions.:eek:

That's known as "hedging one's bets."

badger
8/26/2008, 10:48 AM
and this will really make your brain assplode. The same corporations are footing the bills at both conventions.:eek:

That's known as "hedging one's bets."

why put all your eggs in one basket :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/26/2008, 11:21 AM
is archer daniels midland on the list?

Bourbon St Sooner
8/26/2008, 11:37 AM
Newsflash: Corporations and lawyers run this country.

Think about that the next time you're getting all teary eyed listening to your favorite politician talk about how he stands up for "the middle class" or "the working man."

Okla-homey
8/26/2008, 11:55 AM

Think about that the next time you're getting all teary eyed listening to your favorite politician talk about how he stands up for "the middle class" or "the working man."

True, but just remember, the US Constitution established the world's first economic common market. Facilitating interstate and international trade was the bait that induced 13 diverse colonies-cum-states into the contract. Commerce makes the US go 'round. Always has, always will.

You jack with the ability to make and keep a buck too much, and you're flirting with disaster because you drive capital away from the US.

Animal Mother
8/26/2008, 12:39 PM

You forgot the pharmaceutical companies. We're all their personal Guinea Pigs. Throw in the FDA for taking 20 years to approve a life extending drug.