PDA

View Full Version : Lofton a starter for the Falcons!

adoniijahsooner
8/26/2008, 01:20 AM
Anyone still thinks he wasnt ready to leave school early?

http://newsok.com/lofton-expected-to-start-first-nfl-game/article/3288313/?tm=1219669838

pott_2
8/26/2008, 02:38 AM
I do... but for selfish reasons.

ratedrsuperstar
8/26/2008, 06:06 AM
the worst team in the NFL don't you ? The Falcons at best win 4 games, more than likely 2. If you have any talent at all, it is easy to break into that line-up and he probably wouldn't start this year at any of the teams in the top 2/3rds of the league.

I hope he plays lights outs and Falcons do well because I live in Georgia.

DrZaius
8/26/2008, 09:03 AM
Way to bring everyone down. I believe the Curt could start on any team. The Falcons may blow but their defense has been decent for the last couple of years, they are just out on the field like 80% of the game. I live in ATL as well and maybe if I see you at the games I can punch you in the mouth for being a HATER :)

badger
8/26/2008, 09:14 AM
Way to bring everyone down. I believe the Curt could start on any team. The Falcons may blow but their defense has been decent for the last couple of years, they are just out on the field like 80% of the game. I live in ATL as well and maybe if I see you at the games I can punch you in the mouth for being a HATER :)

Yeah, they got brought down by Coach Moneytaker last season and now won't have to worry about that dude anymore (Arkanasas, you are doomed. Sorry).

I would have wanted Lofton to return so he could improve his draft status - it's something you only get to do once, y'know? I mean, sure people can sit out entire seasons and not sign with the team that takes them and try again the next years, but for most, it's a one-shot deal. Your little trading card is forever going to tag you as a second round draft pick.

But, maybe there were more important things to Curtis that he had to play in the NFL this season - like money, not having to go to class, having more of the summer and offseason off, etc.

OUMallen
8/26/2008, 09:32 AM
Yay Curtis!

TMcGee86
8/26/2008, 10:56 AM
Did that reporter literally just write that he "sparkled" for the Falcons last week?

W...T...F...?

Did Doug Dannger write this article?

soonermix
8/26/2008, 10:59 AM
wtg lofton

badger
8/26/2008, 10:59 AM
Did that reporter literally just write that he "sparkled" for the Falcons last week?

W...T...F...?

Ron Burgundy does not approve :D

primetime43
8/26/2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, they got brought down by Coach Moneytaker last season and now won't have to worry about that dude anymore (Arkanasas, you are doomed. Sorry).

I would have wanted Lofton to return so he could improve his draft status - it's something you only get to do once, y'know? I mean, sure people can sit out entire seasons and not sign with the team that takes them and try again the next years, but for most, it's a one-shot deal. Your little trading card is forever going to tag you as a second round draft pick.

But, maybe there were more important things to Curtis that he had to play in the NFL this season - like money, not having to go to class, having more of the summer and offseason off, etc.

How do you improve your draft status after the year he had? The risk of having a down year or an injury made it an easy choice.