PDA

View Full Version : Dallas PPV Question (UT-Chatt edition)

SeattleOUstudent
8/25/2008, 02:22 PM
Found it, see below.

SeattleOUstudent
8/25/2008, 04:54 PM
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2008, 05:01 PM
I'll check tonight when I get home.

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2008, 07:02 PM
Didn't see it available on the menu, only Texas/Fla Atl.

The customer service rep on the phone in Calcutta said it's not available either.

SeattleOUstudent
8/25/2008, 10:04 PM
haha! I dont know how we are supposed to find this crap if its not even listed on their lineup.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/25/2008, 10:10 PM
As long as we're on the subject, anybody know the answer the same question, except with Verizon FiOS! ??

SeattleOUstudent
8/25/2008, 10:20 PM
(was outdated info)

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2008, 10:28 PM
Good luck with that.

It doesn't show on the guide search as a purchasable event.

SOONERnTx
8/26/2008, 05:12 AM
Seattle, you should check before you post that kind of info because that is for the UTAH STATE game from a previous year. We dont even play them this year!

colleyvillesooner
8/26/2008, 07:37 AM
Noobowned!

Cajun
8/26/2008, 07:37 AM
I have been trying to find any info on the game for two weeks and nothing shows up. Has any one found it on Direct TV?

instigator
8/26/2008, 11:10 AM
Anyone have Verizon FIOS? I dropped DirecTV last year and I have no idea how well Verizon is going to support the PPV.

crawfish
8/26/2008, 11:48 AM
Anyone have Verizon FIOS? I dropped DirecTV last year and I have no idea how well Verizon is going to support the PPV.

The answer is, at least in my area (Keller), no OU games on PPV.

Sucks. :(

instigator
8/26/2008, 12:01 PM

That is what I am thinking. I don't think I can get away from work for a drive to Norman. :( I guess BJs or whatever restaurant is playing it is an option.

trey
8/26/2008, 05:07 PM
Football Game Pay-Per-View Info
View pay-per-view options by location for Saturday's OU-Chattanooga game.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Several cable television systems in Oklahoma and Texas and nationwide satellite TV services DirecTV and Dish Network will offer Oklahoma's season-opening football game against Chattanooga on Saturday, Aug. 30 at 6:00 PM CT on pay-per-view. Suggested retail price is $29.95.

A one-hour pregame show beginning at 5:00 PM CT will commemorate coach Bob Stoops' 10th season at Oklahoma and will feature interviews with former Sooner players and celebrities in attendance about the impact Stoops has had on the OU program in the last decade.

The game is being televised on pay-per-view because it wasn't selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. Under conference TV rules, games not picked up for regular television distribution can only be televised live on pay-per-view, giving fans the option to watch a game they otherwise wouldn't be able to see.

Tim Brando (play-by-play), former Oklahoma running back Spencer Tillman (analyst), former OU quarterback Paul Thompson (sideline reporter) and FSN Southwest's Emily Jones (sideline reporter) call the action. Former Oklahoma quarterback Dean Blevins will host the pay-per-view telecast from Memorial Stadium in Norman, Okla. and anchor the pregame show.

FSN Southwest will replay the game in a one-hour format on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 11:00 AM CT as part of its new "Big 12 No Huddle" series, which will feature condensed telecasts of Big 12 games throughout the season.

Listed below are programming providers that will offer the live telecast on a designated pay-per-view channel (more could be added prior to kickoff). Cable TV subscribers must have digital cable to order the telecast. Customers can order the game from their set-top boxes or by calling their local programming provider:

Location Provider Channel
Nationwide DirecTV 785
Nationwide Dish Network TBD
Ada, Okla. Cable One 299
Altus, Okla. Cable One 299
Ardmore, Okla. Cable One 299
Austin, Texas Time Warner 437
Bartlesville, Okla. Cable One 299
Chickasha, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Duncan, Okla. Cable One 299
Elk City, Okla. Cable One 299
Enid, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Grove, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Henryetta, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Houston, Texas Comcast 596
Kingfisher, Okla. Pioneer Long Distance 302
Lawton, Oklahoma Lawton Cablevision 310
Mannford, Okla. Cim-Tele Cable 376
McAlester, Okla. Allegiance Cable TV 875
Muskogee, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Oklahoma City, Okla. Cox Communications 610
Paul's Valley Suddenlink 611
Perry, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Ponca City, Okla. Cable One 299
San Antonio, Texas Time Warner 508
Seminole, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Shawnee, Okla. Allegiance Cable TV 875
Stillwater, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Tulsa, Okla. Cox Communications 610
Waco, Texas Time Warner 437
Wagoner, Okla. Suddenlink 611
Oklahoma Football

Email this article Printer-friendly format Oklahoma All-Access - Launch Broadband Channel

Sam Bradford Looking Forward to '08
Fans Select Top 10 Plays of the 2000s
Win No. 1 - Oklahoma vs. Florida State
August 22 - Preseason Practice Video
Stoops Boosts Marrow Donor Program
OU Football Media Day Video Montage
Win No. 2 - 2000 Oklahoma vs. Texas
Oklahoma Welcomes Special Olympians
Are You Ready for the 2008 Sooners?
Go Inside the Football Equipment Room
View more videos

SeattleOUstudent
8/26/2008, 06:51 PM
Well ****

SoonerinSouthlake
8/26/2008, 08:13 PM
Lonnigans in Colleyville alwyas have the PPV. Its a OU watch party place and the owner is a grad..so you can be sure all TV's will be tuned in to Sooner!

turkey123
8/26/2008, 08:21 PM
Anyone know if the Dish feed is being broadcast in HD?

Animal Mother
8/27/2008, 09:35 AM

I live just outside Keller and have Verizon. Lonigan's it is for me. This will be the first time since 2003 I had to watch the game at a bar.

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.lonnegans.com/

SeattleOUstudent
8/27/2008, 04:04 PM
So, its official....I called, Time Warner. They will not be carrying the game. They are going to carry the UT game, instead. Glad that I have my appointment set to convert to Uverse

Anyone know of good central Dallas or North Dallas restaurants that will be showing it?

tfoolry
8/27/2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, I had checked with them yesterday & they had no answer when I asked why Time Warner in Austin is carrying the OU/Chatt game but not Dallas. That's garbage.:mad:

schlanker
8/27/2008, 04:26 PM
Come to Frankies in Uptown. I have been told by one of their hot waitresses that it will be on one of their big screens. I will be the wasted guy with a table who has been there since 10AM. Feel free to come sit and hang out.

Animal Mother
8/27/2008, 05:29 PM

I was on the phone with a dude named Dan at Verizon that said he had worked there for 11 years. He saw what I saw on PPV sports early (5:30am) this morning. Nothing listed period. He said to look again over the next 48 hours but it should be listed at this late date.

Crawfish. Who gave you your Verizon info? If it's part of the ESPN Game package shouldn't it also be offered as a single shot? Shot? Did someone say TEQUILA?!?!?!?!

SeattleOUstudent
8/27/2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah, might hit up Frankies. They have pretty good food too, right?

trey
8/27/2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah, might hit up Frankies. They have pretty good food too, right?

have fun. watch out for the crazy utah state fans though.;)

crawfish
8/27/2008, 06:40 PM
I was on the phone with a dude named Dan at Verizon that said he had worked there for 11 years. He saw what I saw on PPV sports early (5:30am) this morning. Nothing listed period. He said to look again over the next 48 hours but it should be listed at this late date.

Crawfish. Who gave you your Verizon info? If it's part of the ESPN Game package shouldn't it also be offered as a single shot? Shot? Did someone say TEQUILA?!?!?!?!

No info, but they never have OU games on PPV. I'm just working from historical data. :(

SeattleOUstudent
8/27/2008, 07:27 PM
Okay, I just called Two Rows in Addison. They said they will have the game on. Think me and the lady will head there.

schlanker
8/28/2008, 11:33 AM
The nachos at Frankies are the best in the city.

SoonR4Life
8/28/2008, 11:44 AM
Anyone know of some sports bars playing the game in the Flower Mound area?

I will be pushing it to make 6pm kickoff

Thanks!

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2008, 08:29 AM
Saw this on another board

This morning I saw that a new Uverse PPV channel (104) is indicating the OU game tomorrow night. So, Uverse subscribers aren't left out in the cold after all.