PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if RW McQarters is related to OU's McQuarters?

stoopified
8/25/2008, 03:25 PM
I was going through old rosters and ran across an OG named Eddie McQuaters from Tulsa Booker T. that was at OU from 1962-1964.

AlbqSooner
8/25/2008, 07:38 PM
I THINK he is a nephew of Eddie. Not sure on that.

Eddie McQuarters was one of the strongest players at OU. Guy I know who played nose at that time said if Eddie got a forearm into your chest he could lift you off your feet and run downfield with you. Very quiet, very polite, but one helluva football player.

Story is told that there was a soda vending machine on the third floor of Jeff house at that time that was notorious for taking money but not delivering soda. One night it took McQuarters' money one time too many. He bear hugged the machine, leaned back and carried it to the fire escape where he pushed it over the rail and to the ground 3 stories later. Other than that, and football, he was very even tempered.

stoopified
8/25/2008, 08:47 PM
Thnaks ASooner

badger
8/25/2008, 10:12 PM
Barry Sanders Jr., a freshman running back from Oklahoma City, is related to Barry Sanders.

Pokes over at OP already want him. I would PPV the meltdown at OP.com after he signs with OU :D